PDA

View Full Version : Worst of Patience [Agatha]

Lykeira
Jun 8th, 2018, 05:40:30 PM
Moving quickly through the back alley, Lykeira finally took a moment to assess her wounds, opening her right hand from the closest, still smoking from the blaster shot. Doing her best to quell the pain coursing through her lower abdomen, the other small cuts from the broken glass in her legs and left hand, a stab wound in her left shoulder and several others that she couldn't feel anymore, kept the dark Force user from stopping. Ducking behind a beaten, rusted trash reclamator, the armored bounty hunter glanced down the alley, darkened by long shadows and garbage, then moved on.

Sighing, she grunted as she pushed herself up again, adrenaline and force of will the only things keeping her going. Glancing back toward the main avenue, she was sure that he had passed her, though it may not be long before he turned back again. Slightly bent over, the cinnamon toned witch continued moving deeper into the alley, more angry now that she was in this situation to begin with. No one had ever given her such a fight before, though his plethora of weapons and training had won that particular confrontation, but she was determined that the next would end with his head on a pike. Once she was healed, that is.

Muffled voices permeated doors and upper windows and soon she found an intersection, then took the right as a small sign denoting a clinic flashed, beckoning her to it. Left hand on the wall as she moved, aching muscles and exhaustion was claiming more energy with each step as her life force ebbed away in long, crimson lines into her boots and over her belt line. Her labored breathing grew heavier and the door to the clinic seemed to be only inching toward her as desperation began to take over, making her more angry with each passing moment. Now within several feet, it opened and revealed two middle aged men, one nursing a broken arm now in a cast as they both turned to see the haggard, sweat covered woman moving toward them.

"Oh wow," the taller, younger one stated as he moved to Lykeira. "Come on, let me get you inside," he offered, arms now moving to help her.

"Touch me and you die," she hissed. A threat better stated right now than acted upon.

As his friend stepped out of the way, Lykeira moved into the cooler hallway of the clinic and could finally see salvation within reach until her vision narrowed and finally went black.....

Lorna DeLaTour
Jun 9th, 2018, 05:17:13 AM
The last few months on Jovan Station had proved a good change for Agatha. She sometimes missed living on an actual world, but the work she could do on the station was useful and she enjoyed living in a place with many non-humans. Although half-human, she always liked being around multiple species. She believed it made the world a better place - at least when said species could live together in a measure of harmony.

One other thing the medical doctor missed was humanitarian missions, which was why she volunteered once a week at a small public clinic in a corner of the station, besides the main medical complex where she worked the rest of the time. She didn't need to donate her time as such, but it could keep her on her toes and it was something she craved.

That night she had only treated some minor wounds and a few coughs, but hearing a ruckus outside indicated that it was about to change. Some drunks and other hotheaded individuals could get in trouble every once in a while. It seemed that tonight was one of those times.

The blonde walked towards the entrance of the clinic where two tall men told her that the woman now passed out on the lobby floor refused to let them help her. The brunette looked in bad shape.

"Nurse Narou! We need to get her to medbay 3 and prep for surgery." The unknown patient turned out slightly heavier than expected but her figure was quite toned, so that might be why, or she might not be fully human either.

Agatha was grateful for the working conditions being alright at the clinic, though her experience in disaster zones was also practical. The abdomen wound was the result of stabbing and she couldn't tell yet how far the damage extended. The multitude of other wounds would be treated with bacta, bandages, and medication, but the fixing and cleanup would happen after they took care of priority issues.

Lykeira
Jun 9th, 2018, 07:36:52 AM
Samel watched as the nurse and orderly helped carry the strange woman from the lobby and though she threatened his life, there was something that kept him hopeful that she survived the obvious result of some terrible encounter. Wishing he could do more to help, he finally glanced to his older brother whose broken arm had already been tended to. "You should probably head back home. I'll be heading back soon."

Grinning wryly, Riley shook his head. "She's in good hands now," he motioned with his head toward the unseen surgery room. "And I don't think she's the type that'll appreciate flowers when she wakes up. Whenever that is."

Relaxing a bit, the speeder mechanic nodded. "Yeah, you're probably right. But, just hoping she survives at all." Concerned, brown eyes turned back through the nurses station and into the distant door, now closed. "Never seen anyone that beat up before."

"Which also means that whoever did that to her is worse than she is, so not looking forward to getting into something that we can't handle," his brother touched his arm. "Come on. Doctor's got it now, so."

Sighing, Samel knew that was probably for the best and acquiesced. Soon, they exited the main entrance to the front lobby, opposite the alley door that they had originally brought in the stranger.

Lorna DeLaTour
Jun 10th, 2018, 08:06:46 AM
Agatha ensured that the patient was sedated as soon as she was placed on the operating table. She punched all the medical machinery on right away, so she could run all diagnostics within the next minutes. Nurse Narou was contacting another surgeon who was on call if need be. Agatha had extensive medical training and was a pulmonologist by specialization, but lower abdomen surgeries were beyond her scope.

While they had a couple of medical droids available, one of them was currently in maintenance and the other may not be advanced enough to take care of the patient's injury depending on what the readings would be.

"Dr. Deshi is not responding. We might be on our own, Dr. DeLaTour."

Agatha groaned as she checked the medical readings. The stabbing in the lower abdomen had to be taken care of right away if they wanted to avoid the woman losing part of her intestine.

"Frak..." That wasn't good. "Get the medical unit running." Agatha had knew what had to be done, and would do her best with the medical droid and the nurse.

"I'll up the dose, she requires more drugs than anyone her size should need. You'll monitor it during the surgery."

Nurse Narou looked at her. "Are you sure? I can try Dr. Deshi again."

Agatha was already taking care of the IV, before moving on to cleaning up for the surgery.

"I'm not letting her die."

Lykeira
Jun 10th, 2018, 08:22:47 AM

Scouring both sides of the avenue, the shopfronts and doorways, Nekut knew he had lost her. The brunette who stumbled upon a place she didn't need to be and now was the only witness that the bounty hunter had gone above and beyond his contract. Regardless of whether she knew it or not, he couldn't have any witnesses. That and she stole Percy's pendant which would prove her story once this all got out. Not having time to dispose of the accountant's body, the Corellian was running out of time. Turning back, he slowly began looking for subtle clues as he knew she was wounded pretty badly. If he was lucky, she was bleeding out in an alley and his cover story could at least be shored up in the eyes of the local constabulary.

Scanning every face and dismissing most almost as fast, he soon noticed a blood stain on the doorframe of a general store, giving him a moment of pause. He had her. Moving into the inset doorway, he continued into the well lit shop, continuing to look for other traces of blood on the floor or shelves lining several aisles.

"Can I help you, sir," one of the stockers asked.

Angrily, Nekut moved passed him, then slowed, turning back to the younger human. "Your store have security cameras?"

Glancing up to a black, glassy bulb, he motioned with an upraised chin. "Have to talk to Gorun about that."

Eyes narrowing, "He the manager?"

The teenager nodded, though appeared to be growing more nervous with their interaction.

Continuing toward the back, the hunter sought out the back office and moved around the front counter, gaining the attention of another. "You can't be back here," the older man stated, moving toward him.

"Bounty hunter with a PKC," Nekut threatened, glaring at the cashier as he didn't break stride. Stepping into the main office, he closed the door on the grey haired human who glanced up to him nervously. "Need to see your security footage for the last hour."

Lorna DeLaTour
Dec 31st, 2018, 12:08:36 PM
Agatha had no interest in figuring out how that woman had got in such bad condition; what mattered was the surgery for now. The doctor had got started with the help of the nurse and the medical droid by the time Dr. Deshi eventually showed up, much to her relief. She had got a solid head start, and part of her was aware that more trouble might come, whether from the patient or the perpetrators of the stabbing. For now, they had to fix her up. Deshi was as perplexed as her by how the brunette had survived long enough to pass out in the clinic's lobby. She had seen multiple species over the years including some uncanny hybrids, but this patient's resilience was mind-blowing. Good for her though, as the stabbing might have killed about anyone in weaker condition.

The surgery nevertheless lasted a couple of hours, and after they completed it and patched her up, they moved her to an observation chamber. The accommodation available in the small public clinic were not luxurious but they were clean. Agatha insisted on keeping the woman sedated for a while longer, to her colleague's surprise, but the blonde couldn't shake the weird inkling she had and she stood by her decision.

Dr. Deshi left everything in Agatha's hands afterwards, and the half Lorrdian then proceeded to get herself a ration bar and a large cup of stim caf. Nurse Nouri teased that it was battle front level post-op kind of snack, and Agatha smiled before taking the first sip. Some times on humanitarian missions, it was not so much as a snack as her actual dinner.

Lykeira
Jan 1st, 2019, 11:04:15 AM
As he watched in the store's main office, Nekut noticed the brunette walk into the shop, holding her side as she did so, nearly knocking aside two patrons. He then sped up the recording, hoping to see where she exited, but never saw that part as the woman disappeared into the back of the establishment and never emerged again. Checking the camera in the loading dock, it appeared quiet for the longest time besides a driver and lift droid emptying his trailer, then the speeder truck also left.

Maybe she stole away into the back of the truck and escaped that way, he mused. Rising, now having the license plate of the vehicle, he would have to make a few calls and as he pushed passed the manager, he shook his head. This whole thing was getting out of hand. Time was running out and he had to leave here.

"Get everything you needed," the older man asked.

"Yeah," the bounty hunter nodded as he fingered through the contacts within his comlink, soon finding the officer at the police station. Tapping the sergeant, he waited while heading toward the front entrance, ignoring everyone else around him.

Lykeira awoke to the rhythmic beating of the biosensor to her right, multicolored light now illuminating the small recovery room and though the soreness in her body was muted, she could tell that most of the major damage had been tended to. Craning her neck, the dark Force user noticed a nurse and another woman near the receptionist desk, out beyond a crossing hallway. Trying to push herself to sit, whatever drugs that had been administered gave a sudden rush of nausea, prompting her to lay back down and close her eyes.

"Uhhh," she winced, right hand to her forehead now bathed in cool sweat.

She was just glad that no one else was in the room and she wasn't cuffed to the rail.

Lorna DeLaTour
Jan 1st, 2019, 11:18:03 AM
"We should contact the authorities regarding this woman's situation," Nurse Narou suggested. Lorna swallowed the last bite of her ration bar and shrugged. "We have no identification for her, and I'd rather she stayed at the clinic. This is a public place and she's not the first patient we have with barely any ID and whose story we might not want to know."

The nurse sighed. "I've worked here for a while but you always seem way more relaxed than anyone else about our patients here."

Lorna chuckled softly. "Do no harm is what we pledge to do, and sometimes not knowing one's story somewhat makes it easier." It was maybe a bit cynical to say that but she didn't really care. She valued helping those who might not be able to get help elsewhere, whether for monetary issues or due to their walk of life.

Taking the last sip of her caf, she tossed the disposable cup into a nearby trash and was soon on her way to the woman's room.

She realized the woman was conscious again, and assessed the cold sweat from the get go. She checked the IV and monitors. "Hi, you may be dizzy for a while. We had to give you a bigger dose than usual."

Lykeira
Jan 2nd, 2019, 07:26:12 AM
The voices in the lobby made the Force user a bit concerned as she had no intentions of going to the police station. Sighing, she relaxed herself and used the technique she had been taught on easing pain, which soon washed away the nausea. Approaching footsteps prompted the witch to glance to the blonde now entering the room. Flashes of memory also guided her mind back to how she got here in the first place as Lykeira began searching the chair next to her bed, then to the closet.

"My things in there," she motioned with her head to the closet. "I had a necklace in my pocket."

No one had better have stolen it, she mused. The bounty hunter that had murdered the woman was no doubt looking for the only witness to the crime as well, now. Another reason she had to ensure that any visit to the authorities was on her terms.

Lorna DeLaTour
Jan 2nd, 2019, 07:41:59 AM
As only half-Lorrdian, Lorna didn't read people's body language with the same accuracy as a full-blooded Lorrdian would, but she still had strong people-reading skills. It was due to both her lineage and her medical training. The patient was already regaining strength, and had little want to be there. The curt question confirmed that. As a public clinic, they ran on donations for the people in need. That also meant that many visitors or locals living under the radar came here. The galaxy needed balance and that was one of the reasons why Lorna deflected colleagues still seeking IDs or authorities reporting. The blonde doctor had often been underestimated as a softie, but she was far from that in many cases, and had seen enough not to want to be nitpicking with administrative details that would hinder most people rather than helping them, whether it was letting them off the hook, or help them expecting nothing in return.

"Everything was put in a sealed bag. You can pick it up on your way out."

Lorna's gaze narrowed at the woman. "You heal well and your pain threshold is quite high. I take it you'll be out before the end of the day." Part of her guessed that even if the woman before her had to crawl the hell away, she probably would.

"If you have credits to spare, I'd appreciate it. If not, get out when you're ready."

Lykeira
Jan 2nd, 2019, 01:29:41 PM
Concerned that her things would be held hostage, Lykeira was relieved that the apparent doctor was releasing her when she could walk out. Not used to being catered to, the witch only nodded at the statement. Taking what she wanted had typically been the norm for her, but in situations like these, being cordial wasn't at the forefront of her thoughts. Her mother, whose fate was still unknown, would have a fit seeing her only daughter like this.

"When you've grown up with my culture, weakness isn't tolerated," Lykeira stated without thought. She hated being here, especially knowing that the bounty hunter may eventually discover her whereabouts, though that fight would be an epic one, she determined. "I take it you're the doctor?"

Lorna DeLaTour
Jan 2nd, 2019, 02:51:34 PM
The brunette's blunt statement took Lorna by surprise though she didn't let it show. Keeping a good Sabacc face was something she had mad skills at, though she had always been somewhat surprised of where it might come from, as she'd been like that since her youth. She didn't say a word in reply, glossing over it, but keeping a mental note of what the patient had admitted.

"I'm Dr. DeLaTour. Your surgery was successful and you're bound to make a complete recovery."

The blonde's intelligent eyes slightly narrowed at the other woman. "I don't know what you got yourself into. No one has come after you yet, but it has been less than ten hours since you arrived here." She didn't know the details of how that fight almost killing her patient had occurred, but if hell was to follow the patient, Lorna had little interest in it breaking loose right at the clinic.

Lykeira
Jan 3rd, 2019, 10:41:25 AM
Recovering from her wounds was a foregone conclusion in Lykeira's mind as she had survived much worse than this. Though to the extent that the bounty hunter's lucky slash had damaged her internally, she still didn't know and wasn't that inclined to ask. Also knowing that she had been sleeping for ten hours already also made her hope that the hunter's absence also meant that he had lost her trail, or he was waiting just outside. Time would tell on that one, she mused.

"Well," she carefully pushed herself up a bit, wincing as she did so. "If you must know, the one that did this had murdered a woman that I was talking to and then tried to kill me as well," hazel green eyes met the narrowed of the doctor. "So before you go judging me for inciting this mess, think again. If he shows up, I'll finish what he started." Sighing, she relaxed again, glancing out to the receptionist behind the long counter, sure she was listening while pretending to do paperwork.

"Got anything to eat," Lykeira inquired, returning her gaze to the doctor.

Lorna DeLaTour
Jan 25th, 2019, 08:20:54 AM
Lorna didn't work law enforcement on the station, and her job was to patch people up regardless of who they were. She quietly but sternly held the other woman's gaze. There was arrogance and a fierce will in that woman for the way she held herself even after barely coming out of surgery. For sure, she had fabulous recovery ways. "You're the one thinking I'm judging you," she replied curtly. "I got you back to your feet, I did my job. Whatever yours is is up to you. I'd just rather further bloodshed happened outside of the clinic." Lorna was practical and while bleeding and wounded people taking hits close to the clinic was practical, she would rather avoid a total mess in the clinic, especially since it was one that already had fewer resources as being a public one for those with fewer financial means.

"Ration bars for the most part. I'll get you some and more water."

Lykeira
Feb 3rd, 2019, 10:16:23 AM
"Thanks," Lykeira's head canted to the side as she watched the confident body language and admired the spunk that the doctor had. Though she imagined that many others had gone through those doors over the years and she could only imagine the stories. Though this was the first time that the doctor and her nurse had ever been in the presence of a dark Force witch. One that still had yet to make a name for herself outside the Pachmari.

Taking in the room, it's small space gave her little room for comfort, though recounting the ten hours previously stated it was possible that her stumbled escape to this back alley clinic may have averted any chance of her killing the bounty hunter and taking his knife as her own. A trophy to be sure.

Lorna DeLaTour
Feb 4th, 2019, 05:56:19 PM
That woman looked human but definitely wasn't any sort of normal human. Lorna wasn't the kind to be nosy but based on what she had observed, the patient was one heck of a healing capacity. Lorna wondered whether the stranger was a Force user. She wouldn't be able to tell. As observant as she was, she was no Force user so detecting another one, unless witnessing certain things, was not among her own skills.

Coming back with three ration bars and a large glass of water, she handed them to the patient. "We also have caf, but it might still interfere with your medication, so sticking to water is preferable."

Lykeira
Feb 5th, 2019, 06:58:44 AM
Taking the items, her left shoulder and forearm still a bit sore, Lykeira then began eating. "I'll be fine," she replied nonchalantly. Gaining her strength before that bounty hunter showed up, or she found him instead, would be important. The Force could only carry her so far.

Letting the first bite sink as she swallowed, the brunette relaxed a bit again. "How long you been doing this?" Small talk wasn't really her thing, but learning more about this doctor may help later, she mused.

Lorna DeLaTour
Feb 6th, 2019, 11:11:17 PM
Lorna wasn't going to argue with the other woman. She had had patients who had been much worse to handle. The brunette seemed intelligent enough to know her own limits and could definitely take care of herself. The blonde had done her job, and was relieved that they had been there in time to perform a life-saving surgery.

She was surprised to see the woman relax. It was subtle but her body language shifted a bit. She hadn't really expected small talk, but she nevertheless answered the question. She was used for the unexpected to happen after years in the profession.

"A dozen years roughly.... I've rarely been working on space stations. I used to mostly hop from one world to the other." She did miss the outdoors, regardless of how many opportunities Jovan Station provided.

Lykeira
Feb 7th, 2019, 06:57:45 AM
So, not that established, Lykeira mused as she laid there, her mind drifting as they talked. Keeping her senses open would also help save her if this bounty hunter was sneaking up on the place. "Like to move around," Lykeira smirked. "Get in trouble a lot then?"

Lorna DeLaTour
Feb 7th, 2019, 04:21:28 PM
Lorna laughed at the woman's question. "Not that often," she mused before returning to seriousness. "I've butted heads with some bigots but other than that I mostly enjoy traveling."

She raised a brow as she looked at the brunette. "What about you?" She didn't necessary expect much from her patient, but she didn't have to keep talking about herself either.

Lykeira
Feb 17th, 2019, 08:51:54 AM
"Me," Lykeira motioned to herself, surprised look on her face as she smirked wryly. "Model citizen right here. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time," she stated sarcastically, though the thought of being this immobile burned her to the core. A momentary thought that showed as her hazel green eyes flashed. Taking a deep breath, she sighed. "Right now, just need to get out of this bed as soon as I can."

Footsteps approached as the attending nurse stepped into the room's doorway, gaining the brunette's attention. "Miss DeLaTour, I've got everything taken care of for the night," she glanced to the patient now eyeing her curves, then back to the doctor. "You going to be okay?"

Lykeira grinned knowing that was code for, "Will you be fine in the presence of this psychopath?" Charming, to say the least.

Lorna DeLaTour
Feb 18th, 2019, 11:56:28 PM
The woman's frustration was almost palpable, and for the little she had gathered about her, it didn't surprise Lorna. "You should be able to get out of here soon enough. We'll provide you with some meds to help with the recovery, but your body has been adjusting remarkably well given the circumstances."

When the nurse stopped by, the half-Lorrdian looked at her, and shrugged at the question. "I sung lullabies to a Wookiee back on Ryloth, I'll be fine." She appreciated the nurse's concern but at the same time she found it somewhat rude to do as such in front of the patient, no matter how dangerous the brunette could be.

The nurse gave a puzzled look at the doctor, having no idea whether it was a joke or not. "Have a good night," she said politely before scampering off.