PDA

View Full Version : Hello From The Other Side [Closed]

Ryssa Kilvaari
Dec 17th, 2017, 08:08:55 PM
[Note that this is based on times of the Old Republic when Ryssa first appeared in History. I'm bored so wanted to write up more of her past. Also I did some research on who was Grand Master around the time Ryssa was alive between the years 4014 BBY and 3996 BBY and came up with nothing. The only Entry close to that time era was Nomi Sunrider who became Grand Master in 3986 BBY, ten years after Ryssa's 'death', so yes, creative license was used here lol.]

Ossus - Year 4010 BBY

It was a warm, beautiful day. The sun's rays shining through the Temple as Jedi walked from one destination to another. Two Jedi Masters in particular, Grand Master Aqua Solari and Master Elara Asher were deep in conversation. Discussing the fate of one of the children that had been in Elara's care almost since birth. A little human girl named Ryssa Kilvaari. The little girl had been confirmed as Force Sensitive in the womb due to a rare occurrence where the foetus was able to lend some of her strength to her Non-Sensitive Mother when she became injured in a speeder accident. Ryssa herself had been injured in the accident and had instinctively used the Force to heal the wounds and in turn, helped heal her Mother. After her birth, she was taken by the Jedi to be raised with the hope that, one day, Ryssa would be a part of their ranks. Four years after her birth, the little girl appeared to be growing in power, so much so that it had now become a concern to her carers.

"Grand Master Solari." Elara began as the two walked. "I'm concerned about one of our little ones in the Nursery. A child named Ryssa is surprisingly strong in the Force for her young age."

Aqua looked to her fellow master with calm, yet attentive eyes. Her ears attuned to the voice of Elara's tones. "Oh?" she responded, giving Elara's words her full attention. "What seems to be the issue, Master Asher?"

Elara took in a breath, almost thankful that the Grand Master was taking her words with attentiveness rather than dismissal. "For the past several weeks, Ryssa appears to be acutely aware of the Force. She has yet to be given any formal training, yet she appears to be quite capable of Telekinesis along with her abilities to heal. She hasn't quite been able to control her telekinesis abilities to be of real use to her, but it has frightened her somewhat, especially as she hit herself with a rock the other day while unwittingly using the skill. I worry that, if we don't get her anxieties over her growing Force abilities, it may hinder her in the future."

Aqua nodded and mused over Elara's words. "I see." Putting a curled hand to her lip, Aqua thought deeply on the situation. "Do you believe helping her train in the Force now will be beneficial to her? To conquer her fear of her growing abilities?" she asked.

"I do." Elara responded to the question posed to her. "She is a kind child, if a little shy and anxious. If she starts to learn to control her powers now, she could become a great asset to us when she is older." Elara did, however caution the Grand Master on one point though. "There is also the matter of her destiny..."

Aqua pursed her lips slightly as the discussion turned evermore serious. Elara had spoken of a vision involving an older Ryssa in the future, telling her that Ryssa would have a destiny like no other Jedi could dare to imagine. She would save the lost Jedi children, seemingly give up her life as she did so, yet they in turn would save her by 'sending her through time'. No one knew how long that span would be, but one thing was certain. Ryssa had to be prepared for what was to come. The Grand Master sighed in quiet resignation. "Bring the girl to me in the Council Chambers." Aqua ordered. "Until she is of age to be paired with a Master to travel offworld, I will take her as my Padawan."

Elara bowed her head in acknowledgement of the order. "Yes Grand Master... and thank you."

As Elara turned and moved away from Aqua, the Grand Master briefly looked out of the window. "The Force will be tough on the poor girl... but if I can help ease that burden in some way, I know she will make it though."

Standing in the middle of the Council Chambers of the Jedi Temple, a grand structure that had giant statues of Jedi long passed, four year old Ryssa Kilvaari (https://i.pinimg.com/736x/6d/32/0a/6d320acb7495da6326d3b9bce336c1db.jpg) stood inside the circle of Jedi Council members. Master Elara had brought her to the Council to discuss her fate, though for obvious reasons, Ryssa thought she was in trouble...deep trouble at that. No one as young as she goes to speak to the Council and Ryssa couldn't help but be anxious with that thought stuck in her mind. Standing nervously in the circle's center, the little girl held her hands in front of her. Brown eyes looking at each and every member of the Order before they locked onto the Grand Master, a kind human woman with long brown hair that rose from her chair before kneeling down to the girl, allowing the two to look at one another eye to eye.

"Hello there young one." she began as she pulled her legs under her, allowing herself to sit with them curled underneath her. Ryssa watched and shifted slightly, her anxiety slowly melting as she focused on the woman. "My name is Aqua Solari. I'm the Grand Master of the Jedi Order." the woman continued, bowing her head to the youngling before raising it once more. "Tell me child, what's your name?"

Ryssa briefly looked around once more before taking a breath and focusing on the Grand Master once more, a small kind smile as she responded in a quiet voice, "My name is Ryssa Kilvaari, Master."

Aqua smiled broadly at the child as she nodded. "Its very nice to meet you, Ryssa." she responded kindly before the more serious talks began. "Do you know why you're here, Ryssa?"

Ryssa canted her head slightly, pausing in thought for a moment. She recalled a talk her Nursery Master had with her a few days before about her latent Force Abilities and how she believed the girl would greatly benefit from learning how to control them now rather than next year. Did this encounter come from that talk? Tentatively, Ryssa responded to the question put before her. "Does it have to do with the Force, Master?"

Aqua nodded in response to the girl's question. "Indeed. Master Elara spoke to me about how you're coming into your powers quite early. She believes you should begin training as a Jedi as soon as possible." She watched as the little girl locked eyes with her, her young body tensing up in anticipation of the answer. The Grand Master was quick to ease the child's anxiety. "Don't worry child, you won't be going offworld and fighting our enemies any time soon. You will be learning to control the Force within you. As it is growing at a rapid rate, its been decided that you should learn with a Master that is highly specialized in teaching children with latent abilities showing so early."

Ryssa looked intrigued somewhat as she questioned the Grand Master. "Who teach me Master?"

Aqua smiled coyly at the girl. "Well. I was thinking that, for the next few years, I will help train you. I wish to see what Master Elara has seen, and once we have a good idea on what your talents are, we can find you a Master to permanently train you. Sound good?"

Ryssa's eyes grew wide with surprise and excitement. "Really?! You train me?" she asked gleefully. She watched as the Grand Master nodded, smiling at the girl. The excitement within her could no longer be held as she launched into a hug for the Grand Master. "Fank you! I...I...I can't wait!"

Aqua grinned as she pulled back slightly to look at the girl. "Report to my quarters, youngling. We will discuss your training when I'm wrapped up here, okay?"

The girl took her hands away from Aqua's shoulders and let them hang at her side, nodding in acknowledgement before bowing her head to both the Grand Master, and the other Jedi Council Members before turning to leave. Master Elara, who had been waiting outside, then guided the girl to where she needed to go, waiting with her until the Grand Master had finished deliberating with the Council.