PDA

View Full Version : Wherever the hyper lanes take me... (Nikole)

Aurelia Wayne
Sep 10th, 2017, 07:25:38 PM
Dark blue eyes scanned the cantina. Despite the raucous shouting from patrons in Huttese and Shyriiwook at the next table over, the raven-haired woman sat with a leg crossed under the table, looking perfectly calm and composed. She ignored their argument and continued to watch the others expectantly.

Something is about to happen here, Aurelia Wayne thought, but what?

This was just one stop of me on her journey. An orbital refueling station on the Outer Rim, of all places, and her instincts were pinging hard. Aurelia knew to trust them, even if she didn't fully understand what she was looking for here.

Clad in a non-descript, utilitarian black and gray flight suit, she sipped from the mug in front of her. Her right arm rested on her similarly dark travel bag. Setting the mug down, she continued to watch and wait.

"Another, miss?"

Aurelia nodded and the barmaid poured her another surprisingly good mug of stimcaf. The server smiled; she smiled back and took another sip.

Nikole Nystrom
Sep 10th, 2017, 08:14:35 PM
It was a simple refuel and restocking trip before The Ronan head out to Jakku. The Nystrom family had been hired to secure supplies from a junk dealer that happened to score on a particularly lucrative scavenge run. To capitalize on time, the three of them split up the work. Katja stayed at the ship to oversee refueling and do some light repairs while the twins, Nikole and Kalyn, went to restock the pantry and upgrade some tools. Kalyn went shopping at the market while Nikole took care of the food supplies.

A Kel Dor by the name of Tiast owed the family a small favor and currently ran a cantina here, and Nikole was quite certain that he would allow the Nystroms take whatever was needed from his storeroom to replenish their stock. Especially if he wanted to call things even.

Gently pulling off her mirroshades, Nikole walked down the steps and already winced at the choice of bass metal music competing with the garbled yelling and heated debates inside. Brown eyes quickly scanned the room and didn't recognize any of the servers.

Has it really been that long?

She saddled up at the bar, setting at arm against counter as she adjusted her vest. Nikole was always practical in what she wore and looked like any other smuggler here.

"What'cha want, Nystrom?" barked the approaching Gran bartender.

"A shot of your best whiskey and letting Tiast know I'm here to collect," she said with a smirk. "Trust me, Isk. He'll know what it means."

He snorted, nostrils flaring. "We don't need any trouble. I've got enough of that shit here. Transients always starting fights."

She held up a hand and looked innocent. "No fights. Just a simple transactions that your boss will be delighted to complete."

Isk slammed a shot glass down and filled it up. "Fine. Just behave until I get back."

"Behave?" she said, feigning hurt. "I didn't cause any trouble last time. That was Katja."

"Yes behave. And I don't care who started it before. You sit there and behave," he said, jutted a finger out at the stool she was sitting on.

With a sigh, she nodded. "Very well."

*This is the start of a reboot with the Nystroms and the Waynes

Aurelia Wayne
Sep 11th, 2017, 06:48:18 PM
Sipping her caf, Aurelia tracked the smuggler through narrowed eyes. It was nothing personal; she'd done the same for every other being who'd entered since she'd been sitting at her table. She watched as the bartender got animated with the smuggler and again, it was nothing the Corellian had not already observed in him.

The sense of expectation was still there, though.

She glanced up at a vidscreen, skimming the news feeds. This far into the Outer Rim, the data was nearly a full light cycle old, she knew. By now, Aurelia had been journeying long enough to be used to that. Curiosity sated with old news, her gaze shifted back to taking in the cantina's patrons.

And then, back to the brunette smuggler.

Nikole Nystrom
Sep 11th, 2017, 07:10:04 PM
She took out her link to check in with her siblings.

"Katja? Please tell me you're behaving?"

The answer was surprisingly immediate. Totally!

"Totally?"

Yep. Ship's almost refueled, and I'm upside down in the main holding doing repairs. I'm behaving.

"Why are you ... Nevermind." She knocked back the drink instead of grilling her sister's work habits. "Let me know when the repairs are done. I should have the food soon."

Is Isk still made at me?

"Quite. So mad that he's mad at me," she said while shifting on the stool to get a good glance at the entire cantina.

Oops. Sorry, Big Sis.

"Sure you ..." she paused for a moment as brown eyes drifted past a woman that was watching her and felt the room tilt on edge. She slid off the stool and had to catch herself by grabbing onto the edge of the counter or fall!

Sis?

Aurelia Wayne
Sep 11th, 2017, 07:18:09 PM
As they made eye contact, Aurelia's eyes widened. It felt like electrical current coursed through her, making her sit up straighter. She watched the smuggler stumble at the same moment.

With a soft gasp, Auri looked around the cantina, trying to work out what had just happened. She expected to see others stumbling or looking similarly zapped. She was prepared to see the power flicker or to note vid screens gone offline.

Nothing.

Her gaze went back to the smuggler, eyes narrowed shrewdly.

Well, that was interesting, she thought dryly.

Taking a deep, steadying breath, Aurelia then swallowed the last of her stimcaf. It bought her precious seconds to try and decide what to do now. The jolt was "interesting"; but what did it mean? She lifted a brow, staring directly at the smuggler, then tilted her head toward the open seat in invitation.

Nikole Nystrom
Sep 11th, 2017, 07:29:58 PM
Yo SIS?! Talk to me...

"I ..."

Nikole was confused as she righted herself. Never had she been so clumsy.

"I'm fine, Katja. Sorry. I'll talk with you again later..." She said distracted, tucking the link away and wondering what to do with the invitation.

She wondered if the woman was taking pity upon her as they continued to stare each other down with curiosity.

"Nikole?" A gruff voice from behind her forced her attention.

"Tiask." She acknowledge him with a nod and glanced back at the other woman.

Unfortunately, Nikole didn't have time to dawdle with a stranger. They were on a schedule, but it took an exorbitant amount of willpower to tear her eyes away from her.

"Come on and let's get this over with," he said, sweeping the waist high bar door open for her. "We'll talk business in the back..."

Aurelia Wayne
Sep 11th, 2017, 07:41:42 PM
And, just like that, the connection - Or whatever it was, Aurelia thought - had been broken. She was free to look away again, and around the cantina. Still, no one else seemed affected.

Frowning to herself, she grabbed her pack and slid it onto her shoulders. She squared away her tab and left a few extra creds to cover the time she'd spent taking up the tables. Auri glanced around the cantina once more, gaze lingering on the bar door that led to the back. The smuggler was out of sight range. Pursing her lips, she went out the front and merged into foot traffic moving through the commercial area of the space station.

Trusting intuition yet again, Aurelia was headed toward the docking bays, even though she wasn't certain why​.

Nikole Nystrom
Sep 11th, 2017, 07:53:18 PM
Delighted that Tiast was eager to made good on his favor, Nikole was loading up a borrowed hoverlift by herself. He knew better than to offer assistance, knowing that the young Morellian was more than capable of lifting the crates herself. With a grunt and a sigh, one by one they were placed perfectly onto the lift, the secured with a touch of a button. A blue barrier shimmered around the supply boxes, making sure that if they got jostled, they wouldn't fall off and become dented.

Another switch and the lift rose off the ground. Nikole curled her fingers around the comfortable, foamy grip, and was on her way back to the docks and didn't have one good reason to go back into the cantina to see if that woman was still there.

She couldn't understand why that bothered her so.

Aurelia Wayne
Sep 11th, 2017, 08:10:26 PM
Watching the fellow travelers - spacers, smugglers, tourists, and whomever else - Aurelia didn't see anyone else who gave her such a jolting feeling as the brunette fem had back at the cantina. She mused on that as she walked toward the docking bays, deciding that the sense of expectation she had was simply that it was time to go. She'd already been bunking on this space station for a few days, after all.

Aurelia approached the dock master. "I'm looking for outbound passage."

He smirked. "Aren't we all."

She chuckled softly. "Right. Any recommendations of spacers to talk to?"

"Hmm, hang on..." The teal-skinned Twi'Lek skimmed his docking schedule, lekku twitching slightly as he reviewed the options. "There's a couple options, depending on what you want to pay and/or put up with."

Auri grinned at that qualification. "Alright. What do you recommend?"

"There's a surly Wookiee and then this outfit here, next bay over. They seem like they'd give you less attitude per parsec for the price, anyway. Assuming they're going anywhere you have in mind," he commented, "as they're normally cargo haulers."

"I've spent time sleeping in cargo holds before," she quipped, amused. "So, I could sell myself as space junk, hmm?"

He eyed her, fanged teeth gleaming, reptilian eyes alight with humor. "Hardly. But, I'm sure they'd be willing to work with you. A crewer is still aboard, I think."

"Alright, thanks for the help."

Auri glanced around and made her way down to the bay door that he'd indicated. She glanced at the display, noting this as The Ronan, then peered through to assess the ship. Knowing more than a thing or two about spaceworthy vessels, the Corellian gave it an approving nod based on what she could see of cleanliness and how the ship was maintained. Aurelia let herself into the bay and looked for said crew member.

"Hello... anyone home?" she called out.

Katja Nystrom
Sep 15th, 2017, 07:32:22 PM
Katja was chatting it up with one of the maintenance droids assigned to their bay. The exuberant blonde frowned as the droid in its mid beep as he heard a female voice speaking basic near the ship.

"Hold on goldie. Lemme see who's come a calling." She gave his dome head a little pat and was off, leaving the little guy to disconnect the fuel hose.

Coming around one of the landing struts, she saw an attractive woman nosing around the ship. Curious, she came out of the shadows of the ship with a raised brow.

"It's not for sale, but I can see the look of appreciation," she said with a smirk, appreciating the view herself.

The flight suit kept her figure hidden well so the Morellian's imagination was running a bit wild right now.

"You lost?" her tone was playful.

Aurelia Wayne
Sep 16th, 2017, 04:12:25 PM
Aurelia smiled easily, gaze shifting to the young blonde, then back to the Corellian ship.

"It's a beauty. Nice lines, well maintained..." Blinking, she looked back at the spacer, realizing that she ought to control her geekery for Corellian ships just a little. "Not lost. The dock master recommended you, and thought you'd be willing to hire out to carry a passenger."

Katja Nystrom
Mar 18th, 2018, 07:09:50 PM
"Aww! You were talking about the ship, werentcha?" she said with a wink once Katja noticed the woman's eyes were oogling the ship and not her.

She slid her hands under her arms and appraised the stranger. "Well, that's nice and all but we don't always do the schlepping of people from here to there. Gotta have a good reason to even consider it and all. Plus, my older sis has to approve. She'll be back soon."

Aurelia Wayne
Mar 19th, 2018, 02:29:57 PM
Auri chuckled at the blonde's quip, grinning.

For some reason, at the mention of her having an "older sis," Aurelia's senses tingled. She noted it, though she had no idea why that resonated for some reason.

"Well... alright. I was just thinking that if you were carrying cargo anyway, perhaps I could ride along as... another crate, as it were," she replied. "But, I can hang around awhile to speak with your sister. If you don't mind, anyway."

Katja Nystrom
Apr 4th, 2018, 08:36:50 PM
The blonde shrugged and half turned, waving the woman to follow her. "Suit yourself."

Katja allowed her close enough to be under the ship, but no where near the ramp.

beep ... beep ... beep

"No touching anything." She grabbed her link and walked a safe distance away to have some privacy. "Hey Nik. Almost here?"

Yes... be there in ten. Is everything in place?

"Yup. My arms and some droids here to get all us settled in with the shipment. There's a girl here too."

There was a moment pause.

What do you mean a girl?

"I dunno. Someone that wants to negotiate passage as extra cargo. Said she had to talk to you."

Brilliant. Well, I'll hear her out. No promises though. And she has to talk as we load. Not loitering around for lengthy discussions.

The call ended. Katja pocketed the link and returned to her guest.

"Good news... Nik's back in ten and delighted to meet you," she said sweetly, obviously exaggerating.

Aurelia Wayne
Apr 7th, 2018, 06:44:35 PM
Eyebrows aloft, Aurelia held up her hands in amusement, showing the blonde that they were nowhere near touching the ship or anything else.

She's an odd one, the Corellian thought.

She watched her wander off to take the call, eventually dropping her hands to put them back in her pockets. Her satchel was still hung on her shoulder. Dark blue eyes studied the underbelly of the ship as she tilted her head back, looking for signs of - and quality of - any repair work. Auri had to admit that - at least from what she could see - it all seemed well maintained.

A lot better than some vessels you've toted around on so far, she though to herself.

The look of being quietly impressed with the sisters' work shifted to a smirk at the blonde's tone.

"I look forward to meeting with her, then. It's not as if I don't have credits to spend to make this worth your while. Plus, I can be quiet and out of your way if that's what you need," she said reasonably.

Nikole Nystrom
Jun 2nd, 2018, 02:30:21 PM
With a sigh, she crossed the street and saw the main entrance to the docking port. She was not looking forward to half hearing someone lay out their reasons for needing passage. Unfortunately her delightful sister had made promises on her behalf to at least hear this woman out.

The irony of who the woman would be was the trick here that Nikole was not prepared for ...

Katja Nystrom
Jun 2nd, 2018, 02:31:52 PM
"Well, just have to see if it's enough. We like being alone and all. Prefer the privacy and having someone else on the ship makes that not entirely possible," she said honestly. "Though, gotta love money paying cargo, huh?"

Katja winked.

Aurelia Wayne
Jun 11th, 2018, 06:48:06 PM
"Self-sustaining haul for you, cargo that pays its own way," Aurelia agreed with a smirk.

She waggled dark eyebrows and chuckled. Auri wasn't sure what else to say, if it was the sister who had to make the determination on her booking passage on the Corellian ship.

Katja Nystrom
Jun 11th, 2018, 06:59:59 PM
She thought the woman was quite attractive and fun, if the banter was any indication. Part of her hoped that Nikole would be gracious enough to allow her passage because the sight was worth it, money aside. They had a lucrative business and Katja had her fun, but she left the fun on the planets, never bringing them home. In fact, she couldn't remember the last time someone was on the ship that paid their own way.

"Ah!" She perked up and waved her arm high as she saw Nikole pass through the checkpoint into their bay. "You get to plead your case now."

Nikole Nystrom
Jun 11th, 2018, 07:11:45 PM
When she laid eyes on the back of the being that her sister was talking too, a strong sense of familiarity caused her to shiver, but not out of danger. Nikole approached cautiously, not returning her sister's wave, to try and get a better view of this potential customer ...

Aurelia Wayne
Jun 20th, 2018, 08:45:12 AM
"Oh, good. I don't want to--"

--hold you up unnecessarily, Aurelia was going to say. But, she was in mid-turn to take her first look at Katja's sister when she saw who her sister was. She inhaled sharply as that same jolt ran through her from head to toe. Auri swallowed hard, staring at the brunette again, as she struggled to find her voice.

"Hey," was all she could manage.

Nikole Nystrom
Jul 13th, 2018, 09:32:11 AM
She ceased her steps as soon as she was staring into the haunting face of the woman last seen at the cantina. Nikole took a step back, her heel hitting the edge of the hovercart, as she felt her world begin to spin, similar to when they first saw each other. Her mouth grew dry and her heart thudding loudly between her ears, drowning out Katja's concerned voice.

Katja Nystrom
Jul 13th, 2018, 09:33:10 AM
Katja balked as Nikole turn sheet white.

"Hey! You alright, Nik?" she said jokingly, with an edge of legitimate concern strewn in. "You look like ya saw a ghost or something..."

Aurelia Wayne
Jul 28th, 2018, 06:48:29 PM
Auri forced herself to look away and the intense feeling eased, but her heart continued to hammer loudly in her ears.

What the hell?!

She took a deep breath and tried to regain her composure. Looking toward Nik out the corner of her eye to try and manage the sensation, she asked, "You okay?"

Nikole Nystrom
Jul 29th, 2018, 11:41:15 AM
With a soft grunt, she touched her forehead until the dizzy spell passed and steadied herself against one of the crates with the the other hand. She never experienced such spells before and now it occurred twice in one day. Around this woman no less.

"Yeah," she began, her voice a bit shaken. "I'm alright, Kat."

She straightened up and smoothed out her shirt, avoiding eye contact with their guest for now.

Kajta relieved Nikole of the lift controls and grabbed her arm to help. "Ya sure?"

Brown eyes fluttered open and slowly focused on her sister. She gave her a disarming smile that everything was alright, which, thankfully, her sister accepted for face value. "I am."

With a deep cleansing breath, she turned her head towards their guest and found that she was even more beautiful close up then what she glimpsed back at the cantina. Her dark hair accentuated the pools of blue that were attempting to hide how shook she was.

"Who's this?"

Katja looked at her curiously. "Uh ... the person that wanted to catch a ride with us. Like we just talked about."

Feeling foolish, she closed her eyes with personal annoyance. "Of course. My mistake."

Nikole let go of the crate, leaving Katja there with concern. "Ya sure you're okay?" she whispered.

With a nod, she took a few careful steps forward, her heart hammering loudly between her ears with anticipation. But of what exactly, the Morellian was uncertain.

"I'm Nikole Nystrom," she said, her introduction tight, in control, as she extended a hand.

Katja's mouth dropped. Her sister was never so nice to offer a handshake.

Aurelia Wayne
Aug 1st, 2018, 06:10:43 PM
On the edge of peripheral vision, she saw the blonde's jaw drop, but Auri was too busy taking in the brunette's features, her stance, and her outstretched hand to ponder why the sister was so surprised by this. For her part, Aurelia sucked her lips in momentarily, then presented a charming smile as she extended her hand toward Nikole.

Nikole, her brain clanged, Nikole Nystrom. She opened her mouth to introduce herself, closed it, and then started again. Their hands were an instant from touching, and her mind-to-voice connection seemed to have severed! She's Nikole Nystrom... Aurelia liked how her name resonated in her own head.

"Nikole Nystrom," she replied as if it was her own name.

Aurelia froze and blinked like a nerf caught in the high beams, realizing what she'd just done! All her confidence and sass that she'd displayed for Katja was gone.

"Er... I mean, hello at last, Nikole Nystrom," she babbled, trying to recover her Corellian cool. "I'm Aurelia Wayne."

Nikole Nystrom
Aug 1st, 2018, 06:47:45 PM
Katja's face scrunched together at the oddity of this entire meeting. Her sister was acting way too uptight, yet far more polite than what she was used to. Then there was the hot brunette standing there doe-eyed after trying to be suave like with Katja. She hid her face, unable to help snickering at Aurelia bumbling at introductions, while her sister was mesmerized by the woman's beauty and presence.

Until she snapped out of her reverie when the woman mimicked her introduction. This elegant being before her looked frazzled, which made Katja perked up in curiosity.

"Oh cool! I got another pain in the ass sister!" she bellowed.

Sighing with irritation, Nikole cast a searing look at her younger sister, eyes demanding silence before she regarded Aurelia Wayne.

Wayne... Wayne...

Nikole racked her brains for why that name rang a bell.

She slowly began to withdraw her hand, feeling foolish for offering it. "Well, it's uh... nice to have a name with the face, Aurelia Wayne. I apologize for my sister's rudeness."

Katja's eyed them back and forth, dumbfounded as to what the hell was going on here.

Aurelia Wayne
Aug 1st, 2018, 07:03:20 PM
Another sister? What?

It simply didn't click for Auri, even though - under normal circumstances - she would've found the quick wit amusing. Seeing Nikole's hand start to retreat, Aurelia awkwardly thrust hers toward her with more vigor.

"Er... likewise," she stammered.

Aurelia couldn't look away from the smuggler. She was even more beautiful up close than she'd been in the dim cantina. Her heart skipped a beat, and she felt her mouth go dry, just gazing at her.

"I... was... ah, hoping... to--"

Speak! What the hell is the matter with you?!

"--to ride you... with! Ride with you!" she exclaimed, mortified.

Nikole Nystrom
Aug 5th, 2018, 11:47:55 AM
Nikole's arm shook from Aurelia's firm insistence of shaking it. She noted how cool and soft it was and gently squeezed it back, waiting on every word that Aurelia was going to say.

Katja immediately burst out laughing at the faux pas, needing to use the crates to hold her up from falling.

Still holding Aurelia's hand, her head snapped back to glare at her sister "Enough, Katja," she hissed. "Go and bring the cargo to the ship."

With a giggle, she wiped her eyes full of laughter tears and shook her head. "Aw come on, Nik ..."

But she was immediately interrupted by her older sister. "Now, Katja."

Katja was not going to ruin this with her juvenile antics.

"Geesh," she scowled, unlocked the lift and started to push it. "I'm going."

Aurelia Wayne
Aug 6th, 2018, 01:10:57 PM
Flushed, Auri broke eye contact for a moment, trying to regain her composure. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, not that it helped at all.

"Sorry. That was... highly inappropriate," she wooshed out. "Especially considering how I just caused a... ah, scene with your sister."

Oh gods, this is ridiculous. Maybe I best find another way off this station!

Nikole Nystrom
Aug 6th, 2018, 06:53:29 PM
"Oh, it's alright," said Nikole, quick to respond.

"No it isn't!" came Katja's voice, but it was full of playfulness. "I mean, not every day big sis finds someone she likes!"

With a victorious smirk on her face, Katja opened the hatch and started loading the cargo, leaving her sister dumbfounded.

"Ah ..." blushing, she slowly let go of Aurelia's hand. "I supposed we're even. Sorta."

Aurelia Wayne
Aug 10th, 2018, 06:27:25 AM
Aurelia flushed too and slid both hands into the pockets of her black cargo pants.

"Well then." She coughed, and looked both amused and embarrassed. "If this has become too awkward, I can seek out another ship."

Nikole Nystrom
Jun 1st, 2019, 09:53:20 PM
"No!" she said a little to quickly and forcefully that even made Katja raise a brow.

Nikole cleared her throat and splayed her hands in front of her. " I mean, no. Please. I'm sure we can come to an arrangement. We're professionals and this is ... this will be like no other job."

Katja bit the inside of her cheek so she wouldn't say something to embarrass her sister further because that might make this Wayne chick run off for real.

Aurelia Wayne
Jun 2nd, 2019, 10:01:11 AM
At that, Auri chuckled.

"Well, I did try to convince Katja that I could be as innocuous and as quiet as any other cargo container," she offered. "However, she didn't seem to believe me on that..."

Aurelia shrugged helplessly, smiling.

"She also said you don't generally like cargo that can talk, even if it pays for itself, but perhaps you would be willing to negotiate a reasonable fare?"

I can't believe I'm strung so many words together coherently now! she marveled, given her earlier fumble.

Nikole Nystrom
Jun 2nd, 2019, 06:53:26 PM
Katja chuckled. "It's true. She supposedly quiet. Contrary to all the talking right now."

She finally disappeared into the ship as Nikole pursed her lips at the exchanged between her sister and Aurelia, trying to bounce back from her bumbling as well. "Well, the key word is generally. So I'm sure we can come to an agreement on payment. Where are you going?"

Aurelia Wayne
Jun 3rd, 2019, 07:40:00 PM
Auri smirked over her shoulder at Katja, then looked back to Nikole.

"Well, that's the amusing part of this: unlike your typical cargo, I do not have a specific destination," she said with a shrug. "I'm... journeying. Going where the space lanes take me. So, the simplest answer is that I'm going wherever you're bound."

She waited for the inevitable confusion and doubt that came with so many other spacers with this answer.

Nikole Nystrom
Jun 5th, 2019, 08:28:05 PM
And that confusion spread across her features instantly as the Morellian digested this new information. She raised her hand in confusion, fingers curling as if trying to literally grasp the concept that Aurelia was presenting.

"So you want to pay me for a ride along effectively giving me 100% profit. And I could go be going anywhere and you're fine with that. Even some volcanic hellhole like Mustafar?" she questioned firmly.

Aurelia Wayne
Jun 11th, 2019, 06:13:41 PM
"Challenging hiking there, I hear," Aurelia drawled with a grin.

She could tell that she'd baffled the gorgeous pilot with her intentions, but she wasn't surprised at all. She'd yet to meet anyone who did understand her journey.

Although, her sister might get it, she mused absently.

"Anyway. Right. I'm content to go wherever you're going, and I'll know I've reached my next stop when we get there. Or, when you tire of me and dump me off at some port."

Auri grinned again because that had happened once already.

Nikole Nystrom
Jun 15th, 2019, 07:25:59 PM
A tiny smile broke free at the retort, but Nikole could tell she was serious about this odd venture of hers to go anywhere.

She shook her head and held a hand up, palm facing her to stop those ramblings. "I'm not going to dump you somewhere if we come to an agreement. THat's not hwo we operate. A deals a deal."

Nikole tucked her arms together and regarded the beautiful woman, finding this all so strange that their paths crossed like this. "How much are you willing to pay? I know it depends on distance and length of trips but I want an idea here."

Aurelia Wayne
Jun 17th, 2019, 02:51:41 PM
To that query, Aurelia shook her head because - while some enjoyed the art of negotiating fares and costs - she hated it. It felt like a waste of time.

"Charge me whatever you're charging to haul the cargo to its destination--" she thumbed over her shoulder, indicating what Katja had already taken aboard, "--and add whatever you feel is appropriate for use of your resources. Since, obviously, the inert cargo doesn't use the 'fresher or eat."

Nikole Nystrom
Jun 22nd, 2019, 06:31:17 PM
Nikole waved dramatically between them, completely baffled that this was happening, and that she was agreeing to this.

Because it's her, she told herself.

If anyone else suggested this ludicrous deal, the Morellian would have politely declined and muttered that the individual had to be high on spice.

"200 creds a day to Jakku. If you still want passage on the ship, we'll renegotiate at that time." She quirked a brow, waiting.

The deal was a fair one to Aurelia and for the Nystroms. Katja would tease her during the trip that she gave the girl she fancied a discount.

Aurelia Wayne
Jun 24th, 2019, 06:06:18 PM
Aurelia tilted her head, a smile playing at her lips. She thought it was an absurdly cheap fare, and she wondered at what Nikole was up to, making it so affordable. Her smile widened.

"Deal. I don't think I've seen Jakku... yet. So, we'll see what there is to see there."

Of course, she knew it was a lot like Tatooine with a lot of sand, and not much else. But, Auri admitted she was having fun with Nikole and was curious to see how she'd react to her words.

Nikole Nystrom
Jul 1st, 2019, 07:13:38 PM
Her heart skipped a beat when she heard the word deal. Her sabacc face was impeccable this time and didn't give away her excitement. Instead she looked stunned that Aurelia had never heard of Jakku.

"It's like Tatooine. Except worse, if you can imagine. All desert, scavengers, racing too. It's a planet to go to where you want to be off the grid." She eyed Aurelia shrewdly. "Probably a good destination for you."

Perhaps this woman just wanted to disappear instead of just travel and Jakku was just the place to do it. Communications were shoddy there and everyone was passing through that visited as a way point or for drops.

Aurelia Wayne
Jul 4th, 2019, 12:27:13 PM
"Doesn't sound like much of a place for sunning myself... even if it is, basically, a giant beach," Auri mused, smile still hovering on her lips.

Of course, this journey had nothing to do with sunning herself anyway. She was still playfully word sparring with Nikole, seeing what elicited reactions and what did not, given the powerful reactions they seemed to have to each other. It made Aurelia... very curious.

"As I travel very light, I'm ready to go whenever your business here is through," she remarked.

Nikole Nystrom
Jul 7th, 2019, 06:41:13 PM
"Beaches have water. There's no resort there, Ms. Wayne. In fact -" Eyes narrowed as a the fog of memory was lifted and snapped her fingers. "Wayne Industries! You ... you're the you of the company."

Brown eyes blinked with confusion. "Who left ... Oh."

She blushed. "Well ... I won't pry."

The tabloids had months of material to work with when Aurelia Wayne disappeared from one of the biggest multi-trillion companies in the galaxy. Within that same galaxy, the woman had shifted Nikole's gravitational balance off kilter and the reasons haunted her.

She refocused her eyes, looking professional, but her heart still quickened. "We'll be leaving in the hour. You can stay on board or do whatever you like. Long as you're back before the ramp closes."

Aurelia Wayne
Jul 9th, 2019, 08:15:50 PM
The way Nikole stammered over her recognition of who she was - or who she had been, at least - left Aurelia unsure if she should respond to it or not. It had been over a year since she'd abruptly stepped down from her position as the CEO of WayneTech, forcing her father to reclaim the role while she vanished from public and professional life.

Tucking a loose lock of dark brown hair behind her ear, she decided to take Nikole's generous "Well... I won't pry" as an out to leave the past right where it was. For now, anyway.

"Alright. I'll go ahead and stow my bag aboard, if you don't mind, and decide next to white crate I want to sit myself for the ride."

She said it with complete seriousness, even though she was certain that Nikole and Katja were going to give her a berth for the journey to Jakku.

Nikole Nystrom
Jul 14th, 2019, 12:32:13 PM
Nikole plucked courage from somewhere inside her and began to approach Aurelia, nerves threatening to take over again being in such proximity. "I'm not sure what pilots you've worked with in the past, but you get a bunk on my ship."

She was quite proud that her voice steady and managed to keep her arm from shaking as she held out a hand. "I can take your bag if you like and show you where you'll be staying."

Aurelia Wayne
Jul 14th, 2019, 03:33:49 PM
Aurelia's expression turned playful again, but - to her surprise - Nikole took her seriously about parking herself next to a crate in the cargo hold! Dark blue eyes went wide and she clamped her lips tightly shut to hold back a laugh that threatened to bubble out as the beautiful brunette told her she'd get a bunk.

Wait. Did she say "my bunk on the ship"? Or "a bunk on my ship"?

She wasn't certain, so caught up in trying to repress her amusement at being taken seriously.

She must have said "a bunk on my ship." Right? Right?!

So lost in playing catch up, Aurelia completely missed that Nikole said she could take her bag, and instead, Auri offered her hand. And as palms met again, she swore the whole station lurched and she stumbled, squeezing Nikole's hand tightly. Auri gasped, reaching out to stabilize herself with her free hand on Nikole's shoulder.

Nikole Nystrom
Aug 4th, 2019, 12:37:21 PM
Nikole wasn't entirely sure what was going on with Aurelia but the other woman's eyes darted around with clear thought. Brief confusion flashed on her features, wondering if she had said something that was unclear. With the few seconds of review as she reached out her hand, Nikole concluded she was perfectly clear until their hands met - then her vision fell into a tailspin. Around and around she went like a fighter pilot out of control. She barely registered a hand tightly squeezing her shoulder as hers became a vice grip around Aurelia's.

She was dumbfounded at what was happening and grunted with effort in remaining upright.

Aurelia Wayne
Aug 6th, 2019, 06:49:32 PM
Auri gasped, clenching Nikole's hand and bicep as she struggled to remain upright. Her head was spinning and heart raced with speed and emotion. With an effort, she pulled away and staggered, knees dropping to the spaceport's hard deck. She didn't notice the sting to her joints.

Dropping her palms to the deck too, Aurelia struggled to get her breath and control her pounding heartbeat. The sensation was still there, but not as violently, making the rattled Corellian wonder what was happening to the power system or the atmosphere on this orbital station! Something had to be awry mechanically, making her feel this way. Aurelia still didn't fully grasp that it was the intriguing, beautiful pilot.

"What..." she rasped, "...the frak?"

Nikole Nystrom
Aug 25th, 2019, 10:00:07 AM
Nikole was unable to keep a tight grip on the Corellian, stumbling backwards but managed to lean against the nearby lift. It wasn't graceful at all and she was sure some ribs were bruised.

Heart pounding and breath ragged, Nikole was trying in vain to figure out why this was happening, and why this deep sense of emptiness was tugging at her insides. She never felt such loss. "I ... I don't know ..."

Her words came out in a hiss while rubbing her side.

Katja Nystrom
Aug 25th, 2019, 10:01:43 AM
Katja was standing on the boarding ramp looking at the messed up sight. She blew out an unimpressed whistle because from her perspective, it appeared that her sister and the pretty Corellian got into a fist fight. "Okay, if I knew you two weren't gonna play nice, I never would've left."

She quirked a brow in question. "What the fuck happened?

Aurelia Wayne
Aug 26th, 2019, 02:54:53 PM
Aurelia ripped her dazed and confused gaze away from Nikole, to eye her sister.

"We... weren't." She paused, frowning. "Weren't fighting, that is."

The Corellian took a deep breath and released it slowly, willing her senses to come back under her control. She swallowed hard then and focused Katja.

"Did you feel it?" she asked.

This was the space station, right? Not just... us?!

Katja Nystrom
Oct 19th, 2019, 09:49:25 PM
With an exasperated sigh, Katja rolled her eyes. "I didn't feel a damn thing except annoyed when I thought you two were fighting."

Green eyes passed between Aurelia and Nikole. "So ... any takers on telling me what the fuck's going on?"

Nikole Nystrom
Oct 19th, 2019, 09:57:31 PM
Nikole gingerly rose to her full height, rubbing at her side with a grimace. She was seriously reconsidering the deal made with Aurelia, but then that pit of longing overrode that want. It was like her heart was making the decisions now and it was terribly confusing.

"Just ... grab your things and get onboard," she ordered while making her way to the boarding ramp. All nervous tendencies were obliterated by what happened and the Morellian was focused on getting out of here before another incident happened.

Aurelia Wayne
Oct 22nd, 2019, 07:40:35 AM
Auri frowned at Nikole's retreating form, feeling confused by all of this.

If this is limited to the two of us, then it must be the Force, she reasoned. Her frown deepened. 'This' was not what I was looking for, undertaking this journey...

But, she understood enough of the Force's will to realize that trying to hastily back out of this brokered deal in order to secure a different flight would be folly. She had been drawn to Nikole Nystrom for a reason, and Aurelia knew she needed to see this through to determine what that purpose was.

To get me where I'm going. She's a pilot, she thought. Gorgeous or not, I'm traveling for a reason...

Aurelia ignored the curious thought that wormed its way into her mind.

What if she is the reason?

Katja Nystrom
Oct 27th, 2019, 07:00:18 PM
Katja threw up her hands and rolled her eyes after Nikole and Aurelia stormed passed her. "Oh sure, Kat! Here's what happened!"

She mimicked Nikole's voice and then dropped to hers. "Gee thanks, sis! I'm so in the know now!"

She continued muttering to herself up the ramp and started locking the ship down.

Nikole Nystrom
Oct 27th, 2019, 07:11:53 PM
Nikole already surmised she would avoid the beautiful Corellian during the trip. She was a woman of her word and had made an honest deal with Aurelia to bring her along, but if they kept having this ... whatever they were, she honestly couldn't comprehend what was going on between them ... she didn't want that force to upset the ship during flight. That was a worrisome thought, especially in hyperspace. If was just focused on the two of them and did nothing untoward the area around them, fine, but Nikole didn't want to take any chances.

She marched to the cockpit, sat down, and began preflight checks, satisfied that Katja already began locking the ship down.

Aurelia Wayne
Oct 30th, 2019, 02:08:28 PM
Nikole went to the cockpit. Aurelia had the distinct feeling that she was unwelcome there, and so made her way to the common area instead.

Maybe I should just go to the cargo hold like I'd joked, she mused. Might be safer...

The Corellian sighed and dropped her bag on a seat. She stretched out her arms and shoulders, cricking her head and neck from side to side. Then, Auri took a moment to really take in the accoutrements of the ship's interior. She couldn't help it; ships were in her blood!

It struck her that this was very much a "working home" for the Nystrom sisters, as compared with her family's own similar-sized vessel; Blood Sabre had been for family travel specifically when she and Keir were young. Aurelia allowed herself a wistful sigh then repacked the past and put it to the back of her mind.

No doubt, Katja would appear any moment and boss her into a seat, a cabin, or the cargo hold... but until that happened, Auri decided to gingerly poke around and explore the freighter.

Katja Nystrom
Nov 27th, 2019, 10:07:07 PM
"A'right..." Katja stormed into the common area and eyed the new passenger. "What really happened out there?"

She hovered over the table, staring down Aurelia with hands flat against the smooth surface. "My sister doesn't lose her cool like that. So ..." She narrowed her gaze. "What didja do?"

Aurelia Wayne
Nov 29th, 2019, 05:51:45 PM
And, here she is, Auri thought.

Very matter-of-factly, looking the blonde straight in the eye, the Corellian said, "We shook hands. That was all."

Why they'd experience such vertigo over something so simple was baffling. Why Katja seemed to think they'd been fighting, much less why Nikole was so visibly upset about this was beyond Aurelia completely.

Katja Nystrom
Jan 1st, 2020, 10:11:01 PM
A disbelieving brow shot up before she laughed despairingly. "Bullshit."

Katja took a step forward and despite her unwelcoming stance, she was not threatening at all. The young Morellian was just not buying this explanation at all.

"Seriously. What happened? Cuz I need to know if we can all coexist for the trip without y'all being thrown about."

Aurelia Wayne
Jan 4th, 2020, 06:02:38 PM
"That's all that happened," Aurelia insisted.

Then, she shrugged.

"Well, she was also a bit startled at realizing I'm the Aurelia Wayne who is Maize Wayne of WayneTech's daughter. But, that news had no bearing on us feeling like the space station was losing its gravity." Aurelia shook her head. "It was when we touched that things got wonky, and what you walked in on."

That probably's an odd word choice, "walked in on," she thought absently. But, since she thought we were fighting, it's close enough...

Katja Nystrom
Jan 6th, 2020, 10:54:30 PM
Her nose crinkled with confusion because a high affluent woman that had means was hitchhiking her way through the galaxy was just bizarre. But as with all things, beings had their reasons for being ... weird.

Less weird than a hand shake causing muscle memory lapses in how to stand.

"So ... y'all touched ... then you fell down?" She blinked, irritated at not understanding what was happening. "Either you're all drunk, or you're coming down with something. Once we're in flight, I'm going to scan you to make sure you ain't gonna get me sick."

Aurelia Wayne
Jan 7th, 2020, 06:14:36 PM
"Well... stumbled... is more accurate," Aurelia murmured with a shrug.

It didn't really matter, but it still felt important to clarify that. She sighed and folded her arms over her chest, knowing she wasn't drunk.

But what if something was off in our drinks, before? Something bad in the cantina that affected us both? Or... maybe even others?

"Fine," Auri said. "Maybe there was bad liquor or something in the air recyclers. Check me out."