PDA

View Full Version : To The Victor...

Talia Cimmerian
Dec 21st, 2016, 11:46:59 PM
“I’ll give you double or nothing.” The Gran she had been wagering against was down presently, and double or nothing was a generous offer when considering the fifty-fifty chance he had. That was the thought process of a gambling addict, which Talia knew and exploited in that instant. He didn’t bite so easily, since luck hadn’t been on his side presently. “No thanks, girl. I already wagered away my weeks wages.” He rose to depart her company, and her hands came up to stall him. “Wait wait. Alright. Not double, how about we tack a favor onto what I’ve won, or if you win, we’re square.”

That would be too tempting of an offer to pass up, and in truth had been her end goal. Teelee-Sen was a maintenance worker where Molly’s ship was kept, and Talia was well aware of the woman’s interest in regaining her lost property. Teelee was decidedly distrusting of her too good to be true offer. “What sort of favor?” He didn’t have much that he could offer really. Talia shrugged, keeping her hands in her pockets and forcing the jacket to raise up with them slightly. “Maybe I just need someone that’s been harassing me beat up. That still remains to be seen.”

“Just roll the cube.” He gruffly tacked on, turning his triple gaze away in resignation. “Alright!” Talia exclaimed, rolling the chance cube around in her hands. He closed them together around it, blowing into a small opening created near her thumbs, before sweeping her hand out to the side and casting the cube forward against the wall. Teelee’s attention focused from it’s turned away state, avidly watching to see whether he would climb his way out of the monetary hole or not.

Talia clutched her right hand in her left, watching the cube bounce and spin unpredictably. A momentary glance swept to Teelee, and a held breath passed through her lips. Talia was well aware of her lineage, even if she hadn’t seen her mother in twelve years, and with that she was well aware of her capabilities. She was untrained, or rather self taught, which was the only thing that kept her from being truly masterful with the Force. Still, she could perform the subtle manipulations, like skewing the results of a chance cube.

Her index and middle finger casually gestured as the cube began to slow and with a slight twitch right before it could stop, the cube turned over onto blue, the color favoring her in that instance. “Alright!” She thrust a fist into the air and jumped, then awkward smiled as she composed herself. “Sorry. Better luck next time.” She gathered the credits in the pile that were her winnings, scooped them into her jacket pocket, and took off in a light jog. “We’ll be in touch!” She called back, wandering her way back through the city, a smile plastered firmly on her face.

Jimmy Boombox
Jan 5th, 2017, 12:48:12 AM
"Hey girl. Hey. Hey. I know you can hear me. Yous got ears dontcha? I know you ain't ignoring Jimmy Boombox!"

The male voice called out from behind the woman. The owner of which was a lanky man dressed in a white tank top and blue coveralls that were pulled half off and tied around his waist. From his neck hung a dizzying amount of gold jewelry. One of his ears was pierced, and one of his pant legs was rolled up, drawing one's eye to his shoes that were ridiculously big, white, and impeccably clean. He was walking in a fashion that could only be describe as a swagger and involved one hand holding the front of his pants like he was afraid his intestines might spill out his groin, while the other was pointing at the woman's back; two fingers pulled back, two pointing forward, like his hand was a blaster.

"Hey! I got somethin' important to talk to yous about."

Talia Cimmerian
Feb 5th, 2017, 08:01:08 PM
She heard the pestering calls behind her, and while she was no stranger to cat calls and harassment, she had never heard something so ridiculous. If he was trying to hit on her, insulting her hearing was surely a bad way to start. Against her better judgment, she turned and began walking backwards, keeping her hands buried into her jacket pockets. "You couldn't possibly have anything important to talk to me about." She insisted, getting her first look at the ridiculous style in which he garbed and carried himself.

"Your mom let's you go out like that? And talk to girls like that?" She spun back around, turning her back on Jimmy. As she did so, she felt around through her pocket inside her jacket to the small holdout blaster Molly had given her, feeling it's reassuring presence just against her ribs. By the Force, someone save me.

Jimmy Boombox
Feb 6th, 2017, 03:18:14 AM
"Yo, hey, yo, it's nothin' like that. Damn, why everyone always gotta bring my momma up like that?"

He deflated for a moment, stopping in his tracks, his face pinched in frustration. He put both hands on his hips and watched as the woman took a few more steps before he spoke again.

"If you wanna be that way, I'll just let Chax know you was being all uncooperative and stuff instead of listenin' to the nugget of wisdom I was gonna drop on your dome. In case you didn't not notice, I'm with the Blue Dragons." He pointed a finger at the so called dragon drawn on his shoulder in marker. It suffered from it's writing implement and from it being drawn on by himself, which was harder than it looked. Even with two mirrors. Chax was the leader of the Blue Dragons; which was becoming one of the more prominent gangs down here in the lower levels of Cloud City.

Chax had connections. They said he had friends in Black Sun. Chax was quietly seizing turf all over the sublevels by absorbing smaller gangs. That's how he ended up with Jimmy Boombox.

"It's a real shame, Casper. She's gotta an ass like fire, but that won't matter none when Chax hears 'bout this."