PDA

View Full Version : Garrett

Garrett
Dec 18th, 2016, 04:35:24 PM
Garrett
Age unknown :: Homeworld unknown; unaffiliated :: Sith
Last sighted on Coruscant

Character Background

Garrett was the leader of a group of Sith who worshipped him as a God, the cult having been destroyed several hundred years before the rise of Darth Revan.
When the cult was eradicated, Garrett's body was sealed away in a tomb while the Jedi Master Paan Lung sacrificed himself, locking both his and Garrett's spirits away inside a specially-crafted Jedi Holocron where they would battle each other for eternity.
Recently, the seal to Garrett's tomb was broken by an unwitting explorer. The excavation team disappeared and the tomb is dark and empty, but all who enter claim they can hear whispering in the shadows.
Before his demise, Garrett infused both his lightsaber and his ring with the majority of his power, preventing his body and spirit from ever truly being destroyed. Unable to unmake these artifacts, the Jedi hid them.

Raw Material

Garrett's immediate goals are to reclaim his ring and his lightsaber, as well as locate the Holocron where his spirit still battles Paan Lung. Until his spirit is reunited with his body, not only is his power limited but so too is his capacity for rational thought, resulting in the lunatic currently roaming the galaxy. All three artifacts are hidden, most likely somewhere that has or once had strong ties to the Jedi Order. Or perhaps they are not hidden, but their true nature remains shrouded in mystery. If someone where to find them, they may very well receive a visit from Garrett one day soon.
Paan Lung's body was also preserved using the technology of the time. It's current whereabouts are unknown.
It would be very easy to fall into the trap of God-moding given my setup for Garrett. But I purely just want to have fun getting back into writing again and use Garrett as a catalyst for epic stories. He will ultimately lose/be defeated or even be imprisoned once again, like how the Joker keeps getting thwarted but always manages to come back.
Garrett will totally try to manipulate and use anybody he can to achieve his goals. If that means doing work or favours he otherwise would not do, then so be it. A means to an end.

Plot Ideas

Garrett is literally out of time. He is totally unfamiliar with the modern Star Wars galaxy. One place he will likely visit is Coruscant, specifically the archives to absorb as much knowledge as possible. This is a mirror of myself as it's been so long since I roleplayed, I'm out of touch with the forums themselves.
Garrett will scour the galaxy to find the artifacts that have his true power locked away. This will take him to crypts, museums, temples, anywhere that may house relics of the past or residual Force energy - all are potential leads to the location of his artifacts - you could call them Horcruxes but honestly I had this idea long before I knew about them in Harry Potter so *sticks tongue out*!
Perhaps there are Jedi characters who are descendants of Paan Lung who are vaguely aware of tales or ghost stories about an ancient Sith Lord who was locked away buy may one day return. They could read about strange events or sightings of a being that fits the bill and decide to investigate.
There could be characters descended from the other members of the cult who would have similar information. Whether characters are of the Light or the Dark Side, Garrett's power could subconsciously call out to them. They know there's something, just not sure what - until they meet.

Existing Relationships

Due to the characters origins, there are unlikely to be any characters who have first-hand knowledge of Garrett. He is a lone wolf right now. That will undoubtedly change.

Current Plots

First thread pending...

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 31st, 2016, 02:55:38 PM
Post, old man!