PDA

View Full Version : Entering the Arena [Victoria]

Sianna
Dec 11th, 2016, 08:38:34 AM
The flight from Tython had given Sianna the chance to get to know her new apprentice a bit better and even though Victoria didn't seem to be the type to open up much, Sianna had become a good reader of people. Tapping in on surface thoughts also helped, but most of the chances they had, the Sith Master learned more than enough to get the girl in tune with her own future. Landing in the private hangar in the lower parts of Cloud City, the black cloaked Echani led her new charge from the dusty and dirty hangar complex toward the apartment building that she had commandeered from a gang that once lived here. Now owning the top floor, engineering droids had been busy remodeling all the apartments into one large one and she was eager to see how it had turned out.

"The first task I had when I came here was to get the attention of a small syndicate here called the Tenloss. I took out a gang that had used this building as their own headquarters and now employ their master chemist to keep the drugs flowing as a credit maker," she informed as the turbolift rose to the top floor. "He's a mouse that can't fight for himself, so I've posted two security droids with him as well as influenced several of the surviving members to stay in his apartment when they're not out in the avenues." Soon, the ding from an unseen speaker denoted their arrival and the doors slid to either side, allowing them to step out. The once long hallway now only twenty feet wide, she crossed it to the main blast door now standing in their way. Keying in the code, she placed her palm on the larger flat surface, then waited. "I'll have them put your identity in the computer as well, so you won't have to wait for me to let you in."

Opening, the heavy, metal door slid aside and she stepped into the main foyer. Vaulted ceiling rose high above the marble floor and artistically decorated entryway as she continued into the main lobby. Decorative lights illuminated the large, square room with doorways on either side, the walls divided in half by a white chair rail, separating a lower panel of scenes carved out of a deep grey stone from the upper polished mahogany colored wood. Grinning with satisfaction, she continued right and toward the study. "These droids did a nice job. Welcome home."

Victoria Von Doom
Dec 11th, 2016, 03:25:37 PM
The ability to meditate was well received even though it had been a quick spell. Victoria's mind was greasing the wheel of inner-thought during their trip. Even though her new instructor had been well received that didn't mean Vic was enjoying the company, she knew she needed further education to fulfill her destiny, but the white haired woman was prone to speaking too much.

Bottling her inner conflict with a casual grin Victoria noticed the vessel land and watched as the others disembarked and followed suit after her new master, her mind sifting through the scenery and made sure to pay close attention to everyone here, making a mental receipt of all she saw.

While listening to the other woman Victoria flashed a smirk at the drug dealer while passing by and continued on her way she would need a patsy toward the stairs, ascending they found their way to the door, looking directly at it she smirked as she turned her head away and heard the chime, walked in and looked around for a moment "lovely" she teased in a mocking tone.

Sianna
Dec 14th, 2016, 04:48:33 PM
Totally no respect, but she would eventually respect the Force and all that the Echani had learned over the past few years, Sianna mused. Passing through the large room, she motioned toward the right, "That's your room for now". Without any further explanation, the priestess continued on through the next room which would be their meditation chamber. Etched on the floor, glyphs and Rakatan symbology adorned the collection of circles sported in the floor's center. Having no windows, the walls, ceiling and doors were completely black. She had plans for this room as well.

Soon, she entered her own bedroom, moving right and exiting the meditation chamber. Furnished, it was one of the only rooms that were so far. Placing her backpack on the long, tan couch that fronted the foot of the bed, she quickly assessed the layout, evaluating placement and other small details that she had ordered.

Victoria was going to have to work out furnishing her own room as it presently stood empty, and on purpose. Sianna knew the girl would have to make her own way when it came to making a name for herself here on Cloud City. That lesson would begin soon.

Victoria Von Doom
Dec 15th, 2016, 11:23:47 AM
Looking around whle being shown the scenery the girl nodded in disapproval. The apartment reminded her of images she had seen of the polluted planet Raxus Prime, this was... similar. Following the other into the meditation room her hand twitched as she activated her draining ability and smirked at the other female coldly enjoying her time so far.

"This place will do.. For now" she mused as she flashed a cold grin and slowly drained the heat from the room. Creepily the room grew chilly which gave victoria a delightful feeling for her new atmosphere. Walking back to her room she held her hand out in a claw form and drained the excess energy that had been slighly heating it and walked back out.

Sianna
Dec 16th, 2016, 05:21:19 AM
Once satisfied, Sianna left the master bedroom and noted Victoria's continued disdain and pride, though most dark siders had that outlook which eventually got them killed, sooner or later. Learning to be subtle was an art form and one that Sianna had done her best to emulate and it had not only helped her attain the level of Master, but also kept her alive this long. Victoria was looking to be head of the class and by tradition, eliminate Sianna to become top of the heap, but that fight was a long time in coming since the newly arrived female had yet to even begin her training.

Entering the living room, the Echani continued her tour through the dining room and kitchen, stopping at the refrigeration unit to grab a bottle of water. Turning as she opened it, she assessed the brunette for a long moment. "In the morning we're going to get you in better shape. There's a gym and dojo through there," she pointed to a door to the left of the dining room. "If you want to one day attain the level of master, it begins with honing your body into a weapon, then your mind. Everything needs to work as one to use the Force as a powerful tool and learn to not only control yourself, but those around you. Bend them to your will."

Kera Blacc
Dec 19th, 2016, 03:15:01 PM
oops

Victoria Von Doom
Dec 19th, 2016, 03:15:58 PM
Crossing her arms while adjusting her body language Victoria stood there accessing the other woman's words. Shrugging off the would-be insult she held out her hand as she demonstrated her ability to conjure I did inform you I have some training so far, didn't I? she asked as she began to conjure a small purple orb in her hand with swirling red particles and watched it glow for a few moments before closing her hand around it.

Looking forward to furthering myself in the dark side, Sensai she remarked in a more respectable tone before adjusting her posture for a more disciplined and formal stance.

Sianna
Jan 17th, 2017, 08:14:04 AM
Grinning wryly, Sianna noted the small orb of energy. "If you already have such a deep touch to the Force, what do you need me for?" Her query wasn't rhetorical, but more out of curiosity than anything. Everything that the Master had proposed had been countered with a display and even though she knew Victoria didn't have as much power as she seemed to think, she had definitely been trained by someone.

Kera Blacc
Jan 20th, 2017, 11:25:38 AM
oops

Victoria Von Doom
Jan 20th, 2017, 11:26:24 AM
I'm a beginner she replied as she closed her hand on the orb I can conjur it but cannot weaponise it.. yet she replied as she looked toward her master when does the fun begin? she asked as she stood there.

Sianna
Jan 20th, 2017, 01:55:38 PM
Brow furrowed lightly, "No beginner can drain heat from a room, create an orb of energy or use the Force the way you do," Sianna countered. "Where'd you get your training?" Listening to the reply, the Echani noted all the subtle tells from body language, marks of deceit or evasion in her fellow dark sider. Things only her race had mastered.

"Formal training begins in the morning, as I mentioned. If I were you, I'd take this time to explore the rest of this apartment building and get some furniture. There's plenty of other tenants in the lower floors." Grinning, she sipped her water. "You're going to need a bed, unless you're happy on the floor."

Victoria Von Doom
Jan 20th, 2017, 02:31:03 PM
Laughing inwardly as she listened to the comments being made she just stood there until the lecture was done I already told you. I learn quickly she mused as she collected herself How about I steal yours then? she joked and left to find a dorm.

Stalking her way down the stairwell Victoria began collecting the darkside within her core and smirked as she noticed the first of the droids when she rounded the first corner, conjuring a small orb she flung it at the dust bucket and pulled the practice saber she had snuck from the ship earlier. This one with a bright red blade.

Switching it on she began making her rounds as she made fluidic steps deeper in the maze of junk. Eyeballing another droid she altered her path after noticing his gaze was away from her and quickly came up behind the droid, stabbing the saber through its chest, removing and slicing its head off she continued moving, this time gaining pace as the darkside began replenishing her body.

Having to quickly dodge a slug from another, this one aware of the intruder she backed away and sought another path to destroying this one. Walking down another flight of stairs to the basement she looked back momentarily and grinned as she noticed it was following... slowly.

Taking a moment to gather herself and figure out where she was she then stuck her hand out and began draining the machine keeping the building running and waited for the tinker tot to come near, moments later the predator met her prey and shot an orb at the droid sending it flying against a wall. Happily she deactivated her weapon and began making her way back to Sianna only to arrive minutes later.

Sianna
Feb 14th, 2017, 08:03:43 AM
This supposed ancient was proud, there was no doubt. Once Victoria had left the apartment, Sianna finished her water and then headed to take a shower. Enjoying the warm water, she kept her mind open to the Force, knowing that this woman had professed that she learned quickly, but Sianna hadn't displayed any of those abilities, but she was tired of arguing. Once done, she dried off and dressed, then headed from the master bedroom and into the study. Perusing the titles that she had collected over the years, the translated journal of Sorzus Syn had always been a favorite, which she mentally took from the shelves and walked to the long, leather couch and sat down. Reading through those immortal words penned many millennia ago, she could almost recite them on her own by this point. Facts from a life in the early days of the Jedi, during the Hundred Year Darkness and then the trial and eventual excommunication, all leading to the greatest discovery that anyone had made up to that point.

A people dedicated to perfection of the mind, spirit and body that only needed guidance to the latter. The origins of the Sith as a religion as well as a culture.

Soon, she heard the main entrance open again and noticed the aura of her student enter. Empty handed. "So," she called out from the study and into the living room. "The floor it is, I see."

Victoria Von Doom
Feb 27th, 2017, 02:19:21 PM
Smirking as she confidently strutted into the apartment Victoria held a smirk on her face, brilliance and arrogance on full display. She leaned against the door as she studied the other woman before returning a reply "I slept on the floor my entire life. No need to be pampered now" she hid her jest under her confidence and soothing voice.

"Why must most of this Order continuously reflect on a time that no longer has (any) merit?" she asked suddenly as she noted the book before her new teacher.

Sianna
Mar 1st, 2017, 10:17:38 AM
Sianna's silver orbs fixed on her student, though one that seemed to have little interest in learning anything. The book in her hand now being attacked, the priestess loved these discussions and having someone that supposedly lived during a bygone age, perhaps gain some insights. At least a version of those events.

"Understanding how things developed and evolved from where they began helps me progress beyond those foundations. Learning how to control the Force leads to various other skills. Surely you understand that much," the Sith Master queried. "Reading these ancient tomes also helps me gain insights into things that may have been forgotten. There are still abilities and knowledge lost to time that I've sought out. Jedi love burying our past when they can."

Victoria Von Doom
Mar 3rd, 2017, 12:42:49 PM
The timeless archives of sith knowledgewas indeed a splendid affair when reading through. Her last assignment had taught her much including only divulging what was needed and nothing more. A sith needed cunning to continue thriving in an atmosphere, it was a game of thrones where survival was the keyof the ages.

With her mind circulating the current echoes of the force. Focusing on the events that have been unfolding before her, the paths opening yet closing at the same time while recognizing that sometimes stubbornness is not the route to growth. Correcting herself Victoria fixed her attitude and forgone her atmospheric prejudice..

“Why not let them” Victoria finally responded with a confident attitude. Her meaning was not to offend, but to understand what the true purpose of the ageless war behind all the hostilities “I'm sure the dogs can be given a little flavoring” she remarked as she shifted into a playful tone.

Sianna
Mar 4th, 2017, 07:12:43 AM
Their mindsets very different, the priestess didn't understand why she would wish to let those precious tomes and knowledge be lost to time and not try and find them, but that was a focus of hers for many years now. A childhood dream. Closing the book in her lap, she kept it in both hands as she crossed left knee over right, settling in for a long discussion. "So, you're saying that we should let all those things that our forebears created and discovered be lost to time? Not sure I like that idea. Makes things a lot easier if I can take up where they left off and build on it from other things that I've discovered from another master."

Silver orbs drifted from Victoria and toward the polished, dark wooden table before her. "Would you want everything you've done and learned be lost to time when you fade into the Force?" Sianna eyed her student again, "Or is that the point? Then why take on students at all? I could let you languish out there in the galaxy on your own and keep what I've discovered to myself. The Sith would die that way. Imperial Knights and Jedi would divide and conquer like they want to. I have every intention on making them pay for thinking they've cornered the market on the Force and it's truths. Show them firsthand that we're stronger and more powerful than they ever thought possible. Can't necessarily do that alone."

She grinned at the thought, "Not yet anyway."

Victoria Von Doom
Mar 4th, 2017, 10:13:07 AM
Grinning mischievously Victoria knew what she was thinking, it was more of a game to her. Why not let the mouse toy with their traps her mind buzzed at the thought of manipulating the events from here. Suddenly she came from her inner thoughts and adjusted herself as she looked over to the dark table "Its not like we need them anyway" she remarked in a cool tone, cold yet confident.

Craning her head back at the Mentor she picked up where she had left off "A wise sith lord had once reminded us of an elegant display of power when he asked for 3 pints of blood" Her tone shifted into a more darker one "Unlike Naga Sadow I wont require pints of blood to foresee the future" she confidently stated as she pushed herself off the wall and clasped her hands behind her for a more formal appearance.

"Our pest problem will sort itself out should we choose to embark on a game" Her tone becoming more sadistic as she spoke while not revealing her intentions "You want the jedi in your grasp? Throw them a nibble" Victoria wasn't about to allow an ageless enemy just get away with their things, And she knew that to bait a rat you'll need a block of cheese.

Sianna
Mar 5th, 2017, 06:58:48 AM
"Farseeing is something that no one needs blood to use," Sianna replied knowing that ability already. "Sith Sorcery or Alchemy, however," she grinned. The priestess then listened to Victoria and knew that she had a worthy ally here all of a sudden, though also someone that probably wouldn't hesitate to stab her in the back given the chance, once learning everything that had been passed on. An older tradition of the Sith which only came about with Darth Bane's Rule of Two. Even Palpatine wasn't that shortsighted.

A dark grin arced upon her black lips at the thought. "Once my students are ready, I'll be throwing them more than just a nibble."

Victoria Von Doom
Mar 7th, 2017, 12:47:02 AM
Adopting a more serious expression the girl eyed the other woman. It never donned on her she would be mistaken for a seer "I cannot predict the future in that sense" she replied in a more distant tone as if she was caught in between her thoughts. The remark itself bringing her back to when she first arrived at the sith order and meeting her first master. An older cathar with a similar history as apparently the one before her.

Yet there was very different worlds between them. Where sienna focuses on archaeology the cathar focused on psychology. An art form not widely employed by the order apparently "I focus on science, not superstition" she admitted and exited her thoughts while glancing over the form of the other female.
"I'm eager to begin" she remarked as she stood there.

Sianna
Mar 7th, 2017, 10:20:19 AM
Head canted slightly to the left, Sianna mused on the comment made and she wasn't totally sure that Victoria fully understood the world she was a part of. "The Force can't be explained by science, it has to be felt, which makes it far beyond superstition. The things that you can do with the Force are real, not imagined. The science part of Sith Alchemy only allows us to use the Force to combine it with physical items like weapons, armor, jewelry, and such." Her snowy brow furrowed lightly, "How'd they do it back then? Most of these techniques developed with Sorzus Syn and her students, which was why they were expelled from the Jedi in the first place."