PDA

View Full Version : Beyond: Where do I begin?

Artemis
Dec 6th, 2016, 04:22:46 AM
Prisons... I never liked them. While I sit alone in the middle of this clear, empty cell, bright light keeping me awake, I try to keep calm. My exterior is cold, emotionless...but deep inside, I want to scream, cry, thrash out...anything that could quell the ever-so-slow panic that is rising in me. I uncurl my legs and rise to my feet, pacing back and forth in my cell for five minutes before collapsing on the hard bed. Considering all I've done to the Alliance, this cell is better than I deserve...

But up until recently. I had no choice. No control over my actions. I did as I was told. I could not say 'no'. Disobedience was punished with pain. Torture...or sometimes something far worse. I struggle to remember how it all came to this. I remember a name...Esme...Odyne? Yes...that was who I was. Sweet innocence of a child ripped to shreds by the Imperial bastards who used her to kill, not to protect. Turned her...into me.

Come on Artemis...try to remember. Remember that little girl...Esme. What was she like? Who was she before she became...me?

A Palace...Theed, Naboo. Little girl laughing with glee as her mother plays chase...I think...I think I remember. Hold onto it Artemis...Don't forget Esme...not now...not ever again.