PDA

View Full Version : The Road To Nowhere

Jeremy Varin
Nov 22nd, 2016, 02:02:50 AM
It was always a little bit creepy, the world that Captain s'Ilancy called 'home'. Flying over the wild landscape, with crumbling, dotted remains of architecture peaking through the foliage here and there. Forgotten towns and homes, forgotten manors and other larger buildings. He'd seen what he suspected was a cathedral on his last few flyovers, and wondered exactly what it was the Captain's people had worshiped. Jeremy himself was more the type to suspect there was a Maker, though he'd never put much hard thought to the matter. His time was more often than not spent either by himself, or with a few of the few friends he'd managed to make aboard the Khera'Va'ss'io. Which was to say, two at the most. Dage he liked well enough, and Khera's Farghul pilot, Raghus, was enjoyable when he was chittering to himself over tactical layouts and experimental maneuvers mroe suited to a fighter rather than the larger hulk of a capital ship he currently flew. It was concerning at times, but the Captain never discouraged the sinewy felinoid, and so Jeremy felt no need to step in. The old bird was capable enough, and if something ever went out of sorts, KHER was always quick to step in with a sharp rebuke.

Now though, as the nu-Class shuttle descended through the atmosphere of Schwartzweld, Jeremy banked gently, on a course that soon enough brought the estates and manor house of the Captain's Clan, or Tribe, or House, or whatever it was she called it, into sight. One hand held the control yoke easily in a loose grip, as the other sent quick fingers over a series of dash controls. The familiar landing pad adjacent to one of the upper spires grew larger, and he veered upward, the shuttle's wings beginning the smooth fold upwards as three identical landing struts descended from the bottom of the hull.

And, as always, he landed as smoothly as a feather hitting the ground. Hydraulics compressed as the shuttle's weight settled fully on the reinforced landing platform, jets of steam venting out and down. The post-flight sequence during these fetch trips was always a short one, and within five minutes his seat was halfway down the track that would deposit him on the lowering boarding ramp.

He stood, letting his body unfold slowly to stretch out long limbs, and rolling his shoulders, Jeremy descended down onto the landing platform.

It was early morning, the sun barely peaking out over the mountains. There was a chill in the air, and the Alliance pilot was thankful for his duty jacket; not that it would protect him from the elements really, but it was better than nothing.

He stood just in front of the shuttle, not exactly wanting to go much farther. Usually the Captain was waiting for him, and so her absence now was rather... obvious. He would've felt awkward barging into her private home as such, and so he simply stood waiting.

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 22nd, 2016, 04:10:51 AM
Trinity had never known any bed outside the few homes her small circle of friends occupied back home. She had spent the night in other places, to be sure. But till her shuttle brought her here, no other bed besides those had held her head. So it didn't surprise her, then, that despite her shift and hunt the evening before, or the long talk she and the Captain had had before bed, she was still restless in her sleep and woke to startle at every sound.

And to that end, it would be no surprise that the landing of the shuttle on some high place above her head, but near enough to catch her attention, woke her from a dream where she was being hunted and there was no where to go. Every turn brought her to a cliff or a wall. And despite the voice of the Captain assuring her that she didn't have to run, she continued on anyway.

As she sat up and rubbed her eyes as the engines wound down, she realized that dawn was coming and they were to be away. She had managed to pack at one point when sleeping was something she wanted to avoid after a particularly nasty dream moment. And now, she merely cleaned herself up and got dressed. Herclothing was as simple as it had been before. Her denims tucked into calf high, low heel boots. The deep blue jewel tone of her shirt setting off the ebony of her hair, now plaited simply down her back to brush her shoulders as she walked. She snatched up the denim jacket and bag and headed for the sitting room. She couldn't remember if they would eat here or on the ship, but either way, she had the feeling the Captain was probably already crisply uniformed, pressed and ready to go.

Absently Trinity wondered if the woman relaxed at all. Between being an Apex, as well as Captain of such an important ship, she wondered if she shouldn't have invited her hostess out for the run she enjoyed last night.

Her eyes glanced around as she entered the room to see if the tightly reserved woman was already there

Jeremy Varin
Nov 23rd, 2016, 02:03:31 AM
Five minutes was long enough to make him question his initial reservations. It wasn't like he'd never been inside, after all. It was just habit, and routine. He'd hardly ever needed to go beyond the landing pad, as the Captain was usually waiting for him with her own small duffel already packed and in hand. Now however, he stood like some lonely lost anooba pup, unsure if something had happened to keep her from making an appearance. Had Karrnage taken up her time, and was keeping her? The ex-Imperial academic was a strange one; quiet and soft-spoken. When he chose to speak, that was. And MMU was just a headache. Almost as much as KHER.

A long, protracted sigh, and Jeremy pushed off from the shuttle's nose. His stride was long, but casual. His uniform crisp as always and free of most any residual dust.

Slowly he passed through the arching entryway that led from the platform to the interior of the spire, an older style wooden door opening easily on its' hinges. Down a staircase, and through another doorway, he stopped just inside the threshold.

Making a face, Jeremy rapped thick knuckles on the wooden doorframe before venturing a call. His voice carried, though not throughout the sprawling manorhouse, he knew that much. Still though, he hoped it would reach his surprisingly tardy superior.

"Captain?"

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 23rd, 2016, 02:11:10 AM
Trinity saw no one in the living room and was heading for the kitchen when a call from the hall caught her ear. Someone calling for the Captain was what caught her attention. “Who would come seeking her here?” She wondered as she turned left instead of right.

Stepping into the hallway and glancing at the man before her, she smiled. “Good morning. I heard you call for the Captain? She isn't down yet, or at least not to my knowledge. Can I offer you a stim drink while I seek her out?”

She knew nothing of this man and didn't plan on letting him close enough touch her, but since he knew how to get in and was calling for the Captain, surely there was something to him. She would still keep him in the hallway, to be absolutely sure. If he was truly welcome here, the droid companion that always seemed to hover around the woman or the woman, herself would appear and let her know.

But Trinity would see to it that he went no further, lest she be called to task for allowing another stranger inside a place the lupine was sure wasn't often breeched.

Jeremy Varin
Nov 23rd, 2016, 02:22:41 AM
The sound of the voice, not to mention the sight of a person who was most certainly not the Captain - and without a doubt not Colonel Karrnage - was surprising. Not enough to make him jump, but his eyes did widen a tick, and Jeremy blinked before speaking up once more.

"Well, uh... "

Hers was not a face that he recognized, but he kept at least a modicum of decorum as his hands went to fold together at the small of his back even as his shoulders squared just a tick.

"No, nothing to drink, thank you. I'm just here to pick up Captain s'Ilancy."

A mischievous glint to his eye, then, and he gave a ghostly half-grin. Still, he maintained an air of mostly-professional appearance.

"I wasn't aware that she had any guests."

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 23rd, 2016, 02:30:02 AM
She noticed his eyes widen enough that she became aware that guests were probably few and far between... if ever.

When he mentioned he was here to pick up the Captain, something that seemed obvious to her with his arrival and call for her, she nodded. "I had guessed as much. I imagine that is your shuttle, or rather, hers that landed on the pinnacles earlier?" She motioned back over her shoulder. "I am sure she will be down in a moment. I'm Trinity." She left her last name out on purpose. If the Captain chose to elaborate, that was her choice. Till Trin knew what her place was in things to come, she was certainly not prepared to make the call on who did and did not know her or her background. "I came in unexpectedly." She didn't elaborate there, either. No need for this man to know too much. She had discovered in her life, and more recently in the hunting of her parents, that information in the wrong hands could prove more fatal than some believed possible.

Jeremy Varin
Nov 24th, 2016, 07:41:40 PM
"Trinity, eh."

He couldn't help the soft chuckle that accompanied those words.

"I'm used to the captain meeting me at the tarmac," there was a slightly curious tone to those next words, as he spoke with a low, Inner Core lilt.

To see this woman now, who he'd in no expected to see... it stirred a fair amount of interest, but for the time being Jeremy kept his thoughts to himself. Rather, he kept things as basic as possible. For now, tghat was the best course of action he knew well enough. The captain would be along shortly, in her own time. His time serving under her thus far had at least showed him that she was not one to completely shirk her duties.

Still though, a question needed asking.

"Well then, Ms. Trinity, will you be leaving the planet with us then... ? Or are you intent on staying... ?"

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 25th, 2016, 03:28:27 AM
This time it was Trinity's chance to smile and relax. “Not Ms... just Trinity, please.” She brushed an errant strand of hair away from her face and nodded. “I am sorry the La..Captain wasn't here to see you. I mean, I am sure she has her reasons. But I am sorry, none the less, cause I cannot tell you why.”

She bit her lip realizing her apology was bordering on formal above and beyond what his station was, or her station was supposed to be. “I... ummm... Did you want a cup of stim caf or something?” She realized he hadn't answered her. How come that detail missed her attentions? Realizing it was she who was staring, she took a step to the side to glance up the stairs behind him. “I...”

She looked back at him. They could either stand in the hallway or she could invite him into the kitchen. The kitchen seemed harmless enough... right? “Yes, I will be going.” She looked back at him and smiled. “Going with you, I meant. To the ship.” Realizing she was now stammering, she sighed and nodded down the hall. “Come on to the kitchen, we can get a drink and a bite while we wait for her.” She quickly turned her back and headed towards the kitchen. If he followed, he would find her at the sink drawing water for a kettle to place on the heatingblock. The line of her body as it reached into a cupboard for cups was what he would see next.

There was a small table in the corner, perhaps for servants at one time. And a couple chairs with years of wear were set beside it like they had been pushed in and forgotten some time ago. She moved about in silence setting the stim caf to brew and the cups on the table. Opening the fridge and seeing next to nothing, she shook her head and pulled out a small bowl of fruit and got some bread from the cupboard as well. “Sorry it isn't much.” She set them down then went to retrieve dishes and silverware as well. Her movements were lithe and lean, like a dancer, but without the useless flourishing motions. Her foot only rose a bit off the floor as she stretched for a plate, and her legs never seemed to tangle despite her obvious cluelessness in the kitchen she had never been in before.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2016, 07:46:09 PM
She'd gotten some amount of sleep, though a roiling storm of thoughts had roused her in the middle of the night. She had left her bed, left her room. Followed winding halls lined with magnificently restored busts of her own ancestors, tapestries intricately woven, gilded frames surrounding paintings of the lands as they had once been. When Dan was alive, she had spent days with him, the two restoring as much as they could. Memories of happier times filled these corridors; yet, they were poisoned. As all things with Dan Thrule, it had been so many lies that bound her to him. In marriage, in love, their children, everything.

Now however, she was free. Broken away from him and on a path that - while difficult - held so much more promise.

Through her home she moved, passing through doorways that led her to a stairwell going down into the catacombs. But, it wasn't just the old tombs that she was seeking out. There was a small, ancient library of sorts even down in these depths. It was there that the most treasured of tomes were kept. The oldest of books and scrolls, passed down from Melkhiah Losstarot himself. But, there were other writings as well, on the other Houses. It was these she searched for. Or at least, the writings of a particular individual; Tarath Losstarot. A Force-user herself, Tarath had been mate to Klavius Losstarot, and the two had ruled with a steady hand and - at times - an iron fist. But it was a specific event that had happened during their time that s'Il was interested in now.

The near-complete annihilation of House Sundergotte, and the rise of Marius Sundergotte.

From those earliest of hours into the morning until much later than she had expected, s'Il had sat at an old stone table, thumbing carefully through the old leatherbound journal of Tarath Losstarot. She'd found all of what she had been searching for, and it wasn't until she finally made her way back up to the main levels of the house that she realized her lapse. The voice of Trinity, as well as another...

... a moment to listen, and the elder Lupine realized that she had been down, shut away in the old catacombs for longer than she had intended. Jeremy was here.

And as she stepped into the kitchen area, s'Il kept the old journal tucked beneath one arm.

"It seems that I am late, Jeremy. My apologies."

Her eyes went to Trinity, then, and she smiled gently.

"You slept well?"

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 25th, 2016, 08:18:54 PM
Trin had been so absorbed in trying not to seem absorbed, that she missed the Captain walking back into the room. “Captain... yes. I did. Forgive me. I hope you do not mind me inviting him in. I wanted to make something to eat and thought it rude to leave him in the hallway.” She nodded to Jeremy as she realized that she had never asked his name. But he had still somehow managed to get hers. She certainly was slipping.

Her lip started to slide between her teeth as she often did when nervous. But she managed to purse her lips and keep it from happening. She had to remember that reprimand or not, being nervous made nothing easier.

She nodded to the book beneath the woman's arm and smiled, completely unaware what the book was. “Must have been a good read.” She tried to ease the tension in the roomand hoped that this wasn't the wrong foot to get off on with her hostess, and soon to be, Captain.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2016, 10:11:57 PM
"It was," came the answer, coupled with a patiently delivered smile of warmth.

The Lupine looked to Varin then, but his own bemused expression was answer enough; or at least, it was enough to prompt as much of an apology as she was willing to give.

"Yes, I know, Jeremy. My ruck is packed. I am sorry that I was unable to meet you at the landing pad; other matters arose which arrested my attentions."

Which was a rather light way to explain the situation. She looked to Trinity.

"Mr. Varin will be taking us to my ship. He is a friend," she'd not missed the partial apology of the invite, and sought to assuage any fears. "... and very good at what he does."

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 25th, 2016, 10:25:03 PM
Trinity nodded as the Captain praised Jeremy in a way that the dark haired girl guessed wasn't a normal thing. The Captain was making her feel better, and the gesture wasn't lost on her.

“Did you want some stimcaf for breakfast before we go, Captain?” She almost slipped but caught herself. She doubted Jeremy would catch it, even if the Captain did.

Turning back to the counter, her back to the pilot as she hoped her cheeks weren't heating. It had been less than a single full day since she had met the woman, but Trin got the feeling that get togethers like this were few and far between, and certainly not the Apex's cup of tea.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2016, 10:35:22 PM
"Ah, none for me. Thank you, though."

She smiled thinly, then rolled her shoulders in a strange motion that seemed almost... alien. As though the bones beneath the skin were shifting and reforming. It was not something easily detected from beneath the fabric of her under-tunic, but it was there, if one was looking.

"But, I do know that Mr. Varin is fond of caf."

Jeremy Varin
Nov 25th, 2016, 10:35:25 PM
The invitation into the kitchen had been met with a cordial nod and a few steps forward, so that he was standing just within the door's threshold.

He'd watched the girl, curious at her presence, but not exactly willing to pry. And when the Captain arrived, he'd squared his shoulders, standing just a little bit straighter in her presence. She wasn't so bent on a high degree of military protocol, but the respect shown was still there, and Jeremy made sure that it was noticeable in some form or another.

And though he'd initially declined a drink, the Captain's indirect urging was enough to tip him over the edge.

"Aye," he couldn't help the deep rumble of a chuckle that escaped up through his chest and out between his lips.

"A caf does sound good."

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 25th, 2016, 11:09:06 PM
Trinity poured the two cups, one for herself, one for the pilot. She moved to the ice box to produce cream and sugar to place on the counter. Realizing she was stalling, she picked up his cup and walked over to hand it to him. "Here you are." She smiled and though she wasn't planning on it, she looked up to his face. A slight crimson was nearly gone from her earlier blush, but she quickly looked away as he took the cup. "Umm... cream and sugar and there's the fruit." She nodded back to the counter where it was all laid out.

She quickly glanced at Lok then let go of the cup and began to clean up everything else, quickly sipping her hot caf as she kept her back to the others. She was still an outsider and she had to remember that no matter her station at her old residence, hard to consider it home when it was so empty and behind her, she was simply someone else who followed the Captain now. "I'm ready to go when you are, Lady." She didn't notice the slip as she put the empty kettle on the counter and rinsed her cup out.

Jeremy Varin
Nov 25th, 2016, 11:21:13 PM
He was taking a second sip when Trinity spoke her last words, and Jeremy couldn't help the smile that wove across his features.

"Lady, eh?" his eyes went to Loklorien, then returned to Trinity.

"You're of the old bit of 'religion', then?"

Weren't too many folks that called the Captain that. He looked at Trinity with a different glint in his eyes, suspecting without truly having to see.

"Well then," another sip, then he swallowed.

"... It's about time the old gal has more about her that can waggle the fingers about and make a small bit of shapeshiftin' magic."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2016, 11:21:18 PM
"Jeremy," came the soft rebuke, followed by a tch, though it was more words and a rueful smile than anything else.

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 25th, 2016, 11:33:18 PM
Trinity was lost at what she said till Jeremy's comment made her realize the slip. Her hand froze and she closed her eyes in embarrassment. She was suddenly grateful for her back being to them. She was also grateful she had already set down the fragile mug that she surely would have dropped and shattered in her shame. She didn't turn around for a moment, then she heard Lok's rebuke and knew she couldn't stay facing the counter all day. They had to leave and she couldn't keep her back to them both for an indefinitely amount of time.

It was Jeremy's comment of there being more to do a bit of shifting magic that stuck to her ears the most. Was he a shifter? Or did he merely know of them? Lok had said the ship was 'theirs'. Was that what she meant?

Turning to the woman, Trinity managed to not look like she wanted to beg forgiveness at the Apex's feet. So much for hiding. "I am sorry, Captain. I will do better, I promise." Her mind berated her for the slip. Doing it here would upset the woman, and give Jeremy something to tease her about. But on the ship... she didn't want to think of what that would mean.

She flashed a momentary glance at Jeremy, as if seeing him for the first time. She then excused herself and stepped swiftly between them. "Excuse me. I will go fetch my bag."

She had turned slightly sideways to slip between them, but her shoulder brushed Jeremy and she wondered why Fate was being so cruel to her. There was a moment of heat where they rubbed, but she chalked it up to her embarrassment and nothing more. Surely he saw her only as an amusing little bit that still called the woman Lady and was likely under the impression she was more a servant than anything.

Her mind reeled and she realized she was trying to put herself down in Jeremy's eyes. Though why... she had no idea.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 26th, 2016, 11:48:18 AM
She watched as Trinity moved to leave, excusing herself under the guise of retrieving her bag, and when she'd gone out of earshot, the Lupine turned a cautionary look to Varin.

"Go gently," came the soft warning.

"She's not used to this."

The journal was gently set down atop the table, and s'Il stepped to the counter, busying herself with tidying the water pot and tin of ground caf beans.

Jeremy Varin
Nov 26th, 2016, 11:48:22 AM
One hand went up then, and Jeremy nodded in understanding even as he took a first sip from his caf.

"Understood, Ma'am."

But, they were at least still on some sort of a timetable, and while he maintained a general air of good-natured casualness, it was slowly beginning to melt away into the normal rigors of his usual demeanor.

"I recommend though, that we waste little time. Commander Dage is more than likely already looking at his chrono and wondering where we are. And I'm sure that KHER is keen to be off soon as well. He doesn't want a repeat of the last time we were here."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 26th, 2016, 12:03:25 PM
"I'm sure."

It was an agreement spoken in a low voice, as she remembered well the more than trying time they'd all had when MMU had seen fit to visit his 'brother'. Perhaps in another situation the two ships meeting would have been welcomed, but their time was short, and they'd been under a rather severe deadline to be along the border by a certain time. MMU had brought them all to the very brink of disciplinary action, avoided only by KHER's age-old patience breaking. Whether they were in for round to this day or not, s'Il hoped to avoid the chance.

The pot was placed in the sink, and the fruit left atop the counter. No doubt the Colonel would appreciate the offering whenever he awoke from his stupor. She'd heard him return as she'd made her way to the catacombs, but had let him be. He had no doubt spent the entire day wandering about and doing whatever it was that he did out in the wilds. And, true to form, the academic would sleep his morning away until the suns were at their zenith.

"Finish your caf," she wiped her hands on a dishtowel, then headed for the same doorway that Trinity had very nearly run through. On the way, she scooped up the journal. "... and we will meet you at the landing pad, yes?"

Jeremy Varin
Nov 26th, 2016, 12:12:27 PM
He watched her leave, offering a "Yes Ma'am," as she left.

Not exactly worried about the time he had to finish his still warm caf, Jeremy gave a parting, ghostly grin as he took a step, moving to the counter. His mug was set down gently, and with one hand he took up a slice of fruit; he'd certainly never seen it before, but never one to really balk at 'adventure' (at least, adventure of the more benign variety), he popped the slice in his mouth. Not bad.

Chewing, the Alliance pilot turned his eyes upward to the cabinetry built into the wall, and reaching up, he opened a door. Nothing he could use. Another door was opened, but still nothing. It was behind the third door that he found his prize.

"Ah, yes."

Minutes later, Jeremy Varin was making his way back up the staircase that led to the shuttle, a hard plastic sippy-cup in hand, now full of the caf that Trinity had so graciously given him.

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 26th, 2016, 11:31:01 PM
Trinity couldn't believe it. She let it slip, he made a joke, now she looked the fool.

Walking swiftly to the sitting room, the dark haired girl grabbed up her small bag and turned back to the hallway. And his damned eyes. Why did they have to look so good?

Trin shook her head and bit her lip absently. Here she was, mad at him for making at joke at her expense, and she was thinking about the look of his eyes. She sighed and mentally prepared herself to be sent to wherever her bed would be once on the ship, and ordered not to interact with anyone lest she give up the Captain. She was about to head back to the kitchen when the Captain appeared in the sitting room doorway. "I am ready when you are, Captain."

She glanced behind him to see if Jeremy was there. For a moment she was disappointed, then she mentally shrugged. She was still mad at him... or at least, she was supposed to be...

... right?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 26th, 2016, 11:46:15 PM
"Trinity," her voice was soft as she spoke, and gesturing for the other woman to take a seat in one of the leather chairs dotting the sitting room, s'Il lowered her own slender frame down into a chair of her own. The raw emotions she could feel were evident, riding the waves of the Force across the divide between them. There was a sense of feeling that some betrayal had been made, and she was determined to assuage the worry and fear she felt from Trinity.

"What we are, it is less a secret than you might think. During the Clone Wars I kept the secret unless my survival depended on it, but now... now the times are different."

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 26th, 2016, 11:56:00 PM
She knew they were late, surely they were, or Jeremy wouldn't have ventured into the Keep to begin with. And here she was asking her to sit.

Taking the seat, her bag at her feet, she had a moment's panic she was being asked to stay behind. But when the woman spoke of their abilities no longer being the life or death secret, she felt herself a bit but her brow furrowed. "I don't understand. Father drilled into me my whole life that there were hunters, I forget now the name, that were out to destroy the entire race. It was they who killed him and my mother. Aren't you upset I let it slip what you are? Don't they hunt us here, too?"

Before the Lady could answer, she blurted out without thinking, "Jeremy is one, isn't he? I mean, I didn't think he was, but he knows." It was true, there was a feel to Loklorien that Trinity felt from the very beginning, though she wasn't overly aware of it. There was a feeling to the woman that was close to the way it felt when close to her parents. But Jeremy didn't have that feel to him. She wondered if she felt it in Lok because of her position as Trin's Apex? That would mean she didn't feel it in Jeremy simply because he was nothing to her.

That thought made her a little upset. Why would she care if she felt the beast in Jeremy or not? She put it out of her mind and listened to the answer she hoped the woman would give her.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 27th, 2016, 12:07:27 AM
"Mr. Varin is not one of us. He is from Prakith, in the Core."

Her hands folded into her lap at that, and s'Il kept a level gaze on Trinity.

"The hunters you speak of, they are the Leh'beni. Though, I suppose colloquially one would call them Guardians. They do not come here; it is a cursed place for them. They very nearly did destroy us, but their efforts are becoming undone, and it will do us no good to hide in the shadows."

In an effort to further soothe the rattled nerves she could feel coming from Trinity, s'Il lifted a hand, palm down in a show of calmness.

"Just breath. Do not worry yourself to death over these small things, Trinity. We're here, now, and we will continue to be a part of the galaxy for a long time to come."

A thin smile then, as she rose to her feet once more.

"I'm going to get my ruck. I'll meet you at the shuttle, yes?"

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 27th, 2016, 12:21:46 AM
"Guardians... that's right. Though I remember him calling then the other name as well. I fear I don't recall much of the past. It was all in the family journal but it was too big to bring. Seemed odd to consider it, when I left, thinking I was going to find something much different here." She half laughed but it didn't reach her eyes. Seemed silly to have run off like she did with no idea what she was going to find.

As Lok told her to breath and relax, she nodded. "I will try, Captain. It's just hard to believe after 20 years of being told that caution is all that will keep me alive, that there are other places, like here, where others know so blatently of us and do not care." She rose as the Captain did and nodded, calm finally beginning to win out. "Yes, Captain. I will see you there."

Trinity followed her out of the room then turned and headed the direction she had heard the shuttle in when she had awoken. She was surprised there was actually a pretty straight shot to it and she was there in no time.

As she came to the shuttle, she looked for Jeremy. Suddenly she caught sight of him. He was looking over the outside of the shuttle, much as her father had taught her on the little one she had been given and come here in. She bit her lip and then straightened her back and smiled. "Captain is grabbing her bag, she will be up shortly." She called. It seemed silly to call him Mr. Varin since he had introduced himself as Jeremy to her. But then, calling him by his name suddenly seemed very familiar and she had no idea how to make friends beyond those of society her mother had thrust her amongst.

Besides, even if he did know her secret, she still was unsure how she felt about him. She only hoped he wouldn't laugh at her again.

Jeremy Varin
Nov 27th, 2016, 12:49:36 AM
Turning halfway about, Jeremy allowed a smile and a nod.

"Good to hear."

With one hand still holding the sippy cup of caf, he ran the palm of his other over the shuttle's fuselage.

"Once she's up and out, we can be on our way."

A tentative sip, and he gave a nod to the open nose of the shuttle while swallowing.

"But, until then, feel free to stow your bag. There's plenty of room in this old bucket," his free hand slapped the hull, "... lots of old weapons lockers that we use for storage mostly, nowadays."

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 27th, 2016, 12:59:45 AM
Trinity was close enough to touch the shuttle now, and she reached a hand out to run it across the side by the landing ramp. "She isn't a bucket. You have to treat them well and she will always bring you home." She smiled looking away from him to the ship. "They can be temperamental, you know." She glanced to him, forgetting for the moment that she was mad at him. "If you treat her badly, she will bite. Something will break down, but you'll never figure out what. She won't respond when you want her to. And sometimes she may just shut down and never start again."

She tilted her head towards him and nodded. "Remember, sometimes they get used and abused and hate everyone. So be kind to her and she'll always treat you well." She glanced at him once more to see his reaction.

She didn't give him time to comment, but headed up inside the bucket and smiled. "I'm guessing he treats you right, old girl. Doesn't he?" She laughed whispering softly to the ship as she found the first empty locker and stowed her bag.

Something in the back of her mind made her realize that people were the same way. Sometimes they had been through so much, they often bit the hand wanting to offer comfort. She just hoped Jeremy would forgive her bite in the kitchen and not let it keep them from knowing one another. They were going to be together for quite a while, she imagined.

Jeremy Varin
Nov 27th, 2016, 01:16:53 AM
Not exactly expecting the response that he'd gotten, Jeremy only stood, following her with his eyes as she disappeared into the shuttle. A moment later he pulled from his less-than-adult caf cup, catching sight of the Captain who herself stepped out into the morning sun. No reason to rest on his laurels, he supposed, and moving to stand at the side of the ramp, he gave her a nod.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 27th, 2016, 01:16:56 AM
The cup in his hand was enough to cause her to hesitate, one booted foot on the bottom edge of the boaarding ramp. Slowly, her eye traveled from Teagan's well-worn child's sipping cup to his face.

"Really."

Jeremy Varin
Nov 27th, 2016, 01:19:04 AM
He shrugged, unable to truly help the grin that grew across his lips.

"Sippy cups are a pilot's best friend, Ma'am."

He followed her up and in, stopping only to fall into the lowered pilot's seat. A swift hand sent fingers over the controls of the armrest, and seconds later he was traveling upward on the track that would lock him into place within the cockpit.

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 27th, 2016, 01:48:23 AM
Trinity was sitting in one of the empty seats when they arrived. Without realizing it, her eyes followed Jeremy as he passed her then disappeared into the cockpit. She moved to sit next to wherever the Captain ended up and managed to find her voice.

"May I ask where we are going? The ship, I mean. Is there already a place we have to be or go? I know it's not really a concern I need to bother with. It's more out of curiosity." She knew a lot of ships with military aboard them probably didn't share information with those not part of the actual mission. But it never hurt to ask. And she needed something to talk about to keep her mind occupied.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 27th, 2016, 01:35:28 PM
Stowing her ruck in one of the empty lockers, s'Il moved to one of the seats beside where Trinity sat while clasping shut the upper hasp of her uniform jacket. Lowering herself to sit, the Lupine busied herself with pulling on her crash webbing.

"The Border, mostly," she started. A pause before she buckled the last latch of her safety straps, and slipping a hand into the front pocket of her trousers, s'Il pulled out a small, slim case. She opened it, sliding a tab of doramine out. The paper-thin square was placed beneath her tongue before the case was returned to its' home in her pocket.

"There are a few waypoints that we'll be stopping at before then, but mostly we are tasked with watching the Border lines dictated by the treaty."

It was not much of an answer she knew, and she went on in the attempt to offer more of a specific response.

"We have a small shipment of sundries to deliver to Ossus, as well as some odds and ends for Jovan Station. I do not think that we'll be too long at either stop, but there will be time enough at least to rest a spell."

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 27th, 2016, 04:21:27 PM
Trin nodded as they belted in and began to move. As the Captain explained some of their assignments, she smiled. “Seeing new places will be nice.” She bit her lip then continued. She couldn't hide forever, isn't that what Lok had meant about not having to worry as much about what she was anymore? “Till I came here, I had never been past the estate holdings.”

As she looked back on her past, it suddenly dawned on her how sheltered and simple life had been. Even if she went home right now, it wouldn't be the same. And she doubted she could go back and live there anymore.

That made her think of something. “If we happen to get back in that vacinity, is it possible, I mean, could I maybe borrow a shuttle or something to go get some things from the house? The family history book was too big to lug off with me, not knowing where I would end up and all. But I think it would be better in your keeping, or least where I can keep it handy.” She didn't know why, but somehow she knew that book, where she had ripped the map page from, was going to be important in the years to come. “Just a thought... that's all.” She added, in case the woman thought she wanted to use the ship as her personal runabout.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 27th, 2016, 05:42:16 PM
A sad reality arose, and s'Il allowed the brief, almost crestfallen emotion to show on her features. From the inside of her jacket packet, she pulled an almost flat holo-projector.

"I... do not know if that is possible right now."

Thumbing the activation switch, a brilliantly illuminated map (http://i.imgur.com/QOhhFVT.jpg) of the known galaxy sprang to life. Shades of blue to signify Imperial territory, and red to show Alliance space. There were other colors, but the majority of the map was taken over by blue and red.

"House Sundergotte went to Garqi. Here, in grid K-5," her fingers traced through the hologram to the pinprick of light that was Garqi. It was painfully evident that the planet was deep in the Empire's territory. "... but, it is in Imperial space."

She was quiet for a moment.

"I'm sorry, but right now, we cannot go there."

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 27th, 2016, 06:04:50 PM
Trinity managed a soft gasp before biting her lip. "Oh..." She had gone so far, and through space she should have been challenged in. How had she gotten through it without any problems?

Then another reality hit her. "So if I go home, it has to be in my personal shuttle. And that's back in the woods by your estate." The weight of that thought hit her a bit harder than she thought it would. She couldn't go home. Not if she wanted to. At least, not right now, anyway.

Suddenly she smiled and nodded, though it didn't reach her eyes. "It's all right. I am sure the book with be fine." She laughed at the idea. "Not like anyone will go looking for it. No one but us knew of it. Not even the servants." She felt a small lump choke her a moment at the thought that while the book was certainly safe, it was because there was no one left alive who knew of it. But she shoved that down as well.

"It's all right. I am sure I'll get to it sometime." She quickly changed the subject hoping to distract herself. "So what can I do to help on this mission of yours?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 27th, 2016, 08:00:15 PM
There was a measure of sympathy, and as she shut down the holo, s'Il leaned back in her seat. Her eye went to stare at the far bulkhead. She was unwilling to allow the change in subject just yet.

"Do not let this set you back," she started quietly as the shuttle left the atmosphere and shot out into the inky blackness of space.

"It is unfortunate, but the Force works as it does for many reasons. I am sure that you will hold the White Tome once more. It is not a thing meant to be separated from its' House for a lengthy period of time. But," her hand came down then, to offer a reassuring pat to Trinity's knee.

"... do not think that it will be as short as a night's sleep. I did not reclaim my own House's White Tome for more than two decades. Be patient, Trinity. The Force and your will is what brings the two halves back together."

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 27th, 2016, 08:14:14 PM
She wanted it dropped. Two decades without going home? Could she do that? Then she thought perhaps it was best. She could send word to keep it in hold for her. A minimal staff, living there, to keep it from going to ruin. She had more than enough credits with her inheritance to run the estate on full staff for decades. Minimal staff meant there would be no burden on her purse at all. "Yes, Ma'am. I am sure I will get back there someday."

She was grateful the woman stared out the window. Her own eyes going down to her hands in her lap which absently fiddled with the webbing on her restraints. She didn't touch the connections, no point in accidentally embarrassing herself cause she let her buckle loose. She thought again about the Force the Lady spoke of. "You keep mentioning the Force. Is it really that much of a pulling or guiding thing? I am of course familiar with the Jedi. Even there, they came and saw to the villagers and made sure my father was not being a tyrant. Though with the Empire ruling our place, it's a wonder, now, that they were allowed there at all."

She hadn't bothered to keep track of who ruled their planet. Her father was never so bothered by the rein holders to bring it up, so she never thought to. In hindsight, that seemed odd now.

Realizing her mind was drifting again, she pulled her thoughts tight and tried once more to think of other things. "Perhaps I can help with the shuttles, or even the kitchen. I don't have very many other skills that would be useful on a star ship, I am sure."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 27th, 2016, 09:56:27 PM
For a moment she let her eye cast a sideways look to Trinity, finally opting to simply allow the matter to rest for the time being.

"The Force is what holds everything together," she finally answered, her voice steady and level even as she let her gaze shift back to the far bulkhead.

"As for these Jedi you say visited your father, I would doubt that very much. With the Purge, no Jedi was safe. We were forced to flee, and to run like scared dogs, scrambling for any safe space to hide from Darth Vader."

A flash of a memory, of that dark day (https://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?16643-Trinity-Asunder&p=241467&viewfull=1#post241467) on Rumigaar, and of the towering monolith that stood before her with his blood-red blade. She blinked, banishing the remembrance.

"No, I would venture to say that whoever your visitors were, they were anything but Jedi."

A bit of a scowl then, as she shook her head to rid those old times from her thoughts. It would do no good to let herself be swallowed by them right now.

"The will of the Force is a greater power than simple fate and destiny," she murmured quietly before focusing on the last words that Trinity had spoken.

"But, as many things, the galaxy doesn't not spin on that alone. Likewise, a ship does not always fly itself. I think that we will take our time; do not rush yourself. I'll not force you to do something you feel ill-suited for, but remember that the things that are difficult at first are often the best things one can learn to master."

She gave a soft smile, then.

"Do not fret so much over what to do."

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 27th, 2016, 11:49:44 PM
Trin nodded and let her mind wander to who or what the Jedi were. At least they never caused harm, that she was aware of. She whispered a thought softly, not realizing the keen hearing of the woman beside her would probably hear, despite the loud engines. "Hunters?" Had they taken the guise of Jedi to get close to the family and the town? Was that how they were found? The idea sifted through her mind till she shook her head and listened to the rest of the Apex's words. She knew that she would be tested, tried and sometimes fail. But she also was old enough to know it was the only way to grow.

She smiled back at the Captain. "I promise to never be quick to judge." She knew the Captain wouldn't intentionally harm her. But she also knew that she'd probably have to prod for something to make herself useful. She would give it time, though. She'd never been on a ship before, so chances were she would fall into something soon enough.

She watched out the port as the gigantic ship came into view and they drew closer to what Trin could finally make out as a landing bay. "She's huge!" The wide eyed woman laughed as if she had considered anything else. "Sorry, guess I just didn't have anything to measure it by till now." She bit her lip and her eyes lit up like a child's. It was a new wonder to her and she was unafraid to show her awe of it.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 28th, 2016, 12:12:51 AM
She couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips, a full-bodied laugh that had not sounded from her for a very long time.

"Core be blown," she gasped while wiping a small tear from her left eye.

"Don't ever let him hear you call him that," still she chuckled.

"He's a temperamental old codger. Threatens to cut off life support whenever he loses a bet with the XO."

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 28th, 2016, 12:26:23 AM
It took the young lupine a moment to realize why her Lady was laughing. The idea of the fake Jedi being Hunters wasn't such a crazy idea as that. But when the woman elaborated, Trin realized she meant the ship. "It's a he?" She looked out the window again. "How can a ship be temperamental. Doesn't it have to do what you tell it to?" The shock in her voice was probably comical to the Captain. But the sincerity on Trin's face would show she honestly was shocked and amazed at such a statement.

The idea of a ship threatening the lives of those aboard seemed absurd to her. Machines behaved as they were programmed to. Even the droid she had met when first meeting Lok would only do what his programming would allow. Despite his appearance to the contrary of full autonomy.

Her brow creased now as she looked at the ship with new eyes. The idea of a machine of that magnitude having a temper and cutting off life support merely for the loss of a bet was something that sent a shiver down her spine.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 29th, 2016, 12:58:59 AM
"Well, he's also very old."

The tone of Trinity's voice elicited a reassurance from s'Il, then.

"He'd never vent the air, or cut off life support in any way," she explained carefully, "... but he has a penchant for making threats that his core programming does not let him carry out. He is as the ever-grumpy old man, yelling at children to slow down their speeders."

A conciliatory smile, then.

"A bad joke on my part," came the final verdict.

"I was never very good at them to begin with. My apologies."

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 29th, 2016, 03:23:10 AM
Trinity shook her head at the Captain's apology. "It was not your joke that was bad, Ma'am. It's my own ignorance of those things." She managed to smile to take the sting from her words. "I am glad he won't really harm anyone. But it seems nice to have a grandpa around to kick the younglings into shape sometimes, I imagine." She couldn't understand how something artificial acted 'old' but the idea was intriguing.

"I will remember not to upset him." She smiled back at the woman as they seemed to float into the shadow of the huge ship. There was no way she would call it huge out loud, but words like gigantic, and behemouth, were in the forefront of her mind regardless. She nervously bit her lip and looked to the ceiling as if she could almost see the large ship that seemed to barrel down on them, despite her mind knowing it was they who were really doing the moving.

KHER
Nov 30th, 2016, 03:10:05 AM
Standing stiffly just inside the main arching entryway that led into the secondary hangar, the spindly, bipedal form of KHER stood watching as the nu-Class shuttle slowly touched down upon the deck. The massive swiveling landing area was a catch-all for most craft that ferried passengers to and from his larger half, and the ancient mobile mainframe unit accessed his main processing banks, launching a query to the Chief Engineer to service the platform soon. There was nothing wrong with it necessarily, but the old droid often busied himself with instructions for maintenance. It passed the time, at any rate. And whenever Captain s'Ilancy was not - for some reason or another - sending them into often ill-advised situations, it seemed as good an idea as any to make sure that the much larger part of himself was in the best shape he could manage.

The crew were not Lupine, but they were competent enough. Even the Farghul, Raghus, had taken to the pilot's nest with a strange amount of ease that surprised even KHER.

Spheroid eyes, as black as ink and seemingly emotionless watched the shuttle as it went through its' post-flight shutdowns. KHER was not confident in many things, but Mr. Varin had proved himself one to be confident in when it came to the old nu shuttle. KHER wondered in his own mechanically precise way if the human had feelings for it. It would explain quite a lot, at any rate.

And as the boarding ramp lowed, KHER moved. His stride was as smooth as that of an HRD, despite his waifish appearance. A long neck supported his hawkish head, and as he covered the distance, his internal sensors flagged an irregularity within the shuttle. Surely the Captain had not brought back that infernal Colonel Erasmus Karrnage??!

A notion began to form that was enough to hurry his footsteps.

And as the ramp clanged down upon the decking, KHER wasted little time; he had no reason to wait for the Captain to exit, and marching up and into the shuttle, the droid began to speak even before he'd made it fully inside. His tinny, mechanical voice held a strange tinge of emotion.

"Captain, need I remind you of the last time that you brought the Colonel aboard? I have still not managed to wipe all of his fingerprints off of this unit. I want it known that bringing the Colonel off of the planet is an exceedingly bad- "

Only, it was not the elderly academic that he was now staring down at.

Rather, it was a young woman; raven hair and pale skin.

KHER drew up to his full height in a fraction of a second, head ticking to the side as he stared down at this very unexpected woman.

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 30th, 2016, 04:17:26 AM
Trin had already risen and was getting her bag when the mechanical wonder wandered in, bellowing about who had been brought aboard. She wasn't sure who the 'Colonel' was, but he apparently wasn't welcome. As it came around the corner and Trin was suddenly face to face with the AI, she bit back a small gasp of surprise. "I..." She began then glanced back at the Captain.

Taking a deep breath, she tried to make it seem like she wasn't phased at all. "I am not the Colonel...Trinity Sundergotte." She said and stood there, hand on her bag on the nearby seat. She was going to say more, but again, wasn't sure what Lok wanted others to know, or exactly what else she could say.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 1st, 2016, 01:05:27 PM
Still in the process of removing her restraints, s'Il took her time. There was no real need to rush. Was it expected that the ship's AI would stomp his way into the shuttle without waiting for her to debark? In a way, yes. He'd done it often enough in the past, and now was certainly no different. Well, mostly. The presence of Trinity Sundergotte was without a doubt an unexpected event, though certainly not unwelcomed. And to the elder Lupine's credit, she had taken everything in stride. A peaceful revelation, as it were. Heartening, to be sure.

"We've a guest," she finally interjected before either woman or droid could speak further.

At least Jeremy had seen fit to keep himself locked away in the cockpit for the time being. Not unexpected though, as his own duties kept him isolated.

"Ms. Sundergotte will be staying aboard for a time," continuing as she rose to stand, s'Il rolled her shoulders, glad that her stomach had managed to stay settled for the trip back.

KHER
Dec 1st, 2016, 01:05:31 PM
If it was possible for a droid to express emotion, then KHER would have run the entire gamut. From a strangely hitching movement to adjust his posture, to the digits of one hand twitching. His head seemed to inch upward, so that the eerie black orbs of his oculars looked down the length of his face to the new addition. One foot shifted, sliding back with a protracted grating sound along the shuttle's interior deckplates.

"A... " the draw-out was more than obvious, "... guest."

Another bit of quiet hung over the three, then he went on.

"You are a Sundergotte?"

It was more a demand than a question.

Trinity Sundergotte
Dec 2nd, 2016, 03:46:31 AM
Trinity bit her lip as they woman mentioned she would be staying on board for a while. With the way the robot, or droid, or ... AI... had come storming in, she doubted he was the kind to like strangers and change overly much. And it appeared Lok hadn't called ahead to mention it, either.

As the droid shifted its stance, its look and, nearly its entire demeanor, Trinity swallowed a moment of panic. It looked like it wanted to pounce her.

"A..... guest." The two words sounded nearly ominous. The word guest almost sounding like the definition of something to be hunted, thrown into a dark place of forgetting and then eventually devoured.

Another slight shudder of dread wrinkled down Trin's spine as the droid continued.

"You are a Sundergotte?"

The words came out sharp and clipped as if he wanted her to deny it. "I am." She stated very matter of factly. "Trinity Annabelle Sundergotte." The young lupine figured if she was going to die, they may as well know her full name on the death certificate.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 5th, 2016, 11:46:49 AM
Moving to the locker that she'd stowed her small duffel within, s'Il moved with deliberate motions. A single finger lifted the locking latch, and as she felt the hook clear its' post, she pulled the door open. The hinges, though old, had obviously been oiled recently so that there was no tell-tale metallic protestations. Rather, the locker opened easily. Her free hand reached in, and the Lupine pulled her ruck out.

"Has the deckmaster secured the shuttle?"

KHER
Dec 5th, 2016, 11:46:51 AM
"Yes."

Still though, his eyes remained down, staring at the Sundergotte. Trinity.

"I was not aware that any from House Sundergotte had managed to survive past the first three hundred years following the Migration."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 5th, 2016, 11:48:40 AM
"Well, it seems that they have."

Moving past Trinity, s'Il stopped only as she came level with her ship's AI.

"I suggest you prepare us for the jump to hyperspace. A good idea, yes? I would like to be gone from this sector as soon as possible."

KHER
Dec 5th, 2016, 11:51:17 AM
Finally, he tore his gaze from the other woman, inky black eyes moving as his head angled to look at the Captain. A moment of silence, then he spoke.

"The jump is calculated. There will be approximately two hours until our next waypoint."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 5th, 2016, 11:55:05 AM
An odd smile then, as she gave a pat to the metal arm closest to her.

"Very good then."

Her torso twisted then, and she looked back to Trinity.

"We should probably get you situated, I think."

It was a roundabout request to be followed from the shuttle.

Trinity Sundergotte
Dec 7th, 2016, 01:34:46 AM
Trinity couldn't look away from the machine as it stared at her. Was it possible for a droid to glare? She wasn't sure, but from the stance of the creature, and her own shiver of fear and apprehension, she was going to say 'yes'.

As Lok moved about with tight efficiency and retrieved her items, Trin heard her ask about the ship. She also hear the clipped responses of the droid and tilted her head slightly to look at him. It was intriguing to think that all this metal, wire and coding was mobile, yet still in touch with and running the ship. She knew a little about mechanics, but not near enough to not be in sheer awe of what it was.

When it spoke of not believing any Sundergottes had lived for so long, something in her stomach lurched. The idea she might be the last had been something her father had told her from the beginning of her training. But to hear this... this robot... this piece of metal, inform her she was probably the last of her bloodline... it made her shiver visibly and she was glad when the Captain suddenly mentioned departing the shuttle and headed away from her.

Swiping up her bag, she nearly scurried after the woman. Part of her wanted to drill the droid for all its info. To find out where the others had been, could still be. And part of her wanted nothing more to do with him. As the last of her line, she speculated it made her an interesting anomaly on his ship. She didn't want to be an anomaly.

She quickly moved to catch up to the woman and managed to steady her breath and give a half smile. “Well he is an interesting one, isn't he?” She chose awe instead of fear.“When he said the ship was ready for hyperspace, he had paused. Was he actually communicating with the ship, herself?” The other idea was the crew knew what the Captain had wanted ahead of time and it had merely been relaying the info he knew of when he left the bridge.

She wondered what Jeremy thought of the creature.

Then she wondered why she was thinking about Jeremy.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 7th, 2016, 01:07:46 PM
A slight uptick at one corner of her lips, and s'Il gave a sideways glance to Trinity as they passed beneath the large, arching blast door frame the separated the main hangar bay from the rest of the ship proper. It was a fairly simple aesthetic that was presented; strong lines, but graceful all the same. Glowpanels projected a soft light that somehow made everything seem... warm. Rather than a cold and unforgiving feeling, the simple application of lights cast everything within the warship in a way that seemed so diametrically opposed to the nature of its' existence.

"Well, he is the ship."

Again her eyes went forward, and the two rounded a bend in the corridor.

"A Mobile Mainframe Unit functions as a host for the AI, to allow the ship to exist within itself and interact with its' crew. It is a far better arrangement than having to rely on nothing but a computer terminal to communicate with the ship."

A lift was ahead. One of many that dotted the ship.

"He is rather nice... once you get past the prickly exterior."

Trinity Sundergotte
Dec 7th, 2016, 06:02:21 PM
Trin had been right. The droid was part of the ship. A walking type of interface that made things easier. It made sense, even if her mind couldn't quite grasp it completely. "It's an interesting idea. Are all the ships this way?"

She found her head constantly swiveling around to glance at things on the way. Various corridors, other turbo lifts, rooms she glimpsed through the occasional open door... it was all something new to her. "I'm getting the feeling that the inside is much larger than the outside gives the impression of." She laughed wondering how she would ever keep from getting lost. Staying in her quarters was probably best for now. Small forays out on walks till she could find stuff was probably the next step.

When Lok mentioned the MMU's prickly exterior, she laughed. "Well let's just say it's a good thing he isn't your medical droid. Because his bedside manner is horrible." She managed to relax enough to give a slight laugh as they reached the lift.

She followed the Captain because she wasn't ready to explore the droid's comment about the other Sundergottes being extinct. She didn't want to be the last of her line. How can one pass on a legacy... if there is no one to pass it to?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 10th, 2016, 01:57:45 AM
"Most Lupine ships are as such, yes. I've not heard of other races using such an approach, though I'll not discount it simply because I've no knowledge of it."

A simple enough answer that really needed no other clarification. A smile was all that met Trinity's observation of the ship's interior, and as the two stepped onto the lift, s'Il reached out to depress the button that would send the up to the crew deck. There was no real separation between her own quarters and those of the rest of the crew's. Perhaps a slightly larger sitting area, but as the ship itself had been built for war, the need for a captain to live in more luxurious surroundings was unnecessary. In a way, it reminded her of her time aboard Novgorod.

"To be honest, this is not exactly KHER's first ship. I had him integrated after we'd excavated the ship itself from the northlands. So, while it is him, he is still getting a feel for his larger half."

But, there were other matters that tugged at the periphery of her thoughts, and the Lupine spoke once more.

"Now. Tell me of your time before coming to Schwartzweld."

Trinity Sundergotte
Dec 10th, 2016, 02:35:37 AM
Trinity smiled slightly and nodded. “I can understand that. I can't imagine trying to get used to what probably amounts to a new body. With strangers scrambling all over.” She had this image of the MMU standing in a corner somewhere mentally brushing mortal beings off its arms.

When the Captain asked about her past, it caught her off guard.

“I'm... I'm not sure what you mean.” She finally caught her breath and continued. “I mean, I grew up on Garqi. I never knew any place else before finding you. Typical upbringing I guess. Although I can't compare it to anyone else.”

She shifted slightly and wondered if the lessons, her training, all of her life had been acceptable as an upbringing in what her family line considered 'appropriate'. “Father taught me the histories, lineages and such as I grew up. Taught me to hunt, hide what I was and be generous to those on our lands.” She wasn't sure how much detail the woman wanted. Absently her hand rose to her shoulder. Her hand wouldn't reach, and she wouldn't stretch, but she knew they were there. Her brand marking her as Lupine and the high status her House had. “Father taught me to always hide what we were, so the Guardians wouldn't find us.”

She moved her bag from one side to theother. It wasn't heavy, but suddenly she felt like she had missed something in her life and wasn't even aware what it was. “When they were ki...” Trin bit the word off hard, “when they were gone, I went to the book, took this out and came here. I mean, there. Where you found me.” She was stammering now as she unfolded the ancient sheaf from her pocket and held it with quaking fingers towards the Lady.

The old page, carefully torn as close to the center as was possible, held the map that had lead Trinity to Lok's proverbial front steps on one side. On the other, a layout of the old Sundergotte estate was represented. The house, orchards and edge of the woods were all there as if traced down just yesterday.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 22nd, 2016, 12:29:03 PM
When they were gone. The previous explanation, cut short, spoke of everything that needed to be explained. But, she didn't press the issue. Not now at least.

Peering sideways to the map that was being unfurled, the Lupine couldn't help the frown that creased her features. It wasn't outright anger, but rather a measured and tempered expression that met Trinity.

"You should not have torn the page out," even her voice was level; in no way furious, but the displeasure was palpable.

"Those old books; they are to be kept whole and complete. They are holy."

Trinity Sundergotte
Dec 25th, 2016, 05:34:54 AM
It was like being a child all over again. Caught playing with her father's blade. His scolding, firm but kind, was more meant to be a lesson than a punishment. But it had scored her mind, none the less. Now here was a woman her father had brought her up to believe was above even him, and once more, she felt the punishment as sure as if Lok had lashed her with her hand. All she could do was look at the wounded page, torn, albeit gingerly, from its home like a child from its parents.

"I wasn't sure bringing the book was safe. There is a copy of the map in father's desk, I made sure. He had had me copy it several times growing up. Each was better than the last. But when I left..." She shook her head. She was making excuses, trying to justify the heinous crime she felt she had committed. These books were given to the families to be passed down generation to generation. She was the last of hers. Wasn't it her right to do... this? "I took it because the book would not be easy to hide. It was too big. I was sneaking out, to go riding, to hide my grief. I couldn't manage it and escape too." She made escape sound like she had been a captive, at the mercy of those giving their well wishes and blessings and condolences. She could have found a way... but she hadn't.

Suddenly all she could do was begin to once more carefully refold the paper as gingerly as she had handled it her whole life. "I'm sorry, M'lady. It won't happen again." There were some moments, glimpses in her life where her strength surprised and astounded her father. Her knowledge and mind pleased her mother. And she had been told that someday, she would rule the Sundergotte House and be a wise Mistress. But suddenly, in moments like this, she wondered if all parents blindly said that to their children because they loved them. She straightened her spine, to keep from cowering and whimpering, at least where anyone would see or hear, and smiled once more. The shine didn't quite reach her eyes, though. "So I followed the map and you know the rest."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 29th, 2016, 08:18:19 PM
The lift arrived silently; no ding or soft chime to signal its' presence, merely the opening of its' doors with a pneumatic hiss.

"Mm," there was a strange, otherworldly airiness that overtook her voice as she let her thoughts finish the telling. Or at least, the parts that she was present for. "Yes, I suppose that I do."

A gesture that Trinity step in first, and following, s'Il blinked slowly.

"Crew deck."

In answer, the lift doors slid shut, and the two were sent upwards.

For a few moments, she let silence hang in the air, but it wasn't long before another question found its' way to her lips. It was a delicate question, but one that she found had become a strange itch, clawing away at her awareness with particular incessant scratching.

"How... were your parents... taken."

Trinity Sundergotte
Dec 29th, 2016, 10:57:10 PM
Trinity stepped into the lift and felt the silence like a weight on her chest. There was so much gone, in her past, that she hadn't really thought of till now. And with the reprimand for her action with the book her own father said was like the 'lifeblood' of their lineage, she felt small and insignificant once more.

But her wandering mind was brought back to the present when the Lady asked about her parent. The first word to come to her mind, fell from her lips like lead, "Guardians..."

Knowing she had to elaborate, she took a deep breath. "Father called them Hunters. He said 'Guardian' seemed wrong since they certainly weren't that to us. One night, they came in. The servants had gone home so it was just us in the house. One came to my room and had his hand on my mouth with a large blade over me in his other hand." Her hand reflexively went to her chest remembering the sensation of the weight of that blade over her, despite it never touching her. "There was a shout from the hallway, and he told me to be quiet. He said not to move, not to leave my room and certainly not to let anyone know I was here till the servants returned in the morning." She remembered the man's eyes. They had been cold and ice filled, but seeing her, something changed. "He made me swear. Once I nodded my head, he asked for forgiveness. Said 'they would check' and sliced my arm." She slid her sleeve up where a scar, seemingly nearly healed, was barely visible on her forearm. "Then he left."

She shook her head. It hadn't made sense then, and now it didn't either. "The servants came in the next morning. I didn't make a sound. They found my parents first. One of them screamed, I think it was Katalia. They both rushed into my room. I was laying there, the corner of the blanket pressed to my arm. I told them what happened and Larau's husband later said we were to say nothing. All anyone would know was my parents were killed by burglars. We said I was at Katalia's house for the night. I had spent it there before so no one questioned it." She went silent then. She doubted the Lady wanted to hear about the funeral and services and her running away in the middle of it all.

She hadn't looked at Lok the whole time, even now her eyes were focused on the seam in the doors as they ascended into the ship. She couldn't bring herself to look at the woman. She feared, like the book tearing, she had somehow done something wrong. Or had failed to do something she should have. She didn't want to see that disappointment, even if she did have to hear it.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 30th, 2016, 12:22:30 AM
The Guardians.

In an instant her expression had darkened into a scowl.

So. They were still about, terrorizing a species that had become all but extinct. There was a terrible logic to it all though, and she found herself not entirely surprised. It was worrying though, at the same time. She knew the sacrifices that Feint had made to keep her and her own children safe were not extended to any others that might've survived, but it still hurt to hear firsthand the terror visited upon those who had resigned themselves to the unforgiving arms of fate. To those who only wished to fade away quietly into the night.

"Sa'asana," she swore under her breath, lapsing from Basic for a brief moment.

The scowl did not leave.

"Our secret is kept for good measure," she finally began, "... but sometimes even that is not enough."

As the lift slowed to a stop, her head bowed in respect.

"I am truly sorry that such actions were taken against your family."

The doors opened, and s'Il led the way out, her mind already working to plan her next steps. And while her abilities to retaliate were hobbled, she could at least begin reconstructing defenses against an age-old enemy that she had never wished to face.

"You are safe here. I promise you that."

Trinity Sundergotte
Dec 30th, 2016, 12:57:02 AM
She wasn't sure what the word was the woman growled, but she was pretty sure it wasn't a compliment. Nodding to the words, and the condolences, Trin watched the doors slide open and stepped out. "Thank you." She murmured as she let Lok continue to lead the way.

The reassurance she was safe here, made her exhale a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. It wasn't that she was scared here, more like the sudden terror she would have to be more constantly on alert was all. "I am glad. Though I am not sure if I will know how to relax enough to take advantage of those words." She once more tried to laugh, but it shook with nervousness. She had grown up her whole life to keep one eye and one ear open. To always be on the lookout. With the failure the night her parents died, she hadn't slept more than a few stolen hours here and there. Vigilance was a hard thing to maintain and while she was told she was safe here, she doubted tonight would be the night she broke that slumber slacked habit. "It will be nice to not worry. Though, to be honest, I think I may have to learn how." She smiled genuinely, but the laughter wasn't there. At least, not yet.

She wondered where their pilot had gone. For some reason, she liked him, which was odd. She hoped she would get the chance to see him again.

Realizing her mind had wandered, and fearing she had missed something, she glanced up quickly. "Hmmm?" The sound of query was swift and not very loud, but would be enough that if Lok had asked her something, she would realize Trin hadn't heard her.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 30th, 2016, 03:39:15 PM
Another bend in the corridor, and s'Il led them past a myriad of doors; some open, some closed. One of the crew popped a head out, a single earbud nestled in one ear, the thin, spiderline cord dangling down and into a trouserpocket. One hand gripped the doorway, the other held a datapad. Fiery red hair was cut midway, swept back and between two oversized ears. Silvery eyes blinked owlishly from a distinctly felinoid face. A Zygerrian was not difficult to pick out of the other felinoid species that ranged across the galaxy, but one that seemingly served aboard an Alliance vessel... that was far more rare.

A moment later the crewer disappeared back into the bunk, the door shutting.

"I do not think that you will have many curious visitors," she spoke again.

"Many seem to enjoy time alone when they are not on duty, and keep to themselves."

Down a short flight of three steps, her boots hit the decking in measured beats.

"If you are hungry, I can have the Lieutenant on duty bring you food from the mess; unless you'd rather go there yourself to pick out what you want."

Trinity Sundergotte
Dec 30th, 2016, 06:58:32 PM
Trin couldn't help but watch the creature as it watched her. Her own face lit up in a friendly smile just before it disappeared. She hoped she hadn't offended him in some way, but then the Lady was speaking once more and her attention was once more diverted. "Thank you, though I do not mind those who seek out of curiosity. Malicious wonderings, perhaps aren't welcome," she smiled and nodded. "But I do understand. Thank you."

With the offer of food, her stomach growled. It had been some time since she had eaten last. "There is no need for special favors, Captain. I am sure with a bit of direction I can make it to the dining hall. I don't want to be treated differently or be a burden." Curiosity was one thing, but being given special treatment amongst those who sought solitude could breed animosity. "No, I'll get settled in and go find something myself, if it's not a bad time for it."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 30th, 2016, 08:11:30 PM
An understanding nod was given, and slowing her stride, s'Il finally stopped at a nondescript door. Keying the entry code, the door opened easily to reveal a clean, cozy living area. Stepping inside, the Lupine allowed enough room for Trinity to follow.

It was a one room affair, but the layout made it seem far more sectioned than it really was. A bed rested along the far wall, beneath a long, narrow window. To the left was a small space with a utilitarian sofa, a desk opposite, and a low caf table. A doorway further back led to the fresher. It was sparsely decorated, but lines in the bulkhead made everything appear more inviting; a strange thing on such a ship. It was one of the more peculiar aspects of the ship, to be sure.

"It is small I know, but you have your own fresher, and it is mostly quiet."

The desire to settle herself before striking out into the rest of the ship was understandable.

"If you ever get lost, just ask KHER to come find you," a smile, "... he is always listening, and will hear you better than anyone."

Trinity Sundergotte
Dec 30th, 2016, 08:45:40 PM
Trin smiled as she stepped into the space. She had assumed there would be more of a bunk room arrangement with a locker or chest for her personal things. The room was spacious enough to seem luxurious in her eyes at its revealing. "It's perfect. Honest. I hadn't expected anything this grand, so please, no need for apologies."

A private bath was definitely more than she hoped and while she had taken a shower only two nights prior, and done little since then, she suddenly felt that was more important than food. "I will remember. Though the idea of making the poor ship come find me when I am lost seems embarrassing. I am sure wandering will find me where I need to be, or more likely, in a place that will turn me back around in the right direction." She laughed at the idea truly getting lost on a ship. It was only so big, after all. She was more likely to walk to someplace she was turned around from for not being permitted then simply wandering forever.

"It is a grand ship, Captain. And I now see why KHER takes such pride in her... ummm... him." She laughed unsure what to call the ship. "I hope he is not offended I am a Sundergotte. He didn't seem happy when the name was mentioned, or that I was staying a while." She had the distinct feeling the creature that greeted them was rather displeased. Be it for the inconvenience at yet another passenger to keep track of, or her in particular.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 30th, 2016, 11:01:25 PM
"He behaves like that to anyone that comes aboard," she couldn't help the smile as she moved to stand in the doorway.

"It is not you, and it is not your House. If anything, I'd wager that he's rather curious about a surviving Sundergotte."

A helpless shrug then, but the suredness was still there, radiating from her in waves and expanding outward to assuage the worry she could feel coming from Trinity.

"Settle yourself," a single step back, and one hand went out to grasp the frame in order to keep the door from closing just yet. "... give yourself time to recover your bearings. If you need me, simply ask KHER. He will notify me."

A silence hung in the air then, an unspoken invitation that, if Trinity had any last questions, she was welcome to ask now, before s'Il had to leave for the bridge.

Trinity Sundergotte
Dec 31st, 2016, 12:33:14 AM
Trin may be young and inexperienced in the ways of the galaxy as a whole, but as the reassurance fell on her like a warm wind, she smiled and nodded. "I'll be fine Captain. And I will contact KHER, if I need him, I promise."

She let the woman depart hoping she wouldn't worry about the newest crewmember. Someone new on board usually meant an upset to a steady rhythm. She knew because her father used the analogy when someone new came into his life either at work or home. "For a moment, they are like a rock tossed into a steady stream. There are ripples, upsets, and distortions. But rhythm returns as always. The universe is a fluid thing, as are its creatures. Just remember that, after a time, balance is found once more, Remember that, my little one, and you will never feel adrift." She glanced at the room, silent and empty. It was her new home, at least for now.

Unpacking the small bag she had, and making a mental note she would need to ask about the acquisition of clothes and personal affects soon, she found the locked compartment in her room, stashed her most precious belongings and headed for the privacy of the bath. A shower and washing would do wonders. Then she would go seek out some food.

Jeremy Varin
Jan 29th, 2017, 08:44:22 PM

The first hour since returning to Khera'Va'ss'io had been spent in post-flight checks and minor checklist perusal. He'd filled out his reports and the small amount of flimsis that required his signature. Mundane and peaceful. That the Captain had brought back a passenger was a bit new, but nothing completely out of the ordinary he supposed. After all, when you were stationed aboard a sentient cruiser and your captain was once a part of the Jedi Order, there weren't many things done that were too shocking. The KHER had chosen to be his shadow for the hour was more of a bother, and Jeremy only occasionally answered the ship's needling questions with monosyllable grunts. He was busy, after all. It was his job to make sure the command staff - small though it was - had safe and adequate transport to and fro. Playing twenty questions with an antique AI was not in his wheelhouse. Nor was it in his particular set of interests.

Mercifully he was left alone as hour two came, as KHER had been called away to the bridge.

A quick shower, and he soon enough found his way to the small mess hall. It wasn't grand or opulent, but there was still a surprising amount of grace and ease of access to the place. Retrofitted though it had been, it was easy to tell that the Captain's people held to a more intimate notion of dining. Still, it had what every mess hall needed to convey food to those that came to it. The Kaleesh chef, an almost waifish female that had a tendency to glower at everyone from her perch over the length of the tray slide, doled out food like none that he'd ever eaten. It was obvious that the captain had no real worry about the sort of edibles being served aboard her ship; and rather enjoyed the assortment offered. Dewback skewers, grilled nuna in Kaleesh spices, and a decent assortment of stocked vegetables. Grains made up a large portion of most meals, but even the rice was cooked with spices and flavors that made it damn near addicting.

His tray clattered down on the slide, and Idiri Su'ul Ahan'war lifted her gaze up from a pot of thick jekkama gravy.

"It's not lunch hour."

Jeremy sent back a wounded and helpless expression.

"I missed breakfast. Had to go down to the planet to pick up the Captain."

"That is not my fault."

Reaching a hand up then, he gave a tap to the glass barrier that stood between man and each enticing bit of food.

"Come on, now. I know you've got some food to spare."

Idiri scowled, her features deepening even further than her normal 'resting-angry face'. She let out a huff, then left her pot of gravy, turning about with a frustrated flourish while in the same motion grabbing a plate with one three-fingered hand and a large slotted spoon from the counter with the other.

"What you want."

Trinity Sundergotte
Jan 31st, 2017, 04:09:39 AM
Having finished eating some time ago, and was merely sitting in the dining hall looking over her small comm pad at the layout of the ship to get her bearings. She saw Jeremy as she looked up to hear his voice.

Once he had his tray, she called to him. "Jeremy. What a pleasant surprise." She nodded to one of the myriad of open chairs around her and offered him the choice.

Her hair was drawn back in a ponytail and she was dressed in a simple long sleeve shirt of deep jewel blue that set off her ebony hair and crystalline eyes and a pair of denims that formed to her perfectly as if made for her. She was not wearing any makeup or jewelry, not seeing a point on a space ship, and the look made her seem slightly younger than the last time he had seen her. She was freshly showered and looked a bit more alert, if not still hopelessly lost.

"I trust everything went all right for your shut down routine?" She laughed guessing him more than capable of dealing with anything that may have gone wrong, though she knew there had been no hiccups in the return journey. "I have to say I am impressed with your home here," she gestured to the ship in general. "Though I admit it's a bit daunting. I am hoping once I figure out which end is which it will get better." She smiled though a hint of embarrassing color tinted her cheeks. She hated feeling helpless despite that being her only real emotion since her parents' death almost a week ago.

Jeremy Varin
Feb 1st, 2017, 01:36:51 PM
Called over to the newcomer's table, Jeremy waded through the empty tables before setting his tray on her table. She seemed jovial enough, her words a bit less breathless than their encounter down on the planet. He smiled as he sat across from her, and busying himself with unraveling a plastic fork (not a spork!) from its' napkin, he used it to gesture at the datapad she was keeping company with.

"You keep studying the ship on that thing, you'll end up knowing more about 'im than the captain."

His words were teasing, his easy smile pulling back the corners of his lips as his fork came down into the small pile of scrambled nuna eggs that'd been tossed with a myriad of finely diced vegetables.

Trinity Sundergotte
Feb 2nd, 2017, 03:57:37 AM
She felt embarrassment color her cheek brighter and clicked off the comm pad. "It seems a good idea, learning the ship. I mean, I'm not from a background that prepared me for this." She gestured to the ship as a whole and brushed hair back behind her ear from the few stray locks she had missed in her ponytail. "I guess it just gives me something to do so I am not alone in my quarters wondering what life will toss at me next."

She watched him eat and smiled. She had managed to corral a bowl of soup from the cook earlier and was glad there was an opportunity to do so between meals if need be. "So I take it the shuttle is all buttoned up? What's on your agenda next? If you need any help, I'm not half bad behind the stick or with a wrench. Though I admit pointing out what to do gets me going a lot faster than telling me to go do something. I fear the actual names of most of the gear on a ship are a mystery to me still. But if you point at something, I can assure you I can take it out and replace it within specs." She laughed wondering just how stupid that had made her sound.

Her father had taught her about the shuttles they had at home, and the couple speeders. But she had no head for nomenclature and his quips of, "Just go remove the large silver thing you scraped your knuckles on last week," seemed to work better than "Grab the power coupling box and replace in the number five compartment."

She took another sip of her juice and wondered what he must think of this helpless civilian riding around the galaxy on the coat tails of his Captain.

Jeremy Varin
Feb 3rd, 2017, 02:41:24 AM
There was a small bit of silence, as he quickly shoveled a few forkfuls of nuna eggs and diced vegetables into his mouth.

"Shuttle's all good," he finally reassured after swallowing.

"Not much to do now, though."

Another hurried bite.

"Already did my reports, so all the paperwork is done."

His fork paused then midway between his plate and his mouth, as he had the dawning notion that she was hoping for an opening. The fork lowered, until it rejoined the scrambled mass that it'd been so previously torn from.

"I suppose... " he let hi eyes move up, to lock his gaze with hers.

"... I guess I could give you a tour? I can put off my briefings with the squadron heads if you want."

Another strange thought, "... unless you want to meet them."

Trinity Sundergotte
Feb 9th, 2017, 12:45:05 AM
Small talk had never been something Trin had excelled in. The meager yammering about weather, fashion and the latest pastries the cook had made seemed mundane and boring to her as she was growing up. And here she was, with a man 'worth' speaking to, and all she could do was yammer. When he said he was done and there wasn't much left to do, she merely nodded and took another sip of her drink. When he asked if she wanted to join him to meet the squadron heads, she almost choked. "Me... meet the..." a color covered her cheeks that was nothing to do with the idea that touring the ship with him seemed like a nice way to spend some time. "No, I couldn't. Please. Don't worry about me." She bit her lip now as she realized she was stammering.

"I am sorry, Jeremy. I am here at the whim and as a guest of the Captain. I am sure the supervisors of the ship care not whether I am here or there as long as I am not underfoot. I would rather not make a big deal of it." There was a small plea in her voice as she spoke. She had no idea why she was really here or what she would be doing come morning. The idea of facing people in charge and not knowing answers to such questions scared her more than the idea of the Hunters jumping from her berthing locker to attack her. "I wouldn't mind a tour. When your business is finished for the time being, I mean. I mean, duty has to come first no matter who is lingering... yes?" She looked down at her glass, now rolling between her fingers as she realized she sounded tremendously silly and probably a bit dense. So much for impressing the man...

Jeremy Varin
Feb 9th, 2017, 12:55:29 PM
Chewing thoughtfully, Varin watched her, listening as she spoke. There was a strange familiarity to the message she was conveying to what the captain herself often spoke of; this notion of only still being about due to the kindness of those above her, and he couldn't help but wonder if Captain s'Ilancy's race were all like this. Like some sort of demure individuals that saw themselves as existing only for the enjoyments of those they saw above them. It was a strange notion, and one that he never quite fully ascribed to. A man or woman existing only to serve? To him it was preposterous.

He swallowed then, glad for the change in food styles. If one thing was for certain, the Kaleesh cook had been a welcome and wondrous replacement of the autochef that had always only handed out reconstituted muck under the guise of 'food'.

"I'm gonna give you a bit of advice, yeah?"

His tone was gentle, but encouraging.

"Let some steel grow in your spine. The Captain doesn't take on passengers lightly; about the only ones she lets aboard are those she is asked to escort to one planet or another. If she's brought you aboard, there's a reason, and she sees something in you that you don't see yourself."

An encouraging smile then, as he gathered another forkful of steaming, flavorful Kaleesh homecooking.

"So. What would you like to see first?"

Trinity Sundergotte
Feb 11th, 2017, 01:59:19 PM
As the words to 'grow a spine' hit her ears, Trinity frowned slightly, her jaw clenching. No one had ever accused her of being spineless and the connotation irritated her. As he continued, she realized the words were coming from a place of kindness, not insult. She looked down a moment at her nearly empty drink and nodded at the assurance.

When Trinity looked back up, she nodded. "I'm sorry, you're right. I guess isolation, even around others, has made me realize just how much of the galaxy I don't know about." She laughed slightly at the idea that she wasn't a child, but times like this made her feel like one.

"I guess I'm just a little overwhelmed, is all. Give me a bit of time and I imagine you'll regret pulling me from my shell." She have him a teasing wink and relaxed a bit. "And as a step in that direction, I'd love to see the ship. I've never been on one so I'm not even sure where to begin. But perhaps checking in with your superiors might be a good place to start."

She wouldn't keep him from his duties, and if she wad going to be here a while, might as well meet who she can while given the chance. As she finished her drink and set it on her own tray, she smiled. "Seclusion is a survival instinct with us, Jeremy. And it's going to take me a while to realize I'm not alone anymore, nor is danger lurking around every corner of the ship. I just hope you'll kick me back in my place of I forget that."

The last thing she wanted to do was alienate the one person who had actually reached out to her.

Jeremy Varin
Feb 27th, 2017, 01:09:32 PM
Jeremy gave an understanding smile as he swallowed another forkful of his meal.

"We all have our crosses to bear," he answered with a cryptic grin.

"Though I think that I'll forego the kicking and simply settle for flicking your ear."

But, there was certainly a fair amount of curiosity at the presence of the woman, not to mention she herself. He'd never known the Captain in the early days, so any comparison between the two was useless for him.

Nearly finished, Jeremy speared a piece of crispy tuber.

"So then. You didn't get out much while growing up, then?"

Trinity Sundergotte
Feb 27th, 2017, 11:22:41 PM
Mentally storing the idea to ask him someday about his 'cross', Trinity laughed. Her hands went up to cover her ears a moment as she grinned. "Something tells me that's just as unpleasant."

Until she had laughed and get body had relaxed, the tipping shifter wasn't even aware how uptight she had been. When Jeremy commented on her cloistered living arrangements growing up, she couldn't help but smile. "You don't travel the galaxy all willy-nilly when a simple thing like your name on a pleasure cruise roster could get you and everyone around you slain." It was a heavy admittance, but in the light of the eating room, with her present companion, the topic didn't seem as ominous as it usually did. Talking about the Hunters seemed easier when she knew they were not going to be coming thru the door any moment.

"The only travel I had done before ending up where you met me, was a few clicks from the manor. And even those excursions were few and far between. And never without an escort. And I could name on one hand the people outside the family circle that knew or secret. Even most of the staff were oblivious." She shrugged like it was nothing and laughed slightly. "Not exactly a grand topic of conversation."

Realizing she was blabbering, she tilted her head curiously and narrowed her eyes. "So how about you," she smiled, "anything interesting in your childhood? I imagine you traveled all over and got into all kinds of mischief while doing it."

Realizing she nearly called him by his first name made her stammer a moment as she asked him. She hoped he wouldn't notice. She wasn't sure if his rank or least name since the Captain gag merely called him Jeremy the one time she spoke to him in her presence. The rest of the time she'd refrained from any title or name at all.

Jeremy Varin
Feb 28th, 2017, 01:36:15 AM
"Nothing too interesting, I'm afraid," he let out with a light laugh. "Born in the Core, first in my family to actually leave home."

It was a rather large whitewashing of what had actually happened; after all, who would ever admit to being one of Vader's pilots? It was just one of those things that a man spent the rest of his life atoning for. Well, a man with a conscious, at least.

Another bite, and he chewed thoughtfully before swallowing.

"Nowdays I play chauffeur, collect antique pocket chronos, and spend my off-days watching old cartoons while eating cereal."

He gave a wink.

"Lothcat Charms are the best."

Trinity Sundergotte
Feb 28th, 2017, 03:36:49 AM
Trinity laughed. "So we're both fairly new to space. Well it's a good thing you've been out here longer than me. I doubt I would have found the ship."

She shook her head with a slightly blank expression. "Never seen 'cartoons', old or new. And I have no idea what 'Lothcat Charms' are." She laughed slightly realizing just how sheltered she had been. "And I've heard of the old chrono time pieces. My father had one, though it didn't work. Supposedly the two sticks, 'hands' he called them, were supposed to move around in circles pointing over and over to the different numbers. But they hadn't moved since his great grandfather's time." She shrugged. She never understood why her father found a broken object so fascinating.

"As to playing chauffeur, I promise not to take up too much of your time. Since I have nowhere I need to be taken. But if you don't mind being a guide for a horribly sheltered young lady, at least when you aren't busy with your hobbies," she smiled again, "I certainly wouldn't mind learning more about the things I've missed."

Where she had suddenly gotten a fit of boldness from, she had no idea. And she was suddenly certain she'd played on his kindness too much. She half expected him to say 'Sure...sometime...' and excuse himself to his given duties.

Jeremy Varin
Mar 7th, 2017, 12:23:11 AM
A cryptic smile as she spoke of them both being new to space. No real need to correct her, and so Jeremy simply let the matter be. As it was, he was almost sure that if he did, she'd lose the confidence that she seemed to begin showing. He would be damned if he muddled that one up.

It was when she spoke about her father's chrono that his interest was fully held. He instantly forgot the fact that she'd admitted to not seeing cartoons... or even eaten Lothcat Charms. Small tubers, now. His eyes focused on only her as he leaned slightly forward, resting his weight on an elbow.

"I could look at it, you know. Might even be able to get it working again."

Trinity Sundergotte
Aug 29th, 2017, 01:14:56 AM
She crossed her arms and pressed her weight on them. The mirror to his set, though not as far forward, was almost teasing. She wasn't aware she was doing it, which made it almost childlike. "That old chrono?" She laughed thinking he was pulling her leg. "Well, I think I could part with it long enough to let you see it. But I'm pretty sure it can't be 'fixed'." She wanted to know what a true, working time piece was like, but something in her told her the old antique was beyond saving.

Then she had an idea. "I will make you a deal, you introduce me to something new and unique, your choice, and I will let you try and fix the time piece." She was pretty sure even something along the lines of trying a new food or watching some kind of holo she had never seen before would be more than sufficient an exchange, but she hoped the small challenge would make him think of something he liked the most. Something in Trin was giving her a curious streak she never knew she had. And right now, her curiosity in the man before her seemed to be what took up her mind.

Jeremy Varin
Sep 17th, 2017, 07:20:11 PM
It was an interesting proposal, and one that he already knew that he'd take. The notion of getting his hands on an old Lupine chrono was too good to pass up, and Jeremy couldn't help the smile. He also couldn't help but notice the lean-in, and with a blink of his eyes, he made a show of thinking on her offer.

"Well, I do think that something can be arranged, then." his voice rumbled good-naturedly.

Still though, there were other things to consider, and experience had taught him to be careful. He kept his smile genial, though inwardly he could not help the concern. Here was a girl, still so young, thrust out into the galaxy with not much of anything to call her own now. And if she was not careful, then she'd hitch her cart to the wrong horse.

"How about we start with the simple things, then, yeh? You ever had home-cooked Kaleesh food?"

Trinity Sundergotte
Sep 22nd, 2017, 01:50:14 AM
At his acceptance of the agreement, she leaned back slightly as her mind registered how she was poised. At his query about the strange food, she managed not to wrinkle her nose as he bit her lip and her brow furrowed a moment in thought. "I hate to admit, but I have no idea what or who a Kaleesh is. So I think it's safe to say the answer is no." The word rang a slight bell in the back of her mind. Whether she knew it from conversations or teachings, she wasn't sure. But she did know it wasn't a vast enough knowledge that she had retained it.

But as part of her announced her ignorance, another part of her sighed. There was so very, very much she was ignorant of. The last few days had shown her more of the galaxy and the worlds within them than her entire life had shown her. Being cloistered up, hidden away, for that is now what she realized it was, had not been for any other reason than the love and protection her parents had tried to provide. The trouble, now, was... she was literally, and figuratively, adrift in space with no compass to point her 'north' and no person to guide her.

... well, perhaps except for Jeremy...

But then her mind waxed and waned over the knowledge that while she was intrigued by him and his knowledge, not to mention his good looks, she was certain he wasn't going to go for a woman who had no knowledge of anything short of her own limited history.

Jeremy Varin
Sep 24th, 2017, 12:45:19 PM
"Well then."

Words spoken with the beginnings of a smile, as he plucked up the remainder of the flatbread on his plate. With his other hand, he speared a small helping of smoked morapeas and creamed curry sauce. A small chunk of grilled nuna was added, deposited with everything into the folded flatbread. A dash of lightly colored pakara chutney was placed atop, and with a reassuring expression, Jeremy held the small offering to her.

"Give it a try."

A wink.

"It's delicious, and a lot better than that pre-packaged food you were eating just a little bit ago."

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 1st, 2017, 03:15:17 AM
Trinity watched him prepare the small feast on a bit of bread and laughed as he handed it to her. Taking the rather messy concoction and getting a better grip on it, a morepea slid back in as it tried to escape, she turned her head sideways and looked at him with a sly grin on her face. "Don't knock the pre-packaged. It's not horrible."

Taking a tentative bite had been the plan. The trouble was, the sandwich had a minds of its own. As more and more began to fall towards her mouth as the bread was bitten, Trin ended up taking quite a bite. Finally pulling it away, part of what was left dropping between sticky fingers to the plate before her, she managed to chew and swallow it before a small fit of coughing hit her. "That's.... cough... spicy... cough..." she managed between breaths and grabbed the cup of water, grateful it hadn't been drained, and took a sip hoping it would ease the burning she wasn't used to as it settled on her tongue.

She laughed and tried to balance the remaining bite in her other hand as she coughed. "Definitely an acquired taste..." The chutney and spices overwhelming her simple pallet like fire to the hand left her eyes tearing slightly as she managed to regain control and looked at him. "And I'll finish because I'm polite." She laughed, took a deep breath and managed the final bite to finish what was in her hand, minus what had fallen on the plate. She reached once more for the water, slightly confused why the drink didn't seem to help much at all. "Ok, I'm officially a twit." She managed between coughs once more with a near comical look on her face as her eyes teared and her cheeks reddened from the heat.

Jeremy Varin
Nov 17th, 2017, 01:10:14 PM
An understanding smile, and Jeremy leaned back in his seat as his free hand grasped his own water glass, bringing it up for a quick sip.

"It's a shade better than the processed muck we used to have to eat here," memories of that horrid ration food was still fresh in his mind, and probably the minds of many other of the crew.

"But I suppose you're right; it can be an acquired taste if you're not used to eating food with the sorts of spices our cook uses."

The water was set back on the table.

"Though, I suppose that begs the question of what all you've been eating since before now?"

Trinity Sundergotte
Nov 17th, 2017, 01:31:03 PM
While part of her was embarrassed for her response to the spicy food, she was also grateful he didn't chide her about it. As she leaned back in her own seat, sipping her water a bit more than him, she smiled. "I suppose just regular food." She shrugged and thought about it. "Mother loved sauces. Said it made the food taste better in ways simple spices couldn't. And we had lots of meat. The locals supplied most of our food since father was overseer of the region."

Remembering her parents and running out in the funeral made her pause. Something passed momentarily behind her eyes but then was gone. She smiled once more. "And I'm glad you have something better to eat. The last few weeks I've only had the rations on my ship while I was hunting for..." she paused once more but this time not out of sadness. "I guess while I was looking for this...my past. And I guess my future as well."

Jeremy Varin
Nov 20th, 2017, 12:38:19 PM
He allowed a reassuring smile to cut his features once more, and with a shrug ran his fork through the last bit of his lunch. One final spearful of curried nuna, and a few morapeas were deposited in his mouth, and Jeremy chewed thoughtfully. This girl was certainly a strange one, but if the Captain was any indication, there was a pretty decent divide between Lupines and the rest of the galaxy that was at times perilous to build a bridge across. There'd been enough times when he'd had to explain a simple joke, and by now he was used to the funny looks that Captain s'Ilancy occasionally sent his way.

Perhaps such serious notions were written into Lupine DNA? It would explain a lot.

"Well, we all have our personal crusades that sometimes cause us to make sacrifices I suppose."

Trinity Sundergotte
Feb 6th, 2018, 03:06:37 AM
She laughed as he spoke of crusades. "I suppose we do. But I am glad my crusade doesn't include ship rations for the next year." She smiled and set her nearly empty glass down and looked at him. "I don't want to keep you, Jeremy. But I do hope you will indulge me again soon. I'm guessing it's pretty obvious I don't know anyone else." She tried to laugh it off, but it had dawned on her that this could be a lonely and long trip. She certainly wasn't going to go whining to the Captain if she felt a need for someone to talk to.

"And I promise not to be a pest." She added in case he was feeling she was asking for a caretaker. But while she had joined him originally because she was glad for someone to talk to, she had stayed because she liked him. And she couldn't remember the last time she cared for someone other than family. It was a good feeling that left the lupine in her almost purring in pleasure. Perhaps if he were near, even rarely, she would net feel the need to hunt and roam.

"Maybe in a few nights? Dinner again if you aren't busy?" She didn't want to tie him to a definite, so making it vague seemed the safest bet.

Jeremy Varin
Feb 9th, 2018, 12:23:42 PM
"Well, that's the nice thing about being a glorified taxi driver, Ma'am," a wink accompanied his words, "... I've got a lot of free time."

But he hadn't forgotten about the watch, and Jeremy leaned an elbow on the table in an almost cavalier fashion.

"Not to mention, I've got that watch of yours to fix."

Trinity Sundergotte
Feb 9th, 2018, 01:22:47 PM
She felt the heat rise on her cheeks once more as he leaned in closer. She nodded and smiled back at him. "Yes... you do." She moved her hand down to her lap to keep from reaching out to touch him. Part of her wanted to remain close to him, closer than even they were now. But she was sure it was merely him being nice. She had time. Perhaps in time she would be able to see where they were heading.

She hoped he wasn't going to just be her 'glorified taxi driver'. Slowly scooting her seat back, she smiled once more. "I hope I will see you soon, Jeremy." She rose and reluctantly turned to head for her quarters. If she didn't, chances are she would do something to embarrass herself.