PDA

View Full Version : Dendra Tess

Dendra Tess
Nov 3rd, 2016, 01:49:27 PM
Dendra Tess
24 :: Human/None/None :: Historian
Currently on: Khar Delba

Character Background

Dendra was raised on Empress Teta by her grandfather after her mother and father were mysteriously murdered.
By the time she was seventeen, she had already graduated through several historical societies and became a curator at her grandfather's library and museum.
She is descended from a noble line, her predecessors having a place among a number of historically significant events more often associated with the Republic and Jedi of old.
While Force sensitive, her grandfather discouraged cultivating her gifts; which, predominantly, revolve around visions. It is now known that he did this in order to protect her from iniquitous beings looking to profit from secrets harbored by the Tess lineage.
One such evil eventually thwarted her grandfather's attempts to keep her hidden. She has been taken from Empress Teta for the purpose of deciphering ancient clues left by her ancestors; the keys necessary to unlock artifacts that have been said to change the tides of war.

Raw Material

On the eve of her abduction, Dendra was given an amulet by her grandfather; an ornamentation that lifted the seal on her mostly untapped abilities.
Her unorthodox appearance has contributed to her outcast status among her peers, assuring that Dendra grew up as a very solitary individual. Recently, after being exposed to the crew members of the Black Wyvern, she has adopted a more social attitude for the sole purpose of learning more about her captors.
Whether it be because of her encounter with Hawkins Grime or the presence of the amulet she wears, Dendra's dreams have become steadily more prophetic in nature. Oftentimes, she has seen ghostly figures living out distant memories in the periphery of her subconscious.
While Dendra herself is ultimately responsible for her grandfather's death, she blames Hawkins Grime. Her direction is now to develop her powers and one day, destroy him with them.
Even though she loathes being around Grime, she is intrigued by the notion of visiting ancient worlds to reclaim artifacts rumored to be in direct connection with her fabled family. She intends to escape but is also bound to her path by her curiosity.

Plot Ideas

Sneaking off from the Black Wyvern when docked somewhere not uninhabited could be interesting. I can't say that her captor will be too pleased with whoever she encounters, however. Buuuut, what he doesn't know won't hurt him!
Meeting friends of her family would be very interesting. Her mother was a Jedi who severed ties with them upon discovering that she was pregnant. Her father was a pilot for the New Republic.
Considering the adventuring that is in order, she will need to do some shopping. Anyone know any stores that keep a supply of rugged outdoor gear in gothic fashion?
I would be interested to have Dendra meet Force users from various factions, for enlightenment purposes.
Anyone that can arm her against Hawkins Grime would be splendid.

Existing Relationships

Ademus Tess - Grandfather, deceased, was her guardian and father figure until his untimely death.
Eivor Tess and Feros Aurek - Mother and Father, deceased. Both of her parents were killed before she was old enough to know them.
Hawkins Grime - captor, faithful tormentor. She hates him more than she can remember ever hating any number of things combined. He is using her to find lost artifacts of the Tess legacy and she is cooperating, in hopes of using them against him when they are discovered.
Morrolan e'Drain - pilot of the Black Wyvern and probably one of the only members of Grime's crew that she doesn't outright despise fully.
Orar - a pest that seems to enjoy reveling in her torment.
Averre - one of the Black Wyvern's crew members that Dendra genuinely likes.

Current Plots

What you wish for - Dendra Tess is taken from Empress Teta by Grime and crew.
Ice and Fire, Death and Fury - Dendra is exploring the ruins of an ancient Sith citadel on Khar Delba.

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D (http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?act=idx)

Sianna
Nov 3rd, 2016, 03:22:33 PM
Looking forward to trading notes with a fellow historian. :) I won't be far.

Dendra Tess
Nov 4th, 2016, 10:43:26 AM
I am sure I could learn a great deal from you, my lady.