PDA

View Full Version : Diego Torres

Diego Torres
Oct 26th, 2016, 04:00:27 PM
Diego Torres
38 :: Kiffar/Bounty Hunters' Guild/Ragnar Syndicate :: Bounty Hunter
Currently on: Tatooine

Character Background

While Diego is a Kiffar, he was born offworld and shortly thereafter left at the Lightwind Orphanage in Bestine, Tatooine.
The orphanage was poorly managed until a significant donation came through, providing all of the children staying there better accomodations and opportunities. With his affinity for tracking, bolstered by his innate Kiffar abilities, Diego soon developed a passion for sleuthing.
Once he came of age, he left the orphanage and began rubbing shoulders with an assortment of lawful characters that could offer him an 'in' with the sector rangers. Given the cooperative nature of the profession, after only a few short years he left the force and took up more solo work as a freelance bounty hunter.
Diego eventually found himself contracted by the Ragnar Syndicate for his rather unique approach to the hunt, as well as his success rate in bringing in targets alive.

Raw Material

Diego occasionally catches fragmented memories from touching the living, a rarity among Kiffar. It is not a talent he readily pursues, having glimpsed a great many terrible things. It is more of a curse than a gift. Thus, he seldom removes his gloves around people unless working.
He is an avid reader and has always enjoyed the subject of history, perhaps because his own family history remains a mystery. What credits he doesn't spend on living expenses are often saved for the purchase of rare heirlooms, tomes, and other historical items he stores in his underground home on Tatooine.
He still visits the Lightwind Orphanage, making donations and helping with repairs.
While most of the contracts he takes revolve around bringing in a target alive, he is not above killing; however, it must be absolutely necessary. Needless death is sloppy and more often than not doesn't pay as well.

Plot Ideas

It might be interesting if one of our more diabolical characters on the forum took advantage of his ability to use psychometry on the living; maybe even training him against his will and using them to their own gain.
I'm open to any casual meetings with friends that might have been from the same orphanage, in close relations with the Bounty Hunters' Guild, or new acquaintances.
Rivalry could be interesting, albeit a bit one sided. Most might find his easy-going attitude insufferable. Occasional partnerships are also possible.

Existing Relationships

Dallas Black - fellow bounty hunter, long time friend
Li Ho Fook - another fellow bounty hunter. Currently on a mission together on Tatooine.
Molly Black - an old acquaintance, ran a job together way back when.

Current Plots

https://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?57218-Home-Advantage - Home Advantage: Diego is currently on a mission on Tatooine.

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D (http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?act=idx)

Blacktung
Oct 26th, 2016, 09:41:15 PM
Praise the Gods, another respectable tracker among my Guild brothers! I request a glorious adventure into the durocrete wilderness to track the most dangerous beast; man. Verily, no obstacle can stop us.

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2016, 12:34:41 AM
I could definitely use a hunter like you.

Li Ho Fook
Oct 27th, 2016, 08:08:29 AM
Dag, yo, glad to see another BH Guild member, dawg! Mad props to you for bein' a team player, homie. Playas who don't follow guild rules is mad whack, know'm'sayin?

Diego Torres
Oct 27th, 2016, 08:27:15 AM
Glorious adventure, you say? Count me in.

Mr. Prent, if you're ever of a mind to discuss business, the guild knows how to contact me.

I think... I am beginning to process what you said, yes. *tips hat* Perhaps we'll meet soon?

Molly Black
Oct 27th, 2016, 12:22:07 PM
Mr. Torres, I think we should have a conversation. :mischief

Diego Torres
Oct 27th, 2016, 12:28:39 PM
Miss Black, delightful to see you again. Dare I hope we will be heading out on another joint mission, soon?

Molly Black
Oct 27th, 2016, 12:46:51 PM
Sounds like just the sort of shake up I don't need, so yes!!!

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2016, 02:01:49 PM
We're having a conversation already, Molly. Besides, believe you've got enough work to do without investing in a new hobby.

Molly Black
Oct 27th, 2016, 02:37:59 PM
Oh? You wanted a piece of Kiffar too? Go ahead. ;)