PDA

View Full Version : Aleksander Tarkov

Aleksander Tarkov
Oct 1st, 2016, 10:33:32 PM
ALEKSANDER TARKOV

24 :: Human/Galactic Empire/Imperial Knights/Army :: Wayland Irregulars/Future Imperial Stormtrooper

Currently in: Wayland, Mid-Rim

Character Background

Raw Material

[*=left]Aleksander was born in a mountain settlement on Wayland, not far from the abandoned Imperial Research Station 61.
[*=left]The inhabitants of the settlement, which had been founded by a group consisting of retired Imperial Stormtroopers, their families and a collection of Wayland natives, are relatively primitive by galactic standards, lacking in most of the comforts many take for granted.
[*=left]This, however, when coupled with the isolation of the remote mountain ranges, has made them a steadfast and hardy people.
[*=left]Staunchly Imperial in their values, despite being cut off from most of the Empire, the townsfolk formed a group of militia that came to be known as the Wayland Irregulars.
[*=left]Clad in both Republic Clone Trooper and Stormtrooper armor passed down through generations, accented with their own personal touches, such as furs and additional layers for warmth, the Irregulars are superb troops in rough terrain, able to traverse paths that many would consider suicidal.
[*=left]Aleksander joined the Irregulars at the age of seventeen, eager to prove himself in the eyes of his relatives and peers, proving to be an excellent soldier.

Plot Ideas

[*=left]
Perhaps a joint Stormtrooper and Imperial Knight detachment is sent to the colony to re-establish the old connection with the Empire. It could fall on the day a group of would-be marauders are unlucky enough to attack the settlement, with the Imperial troops bolstering the Irregulars in the defense. This could impress Aleksander into offering his services to the Corps or Knghts. - Credit to Jarvan for this AWESOME idea

[*=left]Join the Imperial Stormtroopers and work alongside the Knights in that capacity.
[*=left]
...soldiers interacting with some of the inexperienced Knight Cadets. - Credit to Baastian, this sounds very fun. Aleksander will have been part of the Irregulars for 7 years at this point, so won't be short on experience. He will also have wilderness survival skills that he can pass on to soldiers and Cadets alike.

[*=left]Working with/joining Jarvan's unit
[*=left]Other than that, I'm very open to ideas

Personality & Other Traits

[*=left]Hardy and stubborn, with relentless determination and loyalty to those he fights with.
[*=left]Often seen as moody, but in reality is a calculating individual. Growing up in an environment where matters of life and death were frequent occurrences, Alek knows the value of thinking before acting.
[*=left]Could easily be seen as primitive or savage by many Imperials. Carries a hand-axe and an ice-pick with him at all times, regardless of regulation. Similarly, he will continue to wear a Phase-II Clone Trooper helmet, an heirloom that has been in his family for generations, along with a pelt worn in a similar manner as a pauldron.

Existing Relationships

[*=left]Will fill in this section as I write his first thread, as it will probably be filled with Irregulars.

Current Plots
Where wild things dare not tread - https://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?57168-Where-wild-things-dare-not-tread-(Imperials-Invite-PM)
Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D (http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?act=idx)

Baastian Cain
Oct 1st, 2016, 10:41:56 PM
Since you're calling him a future Knight Cadet, I'm guessing he's Force-sensitive? Does he know it yet, or will that be discovered later? There are regular army and navy personnel who serve with the Imperial Knights as their grunt forces, so he could well serve with the Knights some time before he's discovered as an adept. Once he's discovered, he'll be required to begin training. It could be interesting if he gets to see the Knights in action from the perspective of a rank-and-file soldier before he becomes a cadet, but it all depends on how you want it to play out!

EDIT: I've been told you're not a Force User. Which is great, we need more meatshields loyal soldiers of the Empire to balance out the ranks! One thing I'd love to see is some veteran soldiers interacting with some of the inexperienced Knight Cadets. Knights are expected to take command of Imperial forces on the battlefield, but many of our cadets have no prior military experience. It would be interesting to see how grizzled veterans take to a teenager like Onika Zepparah trying to issue commands when she has only a vague idea of what she's doing.

Jarvan Trask
Oct 1st, 2016, 10:44:24 PM
Perhaps a joint Stormtrooper and Imperial Knight detachment is sent to the colony to re-establish the old connection with the Empire. It could fall on the day a group of would-be marauders are unlucky enough to attack the settlement, with the Imperial troops bolstering the Irregulars in the defense. This could impress Aleksander into offering his services to the Corps or Knghts.

Jarvan here is a Sergeant in the Corps and is frequently deployed alongside the Imperial Knights. So if your character is a non-force user who wants to serve alongside the Knights, Jarvan's unit is the place to be.

Rossos Atrapes
Oct 1st, 2016, 10:45:41 PM
The story potential of having a Knight crash land or arrive on Wayland and working with Aleksander is amazing.

Really, it's about how you want to tell his story. Does he get off planet and join the Stormtroopers? Does the Empire come to Wayland? If he leaves, what sort of adventures will he have on the way to the Knights? I have to stop before I get sidetracked off my own plots.

Aleksander Tarkov
Oct 1st, 2016, 10:47:14 PM
@ Baastian: I was just discussing this very line of thought with Kaman!

[9:38:30 PM] Sam: Did you see my uncertainty regarding profession?
[9:38:37 PM] Kaman: Yup, lol.
[9:38:53 PM] Sam: Reckon the Knights would need/want a Stormie working with them?
[9:39:31 PM] Kaman: IIRC, he wouldn't be the only former stormie.
[9:39:44 PM] Kaman: Though I can't recall who is/are the other one(s).
[9:39:47 PM] Sam: Dan's a Stormie
[9:39:54 PM] Kaman: Ah, right.
[9:40:07 PM] Sam: I'm talking having Alek be an NFU
[9:40:36 PM] Kaman: Ahh.... IKs are entirely FUs, I think. I think.
[9:41:11 PM] Kaman: They're pretty much the replacement of the Inquisitors.
[9:41:14 PM] Sam: Yeah I think so too, I mean an NFU attached to the Knights in a support role
[9:41:42 PM] Sam: Like, with the Irregulars, he won't pass as a Stormie due to the diluted training techniques
[9:41:58 PM] Sam: So he'd be more discreet...
[9:42:09 PM] Sam: Especially when interacting with other FU's
[9:42:47 PM] Sam: They'd have no reason to suspect him, he would have no aura like any other NFU, and he wouldn't ACT like an imperial

I'm completely rewriting this character from what he was elsewhere (A Stormtrooper turned Darktrooper who ended up commanding the 501st), so I'm still unsure as to what direction I want to take him. He was staunchly anti-FU in the previous incarnation so that's going to have to go out of the window either way.

I've tied my brain up in knots >.<

EDIT: Okay, so I'm deciding against the Knight Cadet idea. I've written him for so long as an NFU I can't imagine him any other way. So I'm going to go down the NFU Stormtrooper but working alongside (or under, more accurately) the Knights.

@Jarvan, I LOVE that idea. Fighting alongside actual Stormtroopers would feel like destiny to the Irregulars. I'm 100% down for that.

@Rossos, I think the Empire coming back to Wayland seems like the way to go so far.

@All: Wow, thank you all for the massive response! I'mma need a minute or three to let things sink in and pick a plan!

Rossos Atrapes
Oct 1st, 2016, 11:14:10 PM
You wouldn't have to get rid of his dislike/distrust of Force Users; it seems like an interesting sort of conflict to have when working with the Knights and such, and a progression from dislike to admiration or tolerance would be a good sort of subplot.

Aleksander Tarkov
Oct 1st, 2016, 11:18:42 PM
That's a very good point. If the settlement has been isolated for as long as I think it has in my head, then it would make sense the Imperial-supporters there would still hold the anti-FU values brought about by the dawn of the Empire.

Jezekel
Oct 2nd, 2016, 06:57:47 AM
This Stormtrooper could be part of a unit that finds Aleksander's village and being Mandalorian from Gargon, they have some things in common as far as culture and outlook. :D I'd love to be a part of that at least.

Daniel Aldan
Oct 2nd, 2016, 10:27:52 AM
I would love for Daniel to meet Alek. He is in the minority as far as Cadets who have served in the Imperial military first, so he and Alek would certainly have a little in common.

Aleksander Tarkov
Oct 2nd, 2016, 12:26:44 PM
Ahhhh I love you all :D

@Jezekel and Dan, can't wait to have Alek meet you both!
@Dan, will be good to have him fighting alongside one of your characters again, brother, it's been too long!

@All, I'm going to set something up for us all! All of you are welcome

EDIT: THREAD IS UP!

https://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?57168-Where-wild-things-dare-not-tread-(Imperials-Invite-PM)

Jezekel
Oct 9th, 2016, 03:53:58 AM
Is anyone else joining? Otherwise, I was going to continue posting with Alek.

Damien Kantrael
Oct 12th, 2016, 08:18:25 PM
Perhaps you would like a devil on your other shoulder? I could send a recruiter to Wayland to interact with the Irregulars and the colony. It's ripe for recruitment. The Sons of Coruscant embody all the old timey Imperial ideals and beliefs that the Wayland colony would remember or heard of in tale. Military power and absolute control above all else. Tarkin doctrine and all that.

My idea is that after the conclusion of the Imperial intervention with the Irregulars that they return to the colony to find that since Alek and the Irregulars have been home last a Sons of Coruscant recruiter showed up and began harvesting the impressionable souls. They could have already moved bodies off world to join the terrorist group. The recruiter could get a chance to try and recruit Alek and then it's up to the writers to decide what happens. He could kick him off world or kill him or whatever. Obviously if the Imperials find out the Sons of Coruscant are there, they will go on a witch hunt immediately.

Hell, the Sons could have been the ones that riled up the "Marauders" and sent them to crush the Irregulars and create strife so that they could appear as saviors bringing aid and protection through affiliation with the Sons.