PDA

View Full Version : Hi again! Been a while. Looking to come back!

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 24th, 2016, 06:16:21 PM
Hi everyone!

It's been a little while. I miss writing, and would like to write again.

Anyone got any threads they would like us to finish from a long time ago, or would like to do something new?

Anything major events I need to know about since I posted last? I'm reading through some threads in my limited time, but a summary would not go amiss.

I have one thread I started, The Forge, to re-introduce Wei. I had labeled it Council, but I'm going to change the tag to open. Anyone who would like to see what the new building is or where it came from is welcome to find out. :)

The Forge is to help Jedi create weapons by building synthetic crystals and giving the Jedi a place (other than the Library) where the Force can be easily focused in order to build lightsabers. Wei will likely start spending the majority of his time here from now on.

Other than that, I don't have many plans for him right now. I'm just looking for people to write with. :)

Karkoon
Sep 24th, 2016, 06:46:16 PM
Would Wei be interested in helping this character, Karkoon, forged a lightsabre? Karkoon has no master and has had no official training at all, but I feel that he is in need of the classic Jedi weapon in order to fulfill his quest of defending the galaxy against the horrors of the night. I'm unsure if the current Jedi Order has any explicit rules about when padawans get their lightsabres, but seeing as how Karkoon is a matured entity, and one that lives for hundreds of years, and has already filled the role of a warrior, he is a bit more equipped to handle a lightsabre compared to a fresh faced teenage padawan.

A lightsabre is really secondary to his character. He's not an aggressor but a defender, and employs an energy shield, so a lightsabre would be more a badge of his station and a weapon to be used when defense is not enough.

Or whatever, really. I want to do more stuff with this character, so if you want to do anything Jedi related with a hunk of sentient crystal that inhabits a droid suit let me know.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 24th, 2016, 06:55:39 PM
I would be willing to do that.

I admit, the forge idea was inspired by Star Wars: The Old Republic. I thought it might be fun to create lightsabers for training, and then allowing Knights and Masters use of the Forge to create their own lightsabers later. The training sabers would be full weapons, just forged by Wei rather than the Padawan. It would be a privilege/trial for mature Padawans.

I was going to have Wei submit his ideas to his fellow council members at some point.

Why not post to The Forge? We could start right away. :)

Xynn Mattox
Sep 24th, 2016, 07:10:25 PM
Oh hey.. A drunken Master.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 24th, 2016, 07:20:47 PM
Wei was once. He's sworn off alcohol, but who knows?