PDA

View Full Version : Tank

Tank
Jul 29th, 2016, 12:03:20 AM
CT-5542, aka "Tank"
Age 39 (15 years in cryo) :: Grand Army of the Republic :: Battalion Commander - 187th Legion
Currently on Hoth - Haven installation

Character Background

Served in the Clone Wars under General Windu and Commander s'Ilancy.
Veteran of campaigns on Dantooine, Ryloth, and the siege of Carshoulis.
Considered for ARC training, but rejected due to trace genetic abnormality.
His bio-control chip malfunctioned during Order 66, preventing him from carrying out the command. With General Windu killed and Commander s'Ilancy missing presumed dead, he had no opportunity to carry out the order anyway.
Disgusted at the aftermath of Order 66, Tank immediately deserted the GAR - now reformed into the Stormtrooper corps.
Eventually linked up with similar conscientious objector runaway clones and had his chip removed.
In the years before the Rebellion, Tank joined an underground network of wayward clones, trying to save their own.

Raw Material

Nickname given due to a problem that occurred early in his growth cycle that prolonged his gestation in his growth tank by a month. The abnormality resulted in no debilitating effects, which would have otherwise prompted the Kaminoans to destroy him. Nevertheless, he was the last of his batch out of his tank.
While his bio-chip didn't compel him to carry out Order 66 and was later removed, Tank still suffers extensive mental trauma because of it, including night terrors, PTSD, flashbacks, etc.
Has 34 grams of durasteel shrapnel still embedded in his body near his spine. It was unable to be removed without paralysis, and may set off metal detectors.
Still retains strong loyalty to Jedi, but that is complicated by the possibility of an Order 66 flashback.
Still bound by a strict code of duty and honor. If you're openly shady or evil, Tank wants no part of you.

Plot Ideas

Perhaps you were a participant in the clone wars and fought against or alongside Tank. A reunion would be interesting.
If you're above board, Tank is a proven leader and a sound tactician in ground combat.
Maybe you can help Tank get his head on straight.

Existing Relationships

None yet.

Current Plots

Ol'averde be Haar Mav (http://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?57026-Ol-averde-be-Haar-Mav-Crestmere) - a group of misfits free long-frozen prisoners of the Empire from Hoth.

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D (http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?act=idx)

Mace Riko
Jul 29th, 2016, 01:30:00 PM
Welcome back to the galaxy, brother.

If you ever find your way to Mandalore, look me up.

Tank
Aug 2nd, 2016, 11:37:24 PM
I had no idea any more of us were still around. Mace, huh? Were you in the 187th too?

Mace Riko
Mar 13th, 2017, 02:13:06 AM
Nah, never had the honour. I'm afraid you're talking to RC-1987. Republic Commando. One of those folks.

The name's a bit of a long story. Short version: the wife wanted a name to take, and to pass on to the kids. Felt weird for her to take the only one I had, so I wound up picking another. The guy with enough balls to try and take down Palpatine seemed like a solid start.

Made picking kid names for Saesee, Agen, and little Kit pretty easy, too. Can't fault a good naming convention, eh?