PDA

View Full Version : Dorian Argenus

Dorian Argenus
Jul 22nd, 2016, 01:57:35 AM
Dorian Argenus
29 :: Human/Alliance of Free Planets [eventually]/Alliance Intelligence [eventually]:: Operative
Currently in: Nar Shaddaa

Character Background

Dorian Argenus spent the majority of his youth moving in and out of foster homes, never knowing who his real family was; a growing obsession of his. After a particularly horrendous incident with one of his foster fathers, one that left him permanently scarred, he ditched the system and decided to raise himself on the streets of Nar Shaddaa.
While he hadn't expected his new way of life to be easy, he rapidly began to understand that the world, the universe, was full of abusive dirt bags just like his foster father. He grew up tough and learned an early appreciation for alcohol and drugs, reliable weapons, and trustworthy acquaintances.
He has taken on an assortment of work throughout various sectors of Nar Shaddaa; bodyguard, smuggler, dealer, informant, and even dockworker. Because of his general distrust of most people, very few individuals actually know the real him and he prefers to keep it that way. His use of aliases and third party interactions have kept him off the radar of most underworld tycoons around his turf.

Raw Material

While Dorian may seem like a happy-go-lucky individual, it is only because he allows himself to be seen as such. Beneath the blithe veneer, which is easily interchangeable with any semblance of his choosing, Dorian is a shrewd, distrusting, and snide individual with a tightly leashed but primed temper. He does not tolerate the abuse of women or children, attributed to his tribulations as a child, and will refuse any job that could foreseeably arrive at that end.
His particular requirements for the jobs he takes has established him a very modest living but a long list of owed favors which he intends to call in only if it would further his knowledge concerning his birth parents.
He has recently discovered that anyone who ever provided a home for him while he was still in the system has met with untimely ends. All of their deaths have been ruled as suicide or accidental; a peculiarity that has him eager to read the files which local authorities have kept under wraps.
Dorian is not uncomfortable with his current job situation but has always felt that he was meant for something more, something beyond Nar Shaddaa. Something nobler than the petty crimes barely managing to pay his way through life. Opportunity just hasn't seemed to come knocking.

Plot Ideas

Before Dorian leaves Nar Shaddaa, he will be retrieving some of the files on his former foster caretakers and discovering that their deaths were not accidental or suicide. Each death was an execution and the medical examiner has been paid or threatened to cover it up.
A friend has come calling and Dorian treads a very fine line between dark and light, torn between killing a particular individual so his evil no longer plagues the world of Nar Shaddaa or doing what is just and turning him over to the authorities.
Once he arrives at a decision on the above, he will leave Nar Shaddaa behind in pursuit of a career away from all he has known. He'll eventually have a run in with an Alliance representative who recognizes his skills and offers him a position in Alliance Intelligence.

Existing Relationships

Dorian Argenus has one long time acquaintance who he still keeps up with. Satkia Beltrak and Dorian's friendship extends back to childhood and she has served as a positive but definitely fun influence on his life. The truest part of himself reveals itself in her presence.
Orik Lassiter has been a decent friend since Dorian first walked into his bar. He often handles the third party role for Dorian's connections.
Laserra Minxene, Zeltron actress turned waitress, is one of Dorian's frequent romantic partners.
Anderic Fulsun is Dorian's former foster father, the man who is responsible for bludgeoning him in the face and scarring him. Dorian often contemplates killing the man, seeing as how whoever is knocking off his other guardians hasn't gotten around to it yet. Something always stops him, though.

Current Plots

The Darkest Hearts of Men - Dorian and Satkia meet after many years. She is responsible for a change in him.
What is Left of Good Intent - Dorian is set up to meet one of Orik's contacts to uncover more info about the murder of his foster families.

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D (http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?act=idx)

Molly Black
Jul 24th, 2016, 03:41:12 PM
Well, don't you just look like fun times! ;)

Ryloth Grimhammer
Jul 24th, 2016, 04:01:07 PM
"If'n you need some help getting that information, I can be of help. I work out of Nar Shaddaa and specialize in information acquisition. You got the credits and I'll get you what you need."

Satkia Beltrak
Jul 24th, 2016, 04:02:37 PM
*paws*

;)

Dorian Argenus
Jul 24th, 2016, 08:31:50 PM
Molly: Fun times, that's me. Want to make somethin' of it, sweets?

Ryloth: I've got credits and I'm eager to get started on this. The Leaky Tankard is my usual haunt. Care to meet?

Satkia: Hey, Red. Sure am glad you decided to drop in, even though you have a tendency to be a good influence.

Ryloth Grimhammer
Jul 24th, 2016, 09:05:35 PM
"I remember when the Leaky Tankard was the Hutt Queen. It was popular with the alien crowd then. Not so much now. I'll be there."