PDA

View Full Version : Atton Kira

Atton Kira
Jun 3rd, 2016, 08:49:04 PM
DOCTOR ATTON KIRA
50s :: The Exchange :: Information Broker / Barman @ Elysium
Currently on: Cloud City

Character Background

Atton's mother was Alderaani nobility; his father was (briefly) her second husband. Atton was raised by his father on Ord Radama until his death, at which time Atton moved back to Alderaan.
Served as an Intelligence Officer with the Republic during the Clone Wars. Retired/resigned when it became the Empire, and used his skills/knowledge to help Jedi refugees evade the Purge.
Worked for a while as a Holonet News reporter, using it as a cover to establish an information broker network.
Recently "sold" 50% of his network to Emelie Shadowstar, going into business to form The Exchange and it's front companies. Atton and Emelie invented "The Broker" as a mysterious figure to lead The Exchange, to disguise the fact that they were running it.

Raw Material

He has two half-siblings, one of whom is Sadie K'Vesh's mother.
Atton refers to himself as Doctor Atton Kira. No one is entirely sure what he is a doctor of; and he usually lies if asked.
Atton is a puppet master, quietly orchestrating "coincidences" in the lives of others. Though his manipulations are usually for the benefit of those he feels protective towards (his sister, his niece, his protégé, etc) he often goes a little too far, and doesn't always succeed in making things better.
Used to own the Crimson Tide, which was stolen by Vittore Montegue and his brother. He still acts a little salty about this at times, but doesn't really care.
On Cloud City, Atton works as a barman / bar manager as his cover. He used to work at the Holiday Towers until it was acquired by the Rath Cartel, and now runs Elysium for Emelie Shadowstar.

Plot Ideas

Knowing your secrets!
Selling your secrets to other people.
Serving you drinks. Getting you drunk enough to tell him your secrets.
Being sarcastic and British.

Existing Relationships

Sadie K'Vesh - His niece. Despite promising her mother that he would "hide her away and leave her alone", Atton has been quietly manipulating aspects of her life for years - though not always for the better, despite his best efforts.
Elira Asael - His half-sister. They don't get along all that well, but there's a lot of love and protectiveness there.
Emelie Shadowstar - Business partner, and sort of his chosen protégé / heir.
Vittore Montegue - Vittore, and his father, used to do jobs for Atton from time to time.
The Knightfall Crew - Spent a brief time on a civilian freighter with the likes of Ben Merasska, Cleo Némain, etc.

Current Plots

A New Life (http://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?56841-A-New-Life) - Everyone finds out what a manipulative bastard Atton is.

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D (http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?act=idx)

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/5b1ca94e5160677e99b839a099320a61/ixzw6fl/gr6nb5sjj/tumblr_static_207yp1916n0kkc8owcs48owco_640_v2.gif

Alanie Herleva
Jun 4th, 2016, 06:23:55 AM
Bounty hunters are always in need of a good Infomerchant. :) Look forward to meeting you, sir.

Atton Kira
Jun 4th, 2016, 09:20:04 PM
Well in that case, you should swing by Elysium, down in Port Town on Cloud City. I'll fix you a drink, and we can talk business. ;)

Arriana Rezner
Jun 8th, 2016, 12:15:02 PM
Doesn't the Black Sun / Arri still own the Holiday Towers? o_O I don't remember us ever officially handing over ownership

Captain Untouchable
Jun 8th, 2016, 01:55:27 PM
We started doing a thread about it ages ago (just after the Christmas road trip, I think?), and I started incorporating it as a plot point in threads around the same time. Holiday Towers was Black Nebula rather than Black Sun, and we were going to have Ambassador Wrath (my Hutt) acquire ownership to keep things interesting / so that Black Sun wasn't the only game in town. Arri was gonna end up working for Wrath, but if you're wanting to have her with Black Sun I guess we'll need to rethink that. :uhoh