PDA

View Full Version : Anauri Rabeak

Anauri Rabeak
Jun 2nd, 2016, 12:49:18 PM
Anauri Rabeak
Age 52:: Nehantite/Alliance :: Chief Engineer of Jovan Station
Currently on: Jovan Station

Character Background

Third child in a working-class family, tested highly into technical high school and served three years in the orbital shipyards before joining the Nehantite military at the age of 18.
Served eight years in the military, specializing in ship and weapon maintenance and repair. Also performed six tours of duty, proficient in heavy assault weaponry.
Married at the age of 21, father by the age of 22. Devoted father when he could actually be home from military service.
Climbed the ranks in the private sector as a skilled engineer and technician, working dozens of classes of ships from multiple manufacturers, after leaving the military.
Suffered through a very bitter and brutal divorce at the age of 44.
Ran a successful ship rebuild company with friend Tevit Ramastan.
Applied for the chief engineer position for Jovan Station, and after a lengthy interview process, secured the role.
Hates the Empire. A lot.

Raw Material

Working class to the core, Anauri is not one to get dressed up, and prefers a typically engineer's garb to an official uniform on Jovan Station. His age is showing as his muzzle is going gray, and he often wears a short-brimmed cap to hide his thinning headfur.
Fond of a good beer after a hard day's work, and he never puts himself above his staff, often choosing to spend time with them in one of Jovan's bars after shift.
Notoriously closed-off about his personal life, often shifting topics back to work, or ship design. Will always change the subject when the topic of his family is brought up.
Blames himself for the events leading to his divorce, as one of his male employees was caught having an intimate relationship with Anauri's son when his son was 18, and Anauri decided to let his son choose whether or not it should end. Homosexuality is highly frowned upon in the kingdom of Nehantish, and Anuri's wife was furious when she found out their son was gay, blaming Anauri for encouraging such "deviance." Because of this, Anauri is legally barred from seeing his son in person, or communicating with him, and his wife filed a restraining order. Other than his tools, Anauri lost everything in the divorce. He has not told anyone on Jovan this, and it is not public knowledge.
Thinks of his crew as his family, now, often behaving more as "Engineer Dad" than a boss to his subordinates.
Inside he is still quite broken, and masks his pain by involving himself so heavily in his work.

Plot Ideas

A cascading failure, or electrical gremlins, in Jovan's systems causes Anauri and his crew to chase issues around the station, causing nearly as many problems as they are solving.
A few weeks of perfectly functional systems begins to drive him batty from sheer boredom.
Temporary assignment aboard a Cizerack ship. Hilarity ensues.
Someone on staff finds out about his son, and confronts him.
Penguins loose on the station. Has to keep Gradoona out of the access tubes where she'll get stuck.
Critical failure of a system he signed off on leads to disastrous problems, and Anauri has to hanswer for it.
Minor scuffle between himself and a visiting Imperial leads to a larger incident.
Engineering vs. Security smashball game in an empty docking bay. Anauri may or may not have messed with the artificial gravity...

Existing Relationships

Tevit Ramastan - Best friend, used to work together both on Nehantish and off-world. Tevit is friend, protege, and something of an adopted son to Anauri.
Gradoona - Anauri's second in command in Engineering on Jovan Station. She's sometimes a bit too perky for his liking, and Anauri feels she could stand to lose a little weight.
Stashia Yachenka - Kroskovan Nehantite pilot less than half his age. They met on Jovan, and somehow managed to start a physical relationship almost immediately. She is now on Ossus, and Anauri misses her deeply, but isn't sure if it's due to love, lust, or a combination of the two.
Kes Akeina - Anauri's boss. Uptight, proper, and frustratingly square. Not the worse boss Anauri has ever had, though he can't imagine Kes does anything fun at all in his down time. Probably organizes his shirts based on whiteness level.
Q. Samus Dage - Met during the Cizerack occupation of Jovan. Hit it off well, likely due to military backgrounds. Could be a good drinking buddy.

Current Plots

(Will fill these in later.)

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D (http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?act=idx)

Kes Akiena
Jun 3rd, 2016, 09:31:28 AM
I'd like to see Anauri and Kes get stuck in a maintenance tube on accident; like, the security systems triggered and didn't respond to override codes. Might be fun to see how the two deal with cramped quarters and a long wait :)

Anauri Rabeak
Jun 3rd, 2016, 09:37:06 AM
Ha! Now that would be fun. =) And by fun I mean nerve-wracking. Anauri is under the impression that Kes is a total square, and a by-the-book fellow, so Anauri doesn't want to come off as grumpy or irritated with the station and its workings.

Kes Akiena
Jun 3rd, 2016, 09:56:20 AM
I'm totally down for that :) Maybe the reason they're in the tube is because of an inspection of sorts? Like, Kes would ask to see one of Anauri's rewiring jobs or something? Or maybe Anauri is trying to show and impress upon Kes that whatever he did to fix whatever problem is good/mollyhocked/whatever?

Anauri Rabeak
Jun 3rd, 2016, 10:17:04 AM
Or, they've been given a new set of standards that all Alliance stations need to comply to, so Anauri and his crew have been retrofitting a bunch of stuff in the station to bring it up to the new standard, despite Anauri's insistence that it wasn't needed. And, as expected, something goes wrong.

Kes Akiena
Jun 3rd, 2016, 10:56:15 AM
Sounds good to me!

Gradoona Pod-Floewander
Jun 3rd, 2016, 10:57:04 AM
I need to whaaat now?

Geepers! I mean, I'm naat model size and praaaabably woon't ever be, but I figured I was plus oor minus fifty pounds around girl-next-door territory.

Well penguins, guess I'd better lay aaff penguins.