PDA

View Full Version : Heyo!

Declan Ross
May 30th, 2016, 08:11:02 PM
Blame Ilias... Blame Ashin... Blame Seroth.... And a few others I'm sure.... They convinced me! But I'm not Canadian, I'm like the store-brand diet version of Canadian, I'm a Michigander (Kentuckian by birth in USA). I'm a roleplayer of... Well... A few years(roughly 14-15).... I've played various settings, avenues... Sci-Fi to Fantasy to 'Heroes' to Marvel to Wheel of Time.

I've imported a failed character concept from another forum, so forgive any toe squinching as I adjust him to this setting. Which may take a minute, as my posting is famously erratic... I'll post like a demon for days on end, then vanish for a week or longer. It's the lovely nature of being in an accelerated Paramedic School, behind on clinicals, working full time as a Dispatcher, and prepping for Fire Academy... EMS in the Murder Capitol of the USA, yay!!! As the song goes, I owe my life to the company store. BUT I usually can respond if you poke me on Skype or in a PM.

Plus, I have a 6 year old daughter, who I adore, who I get one weekend a month. That pretty much ceases activity not involving her for that weekend. As well, I make props on the side when time allows (hah!). Generally, if i'm not working, I'm doing *something* except of an evening now-a-days... Evenings I sit and post. This is ranging from studying Emergency Medical journals or for class, apprenticing at a few blacksmiths forges(every couple months)... Studying bladesmithing(miss it!), practicing Fiores' Italian Longsword(won my last spar and melee), or I.33 sword and buckler. When my D&D group pesters me enough, I on occasion squeeze into hauberk and helm and help them run a viking camp as an authenticity adviser. Because anachronisms make me have small eye-tics and they think it is funny.

I look forward to getting my feet wet, slowly, and seeing how things go here!

Molly Black
May 30th, 2016, 08:16:29 PM
Hello there! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Welcome to madness! :D

If you do not have syrup, what have you got then?

Seroth
May 30th, 2016, 08:17:02 PM
Excellent! :dance:

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 30th, 2016, 08:20:08 PM
Hey there! Welcome aboard!!

And you do prop building as well? What sort? I mostly make Fallout props, with some Skyrim thrown in.

Miranda Tarkin
May 30th, 2016, 08:20:11 PM
much respect with everything you got going on. Welcome! :)

Maarek
May 30th, 2016, 08:22:11 PM
Outstanding.

Satkia Beltrak
May 30th, 2016, 08:32:05 PM
Welcome! :D

Declan Ross
May 30th, 2016, 08:34:22 PM
Hello there! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! Welcome to madness! :D

If you do not have syrup, what have you got then?

Lots and lots of soul-food.... And good beer.

As to props.... I make mostly Star Wars.... Some Dune (a knife), and some Wheel of Time... Mostly just an Asha'man still being tweaked. Warder cloaks proved problematic with hexochromatic paint. I did a full custom Legacy Era Mandalorian. Working on a Jedi, just teachin myself to make a lightsaber.

And really.... I enjoy being this busy... I get nervous if i'm not. lol!

Taataani Onashi
May 30th, 2016, 08:37:35 PM
Y'know I like these purrdy fellas bringin' me food and wine and beerr and such. Hell I might even shave my legs forr that!

Pierce Tondry
May 30th, 2016, 08:45:11 PM
I need to link this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH7o9IzNl1I) so that when I say "SHUT THE F##K UP STEVE" it won't come off as me being an ass.

Welcome! You have quite the resume and we're glad to have you around!

Kaman, should I just give up and submit to the whims of Canada now, or should I keep struggling?

Siyndacha Aerin
May 30th, 2016, 09:17:29 PM
Submit to me, Tawdry-san.

Declan Ross
May 30th, 2016, 09:19:59 PM
I need to link this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH7o9IzNl1I) so that when I say "SHUT THE F##K UP STEVE" it won't come off as me being an ass.

Welcome! You have quite the resume and we're glad to have you around!

Kaman, should I just give up and submit to the whims of Canada now, or should I keep struggling?

LOL.... I got it from an old machinist who trained me when I was in the trades. It just stuck. Plus, it's easy to shout in an ambulance bay.

Dasquian Belargic
May 31st, 2016, 03:05:11 AM
Welcome, good to have you with us :D