PDA

View Full Version : Amos Iakona

Amos Iakona
May 24th, 2016, 03:05:20 PM
AMOS IAKONA
28 :: Jedi Enclave / Alliance SpecForce* :: Jedi Padawan / SpecForce Sergeant
Currently on Ossus, or aboard the Astral Queen

Character Background

The son of a Mandalorian and a failed Jedi, though Amos never knew that growing up.
Volunteered for the Naboo Security Forces in his teens, and was drafted into the Stormtrooper Corps. Was a Scout Trooper on Naboo for several years, then a spacer for several more, before joining the Rebel Alliance.
Took a leave of absence from SpecForce when he found out about his Jedi heritage; was a passenger on The Wheel, before settling with the new Jedi Enclave on Ossus.

Raw Material

Amos has a hard time juggling the man he is with the kind of man his Jedi mother and Mandalorian father would want him to be. He tries to live by the code and traditions of all of them, and ends up being a muddled mess somewhere in the middle.
Amos is very set in his ways, and finds some of the more "out there" aspects of being Force sensitive very hard to grasp. He tends to use his lightsaber the way he would use a vibroblade, and struggles with the idea of deflecting blaster bolts. To compensate, he has taken to carrying a Gungan energy shield, and has a fairly medieval combat style. He also relies a lot more heavily on guns than a Jedi is supposed to.
Hates flying, and secretly resents Jaden Luka a little for forcing him to pilot himself around. On the flipside, he's fiercely protective of the Astral Queen, and can't stand anyone else flying her unless it's absolutely necessary.

Plot Ideas

I never got to roleplay out Amos acquiring his Gungan energy shield. If people fancy some shenanigans on Naboo, I would be game.
Some actual Jedi type business. Saber training, telekinesis training, all that jazz.
Hanging out with other Padawans and such.
Some awkward encounters with the Alliance? Amos is already torn in several directions because of his parents... questioning/testing his loyalty between the Jedi and the Alliance could be fun. A ranking member of SpecForce looking to reactivate / recall him from his leave of absence, perhaps as a "one time thing" that blatantly isn't?
Some stuff with Naboo politicians? Looking for an "in" with the Enclave by getting friendly with the Padawan from Naboo, maybe?
Visit Jovan Station? No idea why, but I feel like that's a thing that everyone should do at some point.
Flashbacks? Never really got to do much with Amos or Jaden during their Han & Chewie phase, so if anyone fancies some retroactive antics in the 0 ABY - 7 ABY timeframe, I would be game.

Existing Relationships

Amaros Koine - Dad. Amos would love to be estranged, but Mandalorian traditions keep getting in the way.
Cheyenne Hidatsa - Mother. Dead... or is she?
Mandan Hidatsa - Uncle. Definitely dead. He shows up as a force ghost and everything.
Jaden Luka - Best buddy, former partner in crime.
Cleo Némain - Friend / involuntary thorn in his side.
Mara Tallen - Clan... sister? Their dads are/were brothers-in-law, and they're both part of Clan Koine.

Current Plots

Starships Are Meant To Fly (http://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?56769-Starships-Are-Meant-To-Fly) - Amos does piloty stuff with Satkia Beltrak.

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D (http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?act=idx)

Satkia Beltrak
May 27th, 2016, 03:29:16 AM
If you'd like some Jedi interaction and/or training, feel free to PM me. Satkia is on Ossus so easy to find and would be happy to help a fellow Jedi with his training. :)

Amos Iakona
May 27th, 2016, 04:07:06 PM
I would love to do some stuff with Satkia! I shall assault you via PM momentarily. :)