PDA

View Full Version : 'Ello Poppet

Maarek
May 21st, 2016, 04:36:46 PM
Hey folks. Kelly Perris dragged me back here after a decade or so (I used to be Je'gan Olra'en). I'm seeing a whole ton of names that ring a faintish bell. I've had a look around and this place looks grand. Spent a good while geeking out over your excellent map, too.

Kelly Perris
May 21st, 2016, 04:38:32 PM
Man, that lizard is handsome for a lizard.

*looks around to see if Carré heard that, hoping she didn't*

Welcome home, ol' pal. :mischief

Maarek
May 21st, 2016, 04:41:44 PM
There's no such thing as photogenic Trandoshan art, so I cheated. This is literally an Argonian.

Zereth Lancer
May 21st, 2016, 04:44:33 PM
Well hello my old master.

Long time no see.

Maarek
May 21st, 2016, 04:45:23 PM
Now that's a name I remember better than most of'em. Well, dang. Good to see you, man.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 21st, 2016, 04:51:37 PM
I remember you :) Welcome back :)

Maarek
May 21st, 2016, 04:59:58 PM
Likewise, and thanks :) Just trying to get the lay of the land.

Satkia Beltrak
May 21st, 2016, 05:00:50 PM
Hello! :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 21st, 2016, 05:10:22 PM
Inspired use of the Argonian, by the way. I love it.

Matatek Sel Vissica
May 21st, 2016, 05:11:39 PM
Greetings. I remember you from way back.

Maarek
May 21st, 2016, 05:14:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome, all.

Matatek Sel Vissica
May 21st, 2016, 05:17:02 PM
Let me know if there's anything you need to make the transition work for you. Definitely looking forward to seeing your writing again.

Maarek
May 21st, 2016, 05:31:29 PM
Well, thanks. Since you offer, I wouldn't mind a faction recommendation. Trying to find a spot to make some connections, jump in, hit the ground running without stepping on too many toes. Or metaphors.

Basically, somewhere active, with a shallow learning curve.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 21st, 2016, 05:38:03 PM
Jovan Station is always fun. We started it up a while back. It's based a lot on Babylon 5 and DS9 but firmly entrenched in Star Wars funtimes. It's a joint Alliance and Cizerack project, mostly, with ambassadors from other governments thrown into the mix.

There's also a forming Sith faction that's been getting their claws wet with things. Zereth is the one to talk to on that front.

The Empire is being all Imperial as always, and the Imperial Knights are a lovely group that have grown up from the old Inquisitoriate.

There are others, but I'll let more folks chime in :)

Matatek Sel Vissica
May 21st, 2016, 05:40:11 PM
Well I'd be crazy if I didn't recommend the Knights of the Imperial Throne. They're sort of the put-on-a-nice-face version of the Inquisitorius, although they're closer to the Knights of the Fel Empire. There's a handful of Knights at work in the Empire but we've been working on getting their numbers up to counter the Jedi, especially since the Sith are, well, acting like proper Sith should and are making themselves scarce.

The Knights have rechristened the old Jedi Temple as the Imperial Citadel (Evil Hogwarts), and use it to train the force sensitive youth within the Empire to serve their empress. It's not a Sith thing, not even a dark side thing necessarily. There are practitioners of both the dark and the light in their ranks, and each Knight kind of brings their own interpretation into things.

Zereth Lancer
May 21st, 2016, 05:56:35 PM
We have a new chapter of The Sith Order on Tanaab being lead by Southstar's daughter, Lady Frygt, and Ezra Na'chtion; a member of the old Sith Order. Together they started the Tanaab Force Academy; a sort of neutral force school keeping a low profile. At least on the surface, anyways. Underneath it all Frygt and Ezra are raising a new generation of Sith from their most promising students. Frygt's writer hasn't been around for awhile but Ezra is still mucking about doing horrible sith alchemic things.

We also have Eluetheria, a ragtag group of mostly darksiders who are waging their own war against the Empire, and others, to secure the rights and liberties of force adepts. They are now stationed out of Dantooine and spend their time beating up whoever is abusing force adepts and freeing the oppressed. They are not affiliated with the Sith nor the Jedi, having issues with the practices and mantras of both orders. Their agenda is purely giving force adepts the ability to choose their destinies. Even if that means delivering them to the Jedi or Sith. They simply wish a universe where the Force capable can live without oppression or being forced into an organization. If they wish some of them stay with them and live on Dantooine. The group is being lead by Lilaena De'ville, who has a small army of Mandalorians at her disposal, and boasts a handful of some very powerful darksiders. Zereth is a member of this group.

Miranda Tarkin
May 21st, 2016, 06:37:50 PM
I remember you! Welcome back! :D

Maarek
May 21st, 2016, 06:52:00 PM
Those are some compelling options. I'm going to have to give all of the above a try at some point. For now, I think I'm going to try this Sith Order stuff, and see what happens. The magic word was 'alchemy.'

(Somewhere, Kelly's writer is rolling her eyes and cringing.)

Ibaris Varanin-Jacobs
May 21st, 2016, 07:12:00 PM
DID SOMEONE SAY ALCHEMY.

Maarek
May 21st, 2016, 07:14:50 PM
...holy crap, you transferred Ibaris here? Guess that means I need to transfer her papa here at some point, in one form or another. Rank transfers are a thing, yeah?

AND YOU STOLE MY SHIP?

Ibaris Varanin-Jacobs
May 21st, 2016, 07:16:51 PM
Yes, and there's a Liam around somewhere, if I can ever lure Justine back over here.

AND I WOULDN'T CALL IT STEALING.

Maarek
May 21st, 2016, 07:19:28 PM
Yegads. What have you done to my poor old Peregrine?

Ibaris Varanin-Jacobs
May 21st, 2016, 07:24:26 PM
Trying to see if I can make Liam piss himself... uh... I mean, monsters. And... stuff. Lots of stuff. :uhoh

Like beating up Liam. :mischief And yes, rank transfers are a thing. They're super-duper easy to do, here.

Maarek
May 21st, 2016, 07:26:01 PM
As long as it's violence and only violence-

Yeah, you've got me channelling Ashin Varanin. This could be problematic.

WELP.

Ibaris Varanin-Jacobs
May 21st, 2016, 07:28:24 PM
Ahahahaha. SO IT BEGINS.

I mean... uh-oh. :|

Pierce Tondry
May 21st, 2016, 07:47:57 PM
I remember your name, though not much else. Welcome back regardless.

I know from careful observation that Kelly's author tends to liberate anything not nailed down. I am not surprised to hear she has more thefts attributable to her lawless behavior.

... which is admittedly part of her charm.

Ashin Varanin
May 21st, 2016, 07:51:16 PM
She appears to have stolen me from another community entirely, so I can attest to that too.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 22nd, 2016, 05:19:03 AM
Welcome back :D

Maarek
May 22nd, 2016, 06:04:44 AM
Thankya. So far, everyone's been just great. I really can't get over this map.

Ilias Nytrau
May 22nd, 2016, 08:13:54 AM
Hahahahaha.

Map nerd.

Suri Jaxx
May 22nd, 2016, 08:35:47 AM
Hello! :D

Captain Untouchable
May 22nd, 2016, 09:25:37 AM
Thankya. So far, everyone's been just great. I really can't get over this map.

Welcome! :wave I'm glad you like the map! :D

I'm actually pottering away (slooooowly :uhoh) from scratch on a new version of the map that's gonna have more detail, and more bells and whistles. I have the Essential Atlas and the Essential Guide to Warfare, so I'm working on having maps for our TFA era stuff, for our Clone Wars flashbacks, stuff that's a bit more indicative of our current sector set-up, and all sorts of stuff like that. :dance

Ilias Nytrau
May 22nd, 2016, 09:55:18 AM
I'm actually pottering away (slooooowly :uhoh) from scratch on a new version of the map that's gonna have more detail, and more bells and whistles. I have the Essential Atlas and the Essential Guide to Warfare, so I'm working on having maps for our TFA era stuff, for our Clone Wars flashbacks, stuff that's a bit more indicative of our current sector set-up, and all sorts of stuff like that. :dance

Hnnnnnnnnng.

*drools*

Maarek
May 22nd, 2016, 05:15:34 PM
Quite.