PDA

View Full Version : Hapan stuffs?

Trance Farani
May 18th, 2016, 10:20:50 PM
I should probably get around to doing some stuff with this wonderful lady and her fantastic hat... but I'm not really sure where to start. :ohno

What sort of shenanigans could the boss of the Hapan Navy get herself involved in? :mischief

Delphnye Sarpin
May 18th, 2016, 10:31:38 PM
I too would like to get back into the Hapan intrigues but I'm really not sure where to begin.

Elaine Alastor
May 18th, 2016, 10:50:37 PM
I too would like to get back into the Hapan intrigues but I'm really not sure where to begin.

We could do something Senator like? :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 22nd, 2016, 05:18:07 AM
One story that I would definitely like to explore is the one that's unfolding in 'Consequences (http://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?56678-Consequences)'. An attempted assassination on the monarchy, by a Force User, has stirred up xenophobia and paranoia that's already deep-set into Hapan society.

What I'd like to explore is the different factions that form out of this. Assassination is the way of things in the Consortium, but not normally by Jedi. I could see factions rising up who want to depose the Alastor family, for involving the Consortium with the Alliance. I could also see a less extreme group wanting to put Elaine Alastor on the throne, as she technically has the right of succession, and is a full-blooded Hapan instead of a dirty foreigner like her niece.

I am also intrigued as to what might be happening in the Transitory Mists while this is going on. If the Hapan security forces are stretched thin investigating potential threats to the throne, could the pirates hiding in the Mist become more active?

Outside of the Cluster, there is the slow increase of involvement with the Alliance and the Galaxy at large, which obviously comes with plenty of its own pitfalls. Perhaps some rogue extremist Hapans make some kind of attack on the Alliance, to try and push the Alliance into cutting ties with the Consortium? :ohno

Trance Farani
May 22nd, 2016, 09:22:14 AM
Trance's politics are really tricky to suss out. On the one hand, I could see people wanting to get the Admiral on their side if they're trying for some sort of coup. On the other hand, the military is ultimately loyal to the Consortium rather than the specific individual sitting on the throne, so if a coup manages to swap out who is sitting on the throne, they've got the military's obedience regardless. Sure, Trance might have a personal preference one way or another, but her title makes for some pretty valuable political capital, and she risks being replaced and losing that influence if she backs the wrong horse.

Plus, while Hapan membership of the Alliance is pretty terrifying in terms of cultural purity and traditions and all that... in terms of military strength, technology, and all that junk, it's probably super valuable to the military to have foreign allies giving you resources and new technologies without you having to spend your military budget on getting it. Since both the status quo and Elaine Alastor (presumably?) means that those military benefits will keep coming, I'm not sure Trance feels strongly either way about who should be in power.

:cyduck

It might be cool to play up the Varon Farani and Camile Saccard angles with Trance, though. On the one hand you've got Varon, who arguably only has his rank/status because of who his mummy is, who is probably on the pro-Alliance side of the equation; and then you've got Camile, who (if I remember what we talked about in the past) is basically the daughter that Trance never had, who is basically in the "for fucks sake, give me a ship already" mindset. Whether Trance is trying to groom Camile for bigger things; whether Camile's loyalty can be bought by another benefactor who promises her the stuff that Trance seems to be denying her; and whether Varon makes for a tempting target for people trying to leverage or undermine the Admiral... could lead to some interesting stuff. :ohno

Dasquian Belargic
May 31st, 2016, 04:04:35 AM
I am also intrigued by the possibility of Hapans wondering why we haven't allied with the Galaxies one other formidable, lady-led faction... the Empire :ohno

Trance and Camile was definitely something interesting, for sure. I think we discussed her being a protege of sorts, and it would be nice to see that relationship play out with the added spice of Varon as the thorn in Camile's side :D

Ageyra Drijenka
May 31st, 2016, 06:41:01 AM
If there is room somewhere for a Fountain Sniper, member of the Hapes Royal Guard (loyal to the Crown), let me know! I'd be happy to get this character involved.

Miranda Tarkin
May 31st, 2016, 06:48:14 AM
I am also intrigued by the possibility of Hapans wondering why we haven't allied with the Galaxies one other formidable, lady-led faction... the Empire :ohno

I has no Hapans but hey... if you need talks with her Majesty, just let me know ;)

Adraudia Basillie
May 31st, 2016, 09:32:32 AM
And on the Onderon side, if the Queen can assist in plots afooting, she'd be happy to assist too.

Dasquian Belargic
May 31st, 2016, 09:39:05 AM
And on the Onderon side, if the Queen can assist in plots afooting, she'd be happy to assist too.

I've heard the Queen Mother is planning to visit Onderon soon...

Adraudia Basillie
May 31st, 2016, 09:45:32 AM
I little birdy told me too! :D

Kris Bonnie
May 31st, 2016, 01:42:15 PM
Someone spank the song bird.