PDA

View Full Version : Tonyh Vankar

Tonyh Vankar
May 15th, 2016, 12:59:53 PM
TONYH VANKAR
Mid Thirties :: Human/Independent :: Businessman, Scoundrel
Currently on: Centares

Character Background

Born and raised on Centares, he developed a strong interest in business when adolescent but due to family traditions, he had to follow a military path.
After years of service, he decided to go against the grain and do his own thing. He worked for his mother's company, Nerofi Trading for a while, before taking over the reigns when his mother retired.
Besides his official dealings, he has also established himself as a weapons and military equipment provider in the black market.
Tonyh's Wiki (http://theholo.net/wiki/index.php/Tonyh_Vankar).

Raw Material

His years in the army taught him a lot about strategy, history, security and combat.
He is a man of honor and keeps his word, whether in his personal or professional life, including in his underworld activities.
He has a dark edge beneath his well-mannered behavior, and doesn't shy away from revealing it. What he hides most is his softer side.
Although he has improved since he had had his daughter, parenting his still pretty much a big mystery to him.

Plot Ideas

Doing official (cultural goods) or illegal (weaponry/military equipment) business.
Adventures while Tonyh seeks to establish a new hide (I'm thinking probably on Hoth).
Upper class social gatherings.

Existing Relationships

Sonya: A few years ago, one of his one-night-stands showed up on his doorstep with a newborn baby. The woman had no interest in keeping the child and since the little girl was his, she left her with Tonyh. While he didn't want children and didn't have a clue about how to be a father, he refused to give her up for adoption and decided to raise her himself. He loves her to pieces and is very protective, but is often baffled with the whole Dad business.
The Vankars: His parents as well as his younger twin siblings all live on Centares, and are involved in the political sphere for the most part.
Alienor Tankreyd: Life partner.

Current Plots

Networking on Cloud City.
Setting up a base for his black market dealings on Hoth.

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D (http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?act=idx)

Victor Montegue
May 21st, 2016, 03:47:26 AM
I've had this guy kicking around for a while, and I'm sorta itching for something to do with him. He's a former Imperial who now runs Czerka Arms on behalf of a Hutt (Ambassador Wrath)... having an arms manufacturer get friendly with an arms dealer kinda makes sense. He also hangs out a lot on Cloud City, where there's a sort of new Corporate Sector type thing being established - lots of high society shindigs, lots of rubbing shoulders with sexy powerful business ladies, etc... Victor might maybe be a good gateway into that particular social circle.

Oh, and if you're wanting to set yourself up with a little operation on Hoth? That's right next door to Cloud City, and Victor knows all kinds of Hutts and other shady people around that area... he might be able to put you in touch with some disreputable businessmen to help with that. :mischief

(Plus... Tony Stark and Lucifer is a thing that needs to happen :ohno)

Tonyh Vankar
May 21st, 2016, 05:20:19 AM
Oh yes, Tony Stark and Lucifer just needs to happen! I think that them meeting on Cloud City and see what can develop from there (including the Hoth stuff) sounds like a great plan! :D

Tony Maxwell
May 21st, 2016, 11:04:57 AM
If your looking for high class social gatherings, Tony is the owner of Maxwell Industries, an up and coming droid manufacturing company based out of Naboo, but Tony spends a lot of his time on Cloud City. So he's around to rub shoulders with if your out partying in the city.

Tonyh Vankar
May 23rd, 2016, 11:26:36 AM
Maybe we could have some social gathering where the three of us meet on Cloud City? I could set up an open thread later this week. How does that sound? My PM box is always open for plotting and stuff too. :)

Captain Untouchable
May 23rd, 2016, 12:08:07 PM
Actually, I might have the perfect situation for that kind of social gathering. The Baroness is going to be meeting the CEO of Santhe-Sienar, and some kind of business shindig is exactly the kind of thing that would play into his ego nicely. If Jenny is cool with it, I can probably manage to steer Business of Pleasure? (http://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?56626-Business-or-Pleasure) in that direction over the next couple of days, and we can kill a whole flock of birds with the same stone?

Dasquian Belargic
May 23rd, 2016, 12:10:48 PM
That sounds good to me ;)

Tonyh Vankar
May 23rd, 2016, 12:21:26 PM
Perfect! Just let me know when I can hop in!

Captain Untouchable
May 23rd, 2016, 12:38:20 PM
Excellent! I will do some time jump shenanigans in my next post, and get that sorted out in a day or so. :dance

Ceto Rübezahl
May 25th, 2016, 05:19:03 PM
I opened up the Business or Pleasure (http://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?56626-Business-or-Pleasure) thread, so feel free to jump in at your leisure. :D

Tonyh Vankar
May 25th, 2016, 05:22:48 PM
Wonderful! Be sure I'll hop in within the next couple of days. :D