PDA

View Full Version : PLANNING - Imperial Cadet City Excursion?

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 18th, 2016, 01:13:20 PM
In an effort to keep the Imperial Cadets moving along (despite there only being two active cadets at the moment, in Hal and Khoovi), I thought it might be fun to have a little sort of training excercise where the cadets are each given mission criteria to carry out on the open cityscape of Coruscant. This could be something trivial like a scavenger hunt, or some actual real work that needs being done, but they all will wind up at the same end point, and the senior Imperial Knights will watch and monitor their progress and technique.

Does this sound fun to anyone? We could certainly use some more Cadet characters, if anyone wants to join in the fun at Evil Hogwarts, I can guarantee I will be down for playing along with you as Hal. The Imperial Knights have just as much story and character opportunity as the Jedi do, I feel, and who knows, maybe Hal might be able to "corrupt" an Imperial Knight Cadet with thoughts of the light side, at some point. ;)

Let me know if you're interested, and feel free to toss out some ideas here, if you have some. I'd like to make this environment as interactive and collaborative as Ossus has become, if possible!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 18th, 2016, 11:33:44 PM
I'm interested, and would love to be an antagonist/unlikely partner/annoying foil in anything you've got. I've got some characters that are lazing about that need to be used :)

Matatek Sel Vissica
Apr 17th, 2016, 03:18:25 PM
I am definitely interested in this

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 18th, 2016, 07:34:49 AM
Awesome. =) I've got two main ideas, so far, but if either of you - or anyone for that matter - have ideas you'd like to try in this setup, just say so!

Idea 1: The simpler of the two, it is a test of multiple aspects that a cadet must learn to handle. It is essentially a scavenger hunt, with some other skills thrown in. Each cadet is given a different objective, but they all have the same amount of steps in their search, and the searches will cross paths a few times before the end. Navigation in unfamiliar surroundings will be a large part of the test, as they will be given locations to find, but little else to go by. At those locations they will either find items or clues to the next location, or will need to coax, interrogate or intimidate needed information out of a contact of some sort. Cadets will also have the chance to sabotage each other, or work together, depending on what they feel is best. Top priority will be speed in reaching the end of the challenge, but accuracy and detail will also be needed, as there might be a test afterward to determine how much they actually learned. Seasoned knights might either observe, or work against the cadets in some fashion to see how well they think on their feet. Overall it's a mostly controlled environment, so grading can be tighter, and the Knights can step in if things go wrong.

Idea 2: Similar setup to the first, but this would be more challenging and less predictable - and more dangerous. Rival gangs are fighting for control over turf in the death stick market, and each gang has become a nuisance. In order to take them down, the head of the gang will need to be apprehended or taken out. Overall this will be viewed as the Empire being tough on crime and protecting its citizens, but really it's a test of a cadet's ability to accurately assess danger and seek out a real-life target and do the real work themselves. The Knights might still be able to monitor them somehow, and could be able to assist if a cadet gets in over their head, but for the most part the cadet will be on their own. First to neutralize their gang leader wins, though points may be awarded or deducted based on how they accomplished the task, and whether or not they broke laws in public view which would reflect poorly on the Imperial Knights as an order.

One of those sound good? Or have you got some ideas? Of course, we'd likely need Khoovi for this, so Hal has at least someone to compete against, but I wouldn't be opposed to some new cadets joining the fray. I'm thinking this would still happen on Coruscant, and probably not toooo far from Imperial Centre, but in an area that none of the cadets have really gone before.

Matatek Sel Vissica
Apr 19th, 2016, 10:27:29 PM
I like the latter. Putting the cadets to work in a high risk / high reward setting with real consequences seems to be something the Empire would certainly do. Sort of a sink or swim kind of thing. I like the idea of giving cadets the option of working together for synergy or being ruthless and competing against the others. Sort of the Knights way of saying "we're not interested in how you do it as much as we're interested in the best results".

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 24th, 2016, 07:57:10 PM
Anybody else want in on this? Anyone thinking of making an Imperial Cadet character? This is going to be really boring if it's just Hal going through this. =/

Una Rakesh
Apr 24th, 2016, 10:50:24 PM
I can throw in Una somehow; maybe as a sort of Intel add-on of sorts sent by Esalis to get some kind of 'stay updated field training' thing? She's in no way Force sensitive, but it might be fun for her to have to get her hands into the pot.

Esther Hadrana
Apr 30th, 2016, 01:04:31 AM
Awesome. =) I've got two main ideas, so far, but if either of you - or anyone for that matter - have ideas you'd like to try in this setup, just say so!

Idea 1: The simpler of the two, it is a test of multiple aspects that a cadet must learn to handle. It is essentially a scavenger hunt, with some other skills thrown in. Each cadet is given a different objective, but they all have the same amount of steps in their search, and the searches will cross paths a few times before the end. Navigation in unfamiliar surroundings will be a large part of the test, as they will be given locations to find, but little else to go by. At those locations they will either find items or clues to the next location, or will need to coax, interrogate or intimidate needed information out of a contact of some sort. Cadets will also have the chance to sabotage each other, or work together, depending on what they feel is best. Top priority will be speed in reaching the end of the challenge, but accuracy and detail will also be needed, as there might be a test afterward to determine how much they actually learned. Seasoned knights might either observe, or work against the cadets in some fashion to see how well they think on their feet. Overall it's a mostly controlled environment, so grading can be tighter, and the Knights can step in if things go wrong.

Idea 2: Similar setup to the first, but this would be more challenging and less predictable - and more dangerous. Rival gangs are fighting for control over turf in the death stick market, and each gang has become a nuisance. In order to take them down, the head of the gang will need to be apprehended or taken out. Overall this will be viewed as the Empire being tough on crime and protecting its citizens, but really it's a test of a cadet's ability to accurately assess danger and seek out a real-life target and do the real work themselves. The Knights might still be able to monitor them somehow, and could be able to assist if a cadet gets in over their head, but for the most part the cadet will be on their own. First to neutralize their gang leader wins, though points may be awarded or deducted based on how they accomplished the task, and whether or not they broke laws in public view which would reflect poorly on the Imperial Knights as an order.

One of those sound good? Or have you got some ideas? Of course, we'd likely need Khoovi for this, so Hal has at least someone to compete against, but I wouldn't be opposed to some new cadets joining the fray. I'm thinking this would still happen on Coruscant, and probably not toooo far from Imperial Centre, but in an area that none of the cadets have really gone before.

So... basically we're looking at a Star Wars Chuunin Exam. [/Narutonerd]