PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes

Travis North
Feb 21st, 2016, 09:55:49 PM
Hey everyone!

Wondering if anyone here is playing this on mobile.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes

I've been playing for about two months now and still find it entertaining. Gameplay involves a turn based combat system, collecting, and your typical social game energy system. Originally I wasn't pleased discovering it had an energy system (two in fact), however I haven't found it to be that terrible to manage like most other games. You even get energy top ups throughout the afternoon and evening which is nice. It is a freemium game mind you. You can pay to play, but overall it's not worth it and takes away from the experience. So far I've played free to play except for a humble $6 offer for a party member during the first run of play, game developers need to earn a living too right. Other premium bundles though run $50+ which I thought was crazy for a mobile app but there are people out there that have made EA pleased as punch to be sure. The game offers a premium crystal currency at the usual rates, but the currency is also earned through gameplay and you can easily earn about 100 or more daily giving F2P the challenge of earning rewards where others would simply pay to win.

Anyway figured I'd drop my ally code here for those who do play: 642-973-879. I rock a full Nightsister team and am having a blast with it.

Wouldn't mind hearing what other have to say about the game either. It's a really well made mobile game and rates among the best that I've played so far.

Zereth Lancer
Feb 21st, 2016, 11:42:01 PM
I started playing this awhile ago, and I had a blast with it, but I quickly got bored with it. I wasn't really getting any characters I liked and grinding out the metals needed to unlock characters felt like a chore. Basically the game went from being fun to being a grind and I stopped playing. Otherwise, yeah, it's a great game. The combat mechanics are pretty good. Just not enough to keep me hooked.

Captain Untouchable
Feb 22nd, 2016, 10:53:56 PM
I've only been playing since the start of the month. It's an enjoyable enough game, especially when you reach the stage where you start getting the challenges, events, etc that restrict the kind of characters you can use, and force you into a different team combo. I don't play for huge spurts every day, but I do blitz through most of the dailies - something that is pretty easy to do if you make use of the little sim tokens wisely.

It is a little frustrating that there's not more agency in what characters you get, but you can do pretty well if you're systematic about it. I unlocked Han Solo with the arena currency - just doing the three battles to get the daily is pulling in enough to buy one set of 5 tokens for someone each day. I've also been using the sim stuff to dump a whole stack of squad battle energy onto one mission. I was doing it to farm the red currency to buy Fives, but ended up unlocking Luke as well in the process. I am a little peeved that Rex is a crystal only character though... I have not had the best luck with those drops.

It would be nice if damage types played into stuff a little more, in a mini pokemon / final fantasy sort of way. Unless the event/challenge has a restriction, it doesn't seem that difficult to progress with just whstever five characters happen to be strongest. It'd be nice if there was more stuff like the Jawa weapons doing a damage bonus against droids, so there was more incentive to diversify your team. Or maybe I'm just very overlevelled right now.

Ally code is 854-296-263 if anyone wants to add me!

Charley
Feb 28th, 2016, 01:46:20 PM
My ally code is 982-545-712

Captain Untouchable
Mar 5th, 2016, 04:29:22 AM
Damn, Travis... being able to bring your Ventress along on stuff is a god-send. :ohno

Jiggled around my team a bit. I've finally reached the point where I have five tanks... being able to have a proper crack at all the different challenges is a lot of fun, and it's forcing me to share the love a bit when levelling my characters, instead of just using the same five people for absolutely everything.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2016, 09:36:39 AM
I was playing but I've lost access to my Apple ID, which was connected to my game progress.. :/

Dasquian Belargic
May 18th, 2016, 09:40:21 AM
Welp, I got my apple ID back - so my ally code is 587-294-478

Miranda Tarkin
May 18th, 2016, 09:50:57 AM
I sent ya a request :D

Charley
May 18th, 2016, 09:59:37 AM
Just added you :)

And yeah I'm having a blast with this so far. Right now I'm trying to get my Jedi up to five stars to fight the next leg of the Yoda trials. One more win in that event and I can unlock yoda.

I've got 35 characters unlocked and I'm trying to keep them as close to level parity as possible. I haven't leveled my strong characters as high as I could, but that also means that my entire roster should (soon) be within five levels of each other. That means I'm not as good at arena as I could be, but I'm winning galactic war almost every time I try.

My current combined power squad is Captain Phasma (leader, five star, level 65, tech 7), Jedi Consular (six star, level 65, tech 7), Darth Vader (four star, level 65, tech 7), Royal Guard (four star, level 65, tech 7), and Teebo (seven star, level 64, tech 6)

I like that combo. Feels like a good balance between high offense and a selective defense. Teebo's stealth & turn meter smash combined with the Royal guard's stunning pike help me to target the nastiest guys on the field and rob them of a few turns, which gives me enough time to let vader force choke everyone, phasma to grant party advantage, and then vader to wipe an enemy off the map with his lightsaber throw, since it gets huge damage bonuses on enemies with debuffs.

Miranda Tarkin
May 18th, 2016, 10:01:09 AM
Galactic war ugh... I need two characters to go at it again since I really screwed up and all of my people...died :ohno

Live and learn :)

Reikkel Orgern
May 18th, 2016, 10:11:13 AM
Yeah thats why I decided to make sure that my squad talent was deep. GW can really punish you if you have an A squad full of ballers and a bunch of chumps behind them. All it takes is one bad fight and you can get stuck in a death spiral.

Weirdly enough, what saves my ass so many times in a bad GW campaign are ewoks. Teebo is on my A team but Chief Chirpa, the Elder, and the Scout are toward the back of my roster. For whatever reason, they are extremely good at harassing enemies and hanging in there long enough to win. If I ever seriously begin to train them up, my ewok team is going to be amazing.

Ilias Nytrau
May 18th, 2016, 08:33:50 PM
Just added everyone that put their ally code in this thread. :mischief

My ally code is 424-559-657

Matatek Sel Vissica
May 18th, 2016, 09:58:10 PM
Awesome I added you.

Train up some levels and I'll get you into the guild. We should be rancor raiding again in a day or two