PDA

View Full Version : One thing we don't know about your character.

Charley
Feb 9th, 2016, 08:45:35 PM
One of the things I love so much about us as a group of writers is that we tend to make characters that rise beyond archetypes and tropes. Our characters become unique living beings with their own quirky little idiosyncrasies that may utterly contradict some other part of them, but make those characters so much more believable.

So in the spirit of that kind of discovery, tell us something about a character you write that nobody knows yet IC. Fair warning, this information is still in an OOC-only environment so let's be good RPers and not fall prey to insider trading.

One character per post, one secret per post.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Feb 9th, 2016, 08:47:19 PM
I am a very good singer, and had voice lessons for years as a child.

Sanis Prent
Feb 9th, 2016, 08:52:09 PM
I named my ship Layla because that was the name of my first crush on Nar Shaddaa. She broke my heart and I never forgot about her.

Anauri Rabeak
Feb 9th, 2016, 08:53:18 PM
Since my divorce, I fill every moment of my waking time with work, so that I don't have time to think about her anymore.

Draiya Naaianeya
Feb 9th, 2016, 09:01:43 PM
I can spot a fake purse, watch, pair of glasses, etc a mile away because I used to sell fake designer goods on the street corner to middle classers and tourists.

Taataani Meorrrei
Feb 9th, 2016, 09:15:23 PM
I prefer to wear floor length dresses whenever possible, both to hide my fat ankles from view and also to wear house shoes underneath (if I can get away with it)

T'yeellaa Meorrrei
Feb 9th, 2016, 09:18:46 PM
I am quite possibly the worst dancer in the galaxy. I attempt it when no one is looking but I have to swallow down a panic attack if I'm ever forced to dance in a place where people might be watching.

Kalleeiha Maillanaarro
Feb 9th, 2016, 09:22:59 PM
I speak very posh but I came from a lower working class family and have put a lot of effort into speaking like a lady of quality. With enough drink or in a fit of emotion, my gutter brogue comes out in my words.

Rolth Wygraant
Feb 9th, 2016, 09:27:44 PM
I married a much wealthier woman and am a 25 year veteran of a completely joyless marriage. I'm almost positive my wife cheats on my at any given chance when I'm on a tour of duty.

James Prent
Feb 9th, 2016, 09:32:14 PM
I made out with my brother. Like... made out.

:x

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 9th, 2016, 09:33:31 PM
in the future I had an affair with Salem Ave and had a baby. Shortly afterward I was frozen into carbonite and put in a safe place where no one would find me. I don't know it yet myself, but I've been frozen for ~20 years.

Halajiin Rabeak
Feb 9th, 2016, 09:35:57 PM
When I was a Padawan, nobody ever remembered my birthday, so one year I bought myself a cake and ate all of it. That was a really bad idea. But at least I had a birthday cake.

Gradoona Pod-Floewander
Feb 9th, 2016, 09:39:13 PM
I sass-mouth people who annoy me in ultra high frequency Herglese so they can't hear it. But it makes me feel better to say it to their faces and avoid the consequences.

Ham Warchenzbellsig
Feb 9th, 2016, 09:41:23 PM
I'm gay.

Sejah Haversh
Feb 9th, 2016, 09:43:50 PM
I had a complete end-game ready to unfold before the board reset happened. It was beautiful and tragic.

Rai'faani Meorrrei
Feb 9th, 2016, 09:51:23 PM
I bought a minor league smashball team on Syragor when I was twenty years old, and it still hasn't turned a profit.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 9th, 2016, 11:20:29 PM
I learned to keep perfect time and ear-measure pitch by attending the opera regularly over the span of five years.

Karin DeLumiar
Feb 9th, 2016, 11:25:22 PM
My parents let me play with Builder Blox as a kid. When I left home, I kept one of my Bloxmen with me. I still have it, and when I fly, I keep it on the dash of my A-Wing.

Ledo G. Prent
Feb 9th, 2016, 11:38:52 PM
I stole my nickname "The Rancor of Malastare". I found it scratched into the door of a stall I was in when I was pinching a loaf, and liked the sound of it.

Zereth Lancer
Feb 10th, 2016, 02:22:35 AM
I'm half Nagai, but I have never discovered that fact.

Alexia Sturkov
Feb 10th, 2016, 02:24:31 AM
I am the reincarnated soul of Sith Apprentice Jezreal Darkshard of the Sith Order. Despite my horrid nature I came from a loving family. The turning point in my life was when my Brother and I were gunned down by the Empire in an ambush.

Xel-Naga
Feb 10th, 2016, 02:26:05 AM
I have a thing for twinks, ladyboys, and other men smaller than me. It gives me a sense of power and control to dominate them.

Jaassuuvi Ageerrodarr
Feb 10th, 2016, 02:28:35 AM
I am a A'ziir Traai'jaari practitioner and at one time competed regularly in the Jurru'tai'laa Arena.

Judas Voss
Feb 10th, 2016, 02:29:37 AM
I have a high functioning spice addiction.

Delgado Xaanan
Feb 10th, 2016, 04:44:54 AM
I am not a real person: I was cloned from Jedi DNA in a lab by an Imperial(ish) project, and imprinted with a false personality and memories. I was placed within the Imperial hierarchy with no real goals or intentions, but when the opportunity came to manoeuvre me into Moffship on Corellia, my creators couldn't pass up the opportunity.

By the TFA era, I have discovered the truth about what I am. I have chosen to make myself Supreme Leader of the First Order of my own volition - the first "free" choice I have ever made. (Or at least, I hope it was a free choice, though that nagging doubt is always there)

Lúka Jibral
Feb 10th, 2016, 04:48:02 AM
I was the Padawan of Inyos Aamoran, but I was killed by the Empire during the Jedi Purge. I was brought back as a clone by the same people who made Delgado Xaanan, programmed to believe that I am the "real" one. That is why I was assigned to protect the Empire's experiments/archives in the Maw: not because I was trusted, but because I was one of the prototypes myself.

Chir'daki
Feb 10th, 2016, 04:51:19 AM
I am a clone too; Delgado and Lúka are my brothers. I was never programmed with a false personality: I had a mental breakdown while I was still a blank slate, and escaped the facility. The project threw together a fake identity for me to help cover their tracks; for a while, I believed I was a real person suffering from amnesia. Recently though (in a thread that unfortunately isn't finished yet) I found out what I was when Lúka used a code word to "control" me, and I am now struggling to come to terms with the fact that I am not a real boy.

Vansen Tyree
Feb 10th, 2016, 04:52:06 AM
I have a son and a daughter that I have no knowledge of.

Jaden Luka
Feb 10th, 2016, 04:54:12 AM
I don't recognise myself any more. I have been trying to "fake it until you make it" for so long that the happy-go-lucky flirty optimist that I pretend to be has become my default setting. Underneath it all I feel lost and alone, and would give anything to feel like I actually belong.

Regan Altink
Feb 10th, 2016, 04:59:07 AM
Being cantankerous and irritable used to be just an act for me, trying to copy my father; but nowadays I've forgotten how to stop acting. Deep down, my pilots and my crew are all family, and I would gladly die a hundred times over to save each and every one of them. (Except you, Felcher - you're a dick and I really do despise you)

Mackenzie Tallen
Feb 10th, 2016, 05:03:28 AM
When I was a young ISB officer, my fiancée was outed as a Rebel spy, who'd been using me for my security access. I was the one who killed her, and since then I've had trouble trusting anyone or letting anyone get close.

Yon the Butcher
Feb 10th, 2016, 05:09:39 AM
Though Yon is now a butcher of fine meats, Yon became The Butcher when Yon was being a bounty hunter.

Yon was having a reputation for brutality.

Yon is not remembering how many men Yon has killed.

Garrick Kane
Feb 10th, 2016, 05:11:43 AM
My real name is Lance Inirial. I am Adonis and Carré's brother... but they believe I am dead, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 10th, 2016, 11:12:02 AM
Every one knows I want Navaria captured, but I also want us to be a family again. I'd never admit that to myself though.

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 10th, 2016, 11:14:21 AM
Helluva slicer. Came in really handy as a child and being on the run.

Grace Van-Derveld
Feb 10th, 2016, 11:14:44 AM
I'm afraid to love Bryna.

Nikole Nystrom
Feb 10th, 2016, 11:16:45 AM
Swoop race earnings bought us the family ship. Kalyn and I were almost unstoppable.

Saaz Qadana
Feb 10th, 2016, 11:57:34 AM
I have an imaginary brother but I think he's real.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 10th, 2016, 12:04:48 PM
I know where the original Losstarot and Loveloxx Bloodline Vials are.

Alexi Hesith
Feb 10th, 2016, 12:13:55 PM
My father didn't speak to me for sixteen years. From the day my youngest brother died until he died not a word.

Q. Samus Dage
Feb 10th, 2016, 12:30:29 PM
I keep a Holostation 4 in my quarters aboard the Khera. It helps me relax. Some of my favorite games are Uni-Smashball Gold, Grand Theft Speeder 8, and old school Nar Shaddaa Fighter 2.

Mu Satach
Feb 10th, 2016, 12:39:42 PM
I've never been able to have a co-pilot or a long term relationship with anyone because I snore. I wake the dead with my nostrils.

Kes Akiena
Feb 10th, 2016, 12:42:19 PM
I had a ladyfriend once.

Tiberius Anar
Feb 11th, 2016, 07:14:46 AM
I meditate for about 20 minutes a day. This enables me to keep a grip on my emotions making me harder to read. Even Force users find me a bit of a mystery.

Jamo Jakatta
Feb 13th, 2016, 03:23:14 AM
I don't know how to function anymore.

I need Iyar.

Meiers Brecklin
Feb 22nd, 2016, 01:37:49 PM
I tend to get the hiccups a lot. Usually after the first first bite of something spicy, but it's also happened at times after the first sip of a draught beer.

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 18th, 2016, 01:30:32 PM
I'm terrified of going back to Nehantish. In my head, as long as I don't go there, nothing will have changed. My family will still be alive, and things will be just as I left them.

Just as long as I never go back home.

Matatek Sel Vissica
May 30th, 2016, 12:13:50 PM
Because I'm not a particularly fussy eater, I know what human flesh tastes like.

Madeleia
May 30th, 2016, 04:23:17 PM
My parents were left out to dry during a raid by the crimelord that they owed money to. He took my brother as payment and raised him, though neither of us know that yet.