PDA

View Full Version : You Otter Not Mess With Her

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 21st, 2016, 10:32:54 PM
Protein cubes and nutrient drink.

It was the same in the commissary mess hall at every meal, every day. The Knights of the Imperial Throne, like most in the service of the Empress, had no need for bourgeois frivolities like cuisine. That was best left to others. Civilians often fussed over such things, and like so much in their separate world, it did not concern Matatek Sel Vissica. To a warrior, food was food, and water was water. They were things a warrior's body needed, and it made little difference in what form they presented themselves.

Vissica snapped down a protein cube in a procession of open-mouthed quick bites, her sharp teeth not quite suited to negotiating the pliant foodstuff, but it was serviceable enough. As soon as that had been done, she mechanically followed with her other paw, quaffing from the uniform bottle of nutrient drink. Left hand, then right, then left again. She didn't pause to reflect or to savor. This was simply another task to be completed.

She could feel the attentions of others in the mess hall in her direction as she sat hunched over her plate. Their distraction was weakness. They had one task, and one task alone to complete here. Eat. Even that simple directive was difficult for most. They dawdled, huddling together in adjacent seats to talk. How could one talk with a mouth full of food? How could one eat with a mouth full of words? The seats around the Selonian Knight were empty in each direction in three spaces. She didn't have to tell anyone to leave her alone. Blissfully, they seemed to understand that without the need.

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 21st, 2016, 11:09:01 PM
Protein cubes and nutrient drink.

Halajiin Rabeak could think of worse food: lutefisk, maggot cheese, anything from Weinerschitzel, but he could also name countless things he would rather have on his plate than protein cubes. Oh, sure, the Empire at least tried to dress things up with various sauces, mostly so that those subjected to the monotonous meals wouldn't simply go insane from the taste of semi-gelatinous cardboard, but nothing ever tasted like the real dishes they were supposed to resemble. Nerf stroganoff? To the Empire, it was apparently a blue, overly-salty sauce. Lasagna? An orange, almost sweet cheesy flavor. Macaroni and cheese? Hal was most certain it was fish-flavored. But, a meal was a meal, and since he hadn't been granted permission to leave the confines of Imperial Center, or any pocket money to spend, snacks at the corner shop remained a far-flung foodstuff fantasy.

What I wouldn't do for a roller-grill taquito, right now. His base natures hungered with a rumble of his stomach.

Or stimcaff. Real, actual, fresh-brewed stimcaff, with one sugar and one creamer. Pined his higher reasoning.

Or beer.

I could handle a beer.

But there was no beer to be had, just like there were no taquitos, microwavable burritos, chemically orange nachos, dubious pizza or any of his other convenience store favorites. There were only meal cubes.

The previous day had been his first as a cadet, and a harsh introduction into the world the Jedi Knight now found himself. Under his guise of Kyle Rayner, Hal had played his part well, but learned a tough lesson when he was rebuffed by his classmates, that morning, because he was assigned a solo room instead of sharing with them in the common dorms. Already there was talk of favoritism toward him from the upper ranks, undeserved as such talk was. So, instead of sitting with his classmates, Hal glanced around the mess hall before spotting a nearly empty table. Nearly empty except of course for over seven feet of big, powerful, beautiful, pantsless dream-otter. His tray quickly found its place on the table opposite from her, and he smiled while taking a seat.

"Good morning, Vissica," he said with a grin. "Sleep well?" Unlike his hastily dressed appearance the day before, Hal had been shown the proper way to wear his cadet uniform, and despite still needing some alterations to fit his frame and tail properly, he looked not dissimilar to the other cadets in the mess hall.

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 21st, 2016, 11:12:47 PM
Tiny Selonian ears flicked at the sound of her name being spoken in such a familiar tone by Kyle Rayner. Vissica paused, raked a tongue over her muzzle, and began eating again.

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 21st, 2016, 11:20:27 PM
Ahh, still playing hard to get, Hal surmised, his smile not fading an ounce. She had even licked her lips, letting him know she was secretly interested. If he could keep reading the signs, surely she'd be his in no time.

Fork spearing one meal cube, the Nehantite swiped it through a sludge of brown sauce - ham and eggs, it was labeled - before popping it into his mouth. The label was correct, though far from delicious, and it clashed to no end with the horrifically healthy flavor of his nutrient drink. So much for a happy tummy to start the day...

Wiping his lips on his napkin, Hal forked another cube before looking up to his lone table-mate. "So, I think we got off on the wrong foot, Vissica," he spoke casually. "In fact, I think that if we got to know each other a little better, we could be friends. Maybe even benefit from such friendship," he added with a wink before placing that next unfortunate forkful into his mouth.

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 06:15:53 PM
The wink went unnoticed, primarily because the more Vissica heard Hal's overconfident, too-cool drawl, the deeper she hunched over her own plate. By now, the Selonian's flexible spine had looped almost like a walking cane, positioning her head a few inches over her food, so that her paws could make efficient use of the space to speed up her meal and be done with Kyle Rayner's company as soon as possible.

But it wasn't fast enough by far. Even through the rhythmic chopping of her mastications, his voice continued to worm it's way ahead, finding her little ears which continued to protest silently by attempting to pivot away from the Nehantite's oily come-ons.

A low rumble built up in Vissica's chest. A few strides away, Khoovi was in the midst of carrying his own food tray to his seat. The sound caused his ears to stand on end, and the Shistavanen picked up his pace to get away from what was likely an impending disaster.

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 06:22:30 PM
That doesn't look good. She looks like she's about to attack you.

More like she's about to jump my bones. This is going better than I thought!I warned you about thinking, didn't I? That's the thing you should definitely not do.

Ooh! She's purring!

Uh, that's not a purr, dude...

Hal ignored the advice of his higher reasoning entirely, instead letting his libido take the wheel. Leaning forward, his smile grew more suave and cocksure, pink eyes staring dreamily into the black pits of Vissica's own. "You know, they've got me in a private room here. Maybe we could take advantage of that, sometime."

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 06:44:04 PM
"Enough!"

Vissica roared, standing to her full towering height while simultaneously up-ending the entire mess hall table in the process. Both her meal as well as Hal's own were scattered on the floor. The aftermath was a maelstrom of splashes and blobs of colorful culinary violence against the dull Imperial floor, set to the dying melodies of tinny tinkling utensils and the woeful notes of plastic plates.

Every set of eyes in the mess hall fixed to the hirsute pair. Khoovi ceased moving another step, paralyzed by a fear he hoped didn't spread to his bladder.

Lady Vissica's webbed paws balled at her sides as she glared down at the Nehantite. The Knight General wished for him to be trained, and while killing Kyle Rayner would be deeply satisfying it would violate her word, her honor, and her soul. If only there was a way to dislocate every bone in him and leave him draped over her chair like a stole for someone else to straighten out on their own time.

Instead, she could only stare down at the ridiculous thing as her chest heaved in a growl.

"You are a...deeply irritating little man!"

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 06:52:51 PM
Meal cubes flew in a triumphant parade of acrobatic edible disaster, bouncing off of the floor in a manner which no form of foodstuff had the right - nor courage - to possess. Hal sat still, loaded fork still clutched in his paw, and he eased it into his mouth, pulling the tines back out clean as he let himself slump forward, chin resting upon a paw propped up on his knee as he chewed slowly and just smiled.

Standing, Vissica brought her crotch directly into his line of vision, and he remained there, a wistful look upon his face as his tail swished ever so gently behind him. Forcing the last nugget of his breakfast down, he finally glanced up to the great, raging Selonian with a cocked eyebrow. "That's not the only thing I can do deeply," he murred.

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 07:18:45 PM
The way he spoke in such cryptic ways was the most irritating part of all, as if he dared her to dwell on exactly what he meant by that line until she turned old and grey. As her dark eyes narrowed murderously on Kyle, Vissica's muzzle twitched. She was losing control of the situation.

Suddenly, Vissica's head raised, tracking away from the Nehantite and back to the gawking gaggle of cadets.

"Back to your food!"

Eighty-seven heads turned downwards to their plates in unison, each taking an unnatural and renewed interest in their meals. Vissica then turned to Khoovi, who yelped and continued on his way to find a seat. She barely paid him any mind, taking a stride for the door of the mess hall to exit. Almost as an afterthought, she grabbed a paw full of Kyle's uniform collar, pulling him along so suddenly that he nearly slid along the floor by his toes.

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 07:32:11 PM
Hal's smile didn't fade until shaken free by the yank to his collar, wrenching him from his seat to stumble along, fork clattering to the floor as he hop-stepped to turn about and keep up. By the time they neared the door, he was marching lockstep with her, though his tail swayed in opposite direction so that his would brush against hers every other step.

"I have to say, while I do feel this chemistry between us, I wasn't expecting you to drag me back to yours so quickly," he chuckled.

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 07:47:36 PM
The moment the doors to the mess hall sealed behind them, Vissica spun on her paws, pushing Hal against the wall and pinning him there with a broad, webbed hand. With her other hand, the Selonian Knight leveled a single warning finger towards the Nehantite at eye level.

"You have five minutes of my undivided attention, Kyle Rayner."

Better to create a well-defined venue for him to say what he needed to say now, rather than invite him to annoy her and interrupt another meal. If he did it again, she would have to leave him in such a state to make it medically difficult for him to do so a third time.

"Speak!"

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 07:53:05 PM
Ah, the direct type. Hal liked a woman who got right to the point - less foreplay necessary, that way. Clearing his throat as best as he could with her massive paw on his chest, the Nehantite answered, "Well, you've had my undivided attention since I first saw you, but I suppose five minutes will do."

Despite his immobile position, Hal stood defiant, smile washing away into an expression which bordered on the edge of seriousness, perhaps with a small cottage near the lake of scorn. "I just want to know why you've been playing so hard to get. I like fun and games as much as the next guy, but this is getting a bit ridiculous, don't you think?"

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 08:10:01 PM
Vissica's array of whiskers quivered momentarily in confusion. Her back arched away from Hal. Something in his insinuations repulsed her sensibility.

"I am a Selonian."

Unsaid words chewed about in her mouth, and Vissica found it difficult to mount a rebuttal when she had little notion as to what this creature was talking about. Settling on a proper course, she drew up to full height, only now releasing her hold on Hal as she crossed her arms over her chest dismissively.

"We do not...play."

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 08:16:37 PM
"You've got to be kidding," Hal huffed. Smoothing out his uniform shirt, he let his weight shift to one leg as he looked up at the oily goddess. "You have been playing with me ever since you set eyes on me. You just can't admit it, though, can you? The very first thing you did was get me on my knees and shove your crotch right in my face. How less subtle could you be? You look at me constantly whenever we're in the same room, practically undressing me with your eyes."

Heaving a sigh, Hal raked a paw through his headfur and shook his head. "It's okay, you don't have to keep dancing around it. You want me, I want you, maybe it's animal magnetism or something, I don't know, and I don't care. Let's just stop dancing around and get to it then, okay?"

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 08:30:35 PM
Vissica's left eyebrow raised as Kyle Rayner went on in still-somehow-vague details of this playing. She'd spoken the truth when she professed her distaste for games - little rituals full of mock behavior that blurred the line into dishonesty. Setting aside then that she was completely assured that she was not playing a game, Vissica attempted to at least understand the parameters of this game she was certainly not playing. Something involving noses in crotches and undressing.

"When I first met you..." the Knight began carefully in a low tone, "...you were a fugitive of the Empire, and I was tasked to apprehend you. There was no game in that. I had a task to complete, and I did so. Now, my task is to train you. I can see that now requires that I disabuse you of any delusions you may be suffering. The Empress demands your total dedication, and so do I. Speak plainly."

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 08:41:01 PM
"Vissica, you've had my total dedication since I laid eyes on you," Hal answered. Behind him his tail swayed in broad strokes, the tip flicking up just so at the end of each pendulous swing, something most any species with a tail would recognize as the universal come-on.

"And, come on, of course it's been a game. Cat and mouse, one chasing after the other, the thrill of it all up until the main act," he grinned. "You wouldn't have it any other way, either, I'd wager. But if you need me to say it, I'll say it. Why don't you come up to mine and I can show you just how dedicated to you I can be, all night long?"

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 08:51:20 PM
Vissica's muscular tail, by contrast, thump-thumped on the floor in the universal sign of strained patience. Kyle Rayner was meandering with his analogy. He viewed her pursuit of him under Imperial justice as a game. How disappointing. Her tail thump-thumped again, just as it finally seemed the Nehantite was going to set aside his little verbal puzzles.

Why don't you come up to mine and I can show you just how dedicated to you I can be, all night long?

Ah, a demonstration of loyalty. Was that what this was about? Under normal circumstances and with normal cadets, Vissica would simply explain that the best way for one to demonstrate loyalty would be for one to follow their orders without hesitation or question. Kyle Rayner was stubbornly proving that he was different, and that wasn't a compliment. He needed extra attention, and since being under pain of death was temporarily off the table, Vissica grudgingly had to go the extra mile.

There was one matter of confusion, however.

"Come up to your what?"

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 08:53:16 PM
Hal's eyebrows perked, as did his voice. "My room, of course. Where else could we be properly alone? Yes, I desire you, but I'm far from an exhibitionist, you see."

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 09:03:36 PM
The Selonian's unmoved expression made it clear that she didn't see. However, she also didn't see the harm in a small request like that. If Kyle Rayner required an audience of one to prove his loyalty to the Empire, then Vissica would grant him that. Perhaps he had composed epic poetry in honor of the Empress, and he wished for her to hear it before his other comrades. Where he chose to make plain his loyalty didn't matter to Vissica in the slightest. If it corrected Kyle Rayner's irritating behavior, it would be a beneficial experience for all.

The Selonian Knight nodded her head.

"Very well. I will see your proof of dedication, Kyle Rayner. Come."

Vissica turned to leave for Hal's quarters without another word.

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 09:10:01 PM
Wait, did she actually just say yes?

Hell yes, she said yes!

Oh, this is not going to be good...

Hush, you. I'm gonna get my freak on!

Hal needed no further instruction, immediately light on his feet as he led the way to the turbolift, where he stood closer than usual to the object of his affection. At last they entered his quarters - the lap of luxury, as far as the other cadets were concerned, as they all had to share bunkrooms in the dormitories while Hal held down a modest studio apartment on his own. Setting the door to locked, Hal approached Vissica from behind, letting a paw run up the base of her tail and the small of her back to then reach for one of the clasps of her breastplate. "Mmm, let's start by getting you out of that armor, shall we?" he murred.

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 09:16:44 PM
"Why?" Vissica bit in reply, somewhat sharply. She felt the initial clasp release on her armor carapace, and the Selonian turned her shoulder away in a quarter rotation, causing her thick tail to nearly trip up the Nehantite's balance and intentions.

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 09:21:21 PM
Hal stumbled for balance, yet his paw still managed to unfasten the second clasp, reaching for the third. "Why?" he chuckled, "Well, it's kind of difficult to really go at it with our clothes on, don't you think? Besides, it's more fun to get the full experience, I find."

As he spoke, his left paw began to unbutton his uniform shirt, his cap tossed onto an empty easy chair.

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 09:41:17 PM
Go at it. Vissica still wasn't sure what Kyle Rayner meant, but she was starting to think this was less about reading epic poetry. She reached a large hand up to swat away his further attempts at negotiating her clasps.

"I am more than capable of undressing myself." she assured with a small annoyed growl. Continuing the work he started, the Selonian unfastened the remaining clasp, pulling the hinged apparatus off her frame. She dropped it to the floor, and the sound of the heavy metal contact left a ringing din in the room.

Once unburdened by her armor, Vissica's muscular back rippled and undulated in a slow wave. A warrior was defined by her arms and armor, but Vissica had no pride to hide behind. She would freely admit that it felt pleasing to remove her armor. She continued the ritual, removing the armored skull plate over her long brow. It too clattered to the deck, allowing Vissica to free the clustered braids of hair she normally wore wound tight. Her brown mane contrasted the lighter tone of her body fur, and Vissica smoothed them to rest at each shoulder.

Still, she was curious at what Kyle Rayner was getting at. He wanted to go at it, and this required the removal of clothing. Perhaps he wanted to wrestle? That had to be it. That would also explain his insistence on privacy. If he insisted on challenging his superior to such feats of strength, he likely did not want his pride to be wounded among comrades.

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 09:51:12 PM
As the Selonian's gear came off, so did Hal's clothes. Uniform shirt, undershirt, boots, all were cast aside as his paws worked light lightning upon his garments. Careful thinking and self-control had managed to keep his arousal in check until then, but once his trousers and undershorts came off, there could be no denying it. Standing just as naked as Vissica, Hal let his pink eyes roam over her body, drinking it all in.

"Garfife, Vissica... you're gorgeous," he breathed, drawing close to rub his paws over her hips.

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 10:00:20 PM
Vissica's face broadcast her skepticism at the Nehantite's praise.

"I look no different than any of my sept sisters."

It wasn't modesty. Like pride, she had little taste for such frivolity. And speaking of frivolity, Hal was beginning to close distance, choosing a combat stance that frankly left himself vulnerable in several ways.

"Are you ready to begin?"

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 10:03:11 PM
Hal's paws slid back over her hips to grasp her muscular backside, squeezing playfully. Glancing down between his legs, then back up to Vissica's face, he smirked. "Sure looks that way, doesn't it?"

A gentle pull was his attempt to lead her to the bed, so very grateful she had finally been able to express how she felt for him in return.

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 10:13:24 PM
The visual change in the Nehantite's state of libido hadn't escaped Vissica's notice, though it made only for idle thought. She had only seen nude males in the Overden on Selonia, and rarely paid the useless creatures much mind. They often behaved in such a way when the Queen called for one to service her in mating sacrament. Perhaps it was simply a universal sign of male eagerness to stand out in such a way. Vissica wondered how most alien males seemed to wear pants with such a rebellious anatomical expression.

At the signal of Kyle Rayner's readiness, he attempted to maneuver her by the hips toward the bed. Vissica countered by swallowing up the Nehantite with a two-armed embrace, followed swiftly with a suplex that up-ended him and drilled him onto the floor with a thud.

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 10:21:11 PM
The sudden, steely grip of the Selonian's arms should have been a warning sign that things weren't as they seemed. Well, to be quite honest a great many things should have been warning signs, but Hal's higher reasoning had checked out, letting his base impulses and body get exactly what they deserved. Without warning, the floor vanished from beneath his footpaws and he felt gravity perform a complete turn before the floor lurched up to greet him most rapidly and with tremendous force.

I don't think she realizes we were supposed to have sex.

Nah, really? Have fun.

Head spinning from the impact, it took Hal a moment to realize what had just happened, and once he did he used his agility to wriggle free from that incredible grip. "What the hell?!" he shouted, scrambling back to a stand. "Hell of a time to change your mind!"

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 10:32:20 PM
Lady Vissica's long figure rolled fluidly along her flexible spine, depositing the Selonian back onto her feet as her tail thudded the ground. She shifted her weight back and forth on her webbed paws, offering a brief critique during the pause.

"You're right to attack the center of gravity, but you should use your whole body, not just your arms. Like this."

Vissica became a torpedo, leaving her feet in a horizontal leap that caught Hal's waist with her shoulder. She skidded to a halt on all fours as Hal caromed from his feet to the bed, then sprung off the mattress and plastered against the opposite wall in a painful splash.

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 10:42:44 PM
Yeah, remember that time you wondered what it'd be like to have sex in a pinball machine? Well, this.

You are so not helping.

I know. It's great.

When momentum's hold on him released him from the wall, Hal was thankful for the drop back down to the bed below, where he held his paws out, palms first, in protest. "Woah!" he shouted. "Damn, is this how Selonians have sex? It's... very counter-intuitive!"

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 10:47:11 PM
What?

Vissica blinked, suddenly pausing in her tactical regrouping.

"Of course not." she blurted, righting herself to full height.

"We are grappling. You wished to demonstrate your dedication by martial prowess."

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 10:51:29 PM
"No!" Hal blurted. "No, I didn't. I didn't wish that at all!" His head shook violently back and forth. "How the hell did you get that impression?" His mouth hung open in shock, eyes wide and wondering.

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 10:58:26 PM
"You did not make your intentions clear, and left me little but to infer them."

Was she disappointed? Somewhat. For a moment, she'd thought that she had reached the unruly cadet.

"Why else would warriors remove their armor, but to trade their protection for better flexibility?"

Vissica snorted in a puff, her whiskers drooping slightly.

"It seems I was mistaken."

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 11:05:10 PM
Hal's jaw hung open some time longer, the depth of his confusion being so great that it took some time to swim out of without the help of his actual brain. When at last he did, his own posture drooped. "It seems we both were," he admitted glumly. "I thought I was pretty dang clear. But, hey, if you don't want a hell of a good mating session, whatever," he grunted.

Climbing back up off of the bed, his libido was visibly reduced, and he stood sheepishly before the Selonian. "In that case, I'm sorry if you're offended. Wasn't my intent. Maybe I moved too fast."

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 11:18:21 PM
"I am not offended."

Looking down at the crestfallen Nehantite, Vissica reached something of an epiphany, and a moment of surprise crossed her usually-inscrutable expression.

"Selonians are honor bound by duty. Our queens give us purpose, and we spend our lives in dedication to that purpose. For me, I am a warrior. Others serve their queen by dealing with outsiders, building the den, or by raising pups. For males, their duty is to mate with the queens and to give her offspring."

Was this truly the nexus of Kyle Rayner's strange behavior? He was attempting to show his dedication in a way Vissica had not anticipated.

"I am..."

Lady Vissica looked down at Hal again, seeming to chew on her words to find the most appropriate one.

"...flattered, Kyle Rayner."

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 11:24:02 PM
It was all a bit much to take in, and Hal stood there attempting to process it all. He knew of Selonians before meeting Vissica, but knew nothing of their culture. Males were meant for mating? Why was he not a Selonian male?! That seemed most unfair, the more he thought about it. What a job!

A spark of clarity rushed through his brain faster than he could process it, and before his brain could stop him, he smiled and said, "So you've never... mated?"

That devil-may-care smile and raised eyebrow returned, as if he hadn't skipped a beat from earlier in their meeting. "Want to?"

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 11:37:40 PM
"Mating is a sacrament shared between a queen and her harem." Vissica explained as she imagined the pup-nurses explained such things to the younglings. "It is not the place of a warrior to do so. It would be improper."

How different they were. Vissica now regarded the cadet with a spark of curiosity in her expression. Clearly, she could see where the divide lay for her own people, but it was a divide that was not so stark for the likes of Kyle Rayner. Perhaps the Selonians were unique in their dedication to task.

"I appreciate the offer, and I understand it. You wish to show your dedication to me. Unit cohesion is important in battle. You are my subordinate. In time, I hope to count you as my comrade."

A large webbed paw came to rest on Kyle's shoulder, giving a reassuring squeeze.

"Continue to perform your duty admirably, and you will prove your dedication."

Halajiin Rabeak
Jan 22nd, 2016, 11:45:40 PM
Well, it had been worth a try, Hal had to admit, and it certainly hadn't been his worst date ever - not by a long shot. Tail swaying comfortably, his everyday smile returned. As imposing as she was, and for all the evil she stood for, Vissica's paw on his shoulder felt good, and he began to understand the big, sexy Selonian more than he had before. Perhaps in time she'd come around, but until then, things at least seemed to be better.

Giving a curt nod, Hal answered, "I'll do my best." The smirk was not long in hiding, however as his body attempted to salvage what it could out of the situation. "But, as long as we're both here, and both naked... think you could give me some pointers in grappling? Maybe a bit gentler, this time, heh?"

Matatek Sel Vissica
Jan 22nd, 2016, 11:57:58 PM
"Certainly." Vissica replied without missing a beat, beckoning Kyle to stand beside her.

"The first thing to understand is the awareness of your own body in relation to your environment. Your feet, they are too narrow to your hips. Remember, you only assume the threat is in front of your eyes. You should place yourself in a position to respond. Your awareness, it will..."

Vissica finally began to see Kyle Rayner not as a talented but flippant future washout, but as a student with a true opportunity to succeed. Not because she was the one training him. That was only one leg to stand on. The other leg, equally important, was a student ready to listen. To listen and to apply themselves to the task at hand. A student willing to accept a challenge, and to overcome.

True to Kyle's boasting, he proved his dedication to Lady Vissica all through the night. The two spent hours in training, moving from body control poses to practical technique and then into sparring. The Nehantite's quarters suffered through their exertions, but he had probably expected that to happen anyway.

As the evening waned late into morning, the sum of their exertions took their toll. Too tired to spar, the student and the teacher sat on the edge of the bed to discuss what had been learned. It didn't take long after that before Kyle Rayner was lying on his bed asleep...

...and Lady Vissica slept curled up on the floor.