PDA

View Full Version : Character Evaluation thingies

Captain Untouchable
Jan 16th, 2016, 10:51:47 PM
I have never met a bandwagon I didn't like, so I will hop on and ask for some of these as well for my main people, s'il vous plaît!

Jaden Luka / General Luka
Vansen Tyree
Adonis Inirial
Regan Altink
Chir'daki
Mackenzie Tallen
Ceto Rübezahl
Delgado Xaanan

And anyone else of mine (list (http://theholo.net/wiki/index.php/Template:Untouchable)) who particularly sticks out. :uhoh

Charley
Jan 16th, 2016, 11:07:48 PM
Jaden has been interesting to see on both sides of the TFA divide. He's got this relentless emotional needling thing that really helps to get to the resonance of the characters he interacts with. You had me pretty conflicted about how to write that against T'yeellaa, and whether he was cute or irritating or both. I'm kind of intrigued to see him when the engagement isn't so nice and to see how he responds when things start to get serious and dangerous. He's got tons of empathy, but I'm not sure he knows how to talk with a filter, so that could be very good or very bad.

Vansen is amazing. You've got the cadence of a cantankerous war hound down pat. I'm also astounded at how carefully and expertly you can peel back the armor to see the very vulnerable soul within. The little exchange we had with him and Taataani will bear fruit in time, so I hope to do it all the justice you deserve.

Speaking of cantankerous, poor Regan. You channel his dour temperament into brogue like a proper scot. Part of me would really like to see his stormclouds part for a little though. I wonder what he'd be like when some good things happened.

Xaanan is a big question mark to me. Its like I've read the first and last few pages in a book with a huge gap in the middle. The man he seems to be on Corellia seems leagues away from who he has become in the First Order, and I'm very interested to see the mechanism of that transition at work.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 16th, 2016, 11:38:02 PM
I'm gonna have to do this in stages :p

Vansen - I love Vansen. He's an incredibly fun character to read, and you do such an amazing job of channeling angry old man. There's so much untold history that can be sensed right off the bat with him; that he's a storied individual with a dense past that has made him the man he is now. Everything that makes him him is so weighty, and absolutely rooted (if that makes sense). It's honestly hard for me to describe properly without seeming like I'm repeating myself ^_^; He's just an absolute joy to share a thread with, and his relationship with s'Il is one that I know we've talked about, but never got around to finish telling. I'd love to revisit that, since I want to see more of him, and while I see the end result of their shared past, the ins-and-outs of it is still something I'd jump at the chance to explore. Also, the relationship between Vansen and ADAR is one that I am having loads of fun getting into. Seeing how Vansen reacts to something as cranky and crotchety as he is is stellar, and I love playing the ill-mannered droid to your ill-mannered Rendillian in our lovely little Odd Couple.

Regan - Tink is - to me - the guy who's buttons you want to push, and then just give him a kiss on the cheek to make it all better. He's so much fun to read, and the accent! Damn son! It's a fantastic character trait. I love seeing accents and 'subtitles' being employed, as I think it helps to add to immersion, and you do it with precise expertise. I really want to play with him and Sam a lot more, and have them really get into some messed up situations that test their mettle.

Scout Ravenwood
Jan 17th, 2016, 04:24:28 AM
I'm pretty terrible at knowing characters as I still feel very new here, so I can only really do the ones that I've actually interacted with (or at least been around for activity of):

General Luka: I don't really know Luka before the TFA era, but during it, I think you've done a great job of portraying him as an experienced but dedicated general. He really does seem like he could be a real dedicated leader, the kind of person people would be inspired by and really follow. And you write him very well :).