PDA

View Full Version : Visual Dictionary and Incredible Cross sections

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 28th, 2015, 04:17:55 AM
I picked these up on sale and am just starting to browse through them now.

One of my favourite things so far - just a small silly thing - is that Poe Damerons jacket is non-regulation. Even among rebels, he is *the* rebel.

Alis'ans'amey
Dec 28th, 2015, 06:51:14 AM
I like that the visual dictionary has to have a line on how Rey has built up immunity to the sun's radiation to explain why her skin is so flawless living on a desert world :p.

(I also like actually explaining some of the back story >.>).

Didn't bother with the cross-sections since there's hardly any new ships anyway.

Crusader
Dec 28th, 2015, 11:03:36 AM
I like the note that says BB-8 prefers Poe's highly modified black X-Wing from all of his X-Wings. So apparently he has more than 2

Droo
Dec 28th, 2015, 12:00:09 PM
I love my visual dictionary. I should price up the cross sections book. Did you get it from Amazon, Jenny?

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 28th, 2015, 12:01:08 PM
I did - 15 quid for both, instead of 15 each.

Jain Terius
Dec 28th, 2015, 12:02:32 PM
Picked up mine on Amazon too - waiting for tomorrow to hurry up and get here so I can read them. :ohno

Jaden Luka
Dec 29th, 2015, 06:53:12 PM
I have been nerding out over these all day. I love the random little notes, like the fact that Finn didn't realise there were emergency rations under his ejector seat, and the fact that Stormtrooper armour is fire-resistant so the Flametroopers don't accidentally set you on fire. :lol

The Cross-Sections book is a little light, with about half the pages being made up of stills from the movie, but there's still a lot of awesome stuff in there. I like the note that on Han and Chewie's big freighter, the Captain's chair never gets used because Han wants to sit next to his buddy. Also, Han installed a kitchen in the crew cabin on the Falcon, as a wedding present to Leia. You big softy, Solo. :ohno

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 9th, 2016, 02:58:15 PM
I love the visual dictionary <3

Still need to go through it thoroughly.