PDA

View Full Version : Dick Grayson - Nightwing

Dick Grayson
Oct 26th, 2015, 06:33:24 AM
Richard "Dick" Grayson
Twenties :: American :: Knight of Checkmate, alias Nightwing
Currently in: Gotham City

Character Background

Dick is the adopted son of Bruce Wayne, and was the first Robin.
When he outgrew his role as Batman's sidekick, Dick struck out on his own as the vigilante Nightwing.
He has since worked with a number of other vigilantes, both super-powered and otherwise.

Raw Material

Dick worked in the past for the GCPD, but when his double-life as Nightwing compromised he was forced to retreat from public life and consequently left Gotham for a number of years.
Although he currently works for Checkmate, he reports his activities and other intel gathered through Checkmate operations to Batman whenever possible.

Plot Ideas

Some brotherly feuding with the Robins, past and present?
Checkmate espionage
Starfire?

Existing Relationships

Bruce Wayne - his adopted father and mentor, Bruce is a big part of Dick's life - although they haven't always seen eye to eye, they are family
Jason Todd - his successor as Robin, Dick has a strained relationship with Jason... he feels a sense of duty towards Jason and would give anything to see him reformed and stable again
Barbara Gordon - an old friend, there's no one Dick trusts more
???

Current Plots

Nothing!

Jason Garrick
Oct 26th, 2015, 07:16:57 AM
Ah, Mister Grayson. We should probably meet. Checkmate has an assignment that requires your... skills.

Dick Grayson
Oct 26th, 2015, 07:24:30 AM
Delighted to be of service, sir.

John Holden
Oct 26th, 2015, 07:30:54 AM
Did we know each other while you were still on the force, Dick?

Given your new occupation, you might find the spoiler text on my plotter (http://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?56424-Inspector-Holden) to be of interest.

Jason Garrick
Oct 26th, 2015, 07:32:24 AM
Delighted to be of service, sir.

Then I shall make the arrangements. Keep an eye out - I'll be in touch through the usual channels.

:mischief

Dick Grayson
Oct 26th, 2015, 07:34:48 AM
Did we know each other while you were still on the force, Dick?

Are you kidding, John? We were best buds.

;)

Jason Garrick
Oct 26th, 2015, 09:15:02 AM
"the usual channels (http://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?56425-Knight-to-Queen-6)" ;)

Barbara Gordon
Oct 26th, 2015, 11:33:10 AM
Hey dick - what do you think about me calling you to pick me up at the end of my "Into the Narrows" thread? My car got smashed up and I uh, don't want to call my Uncle.

Dick Grayson
Oct 26th, 2015, 12:22:29 PM
Always happy to help, Babs ;)

Supergirl
Oct 26th, 2015, 03:36:49 PM
I'd like to see Supergirl draw the attention of Checkmate or the DEO or something. After all, an unregistered/uncontrolled Kryptonian knocking about in your city is hardly small fry.

Kate Kane
Oct 26th, 2015, 03:41:26 PM
You do seem like a liability...

Supergirl
Oct 26th, 2015, 03:54:42 PM
Hey, look, I already told you, it was Green Lantern who tore the top off that building, not me!