PDA

View Full Version : The Queen of Air and Darkness

Salem Ave
Oct 24th, 2015, 12:49:27 PM
Salem Ave was under arrest.

House arrest to be precise, but it was arrest no less. Two dozen foreign emissaries and dignitaries were present on Hapes Prime during the attack on the Fountain Palace (http://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?55383-Abandonment-10-045&p=1026646#post1026646), and each one of them had been reprimanded under the watchful eye of the Chume'doro – or at least what was left of them. The Alliance's Minister of State was no exception.

They had been crowded into one of the palace's great feast halls and instructed to wait there until further notice. Instructed to wait. Salem's lips pressed together in a thin line. Such was the Hapan way. For all their self-importance, the Chume'doro saw the implication of placing diplomatic agents of a foreign power under arrest. That was why the palace staff had done everything they could to make their 'guests' as comfortable – and more importantly, as quiet – as possible.

“We must ensure the safety and the security of the palace,” was the mantra of the Chume'doro and Chume'nor, whenever they were questioned about the on-going investigations into how and why a pair of Jedi had been able to tear through the palace and its guards. No one had mentioned, in any official capacity, the macabre display in the throne room but the words mentira'n Chume had been whispered in confusion and curiosity. Queen of lies, it meant. As far as statements went, it was a bold one to carve at the foot of the Hapan Queen's throne.

Salem made a point of not engaging in gossip. Though a good many of the other 'guests' had approached him to seek his opinion, or perhaps merely so that they might have an opportunity to hear the sound of their own voice, the Minister of State was characteristically tight lipped.

“A wise precaution,” he'd said, “The Royal Guard have a duty that must be done.”

Lira Terranova
Nov 3rd, 2015, 02:36:38 PM
"Tell me again, Miss Terranova. How it is that you came to be armed in the presence of the Chume?"

Sat in a comfortably upholstered chair of fanciful Hapan design, Lira Terranova did her very best to maintain her composure and simply answer their questions, no matter how many times and different ways they were posed. She told herself that it was only because they too were so concerned with what might have happened to Beatrix, as was she. Interrogating her was a waste of time though, Lira would never harm Beatrix. She loved the little monarch, as surely as she would have loved a child of her own.

"Ta'din Terranova.", Lira corrected, with far more backbone than she had come to Hapes with. "First of Ereneda's ladies, sworn to serve and protect my queen."

"As I have told you. The dagger was given to me by a chume'nor. I couldn't tell you which one, they all look the same to me.", Lira shrugged. It was not the truth, far from it, but it was something they would believe. Her answer matched what she had declared previously, each time omitting the name of Renart Al'Gray from any official record. If he chose to make mention of it, it would still corroborate with her version of the events, they would merely gain a name. She was not about to drag the captain into this mess unless she had no other choice.

"During my time on Onderon I learned how to defend myself, and Queen Adraudia if necessary. There was no reason why I should not also put my skill to use in protecting Queen Beatrix, should it have come to that. I would have gladly given my life for her."

"Ta'din Terranova, being armed before the Chume is treason. You do not seem to grasp the seriousness of your trespass."

"I grasp that the infallible force of the chume'doro was proven incompetent. That Jedi invaded the Chume's city, stormed the Fountain Palace and threatened the Queen Mother, and now you want to point the finger at anyone but yourselves. I suggest you focus on what you will report to the Queen Regent. I do not think that diverting the attention from your own failure by accusing her most trusted and devoted servant of treason will convince her. Now, we're done. I have answered everything at least a dozen times. It has been hours. If you want to know anything else, you will know where to find me."

Lira rose from the seat, mindful of her aching back. It had been nearly a day since she'd had any rest. Ignoring the protests, she departed the room back into the main hall. Footsteps automatically carried her to the proximity of the Minister of State, where she took of a silent position nearby.

Salem Ave
Jan 6th, 2016, 06:53:03 AM
“Ta'din,” Salem inclined his head to Lira Terranova, then a fraction towards the stern-faced investigator who had appeared to be intent on fingering the Queen's own lady as the lightsaber-wielding monster who had torn through the palace. The line of questioning was rigid and did not seem to evolve, no matter how the subject responded. Beautiful and fierce as they may be, the Royal Guard were somewhat lacking in deductive prowess.

“That sounded... difficult,” Ave added, with a nod towards the guards. As yet, there had been no interrogation directed towards the Minister of State, though it was merely a matter of time.

Lira Terranova
May 13th, 2016, 10:21:28 AM
"Minister." Lira responded in a small voice.

Years ago, Lira had quite fancied herself in love with the then Prime Minister of Onderon. Having spent those years in the capacity of lady's maid to Princess Razielle, she had spent a lot of time in the company of them both. Maybe it had always been very simple, she just had no life of her own and so she had tried to live vicariously through the royal ward. Either way, those feelings had faded at some point. She still found the Arkanian handsome and interesting, but it was not his face she dreamed of anymore..

"The difficulty is in being kept from the Chume." Pulling a chain from inside the bodice of her gown, the Onderonian lady checked the time on the elegant little chronometer attached.

"I hope someone she knows is with her. This is her nap time, and she can be difficult when she's tired." As always, Lira's only concern was for the little girl who she loved, no matter her crown.

Salem Ave
May 14th, 2016, 03:21:57 AM
"Your commitment to your duties is as admirable as ever."

It felt like aeons had passed since they had both been in the service and court of Adraudia Basille, Queen of Onderon. Lira had been a dependable ally to Razielle then, as she was now. Her concern for Beatrix was not merely a part of her job, but a sign of true affection. The woman was practically her family.

"Surely the young Chume will be with her mother."

Lira Terranova
May 14th, 2016, 11:33:57 AM
Beatrix was not her duty, but her privilege. She was likely the closest thing Lira would ever have to a daughter of her own, but she made no further comment. One did not argue with the Minister of State. Not unless one's name was Razielle...

"I do hope so.", she agreed that Bea was probably fine, and with Razielle even then. It was just.. a thousand scenarios had played through her mind while she had been shepherded away from the little queen. Maybe the Chume'nor had her barricaded away from even Razielle? Maybe she was scared? Was Captain Al'Gray with her? That thought brought her comfort..

"Was the threat eliminated?", Lira asked, even quieter still. Barely a breath to voice the question. There were aspects to the lives of Razielle and Salem that she did not ask about. She served without question, and she was loyal. - But she was not stupid..

Salem Ave
May 15th, 2016, 03:10:46 AM
The threat? Salem thought of Lilaena falling over the black basalt cliffs (http://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?55383-Abandonment-10-045&p=1025479&viewfull=1#post1025479) that the Fountain Palace stood proudly atop. In that moment, the eyes of the city below had seen Callidus for the first time and their fear had crashed against the cliffs like tidal waves. The threat was not the body tumbling to the ground; it was him.

He looked to Lira, discretion made flesh.

"For now," the Minister offered, at last. "Though there is a great deal more to be done, still."