PDA

View Full Version : John Constantine

John Constantine
Oct 19th, 2015, 06:58:08 PM
John Constantine
Looks mid 30s, actually born in 1953 :: British :: ̶E̶̶̶x̶̶̶o̶̶̶r̶̶̶c̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶t̶̶̶,̶̶̶ ̶̶̶D̶̶̶e̶̶̶m̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶o̶̶̶l̶̶̶o̶̶̶g̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶t̶̶ ̶,̶̶̶ ̶̶̶M̶̶̶a̶̶̶s̶̶̶t̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶ ̶̶̶o̶̶̶f̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶D̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶k̶̶̶ ̶̶̶A̶̶̶r̶̶̶t̶̶̶s̶̶̶,̶ ̶W̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶M̶a̶g̶i̶c̶i̶a̶n̶,̶ ̶C̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶A̶r̶̶̶t̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶t̶̶̶.̶ Occult Detective and "Consultant" to the GCPD
Currently in: Gotham City

Character Background

Born in Liverpool, England. Mom died during childbirth. Has dabbled in magic since he was a lad. Ran away from home as a teen after cursing his alcoholic/abusive father.
Visited the States and formed a punk band in his youth. More dabbling in magic (and magicians) during this time.
First act of occult "heroism" occurred in Newcastle. It didn't go well. At all.
(Insert a lot more random magical madness and losing friends here)
Today - John has become a consulting detective with the GCPD, working in a department nicknamed "Infernal Affairs", which investigates crimes that are allegedly related to magic or the occult. This is probably due to some sort of favor he owes or bet he lost. His (unfortunate) partner is Hector Hall.

Raw Material

Has had his visual (not actual) aging manipulated by let's say "outside forces"
Is pretty much going to be the go-to guy for magical knowledge
Actually rather not use magic if he doesn't have to, would much rather rely on his own wit and such.

Plot Ideas

Magical shenanigans.
Zatanna?
Any excuse to cross paths with the vigilante types, either involved in a case with Hector... or just being annoying.
"Acquiring" books from Gotham Library that might actually have knowledge he doesn't!
Being a terrible influence on the younger heroes

Existing Relationships

Nergal - That "outside force" mentioned above. The reason things went bad in Newcastle. Cause of all of John's headaches.
Hector Hall - Partner in crime-solving
Doctor Fate - Stuck dealing with for dubious reasons

Current Plots

None yet!

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D (http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?act=idx)