PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jon Carter - Booster Gold

Booster Gold
Oct 19th, 2015, 10:37:51 AM
MICHAEL JON CARTER / BOOSTER GOLD
Thirties :: American :: The Greatest Superhero You've Never Heard Of
Currently in: Gotham City

Character Background

Booster was born in Gotham City during the 25th Century. The cool/real 25th Century, not the crappy Buck Rogers one.
After his college football career was cut tragically short, Michael began working as a security guard in the Justice League Museum. Heroically stealing liberating several items from their displays, Booster travelled back in time to the 21st Century seeking fame and fortune to prove himself as a hero. After intervening in an act of terrorism to save the life of the President, Booster Gold earned the attention and love of the media, a vast cadre of adoring fans... and also the DEO. Rather than face a prison term for "illegal use of anachronistic technology", Booster Gold agreed to join the DEO as an agent. He acts as a DEO liaison to the Justice League (which totally counts as being a member, no matter what Batman says), and is currently based at the DEO Field Office / STAR Labs facility in Gotham City.

Raw Material

Booster's equipment consists of three main items: a Legion of Superheroes flight ring from the 29th Century; a force field belt; and a pair of wrist-mounted energy blasters. Booster also has a little AI robot friend named Skeets, who has access to certain historical records from the Justice League Museum's archives.
Booster Gold has the same relationship with the Justice League as Anakin Skywalker had to the Jedi Council. (You take that back!) He is part of the Justice League because the DEO insisted he be, but isn't necessarily regarded as a "proper" member by some of the other Leaguers. Booster considers himself a member of the League though, so everyone else's opinion is pretty much irrelevant.
Despite all his confidence and swagger, Booster is secretly insecure about his heroism and is constantly looking to prove himself, feeling that his tech is what makes him special as opposed to the man wearing it. (No I'm not. Why would you even say that?!)

Plot Ideas

Blue Beetle?
Booster might make an interesting mentor for Hal Jordan, Supergirl, or Superboy. There's a bit of overlap in their powers, he's not a stick in the mud, and he might know a little bit about them from the future so could hint at what they're destined to become... or he could straight up lie; it's not like they're going to know the difference.
Booster will be doing DEO Agent things in relation to the Queen Consolidated situation.
Batman is probably going to find Booster annoying as hell.

Existing Relationships

Skeets - Booster's only friend. Who isn't real, because he's a robot.
Oliver Queen - One of the few Leaguers who considers Booster a proper member. Booster is unusually nice to him, but won't say why.

Current Plots

None yet!

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D (http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?act=idx)

Supergirl
Oct 19th, 2015, 11:00:10 AM
I can't imagine Booster mentoring Kara. I think she'd dislike him and want to show him up. That said, she might relate to somebody from a more advanced society. That could be fun.

Booster Gold
Oct 19th, 2015, 11:06:26 AM
Oh please. You'll love me once you get to know me.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk4bdvQMeE1qbjy8co1_500.gif

Supergirl
Oct 19th, 2015, 11:18:43 AM
You know I can shoot lasers out of my eyes, right?

Booster Gold
Oct 19th, 2015, 11:26:31 AM
Oh, come on. Like Kal hasn't shot me with lasers before. :colbert