PDA

View Full Version : Jason Todd

Jason Todd
Oct 16th, 2015, 12:02:46 AM
JASON PETER TODD
Twenties? :: American :: Vigilante / Anti-Hero / Arkham Inmate
Currently in: Arkham Asylum

Character Background

Jason was the second Robin, following in the footsteps of Dick Grayson.
He was captured by the Joker and was believed to be dead, but was actually tortured by the Joker for several years.
Returning to Gotham, Jason was angry that he was "replaced" and never rescued, and became the Red Hood to fight back against crime in a way that Batman "never had the guts" to do. Batman stopped him, and had Jason committed to Arkham Asylum to recover from his Joker-inflicted trauma.

Raw Material

Jason views having been "replaced" as Robin as a personal betrayal. He feels that Batman "abandoned" him, and never tried to rescue him.
Batman is the last in a long line of parental role models that have let Jason down, and he's now actively hostile towards any sort of authority figure.

Plot Ideas

Jason is in Arkham... for now. He will be getting friendly with the other patients/inmates (particularly Harleen Quinzel), and the two will eventually break out and have Joker-damaged shenanigans. In the meanwhile, anyone who wants to get a little rowdy with the former Boy Wonder is more than welcome to try it. Can't guarantee you'll make it through the encounter with all your teeth, though.

Existing Relationships

Batman - Think Anakin and Obi Wan, but with more limbs and less lava. Jason is keeping his identity secret, for now.
Harleen Quinzel - Best frienemies. Jason insists on using her real name, because "that's who she is" (not what the Joker made her).

Current Plots

The Joke's On Us (http://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?56299-The-Joke-s-On-Us) - Jason and Harley attend a mandatory support group for patients whose lives have been "affected" by the Joker.

Credit for the basic template goes to Dun of RPG-D (http://rpg-directory.com/index.php?act=idx)

Supergirl
Oct 16th, 2015, 11:53:54 AM
I'd love to have Jason and Kara meet. I know on paper these are two vastly different characters, and I don't think they've even ever met in the canon, but I think there's real potential for story between them.

Kara is upbeat, bubbly and believes in the good of people (she's Superman's cousin after all), Jason has seen the worse of people and thinks they deserve to die. Kara is nigh on indestructible, Jason has been tortured and nearly killed. The debate between them could be really interesting; Jason feeling that Kara has the luxury of being optimistic because she can't be hurt; Kara trying to make Jason see the good in people. The question of what Kara should be doing with her powers. After all, give Jason that kind of power and he'd wipe out crime overnight. Of course, there'd be a pretty high body count...

But it could go even deeper, because no matter how much Jason is 'poor me' and all tortured, and acting like Kara is some blonde princess who has everything she wants, Kara lost her entire planet. So she knows pain and loss as well.

Basically I feel like there's an awful lot of story we could do between their philosphies.

Jason Todd
Oct 16th, 2015, 01:01:49 PM
I really like that idea. I'm not sure that Jason will actually take anything that Kara has to say on board (for Jason it's more about betrayal than about loss), but it'll definitely be a cool conversation to have, and it's probably not a side of Kara you can show off all that much around the other supers at the moment, so I'm all for it. :)

I do want to keep Jason in Arkham for a little bit though, so for this to happen soon-ish we'd have to come up with a reason for Supergirl (or Linda) to come and visit him there. Maybe the people who snag her and Captain Burritobowels Wally West are led by a copycat Red Hood? That'd maybe give Kara a reason to want to come visit the "real" Red Hood to ask him a few questions.

Supergirl
Oct 16th, 2015, 01:04:43 PM
I don't mind waiting until he's out :). I think it'd be more fun if they clashed on actual superhero activities. Or maybe Arkham itself gets attacked and Kara helps?

Jason Todd
Oct 16th, 2015, 01:11:28 PM
Definitely possible. Haven't quite sussed out what he's going to be doing when he gets out - right now all Sarah and I have come up with is "Wouldn't it be cool if Jason Todd and Harley Quinn were friends?", so we'll have to see what happens when they get out. :lol

Supergirl
Oct 16th, 2015, 01:14:19 PM
An attack on Arkham could work then? Maybe even the goal is to free Jason for some reason (some villain might want to recruit him). That way they get to meet but he's still an inmate.

Jason Todd
Oct 16th, 2015, 01:34:01 PM
Possibly! I'll talk to Sarah about it later - we haven't put any thought into when/how Jason and Harley are gonna escape, so I don't know if we're wanting to break out ourselves, have someone specific break us out for a specific reason, etc. Once we suss it out, you'll be the first to know. :)

(mostly because you're in the UK and you live 5-8 hours in the future compared to everyone else ;))

Barbara Gordon
Oct 16th, 2015, 01:59:22 PM
...aren't you also in the UK?

Supergirl
Oct 16th, 2015, 02:13:22 PM
The break out could fail and you could end up back in prison?

Jason Todd
Oct 16th, 2015, 02:31:25 PM
...aren't you also in the UK?

I think we all know that I am a Time Lord who lives outside the restrictions of your puny human time zones. ;)

And yeah, the jail break could fail. I dunno. Just don't want to come up with any plans or anything while Sarah's not around to chime in. :)

Supergirl
Oct 16th, 2015, 02:38:28 PM
Ok, we can wait and see what she says.

Maybe after Kara 'loses' the argument (ie: can't convince Jason to turn back to the light) she dumps him back in prison because there's no saving him :p

Dick Grayson
Oct 26th, 2015, 07:02:02 AM
Oh, little brother.. :(

Jason Todd
Oct 26th, 2015, 07:18:12 AM
You never call, you never write, you never visit...

Really living up to the name there, Dick.

:colbert

Dick Grayson
Oct 26th, 2015, 07:24:10 AM
I've got my eye on you, Jason. I can't just... walk into Arkham Asylum, though. However much I might want to.

Jason Todd
Oct 26th, 2015, 07:37:38 AM
And I can't just walk out, Ricky.

Hell of a stalemate we've got here.