PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battlefront: OPEN BETA

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2015, 10:16:55 AM
What system are you playing on? What do you like about it?

What bugs have you found?

TELL ME EVERYTHING :supaburn:

I played the CLOSED Beta last night, oh yeah, taking advantage of getting an early in. I didn't go into the co-op part of it last night, just the Survival mode on Tatooine. I was stomped to death by a few AT-STs - I was like "the underside is their weak spot!" *stompstompstomp*

They stomp you quite energetically if you get underneath them. The first time I did it on purpose (looking for a weak spot), the second time was a misjudged jumppack leap.

The jumppack is awesome, took some getting used to but I loved leaping about. The Beta (at least for Xbone) didn't have the tutorial available and I'm not an experienced gamer so I was figuring stuff out as I went. I still don't know how to crouch :lol

Loved the game, and it looks awesome.

Minnie Starshine
Oct 8th, 2015, 11:11:12 AM
I'm downloading it just to find out if it'll work on my PC >.>

Zereth Lancer
Oct 8th, 2015, 11:44:21 AM
My Graphics card cannot handle it. I am pursuing a new computer rig in order to play this, and other games, coming out this fall.

Minnie Starshine
Oct 8th, 2015, 02:41:03 PM
My computer can't even run Origin so I can't try it :(

Droo
Oct 9th, 2015, 03:54:06 AM
Everything about this game makes good on fulfilling the Star Wars experience, from the look of the maps, to the feel of the weapons, to the music, and the excellent sound effects. It looks gorgeous, and runs smooth as silk on my computer. The two multiplayer modes available to demo couldn't be more different, too:

Drop Zone - I love this. It's fast paced, tactical, and fun. The map is a perfect size for the jump packs to make a difference without making it feel small. Loads of nooks and crannies to take cover, plenty of opportunity for team co-ordination that makes a difference, and great replayability. This was the first game type I played, and I fell in love with it.

Walker Assault - And then I played this. Walker Assault isn't so much an FPS as it is a cross country simulator, in that you run/jump pack for ages and get shot by a sniper on a ridge, or by a rampaging AT-ST, or mowed down by a turret, only to start all over. There's plenty going on, but I cannot enjoy any of it. Proper team work is required here, I think, at least in order for me to feel engaged with all of the chaos going on around me. Unfortunately, the way the team system works is a bit dumb. Unlike in previous Battlefields, where you would form a squad and respawn on your squad leader, each player has to pick a different partner to spawn on, meaning that, despite the fact that you're in a team, there's no unit cohesion. If your partner dies and you spawn on him, you're nowhere near the rest of the team.

So far, and despite the fact that it's an epic recreation of the Battle of Hoth, I find Walker Assault dull, unengaging, and repetitive, and the map is ridiculously imbalanced in favour of the Empire, it seems. I'm yet to see the Rebels win a game.

Drop Zone sold me on the game, and Walker Assault has put me off it completely. It's a shame there's not a third multiplayer game type for me to play to help me decide on whether I should buy it or not.

Callista
Oct 9th, 2015, 08:46:48 AM
Trying it out tonight/this weekend on PS4!! I'm a PC gamer at heart, but I've been doing Destiny with the boyfriend for a little bit now and he wants to play. :)