PDA

View Full Version : OOC for Jovan Diplomatic Incidentals

Gilad Harth
Sep 29th, 2015, 03:08:12 PM
[Anar here in another guise]

As you might have noticed I am setting up as the Imperial Liaison to Jovan Station (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?55766-Jovan-Diplomatic-Incidentals). I think this would be infinitely more fun to have someone else along for the ride. I am thinking someone in the role of a military attaché and/or chief aide. They might be an existing character or a new one, newly assigned to Harth or a long term associate. They could be an organic or a droid. The key thing is that they are different from Harth. He is a somewhat whimsical and occasionally overconfident career diplomat who might benefit from having someone working with/for him that has a different point of view. Anyone game?

Tal
Sep 29th, 2015, 04:40:56 PM
Would you consider a rehabilitating captain in the Imperial Navy? Whimsical he is not, though he sometimes laughs at his own terrible jokes. He is arrogant and anti-droid, but generally competent and fanatically devoted to the Empire. The very idea of all this ... diplomacy ... is rather distasteful to him. Why can't everyone just understand that the Empire is right and has the best interests of everyone in mind? It's so clear.

Gilad Harth
Sep 30th, 2015, 01:22:23 AM
Well that'd be swell. I shall see about giving you an opening in the thread.

Anyone else fancy hopping on the diplomacy bandwagon?

Kyryanu Sevon
Sep 30th, 2015, 01:46:15 AM
I'm game :) Whether it's as a new addition or an old acquaintance is up to you. I'm still working out Kyry's role in post-reset, but am totally up to suggestion. If it's a simple secretary or something more, I'm keen to explore Kyry's new role :)

Gilad Harth
Sep 30th, 2015, 06:38:49 AM
I'd be glad to have you aboard, too. Do you think that a fellow diplomat, perhaps someone who has worked with Harth before would be plausible?

Tal
Sep 30th, 2015, 09:33:22 AM
I will anxiously await my opening. And it should be noted that, though Tal is not particularly fond of the concept of diplomacy, if the Empire assigns him to a position related to diplomacy, he's going to use his full diplomatic abilities to diplomacy the hell out of things.

Kyryanu Sevon
Sep 30th, 2015, 10:52:11 AM
A fellow diplomat is definitely a possibility. I'm thinking that Kyry is trying to escape the notion that there's a streak of insanity in her family, since her brother Khendon went just a bit south of sane (after an unfortunate experience on Cathar). So she's pretty determined to dispel the notion that the Sevon line has a foot in madness.

She would look at a posting to Jovan as a good thing, since she'd been shuttled off to fringe offices and not given much attention in her previous assignments. Perhaps she knows of Harth, and he her? That way we can play with general awareness of one another, but there's still a lot of first impressions that we can play with. That way we get some familiarity and newness all in one package?

Gilad Harth
Sep 30th, 2015, 11:10:13 AM
I like this idea. Could they both have served on the delegation that settled the peace with the Alliance? I imagine that having been a fairly big group so they could have encountered one another in passing sufficiently recently for Harth to have takan note of Kyry and thought of her for his new team.

Kyryanu Sevon
Sep 30th, 2015, 11:45:22 AM
That could definitely work. She'd be on the periphery for sure during that time, but I don't see it being outside the realm of possibility that she may have had some offhand comment that made its' way to Harth and caught his ear to a degree?

Gilad Harth
Sep 30th, 2015, 12:36:25 PM
Ok then this looks like a good start. If others want to join in along the way, maybe arriving at Jovan after Harth and the core team, then I'd be happy with that.

Here's my thinking for our next moves. I'll post something putting our bunch of diplomatists en route to Jovan and give an opening for Tal and Kyry. I'm thinking a cutaway from Harth musing to Tal holding forth to Kyry and other members of the delegation on some point of doctrine. He's a genuine enthusiast for the New Order by all accounts and in a room full of people who are more...shall we say more realistic?...more realistic than he is about the Empire.

Does that sound a good way in?

Commander Adras
Sep 30th, 2015, 12:52:19 PM
I had been planning on making this guy head of Imperial Security in Jovan, but sadly not many opportunities for him to be written on Jovan and few Imperial characters had me sidelining him. If all such dockets are full up, I'm sure I can find something else for him to do.

Zereth Lancer
Sep 30th, 2015, 01:04:36 PM
I don't have any existing characters to throw at this, but I could easily create a new one for any roles needed. Just let me know if there's any particular niche you feel is lacking. No worries if there isn't. I don't want to bloat things up with too many characters.

Gilad Harth
Sep 30th, 2015, 02:14:44 PM
I don't see why Harth would not bring along at least one security person. Valentin could be that guy.

Zereth, why don't we see what comes up? I am pretty sure we'll spot an opening in short order for you to fill with someone splendid.

Kyryanu Sevon
Sep 30th, 2015, 11:22:03 PM
I'll await your signal :)

Gilad Harth
Oct 2nd, 2015, 01:38:30 PM
I've posted something I hope gives you a point of entry, Tal. Tell me if you think you need a diffeerent setup. I'm trying to hint that Tal is likeable enough but not a natural diplomat because of his background and beliefs. Harth just finds him a bit much.

Gilad Harth
Oct 5th, 2015, 01:12:09 PM
Oh I do like Tal he's so...Talish.

I hope I have created a suitable opening for Kyryanu. I think having her as the de facto number two to Harth makes sense. I think, in the circumstances, the rank of First Secretary seems fitting (i.e. top career officer but short of leadership).

One suggestion. Diplomats are pernickerty about rank. Perhaps, as a petty way to keep Tal in his place, they go out of their way to call him "Captain Kellison" as a reminder that he is not in command (and, therefore, "the Captain" or "Captain") anymore?

Tal
Oct 5th, 2015, 05:53:29 PM
Oh absolutely, I expect this will be a rather humbling experience for him. I just didn't want to speak for the diplomats in my first post.

Kyryanu Sevon
Oct 6th, 2015, 12:30:05 AM
Kyry is a sneaky mean person. All in the name of diplomacy, though!

Gilad Harth
Feb 6th, 2016, 04:03:25 PM
Would anyone out there care to setup the Imperial arrival? I rather like the idea of it being introduced from the perspective of a station denizens.

Charley
Feb 6th, 2016, 04:15:13 PM
I have denizens who can emote, sure!

Gilad Harth
Feb 7th, 2016, 11:08:45 AM
Emote away.

Tamera Beck
Feb 7th, 2016, 11:27:21 AM
Fantastic!

I'm gonna eat a pizza to celebrate.

Gilad Harth
Feb 8th, 2016, 03:36:34 PM