PDA

View Full Version : From Kroskova with Love

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 26th, 2015, 04:30:58 PM
The trip had been... enjoyable. It was the only polite way to describe the 2-and-a-half days she'd spent with Anauri on his cargo ship. He had not been lying about there only being one cabin - that had not been an issue.

She was incredibly thankful for the refresher and sonic shower that was also present on the vessel, and she now found herself resting in a chair after having finished an extra long one. She was not sure what species she would encounter on Ossus, and did not want to introduce herself smelling of pheromones and lust. She watched Anauri pilot and fought the urge to critique him. There was nothing wrong with how he piloted, but her own instincts told her there were ways he could be better, not many, but she saw them.

It wasn't her place to needle him with such trifling thoughts though, especially not as he prepared to land. They would likely need to go separate ways once they arrived. He had supply issues to deal with, and a friend to visit, and she needed to find a member of the council and present herself. Her superiors were most likely not happy that she was a day late from her unplanned stop on Jovan, and had not checked in with news.

She stood, buttoning her flight jacket and approached him slowly, her tail twitching almost imperceptibly, ears flat. She was not certain she had the words for a goodbye to the older male - and was concerned that her own instincts, and his scent may overwhelm her good senses and force her to require yet another shower.

"Re... I..." She managed to stammer out with a heavy swallow.

Anauri Rabeak
Apr 26th, 2015, 04:39:50 PM
It had come to an end, as all good things must, Anauri told himself. For a few days he'd felt like a young man, again, and he had rediscovered so much about himself, and more so about Stashia. Was it love? He wasn't sure yet. Was it lust? Absolutely, but perhaps that was not so bad. Garfife had created all Nehatites with a stronger animal nature than most, and he did not fault them when they fell victim to it. Or chose to revel in it.

But it was ending, and the older engineer's heart sank, having not prepared himself to deal with his impending loss. Still, there it was, looking him in the face as he eased his small cargo ship down onto a landing pad, and sighed along with the engines as they powered down.

"I know," he answered. "You have to go, and... and I can't go with you."

His eyes fell to his control panel, paws still on the flight yoke. "You have an amazing adventure in front of you, something I could never offer. These days have been the best I've known in years, but... I have to know..." His eyes turned up to her, a sort of sadness reflected in them. "Was this love, or... were we just falling for our instincts?"

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 26th, 2015, 05:19:55 PM
She felt pulled into those eyes, and wanted nothing more than to press he muzzle to his forehead and give the male the comfort to make that sadness, that pain go away, certain that her own pink eyes had grown wet with sentiment.

She dared not even approach closer, as much as she longed to. She knew she wouldn't be willing to let him go. The split she felt between her obligations and the man threatened to tear her heart into two pieces, and perhaps that would be best. She could at least send one half with the male when he left. But she couldn't, and it would be easiest to tell him that it had been nothing but their desires. To make this split easier for them both, it was a fling and nothing more.

But that felt hollow and untruthful. There was already too much she had held back from him, from his associates on Jovan. This, despite the pain she knew it would cause to them both, could not be one. "I do not know." She sighed truthfully. "Perhaps we will yet find out, eh?" She tried to smile weakly, ears perking for a moment before falling again. She could not even promise to see him again, she wished to but... there was no way to promise such a thing. "If Garfife wills it, we will see one another again." She turned to pick her duffel up from beside the chair. "I have to go, Re..." She hesitated, paws tightening into the canvas strap. "Be well and safe." She looked back at him, her pink eyes moist, vision clouding, "Be happy, Re. I wish for you to be happy."

Anauri Rabeak
Apr 26th, 2015, 08:22:29 PM
Anauri bit his lower lip to keep it from trembling, and to keep from blurting out what he truly wished to say. He wanted it to be love, he wanted that so desperately, and yet at the same time, he hoped it wasn't. He'd had his heart broken before, most completely, and he was not sure he could bear the strain of it again. Eyes falling away he sighed, shoulders slumping. He had to let her go. He had to say goodbye. He had to...

...kiss her once more.

Without warning, the older Nehantite rushed forward, sweeping Stashia up in his arms and kissed her deeply upon the lips. When at last it broke, he stroked her cheek with a paw and smiled. "I wish for you to be happy as well. I'll be here, tonight, if you want to come back and see me, but for now I best not hold you back from this new adventure. It might be scary at first, but... I believe in you. And if you ever find yourself worrying or doubting, I'm only a holo call away, got it?"

Another kiss, this one gentle, sweet, and he let go, smoothing her jacket so she would look prim and proper. "Now, you get out there and show them what a Kroskovan can do, eh?"

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 26th, 2015, 08:44:28 PM
She had been about to turn, to walk away from him for a second time when he had closed the distance between them, sweeping her into his arms. She went willingly, muzzle pressing warmly into his for the passionate kiss, and then lingering on the second, gentle one. Her paws dug into his arms and she debated just how much trouble she could possibly get into by ignoring her superior's orders and returning with Anauri to Jovan. As De'Ville had told her... she had options, did she not?

No, not really. Not yet at least. She let him fix her jacket, tooth digging into her bottom lip as he encouraged her like a parent to a child. She smiled at that, broad and warm and full of care for her lover and snapped to attention, paw going rigid as she saluted him properly. "Sir, yes sir." She said with a choking laugh, before turning and picking her duffel back up from where it had fallen in his sweeping embrace.

"I will call Anauri." She knew she shouldn't promise such a thing, knew she was saying something she may not be able to follow through with. She didn't care. She wanted to call, wanted to speak to him again when this was all over. She turned, taking a deep breath to steady herself and walked down the ramp, out of the cargo ship. She brought her paw up to shield herself from the sudden change to natural light and looked down the thoroughfare. Somewhere on this path she would find someone, she hoped, who could tell her where to find the Jedi Council.

Zem Vymes
Apr 27th, 2015, 10:49:00 PM
With his daily life somewhat disrupted by the Cizerack working to build a new house, Zem found himself taking roads less traveled on his commute. Now walking from his spare room in the dormitory, the Jedi Master crossed the road to the mess tent, where he would get his morning caf. It was a paltry sad cup compared to what he'd brew himself, but rather than focus on what lacked, Zem was content to have any caf at all rather than none.

As he emerged from the mess tent, he spotted a conspicuous sight on the tarmac. The ship wasn't particularly remarkable, but the woman lingering beside it as she said goodbyes certainly was.

"That must be our tardy Nehantite."

Zem approached the tarmac, allowing the woman to get her goodbyes out of her system. It seemed there was a lot of emotion there, and hesitation.

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 27th, 2015, 11:48:10 PM
She turned to see an older human male approaching, her ears twitched, head drooping to one side. Was this him? Her contact? He had certainly made a direct path toward her, maybe he was the authority that regulated parking and was coming to inform Re he was in a loading and unloading zone only.

Who could say?

She breathed in deeply through her nose, muzzle wrinkling as she sucked in air, and then let it out with a final, loud sigh. She did this one more time and steadied herself, standing up straighter. She was a professional after all. She walked toward the man, and stopped just before him.

"First Lieutenant Stashia Yachenka, Kroskovan Federal Aerospace Corps" She saluted and held herself at attention. She really hoped he wasn't just the parking attendant.

Zem Vymes
Apr 27th, 2015, 11:55:03 PM
It had been quite some time since Zem had experienced the special joys of military procedure. He watched the Nehantite pilot snap to attention in what certainly seemed an appropriate disciplined salutation. Holding his cup of caf in front of him, Zem's crows feet creased at his eyes as he afforded Stashia a tight little smile.

"At ease, Lieutenant."

Speaking of at ease. Zem took a sip of his weak caf, regarding the woman who stood before him.

"We were expecting you a few days ago. Run into trouble?"

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 27th, 2015, 11:59:55 PM
Her stance relaxed, feet widening, and paws clasping together behind her back.

"Yes, unfortunate difficulties. We were forced to stop at Jovan Station, and there was... incident with my pilot. I..."

She turned back to the cargo vessel she'd just left for a moment, lingering thoughts on Anauri, "I was forced to make new arrangements for travel."

"I must apologize for delay. This is not usual for myself."

Nothing had been though, the stop, the apparent bribe her pilot had taken, the woman... De'Ville. And of course, Anauri - her thoughts continued to linger on him. She tried to clear her head, it was nothing she could focus on now, this was her contact, and she would continue to act in the way of a trained Kroskovan airman.

Zem Vymes
Apr 28th, 2015, 12:07:23 AM
"Well, I wouldn't raise much fuss over that, Lieutenant. Your first lesson among the Jedi will be that sometimes things happen when they happen, and for reasons we may or may not be privy to."

Zem again sipped at his weak caf.

"That is, of course, should we find you fit to be trained. Your government was rather forthcoming with information about your aptitudes and potential, almost to the point of propaganda. I imagine they are quite proud?"

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 28th, 2015, 12:21:22 AM
Of course the Kroskovan government had sent every record they cut put together, every positive piece they could arrange. Proud? Proud was hardly the word she would use, they were nearly fanatical in their desire to see her become a Jedi, to establish the Kroskovan state as the place where the first Midlothian Jedi had come from. It would give them influence amongst the regions.

"This..." She considered how freely she could speak, the Jedi had no allegiance to Nehantish, let alone to Midloth or Kroskova... were there potential spies about?

Нет. Paranoia, nothing more.

"This is understatement." She seemed to relax, at least a bit. "There is no secret that amongst the people of my world there is still much in way of rivalry. Nehantish, they claim first Jedi many years ago. Kuf? Announce second is from their land. For third to be Midlothian. To be Kroskovan? Yes, I am thinking there is much pride for them in this."

Zem Vymes
Apr 28th, 2015, 11:41:03 AM
"Do you feel proud?"

Zem again sipped from his caf, examining the Kroskovan initiate's expressions carefully. There was a wide range of emotions coming off the young pilot, which Vymes intended to divine as soon as possible.

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 28th, 2015, 03:58:56 PM
She turned her head to one side, headfur falling across her vision, an expression of introspection crossing her face.

Proud? Was she proud? She had not considered that. It had never been a thought of how she felt about being an adept, other than apprehensive. It had been what she was required to be, and to do, as an adept.

"I do not know." She said with honesty, "I am knowing very little of the Force. Of the Jedi. I do not know if this is thing to be proud of."

"I have always thought of myself as special, yes. I am excellent pilot, this is always the gift I am having. If… the Force is the reason I am good at this? Then I suppose I am proud of that."

Her body language was starting to become more natural, the relaxed atmosphere that the man exuded by simply talking to her as he enjoyed his cup of caf - the rigidity of her tail as she had been at attention drooped as she brought a paw up to brush her bangs away.

"To be fair, Sir, I am being more confused than anything. I know what my duty is to my people, I know what I have been told that I am to become. It seems all I have encountered lately," she thought of De'Ville only momentarily, banishing the woman just as quickly from her mind as she had arrived, "are having an opinion on what I should do."

Her eyebrows raised, "All I am ever wanting is to be pilot. Rest is… unknown to me."

Zem Vymes
Apr 28th, 2015, 05:27:11 PM
"If a pilot is all you wish to be, there are certainly easier routes to take you there, Lieutenant. There are some among our order who are great pilots, but the calling of a Jedi is to that of a higher purpose and one of no small sacrifice."

Master Vymes traced a finger along the rim of his mug as he spoke.

"And I can tell you from experience that if you intend on taking that path, your pride will only burden you."

Zem glanced behind to the ship that had not yet taken off. He felt the eyes fixed upon them from the cockpit.

"I don't envy you. It sounds as if you've had so many choices imposed upon you already. Be careful that the choice you take is your own."

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 28th, 2015, 08:18:48 PM
Her tail swayed slowly, cadence slowing until it sat still and low, almost flush against her leg as she listened to the Jedi admonish her. For the second time in a matter of days she truly felt out of her depth. It was becoming increasingly obvious that in her government's haste to send her to the Jedi there was a lot they had not prepared her for. Though something the human male said stood out, and even as her body language had started to look like someone defeated by their circumstance, there was still that fierce spark of passion and drive that had seen her through so much of her career in the Corps.

She managed to fix him with a quizzical gaze, ears finally perking forward. "I am being allowed this choice?"

De'Ville had warned her, cautioned her about what her options were - her superiors had ordered her here, and she had assumed that it would much like changing regiments - that it was merely an act of presenting herself before the Jedi. The questions though. His words when they had began. It was not merely that they need to determine she was a proper candidate, it very much sounded as if he expected her to make this decision, and not the beaurocratic pencil pushers so many parsecs away.

Zem Vymes
Apr 28th, 2015, 09:17:11 PM
"You're not being allowed a choice. The choice is and always will be yours."

Zem deferred to the Nehantite with a nod of his head.

"We are not an army, nor are we a nation. We have no such imposition to place upon those who consider training. If you choose, it should be done of your whole self, and it is a lifetime commitment. I am not trying to frighten you away, Stashia. Far from it. I want to be sure that the first step you take forward is the most earnest step you've taken in your life."

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 28th, 2015, 11:01:30 PM
Stashia's eyes searched at this new knowledge, a revelation. Technically, technically she was not a member of the Kroskovan military in that moment. Her orders had said she was relieved. This was the reason for that decision then, joining this order was not a military position, and it was not something she would eventually be transferred from.

She fought to contain the odd sense of freedom this thought had given her - especially since she still found herself just as trapped. Joining their order would make her no longer beholden to the order to join their Order. It was... an odd duality.

"As I am saying, I am not knowing much of the Jedi. Perhaps you can tell me more? In this I will be prepared to make commitment, and make certain choice is one I am making. Is acceptable, yes?"

Zem Vymes
Apr 29th, 2015, 12:53:09 AM
A wizened smile crossed Zem's age-hewn face. He gestured for Stashia to follow as he turned on the path.

"Walk with me."

The Jedi Master allowed the Kroskovan to catch up, sipping his caf again in the meantime.

"My name is Zem-El Vymes. Like you, I too was once a star pilot."

The corners of Vymes' mouth turned upward slightly.

"A long time ago."

Ahead, the sprawl of Sanctuary beckoned. The foot traffic of the day was in it's swell, and numerous Jedi, civilians, and military personnel could be seen going about their business. An electric din of lightsaber sparring sounded ahead and to the left.

"You see, for countless generations past, the Jedi Knights have been the guardians of peace and justice. You come to the order in the moment past the eleventh hour. Dark times that nearly snuffed the light from the galaxy - only to be pushed back by rekindling hope."

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 29th, 2015, 01:15:35 AM
It only took a moment for her to catch up to the already walking Jedi as they made their way toward Sanctuary. Construction seemed to be everywhere, her attention was drawn by at least one Nehantite engineer coming out of a building, but returned sharply to the man's words at the mention of these dark times. Her tone went quieter.

"It is the Empire you speak of, yes? These... dark times."

She nodded, "Они монстры ..."

"Jedi then... I am confused. You are saying they are not military, but... they are protectors? This... is... uh.... Что такое слово... champion?" She could not think of the word in Basic, her own people spoke of legendary warriors and heroes. Is this what Jedi were meant to be, or at least to be emulating?

Zem Vymes
Apr 29th, 2015, 01:32:22 AM
"They are."

Zem's pace slowed. It was too easy for him to think of the dark times. Through his years they passed quickly in his mind. So many faces and friends. All cut short before their time. Few Jedi had ever experienced sacrifice on this scale until his generation. He hoped the scar tissue formed would not in any way impinge on his duties to teach the ones who followed.

Fortunately, Stashia continued in her journey of understanding. Zem turned at her best approximation. Champion. He considered her word, and dipped his head slightly in acceptance.

"When the times call for it, yes. And when there is peace, we are called to be mediators, arbitrators, and counselors. It was not that long ago that the Old Republic called on our tasks more in matters of peace than in war. Unfortunately for my generation, we have seen so very little peace."

A sparkle grew in Zem's eye as he appraised the earnest pilot next to him.

"That is the hope for a new generation of pupils. And if you so choose, for you as well."

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 29th, 2015, 01:49:04 AM
There was no deception that she could see in his tone, his way. If he were selling her a story, it was one that he believed with all his heart. There were legends, of course, of Jedi. She had not believed them. Fairy tales told to kits to keep them wide eyed and fill them with wonder at a wider galaxy than most any of them would know.

Had her own papa, speaking of his years as a cargo hauler - as a talented pilot amongst the stars not told stories of these Jedi? He had even claimed to have smuggled one through an Imperial blockade. Such was fantasy and fiction... was it not?

Her lips tightened against her muzzle. Perhaps it was not. There was... comfort here, peace. She had to admit, even in the few moments of discussion so far, she found herself at ease compared to the stress she had experienced leading up to this experience. Perhaps the life of a Jedi was one that was worth considering.

Her ears perked, sounds at a distance some measure away, kits? Yes, the laughter of children - of the kits of other species. She had never heard children laughing on her military base, not unless a family was visiting, and that was rare. She recalled the time she loved to spend with her nieces and nephews. To tell them of all her adventures... How excited would they be to hear stories of the life of a Jedi then?

It was much to consider - but her apprehension had finally left her at least. "Perhaps..." She said with a slowly forming smile, her own pink eyes starting to brighten at one potential future ahead of her. "You are teachers then, yes? Many roles the Jedi fill, I am seeing. Would be possible to watch a class then?" She asked, curiosity getting the best of her.

Zem Vymes
Apr 29th, 2015, 11:16:39 PM
"Not every Jedi teaches," Zem put forth as a cautionary, before smiling. "though they are encouraged to do so. Many of our young students begin their training in group sessions, learning guided meditation, the histories, and even the Jedi martial arts."

One such class was in the midst of convening to their right, as Anbira Hicchoru began to lead a crop of younglings through breathing classes that would form the foundation of their meditation training.

"The true education of a Jedi, however, comes when a student becomes a Padawan Learner, under the tutelage of a Knight or a Master. This is learning that can take a decade or more to complete, and imparts the teacher's full wisdom to their student. The bond between a padawan and a teacher is quite strong, and you can see the bond through their common understandings."

But this was for another time. In the meantime, it was best to begin with the fundamentals. Zem gestured to the meditation tent.

"Would you like to observe?"

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 29th, 2015, 11:31:40 PM
Meditation. Martial arts. Her ears perked forward at these concepts, she very much enjoyed the hand to hand training she had in the academy, another thing she had excelled in, alongside her pilot instincts.

She wondered how much different the style of the Jedi was to her own training, to Система. She had expected a culture so alien to hers as to be unrecognizable, but she was finding a routine that had a tone of familiarity. Perhaps the Jedi had cultivated these methods, focused on universal concepts. Her smile seemed to brighten at the question.

"This I would be liking very much." She answered eagerly. Anauri had been right, this was a great opportunity for her. She could feel her heart skip a beat faster as what had previously been apprehension was turning into excitement. She was having to fight to keep her tail from giving away the fact that she had already come to a decision - it was only polite to finish the tour first, after all.

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 30th, 2015, 12:12:06 AM
"Urbi, chin up. Back straight."

Pacing around his students, Anbira continued to light the rounds of candles and incense that created the proper environment to free one's mind of weighty thoughts and reactions. Waiting for one bundle of incense to catch, he nodded to a young human girl.

"Kestra, back straight. In slowly. Three count. Hold one. Release. Make this automatic, don't think it."

Two visitors parted the tent flap, and Anbira turned to greet Master Vymes and an unknown face with a bow.

"Master, we're just beginning here. Have you come to observe?"

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 30th, 2015, 12:28:26 AM
Stashia looked over their forms, their postures. The slow rhythmic sound of breathing filling the tent. She was almost afraid to draw a breath herself in case she were to accidentally disturb the atmosphere and ambiance that the Jedi Knight had managed to create around the students.

She crossed her paws behind her back, uncertain if she should return the bow, and brushed her tail down to keep it from swaying. No need to kick up a breeze and put out any candles or incense, that would certainly not make a good impression.

Zem Vymes
Apr 30th, 2015, 10:30:37 PM
Zem returned Anbira's bow of greeting. Rising, he placed a hand on Stashia's shoulder.

"We have. Knight Hicchoru, this is Stashia Yachenka, from Kroskova. She's come to Ossus with thoughts of joining the Jedi Order."

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 30th, 2015, 10:41:22 PM
"Kroskova?"

Anbira searched the features of the Nehantite, unfamiliar with the nation's name. Ndonsa was not the most cosmopolitan of her people to say the least.

"Another journeywoman from Nehantish? I welcome you. I am Anbira Hicchoru."

A serene smile nearly obscured by beard, Anbira gestured with a calloused hand to an opening in the circle.

"Be my guest, of course. Observe all you wish. The serenity of meditation has benefits that aid more than just the Jedi. If you choose to take the path, you will see more."

Stashia Yachenka
Apr 30th, 2015, 11:01:07 PM
She nodded politely stepping toward the offered seat. "Kroskova, yes. We are part of Midlothian union." She took a place in the circle, legs crossing and tail coming to rest behind her as she straightened her back and looked around the circle, before focusing on the teacher, Anbira.

"I thank you." She bowed gently from her seated position, and returned to her previous posture. She found herself slowly closing her eyes, and it was hard not to immediately fall into her own techniques, even so far divorced from the training in Система that had taught them to her.

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 30th, 2015, 11:33:19 PM
It was keenly aware that Stashia already had some teachings of meditation. She assumed a poised upright posture when sitting, where a novice would slouch to meet hands to knees. Anbira returned to his spot at the head of the circle, nodding to Master Vymes, who merely watched on from the entryway.

"Class, on a three count, I want you to return to center. Three...two...one...back."

A circle of statuesque padawans at once opened their eyes, and it occurred to Stashia that throughout their interactions they had been thoroughly undisturbed, as if shut off from the world. Anbira rested his hands palms upturned onto his knees, with thumbs touching each ring finger in a delicate kiss.

"We have a guest among us, students. This is Stashia Yachenka."

A dozen Hello Stashias issued in even young voices speaking in unison.

"Let us show Stashia the serenity and clarity that form the foundation of our training. We begin the Heji Tal with a deep breath.....in."

A good five count passed before the entire assembly let their witheld breath subside in a whisper.

"And go from us our concerns and burdens and aaall distraction....draw from within until you are...empty."

Stashia Yachenka
May 1st, 2015, 12:08:34 AM
She smiled at the small faces that had come out of the meditations to look at the stranger in their midst, welcoming her warmly.

She watched them practice their breathing, the count beating within her mind subconsciously.

один...

два...

три...

четыре...

пять...

She let the breath trail out of her as well, shoulders relaxing as she felt the anguish ease out of her. Thoughts of her layover on Jovan, of the woman, De'Ville, even she found at least momentarily of Re left her. She could have, and would have gladly sat here all day, continuing with the simple exercise and reveling in the calm that these children had found, and that had seemed ever present in this place.

But she could not and smiled warmly at the assemblage, to the teacher who was giving the lesson and slowly stood, bowing to him in the same manner as he and Zem had exchanged earlier. "I am most thankful for these few moments I am witnessing, Sir." She said softly, "I am not wishing to impose upon your students further." She took a step away from the circle to return to Zem El-Vymes side.

"And I am thanking you for letting me see this." She bowed to him as well.

Zem Vymes
May 1st, 2015, 12:23:26 AM
In parting from Anbira's company, Zem again took Stashia through the Jedi camp, now a little thicker with pedestrian traffic as the day grew longer.

"Did your observations prove fruitful?"

While Stashia had been watching the Jedi, Zem had been watching her. Intently.

Stashia Yachenka
May 1st, 2015, 12:44:16 AM
The sway of her tail gave away the ending to the story, she feared. Though she wasn't sure if the human male understood what her body language implied, the excitement in her frame was readily apparently.

"Yes, I am believing that I have seen what I am needing to have seen." She said as she continued to take in the sights of the compound, marveling at the foot traffic. Jedi, craftsmen and even Cizerak sodliers, falling into a routine that she felt all too familiar with the motions of as they marched, drill instructor barking commands from behind the squad. "What you are asking, Zem El-Vymes, is if I am having made a decision?"

Zem Vymes
May 1st, 2015, 08:46:53 PM
The Jedi Master merely shook his head patiently, deferring with a wave of his hand.

"No. Decisions come in time. Some are driven by the urgency of the moment. Others beg deliberation."

Zem squared himself to the Kroskovan.

"The Force is with you, Miss Yachenka. That is clear to me without your nation sending it's advance blessings. I keep my own insights and feelings as counsel on this matter and they don't lie. If you so choose it, you may yet become a Jedi. And if you so choose it, you would have my blessing in doing so."

The look on the human's face signaled that he wasn't quite done speaking on the matter.

"My insights see other things as well. Yearnings and confusion and a deep emotional ambivalence. I sense this journey has brought you many great matters that you've been made to consider. Be careful not to forsake one for the other in your haste. The path of a Jedi is a righteous one, but it is neither easily embarked upon nor done lightly."

Stashia Yachenka
May 1st, 2015, 10:18:53 PM
Her tail drooped at his words, ears flattening back as her gaze fell away from his sheepishly. She felt as if she was a kit who had just had her paw smacked away from the last piece of пастила. He was, of course, right. Her shoulders fell a bit as she answered softly.

"A pilot cannot set two courses." She nearly whispered, more to herself than to the Jedi master. She understood the lesson, she was conflicted - and as much peace as she found in the moments here, her heart still lingered elsewhere, and her mind possibly someplace else altogether. This was no way to make a decision of such importance.

She bowed, not able to bring her eyes to bare to meet his gaze. "I am needing time alone, I am thinking." She turned to leave, "May I seek you in morning?" She turned just enough to watch him for a response to the question, his head giving a solitary nod of agreement to the request. She nodded in return and turned to walk away, through the busy midday foot traffic, lost in her thoughts as she pressed past. Eventually she felt the wind against her fur, and looked to see the expanse of wilderness that separated the slice of civilization from the rest of this planet. She approached and ran her pawtips through the tall grass untouched and uncut, she let the scent of the wild fill her nose and continued walking, staying at the edge of the world she understood, and the world she didn't.

Her hike led her to a secluded patch, grassy and warm and away from the colony through a small outcropping of trees. She sat down and placed her muzzle in her paws, watching the breeze blow through the tall grass. Her thoughts lingered on the space port, on the cargo hauler she had arrived in. Her way back to Jovan, if that was her choice. She let out a heavy sigh and fell back into the grass, letting it cover her vision. She had came here expecting to have no choice, and instead found herself with too many. Still she thought of Re, of his invitation for her to return to the ship that evening.

She took out a datapad from her duffel and the the contact information Anauri had left her with. She sighed and began to type...

To: Anauri Rabeak

Dearest Re,
Things are different than I had anticipated. Not bad different, but not simple. You were right, there is a great adventure here for me - and one that I must carefully consider the cost of.

I now feel my heart torn in two, a piece soaring at the thought of this new opportunity, excited for what lay ahead of me. And a piece that yearns to be at your side and remain there. I long to run to your side this evening as you had offered and spend at least one night against your warmth - but this will only confuse my heart further.

I know that you must leave tomorrow, and I do not know where I will be. My path lay in two directions, one takes me with you back to Jovan Station and the other lay here amongst the Jedi. I must think on this. Look for me at your ship in the morning, and if you do not find me know that it is not because my feelings for you were not real. It is because I know the weight of what is being asked of me, and the importance of what the Jedi do. It is love, Re. For you and all others that would compel this choice. You are amazing, and that is something I want to protect. The only question is where I must be to do so.

Yours,
Stashia

Her paw wavered over the send button, tension building in her frame as she fought back tears. She forced her eyes shut and pressed down, sending the message to her lover. Wet eyes dripped droplets onto the screen of her tablet before she turned it off. A reply would be too hard for her to read right now, and would color her decision.

She let herself cry for a few minutes, to get the mournful sounds out of her system before she crossed her legs and straightened her back, palms resting up against her knees.

один...

два...

три...

четыре...

пять...

She counted slowly to herself and began to clear her mind.

Stashia Yachenka
May 2nd, 2015, 06:15:29 PM
- Late morning -

He was going to be late. Her frown deepened as she watched Anauri from afar. The engineer had gone over his preflight preparations at least 2 hours ago, checked and rechecked his ship and systems. She knew he was thorough, but this was more. This was stalling, and it was difficult for her to watch.

She had not slept the night before, instead meditating on the situation, on her paths all night. The decision, a final one, had come in the early morning hours. She cared about Anauri Rabeak a great deal. She might have even loved him - but there was something here, something important that called to her, that told her this is where she belonged. She was certain of that now.

Her head knew that, even her heart knew that. But the heart is stupid, and often thinks it can have it all. Her's was breaking right now, and the pain was almost unbearable.

This should hurt.

She reminded herself. She was giving him up, and she knew that. She pressed herself a bit flatter against the wall she had found, a vantage point where she could watch him, but he could not see her. She closed her eyes, letting her breath escape her and silently counting, doing a standing meditation to calm her state of mind.

This hurt, but it would not break her spirit or resolve. Re would be okay, she was certain of this. He was strong, she was strong. And they would both be where they needed to be. The sound of a metal loading ramp closing brought her eyes back open. Anauri's ship was finally ready for take off, a wave of relief and sadness washed through her.

"Прощай, моя любовь . Будь счастлив. Я буду сильным для вас."

She whispered the words, a silent, final goodbye to the Nehantite engineer as his ship began to lift off and turned out of the alley, focusing her attention on the path that lay before her. She would need to find Zem El-Vymes again, but first she would meditate once more. Clear her mind and center her emotions. It would be useless to return to him announcing that she was sure of her choice while still swimming in her pain.

Though, she recognized it was only pain now. The sense of longing had quieted and faded in the morning light, and it strengthened her certainty of the path before her.

She was Stashia Yachenka, formerly of the Kroskovan Federal Aerospace Corps, and she would become a Jedi. Not because her superiors wanted her to be here. Not because a lover had told her it was a good path. Not even because it was in the end what she had chosen for herself. She would become a Jedi because it was what she was meant to be.

The foot traffic in the thoroughfare hadn't picked up just yet, there were people coming and going, and it was likely to get much busier the closer to mid-day it got, but it was light enough now to move around in freely, even if she wasn't terribly familiar with the layout of the colony... yet. She negotiated around the coming and goings, Jedi and Initiates going to and from their classes. She smiled as she found a small clearing far enough away from the walkway that she would not be underfoot and sat down, she assumed the position for meditation and closed her eyes again. Breathing in slowly and out, focusing on nothing, and letting her mind and emotions clear.

Akasha Khan
May 2nd, 2015, 11:37:56 PM
Akasha Khan smelled something new and interesting as she crept through the tall grasses.

At first she thought it was Ndonsa, but the Kufu mongoose tended to range farther to the South in her daily hunts, and anyway had more of the forest mixed in with her scent as any good hunter should. Was it Halajiin Rabeak? He'd been gone for some time, as far as the Orryxian could gather, unless that was just a smokescreen - the Nehantite was almost as devious as an Orryxian himself. Akasha lifted her head and winded the air again, pink nostrils flaring. No, this was definitely a female.

The droid mechanic, the one with the hard-to-pronounce name? Akasha couldn't imagine her scent without the accompanying stench of machine oil and metal, like the inside of a speeder factory - the Munjan's sense of smell must have been burned away by industrial chemicals ages ago, so little she seemed to care how it seeped into her clothes and fur. But if it wasn't the Kufu, and it wasn't the Nehantite, and it wasn't the Munjan, who else could it be but...

Akasha's heart beat a little faster as she pushed past layer after layer of tumbling switchgrass, her last illicit conversation with Master De'Ville ringing fresh in her mind. She'd spoken with someone, someone who was bound for Ossus with orders to join the Jedi. Her master's instructions had been clear and succinct: make contact. Make friends. The rest would follow naturally. The Orryxian batted an ear disdainfully. How was she to ingratiate herself when she didn't know anything about--

The last row of golden-green stalks fell away, and Akasha found herself at the edge of a clearing of shorter grass between the prairie and the wood. In the center of the clearing sat a tall, black-furred mongoose in pale military drab, legs crossed and eyes closed in meditation. Huh. She'd never known mongooses came in black.

Now overtaken by curiosity, Akasha padded silently into the clearing and sat herself down just a few meters away from the stranger, crossing her legs and wrapping her tail in a mirror image of the meditating mongoose. But while Stashia emptied her mind, Akasha filled her own with questions, contingencies, intrigue. Who was this person? What was her role in Master De'Ville's schemes? And how could Akasha most use it to her own advantage?

She'd just begun to consider her approach when the breeze picked up, setting the prairies grass trembling and kicking up a vortex of seed puffs and chaff through the clearing. In her efforts to match her own breathing to Stashia's, Akasha hadn't realized she'd inhaled some of the vegetable dander until her nose seized up and noisily sneezed it back out again.

Stashia Yachenka
May 2nd, 2015, 11:51:13 PM
Find her center. Find her center. She had just gotten to a point of clearing her mind when she was snapped back to the world around her by the sound of someone... sneezing? She opened a single eye, not sure what she expected to find. Black fur. A strange mirror sat across from her, same position, except for the twitching whiskers and muzzle of a recent sneeze. Her other eye opened and she tilted her head to one side curiously, ears perking in interest.

She wore the robes of a Jedi, and had taken a seat across from her for meditation. Had Stashia inadvertently began a meditation circle? Or perhaps she had encroached on someone else's spot and they hadn't wished to intrude upon her. Her meditation fell to the wayside as she considered the best way to introduce herself.

"Is very good spot for meditation, yes?" Oh. That was an awful introduction. What was she even thinking. "I am not being in your way, I am hoping." She apologized and let out a little sigh. That wasn't any better, it may have somehow been worse.

She extended a paw in greeting, trying to put on a friendly smile in light of her embarrassing introductions, "Stashia. Stashia Yachenka... you are?"

Akasha Khan
May 3rd, 2015, 12:15:06 PM
Akasha had frozen with one finger rubbing her nose, her acid-green eyes as wide as unripe kopokeks. "I'm so sorry!" she stammered. "I didn't mean to intrude, I was just... curious? Oh..."

She glanced down at the neighborly paw and found the presence of mind to meet it in kind - not the one she'd just been using to rub her nose, thank Maiur. "I'm Akasha Khan, Jedi padawan," she replied. "I was just... well, hunting in the grass when I noticed you sitting here."

By degrees she recovered her poise, and she started by curling her sleek tail neatly into her lap. "You're new here, aren't you? People like us tend to stand out in a place like this."

Stashia Yachenka
May 3rd, 2015, 12:21:24 PM
Hunting? Was that a Jedi thing, or perhaps it just had to do with this Padawan's special nature. Garfife knew she understood the power your instincts could hold on you.

"Is pleasure, Akasha." She said shaking her paw with a growing smile. "I am being new here, yes. Not... technically am the Padawan, yet? I am needing to meet with Zem El-Vymes soon to speak with him."

People like them? She had to assume she meant those blessed to still have their fur. Her eyes wandered over the Orryxian, maybe she meant those with black fur. It was true that her fur color was rather unique, but her mother had it, and her mother before her. She wondered if she was unique to her species as well.

Akasha Khan
May 3rd, 2015, 01:15:19 PM
"Ah. You're really new, then."

Akasha hunched forward with interest, elbows on her knees, as her tailtip began idly tossing to and fro. "So, how did you find out?"

In case there was any question of what she was talking about, Akasha opened up one of her padded paws to reveal a small, weather-worn stone, black with three streaks of gray shale through its rounded face, and floated it gently into the air toward the mongoose.

Stashia Yachenka
May 3rd, 2015, 01:41:29 PM
Stashia watched with a measure of awe as the Orryxian opened her palm and a small pebble raised up and floated toward her. Was that something she could do? Would that be something she'd eventually be able to do? She knew that the Jedi supposedly had powers, gifts, but to see it in play was almost mystical. She thought she should be looking for the wires that made the trick work.

She plucked the pebble out of the air, no wires, nothing unusual. Just... a pebble. The question slammed into her, how had she found out? Her shoulders slumped a bit, a sheepish look crossing her dark features.

"Would you be believing I was told by my superiors in Kroskovan Aerospace Corps? Something about my reaction times was... eh, unusual - they say. So I am being tested, and when reports are returned, I am being told 'Stashia!'" She mimicked a rough bass tone "'You are the adept!' and I am thinking, 'Why yes, I am very talented.' Then I am learning that they are meaning the Force adept."

She laughed a bit, "But... if you want actual event that led to discovery. дурак cadet, think he know more than he does. Tries to flathat, that is low flying for the showing off. I am seeing, in that moment, that it will end badly. Death, destruction - yes? So I am making split second decision, broke formation and flank forcing him to land instead. Superiors they are not happy with either of us. So I am explaining what was to happen. A week later I am brought in to repeat my statement, then testing began."

Akasha Khan
May 3rd, 2015, 03:05:09 PM
The names meant little to Akasha - she was vaguely aware that Nehantish, like Orryxia, was still parceled into feuding kingdoms, and she could only guess what their galactic aspirations were. If Akasha's own talents had emerged on her homeworld, she would have been prized as a mystic and guarded jealously from the other clans. She never would have been allowed to pursue training offworld among aliens, never permitted to unlock the hidden depths of her own power.

"You're a pilot?" Akasha surmised. "That's a useful skill. Not one I ever learned. I always had a special talent for tracking game, but I never connected it to the Force until... well, much later."

She squinted thoughtfully. "So now that you know, what are you going to do?"

Stashia Yachenka
May 3rd, 2015, 03:17:56 PM
She laughed a bit at that, waving a paw placatingly as she did. "Is not you, is just funny. Ever since I find out, everyone is telling me what I am to do, or expecting me to have come to decision." She leaned back and let the breeze blow across her fur, murring in calm delight at the sensation of sitting in the air. Peace.

"First it is my superiors. They are telling me, 'Go be Jedi, bring honor to our people'. Then I am having entire galaxy laid at my paws, told to be careful what I am choosing."

De'Ville had warned her, told her to be careful. She wondered, really wondered if De'Ville knew that Zem El-Vymes would also impress upon her the importance of the choice, and the idea that she had one.

"So I am arriving and this Master, Zem El-Vymes, he is showing me around. He tells me that I am needing to be very certain of choice, and that it is one that I am choosing and no one else." She nodded to herself, "I am spending all night meditating, struggling to be sure of path. And this morning, yes, this morning I am certain."

She smiled brightly at the Jedi Padawan across from her, extending her paw to motion at her robes and appearance, ears high and alert in excitement. "I am deciding I will become the Jedi."

Akasha Khan
May 3rd, 2015, 06:31:37 PM
After more than two years learning to read expressions on beings who only emoted with their faces, Stashia's feelings were an open book for Akasha. Was this good or bad? She'd have to consult Master De'Ville later. But for the present, it was hard not to get swept up in the mongoose's giddy excitement.

"That's good!" Akasha replied, splitting her lips in a feline grin. "Nice to know we'll be playing for the same team." She tilted her head curiously. "So what made you decide?"

Stashia Yachenka
May 3rd, 2015, 07:16:50 PM
"We are to be playing?" She asked with a moment of confusion, then realization dawned on her face. Ah, this was an analogy, as they were on the same side. She would have to get used to the strange sayings she was likely to run into now that she was no longer surrounded by her countrymen.

"I am realizing there is much that I am caring for." She pressed rested her paws across her chest feeling the slow thump that lay within. "I am most able to protect all of this if I am becoming the Jedi. It is what I am wanting." That was important to her. She may have been ordered here, but feeling the familiarity of the life that existed here, meditation and training, studies, these had put her at ease. The same call to service that had played a role in her decision to enlist originally still hummed inside of her, only now she had things, people far from Kroskova she wished to protect as well. Zem El-Vymes had explained the role the Jedi took, and while he had told her it wasn't a military, she knew protectors when she saw them.

It was as she had told Master El-Vymes when trying to find a parallel, the Jedi were champions.

Akasha Khan
May 3rd, 2015, 09:46:24 PM
Akasha waited a moment to see if more was forthcoming, but Stashia, it appeared, was a woman of few words. That was just as well. Akasha could fill the air with words if she really needed to. But first it was time to uncross her legs - a position she never really enjoyed - and instead fold them to the side so she could lean and lounge on the cool grass in comfort.

"That's as good a reason to join as any," she replied. "I probably can't claim to be that altruistic myself."

Stashia Yachenka
May 4th, 2015, 01:59:28 PM
She looked at Akasha curiously at the confession, leaning in as if sharing a secret with her new confidant. "You are having some other motive, yes? I am telling you mine, you are telling me yours?"

Her tail swished against the grass, rustling the air with sound as she wondered.

Akasha Khan
May 4th, 2015, 04:08:13 PM
Akasha had little emotional connection with her own past. It had happened years ago, and all the contemptible creatures who once had held power over her, from her conniving mother to the scurrilous worm of Hutt's majordomo, were nothing but distant memories to her. But for Stashia's benefit she let her eyes drift down to the grass at her feet, as if she were peering into a dark corner of her own history.

"Well, it wasn't completely up to me," she said. "I had been sold as a slave to a Hutt arms dealer on Klatooine. I wasn't good at scrubbing floors, so they put me in a fighting pit. I didn't even know what the Force was at the time, but it's probably the only thing that kept me alive."

She'd been toying with the grass in her paw, and now she gripped a handful of it into a tight fist, claws needling at her palm. Slowly she uncurled her paw again, leaving a sheaf of severed blades of grass behind.

"Lucky for me, a mercenary working for the Alliance saw one of my fights and decided to steal me away along with a shipment of blaster rifles. There were no safe places for a Force adept to stay in those days, so she delivered me to the Alliance, and they brought me to the Jedi. And I'm glad they did. After what I've learned here, no one will ever be able to make me their slave again."

Stashia Yachenka
May 5th, 2015, 10:32:45 PM
It was easy on Nehantish to forget, or not think about, the problems that happened in the rest of the universe. Oh there was certainly their own share of issues, the other Kingdoms could show cruelty that she had never experienced, classism or worse. But slavery? The actual ownership of another. This was a foreign concept to her, to not only hear about it, but learn about it firsthand from a former slave?

Stashia was very much feeling as if her own problems no longer carried the weight she thought they had. She stared into the Orryxian's eyes, watching her body language, the way she held her fur, her ears. This was not the appearance of someone broken from their experiences. She held herself proudly, even if relaxed, she was built up by her hardships. It was most commendable.

There was no pity in Stashia's words, no abundance of emotional outpouring, a slow nod punctuated what she had to say. "You are very strong to have come through such experience."

Akasha Khan
May 6th, 2015, 11:08:59 PM
"I like to think so," Akasha replied with a slim smile. "It's awful knowing you're not in control of your own fate. Here on Ossus, well... I feel like I've been set free in more ways than one."

Stashia Yachenka
May 6th, 2015, 11:21:07 PM
She nodded with a growing smile. "This, this I am feeling as well. I am not having opportunity to start yet, but there is... something here, yes? Something in the air that just... feels correct. You are most fortunate to have been found by this mercenary of yours."

Akasha Khan
May 6th, 2015, 11:28:55 PM
"Yes, I was," Akasha agreed. "I guess that's what the knights mean when they talk about 'the will of the Force.' You know, she was a padawan once herself. The mercenary. That's probably why she took an interest in me."

The Orryxian frowned and stared off into the woods over Stashia's shoulder. "What was her name again? L, it started with an L. It was... Lilaena?"

Stashia Yachenka
May 7th, 2015, 12:12:16 AM
Stashia's heart jumped into her throat at the name. De'Ville? Was this possible, had both of their lives been touched in some way by the same person? Perhaps it really was a small universe. It fit though... De'Ville had mentioned she had once been a Jedi. Her ears had taken to laying back against her black fur, and Stashia was uncertain if she should say anything or not... it would possibly bring her closer to her new friend, but...

"This... Lilaena. She must be... very interesting. Are you spending much time with her, perhaps? What is she being like?"

Akasha Khan
May 7th, 2015, 12:23:58 PM
"Only a few weeks," Akasha said. "She leads a clan of Mandalorian warriors. She left me to train with them while she negotiated my passage to the Jedi."

She considered her mongoose companion - ears back, eyes front with the focused intensity that no doubt served her ancestors well while hunting birds and snakes on the plains and forests of her homeworld. The bait was in, the hook about to be set. Akasha's tailtip began tossing behind her.

"She was powerful," the Orryxian said. "She carved a path for us back to her ship with a purple lightsaber, and the Hutt's bodyguards didn't even slow her down. She wanted to know where I was from, and if I'd ever used the Force before. She said there were others like me, who could train me to use my gifts as she does, and she explained to me how the Empire was hunting people like us, running us down like dogs, and either killing us, or forcing us to join their brainwashed death squads."

Akasha frowned, apparently lost in her thoughts. "I was grateful for her help, of course, but... I couldn't help but wonder why she'd never returned to the Jedi herself."

Stashia Yachenka
May 7th, 2015, 04:12:23 PM
De'Ville had talked about making her own way, of protecting others, this seemed in line with what Akasha was now telling her - and how exciting it must be, the action she was describing of fighting through a crime lord's bodyguards. Her tail swished through the grass excitedly, eyes widening in intense adoration at the visual image that the Padawan painted. Her tail froze mid motion though.

"I couldn't help but wonder why she'd never returned to the Jedi herself."

What was it that De'Ville, Lilaena De'Ville had said? The Jedi held to a dead philosophy that had almost seen them wiped out? She'd need to learn more of the Jedi's history it seemed - and perhaps it was still wise to temper her excitement for her new role. Remain skeptical as she'd been told she may need to.

Oh she would for certain still be joining the Jedi, she wanted to protect others and the Jedi seemed to be the correct path for this. Maybe she should consider contacting Lilaena on the data chit she'd offered her though. To talk more about the options that had been mentioned. Should she mention this to Akasha? She seemed to trust the woman enough, and it didn't seem like something that needed to be held in secret if the woman was simply a well-meaning mercenary taking an interest in the futures of her own kind, of those who were touched by the gifts.

Her ears poked forward slowly, caustiously, body snaking to one side as if expecting a strike to the words she was about to share. "I am perhaps meeting this woman on my way to Ossus." She admittedly sheepishly. "It is very much sounding like her."

Akasha Khan
May 7th, 2015, 05:09:56 PM
"You are? Er, I mean, you did?"

Akasha straightened up again, tucking her feet beneath her, eyes bright and ears so high on her head they almost met.

"Maiur's mane," she murmured. "It can't have been an accident. What did she want?"

Stashia Yachenka
May 7th, 2015, 05:22:18 PM
"She is... warning me I am believing." She shrugged a bit. "It is seeming most unusual, but she was wanting me to be aware of choices before I am arriving here. That I am needing to be certain decision to join Jedi is what I am really wanting, and not someone else's decision."

She laughed a bit.

"Is funny. Master Zem El-Vymes is telling me something similar, of importance of this decision. Of choice being mine, and always being mine."

She wasn't sure if she should mention the other part, what she had said about the Jedi. "Her words about the Jedi were... not as kind as one would expect." She said softly, ears drooping back away from the high, alert ears of her new friend. "But she is not trying to dissuade me from coming. She is... very interesting, I am thinking."

Akasha Khan
May 7th, 2015, 06:33:18 PM
"She is," Akasha replied, and her eyes drifted away, aimless and thoughtful. She was silent for a few moments, still except for her agitated tail.

"There really weren't any other choices when she found me," she said. "It was either the Jedi, or... hide under a rock and hope the Imperials never find you. I wonder what other choices she has in mind, now?"

Stashia Yachenka
May 7th, 2015, 06:40:07 PM
She let her eyes wander off into the distance, following Akasha's line of sight. She knew there wasn't anything specific the Padawan was looking toward, but couldn't help but follow her gaze.

"Who is knowing? Perhaps we find out one day. For now?" She smiled a bit, putting away the wistful fantasy of such adventure, "For now I am thinking I still am needing to find Master Zem El-Vymes." She stood slowly, stretching, back popping as she gave herself a shake to remove anything she had picked up on her fur. "And I am needing the shower."

Akasha Khan
May 7th, 2015, 07:44:05 PM
Akasha rose to her feet with impeccable grace. "It was good meeting you, Stashia," she said. "I'll see you around the colony. Oh..."

Her eyes flicked from side to side, and then she took a confidential step closer. "I don't know any more than you what Lilaena may have in mind," she said. "But if she told you to be cautious about your decisions, it's probably best if you don't mention her to the Council. They might misunderstand. Take it as a threat to their authority. But if you do hear from her again, I'd be interested in hearing what she has to say."

Stashia Yachenka
May 7th, 2015, 07:52:47 PM
She blinked a bit at that, it had been public knowledge hadn't it? But... Akasha was potentially right, this would make a second time the same woman, a former Jedi, had interfered with an adept who would go on to be a student of the Jedi. It painted a potential pattern, even if she had ill-will toward anyone, it was likely better to keep things... private.

She nodded slowly, bringing her paw up to make a whispering motion in front of her muzzle. "I am understanding, this is bond between us, yes." She smiled at that, feeling as if she had made her first friend amongst the Jedi, and turned to head back onto the thoroughfare. "It is nice meeting you, Akasha - we will speak again sometime, yes? Be well!"

She barely waited for an acknowledgement before starting to walk, before stopping, turning around with a sheepish smile. "Where would I be finding Master Zem El-Vymes?" She admitted to not... actually... being sure where she needed to go.

Akasha Khan
May 7th, 2015, 08:43:14 PM
"Oh. Master Vymes?"

Akasha squinted up into the sky to read the position of the suns, then hissed in thought as if she hadn't in fact spent a great deal of time and effort memorizing the daily habits of all the Jedi masters.

"He doesn't teach any classes this time of morning. Maybe you should check his house? He likes that bitter human drink, what is it... Caf. Brews it himself." She made a dramatic face. "It smells better than it tastes, I know from experience. Across from the dorms, near the Whaladon. You can't miss it."

A rustling from the grasses captured her attention, and Akasha smiled thinly. "Pardon me. I think I hear lunch."

As smoothly as a prowling nexu, she stalked off into the cover of the prairie, leaving Stashia alone in the circle.

Stashia Yachenka
May 7th, 2015, 11:33:52 PM
She watched the felinoid bound away for a moment longer until she had fully disappeared into the grass. Turning she began to walk the pathway that ran through the settlement, Akasha seemed certain it would not be terribly hard to find the home of Master Zem El-Vymes, but Akasha was also much more familiar with the camp than Stashia had become in only a day.

She twice had to stop and ask for directions toward the dorms, and the Whaladon, but finally the buildings were in sight - and raising her nose to their she could smell the aroma, bitter on the air. Caf. She'd never taken to the drink herself, but knew many of her fellow pilots had, the scent of it waking her from her bunk on many mornings. Yes, it seemed she had gone in the right direction after all.

Zem Vymes
May 8th, 2015, 12:12:44 AM
The door to Master Vymes' house parted before Stashia had taken a step onto the threshold. Within, the aroma of caf filled the small and modest home. Zem sat at a small desk in the living area, studying a hologram projected on it's smooth surface. A blonde-haired man hovered as a quantum of ephemera next to a dossier entitled Baastian Cain. The hologram soon disappeared with a keystroke, and the elder Jedi turned to face the open doorway, and the initiate he expected to cross the threshold.

"You've made your decision."

It wasn't a question. Zem already knew that well enough.

Stashia Yachenka
May 8th, 2015, 12:18:23 AM
Stashia had almost questioned the door opening for her, but then she had witnessed such a display earlier with Akasha. Instead she had walked in, and finding Master Zem El-Vymes all but expecting her, bowed to the older human male, staying bent at the waist as she spoke.

"I am. I am meditating on path I should follow all through evening, and realizing that I am wanting to protect those I am caring about, those who are unable to be protecting themselves, and the peace that is being upon all of them. Please, Master, I am seeking to become the Jedi." She waited, all but holding her breath and not sure if she had even asked it appropriately. It had sounded good when she was practicing it on the way over in her head, but saying it now she couldn't help but worry that it was... corny.

Her ears twitched ever so slightly, tail stiff with heavy anticipation of a response.

Zem Vymes
May 11th, 2015, 10:15:03 PM
"Rise, Miss Yachenka."

Zem watched the Nehantite's profession by mouth and her overly-pomp bow without mirth at the awkwardness of it. She made her pledge as solemnly as she knew how. Through the words and the actions, he felt the purity of her heart compelling her on her course of action, and had no cause to deny her intended direction.

"You've made your intentions plain, and heeded well the advice given to you. As a Master of the Order, I see it fitting to accept you as an initiate. You will have much to learn, and the challenges you face will be high. The Order is here to guide you, but guidance alone will not make you a Jedi. You must develop the resolve and discipline within to not only learn, but apply what you learn - not as a profession or a trade - but as a way of life."

Master Vymes paused, an even expression on his face as he searched for any wavering within Stashia.

"You may yet become powerful, but let this serve as a warning. Power is not an end unto itself. Many students have been in your place and have fallen astray because they did not heed this warning."

Stashia Yachenka
May 15th, 2015, 03:46:20 PM
She rose as he instructed and listened to his words, ears perking forward, that was all that was necessary. It seemed so informal, she nodded at the warning, resolving to remember it well. This... was going to be a tremendous adjustment to her life. No, that was not correct. This was her life now, just as much as becoming a member of the military had meant a complete devotion to the way of life, the type of life, so too would the Jedi be that level of commitment.

The words of both Master Vymes and De'Ville warred in her head for a moment. She had advised against making the level of commitment that he now told her would be necessary. But it seemed that she was just an initiate for the time being, a student, and not a full member of their order. This seemed like an acceptable and proper path. She would be able to learn what she needed to, grow and be certain that this was the right commitment. Though in truth she had no idea how it could possibly not be.

"I will take this warning to heart, Master Zem El-Vymes. Am I to be.... ahhh.... что это, как вы говорите, assigned to quarters? I am unfamiliar with procedure." She tried to not look sheepish in the request, but she was not used to feeling so lost in her surroundings.

Zem Vymes
May 23rd, 2015, 12:51:38 AM
She seemed to hang onto every word out of Zem's mouth, and the old Jedi had to wonder how much of that attentiveness had been beaten into her by the rigors of military training.

"Oh yes. We'll certainly attend to that. I imagine you're no stranger to securing a billet. I believe Padawan Taab and Padawan Naaianeya have a spare bunk available in their dorm room. I don't think it would be a hardship to assign you to their room."

Something else was on Zem's mind, and he got a little twinkle in his eye as he rose from his seat.

"But there's time for that later, Miss Yachenka. Come with me."

With that, Zem rose to his feet, heading to the front door with purpose."

Stashia Yachenka
May 23rd, 2015, 06:49:41 PM
Stashia's ears perked, brow furrowing at the request. There was yet more that Zem El-Vymes wished for her to experience? Very well. She stepped behind the Jedi, falling into step behind his motions.

"As you are wishing."