PDA

View Full Version : I am the Empress' Sword of Truth, ask me anything

Matatek Sel Vissica
Apr 15th, 2015, 12:46:16 AM
Bringing back AMA's for the hell of it. I'll answer anything about Matatek Sel Vissica - in character if possible, so long as it doesn't spoil any potential future reveals.

Reminder for AMA's, treat this information as strictly OOC so getting these answers means nothing to IC discoveries that may happen.

Tiberius Anar
Apr 15th, 2015, 06:34:02 AM
What truth would that be then?

Baastian Cain
Apr 15th, 2015, 07:04:43 AM
How did you discover you were Force sensitive?

Matatek Sel Vissica
Apr 15th, 2015, 08:06:17 AM
What truth would that be then?

Truth is like a deity. There are many Truths, but they are all one Truth. Despite what Baastian Cain may believe, it does not exist in gradient. Truth is crystalline and pure. There is Truth of deed, of doing what one says they shall do. There is Truth in the hearts of men, muffled though it may be by weak minds and rebellious tongues. I am the instrument of Truth to Miranda Tarkin, the Queen of my Queen. By my fealty I serve her to execute my service to deliver Truth, in both my promised deeds and by exacting Truth of confessing tongues of traitors. A Selonian always keeps her promises. Were my words to speak false, I would rend my own traitorous tongue from my mouth. Were my hand to act contrary to spoken intention, I would remove the wicked appendage.

How did you discover you were Force sensitive?

When Knight General Atrapes informed me of such. Before his proclamation, I had no comprehension of such a thing existing. There were only my duties as Queen Matatek's war chief. Duties I executed without fail. I was quicker, stronger, and more decisive in conflict than any who opposed me. That I am alive and they are dead was the result wholly of my conviction to task, or so I once believed. Rossos Atrapes explained it differently. He showed me the Truth.

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 15th, 2015, 08:08:59 AM
Are you sure we can't be friends? Possibly with benefits?

Matatek Sel Vissica
Apr 15th, 2015, 08:22:11 AM
Are you sure we can't be friends? Possibly with benefits?

A Selonian has no friends, only comrades. Others united by singularity of purpose to a cause. Before I became a Knight in service to the Empress, my comrades were my warrior kin, my sept sisters. When Queen Matatek bade my fealty into the Empire's service, my comrades became her knights. I strike as one with them, and protect them in battle as if they were my own flesh. To better act as a whole with clarity of purpose, I spend as much time as possible in their company to understand their personality and needs. Even if I do not understand them, like Baastian Cain, I am honor bound to them as my own blood. This is a very beneficial arrangement, Kyle Rayner. If you swear fealty to the Empress, and if the Knight General commands it so, I shall too be your comrade.

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 15th, 2015, 08:23:26 AM
Comerades with benefits?

Matatek Sel Vissica
Apr 15th, 2015, 08:24:28 AM
Comerades with benefits?

I already answered your question, Kyle Rayner. You speak strangely.

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 15th, 2015, 08:26:43 AM
Okay, maybe I have to be blunt. You keep showing off your lady bits, practically shoving them in my face at one point. We gonna just be comerades, or are we gonna mate, too, for fun? Or are you just a huge tease, in which case, that's just mean.

Matatek Sel Vissica
Apr 15th, 2015, 08:36:44 AM
Okay, maybe I have to be blunt. You keep showing off your lady bits, practically shoving them in my face at one point. We gonna just be comerades, or are we gonna mate, too, for fun? Or are you just a huge tease, in which case, that's just mean.

I have no taste for riddles, Kyle Rayner. Which bit of me is not female? You speak like Baastian Cain and his philosophy. I do not have patience for this pestering. Speak to me frankly.

Mating is not for fun. Mating is for making pups. A warrior has no such duty. If it is your birthed purpose to scatter seed, I suggest you find a Nehantite queen and fulfill your duty to her.

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 15th, 2015, 08:38:40 AM
So... you don't want to learn my secret tricks and techniques. I get it. I could have shown you things you never knew you never knew. Guess I'll go paint with all the colors of the wind somewhere else. Your loss.

Favorite fish?

Matatek Sel Vissica
Apr 15th, 2015, 08:45:13 AM
So... you don't want to learn my secret tricks and techniques. I get it. I could have shown you things you never knew you never knew. Guess I'll go paint with all the colors of the wind somewhere else. Your loss.

Favorite fish?

If you wish to share secret combat techniques, I would be a grateful audience. You have talent as a warrior, Kyle Rayner. I trust you to make the correct decision.

My favorite fish? I do not understand why preference is important beyond practicality. Fish is food. A warrior expends great energy in battle, and she must keep the engine of her craft in peak condition. As long as the offering is nutritious and sufficient to slake my appetite, it is acceptable to me. Some creatures spend their entire lives wrapped around the simple act of eating food. If I have an itch, I scratch it. I do not prattle about the favorite time I scratched an itch or set myself in a ridiculous pursuit of putting myself into a position of being itchy for the momentary relief that a scratch brings me. Only an idiot would do this.

Baastian Cain
Apr 15th, 2015, 09:06:53 AM
Do you ever drink alcoholic beverages, socially or otherwise? What would you say if I invited you to join me for a drink?

Matatek Sel Vissica
Apr 15th, 2015, 09:49:08 AM
Do you ever drink alcoholic beverages, socially or otherwise? What would you say if I invited you to join me for a drink?

I have consumed intoxicants as my training with Queen Matatek's envoy septs. It is a custom of aliens to slow their minds and bodies as they socialize. I do not pretend to understand the foolishness of this, as it seems a violation of my warrior sensibilities. But after several intoxicants, I do not seem to mind the contradiction as much.

You are human and it is your custom to share a drink as a bonding ritual. As your comrade, I would accept your offer.

Akasha Khan
Apr 15th, 2015, 05:39:15 PM
Your fur is so glossy and sleek. Do you condition?

Your claws, though... Eugh. I could give you the names of a few good manicurists. Or, you know, suggest a scratching post.

Matatek Sel Vissica
Apr 15th, 2015, 06:00:49 PM
Your fur is so glossy and sleek. Do you condition?

Your claws, though... Eugh. I could give you the names of a few good manicurists. Or, you know, suggest a scratching post.

A warrior does not concern herself with excessive preening, Orryxian. It is enough that my fur repels the elements and that my claws are sharp. I will leave the finery to you.