PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Chip

Eluna Thals
Mar 21st, 2015, 10:19:28 PM
You spend enough time in a place, you hear things. It's really just a function of time and attention span. Conversations that get a little too loud. Names that get whispered when the wrong people pass too close. Funny looks. Enough of these boil away coincidence to leave behind reasonable conclusions. With enough of those, one could know just about anything they wanted without asking a question.

So it was that Eluna Thals finished spending a little quality time with Suri, Rix, and Matea. She'd wandered to the market to pick up a few things. The Munjan technician didn't share her sweet tooth, so Eluna decided to go it alone to the camp confectionery. Along the way, she took a detour road that snaked close to the Great Library. She wasn't looking for ancient answers. What she was after was decidedly more current. As the foot path thinned out, Eluna diverted from it, heading to a tent. Checking the composite door that led into the makeshift structure, she could see it was unlocked and unoccupied.

She entered and waited.

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 21st, 2015, 10:42:45 PM
A light and lively tune hummed from Hal's throat as the yellow-furred Nehantite sauntered back toward his tent, satchel slung over his shoulder, and a bag tucked under his arm. So far it had been a lovely day. Slept in until at least ten, then laid around for an hour before getting dressed and hitting the early lunch line. Then it was off to go harass Loki a bit in front of the Padawans before returning to the lunch line for seconds, followed by a trip to the general stores. A trusty forged document had been getting him in for months, and so it was with a bag full of munchies, fizzy drinks and instant noodles that he departed - hitting the late lunch line on his way out for dessert.

So, what do we have planned for today? His higher reasoning asked, inside his head.

I dunno. We did get some new magazines from the mining camp. Could look over those.His lower impulses suggested.

We could... or we could do something where our pants stay on for more than two hours in a day.

Where's the fun in that?

Ahem. Dalmajiland. They won't let you in if you're not wearing pants.

Hmm... you're right. And it is the Happiest Place on Nehantish. And we do have to wear pants, there...

We could read a book.

A magazine is a kind of book!

Like you do anything but look at the pictures.

Hey! They have stimulating articles!

Name one. Name one article you actually read.

Thought so. You were too distracted by the stimulating pictures, weren't you?

...yes...

Well, if you let me read one of those books, I'll let you have some magazine time, deal?

Deal! And two chocolate biscuits!

Not at the same time.

I don't eat two biscuits at the same time!

I meant at the same time as the magazine.

Oh. Hey, our door is open. Like, more open than when we left it.

Hmm, so it is. Wonder who's gone snooping in our place... Get the saber ready.

Gently, Hal placed down the crinkly sack of goodies he'd raided from the stores, and unslung his satchel, setting both down in the undergrowth before sliding his lightsaber from its home in the leather tube on the back of his belt. Finger on the button, the Nehantite crept slowly, stealthily toward his tent's door. Ears perked, nose sniffing the air for any hint of a clue, he hoped to identify his intruder, but there was nothing but the smell of... well, himself, and his dirty laundry, coming from inside that tent. And the musty scent of old books from the library. And maybe a pizza box or two. And possibly a half-empty can of beer. And very likely the remnants of some popcorn or ramen. And that patchoulie candle. And...

Screw it, we're going in.

Swinging himself around the corner, Hal flung open the tent door and burst inside, saber aimed directly at where he guessed his intruder would be - the only decently clear patch of floor space inside the tent.

Eluna Thals
Mar 21st, 2015, 10:48:48 PM
"Relax, it's not a burglary."

Eluna commented lackadaisically from where she lay on the bed as if she owned it.

"You can put your...Jedi senses away."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 21st, 2015, 10:52:26 PM
Oh, sweet merciful Garfife, if she only knew what all she was laying in...

There's a lady in our bed!

Thankfully neither of those remarks came out of Hal's mouth. Instead, he eased the door shut, and gently lowered his saber. "Well, if you're not a burglar, and it isn't my birthday, who might you be?" he asked, his right eye narrowing so his left could see better in the relative darkness compared to outside. "Unless they told you it's my birthday, in which case, yes, it is totally my birthday. One hundred percent."

Eluna Thals
Mar 21st, 2015, 10:56:07 PM
"I'm a talent scout."

The auburn-haired, brown-eyed woman with well-tanned features shifted upwards on the pillows.

"And I understand you're a talented individual, Halajiin Rabeak. We should talk about that."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 21st, 2015, 10:59:51 PM
Hal blinked. Was he dreaming?

You're not dreaming.

Now sure that he wasn't dreaming, a smile began to work up his muzzle. Sliding his saber back into its holster, the typical, cocky Hal began to emerge. Stance widening, shifting his weight to one leg, tail swishing behind him, it was a complete change from only moments before.

"Oh, I'm talented, all right," he replied, a bit of extra bass in his voice, and he took a step toward the bed. "And, we could talk," he canted his head, then brought his paws in to pop the button on his fly. "Or I could just show you, instead."

Eluna Thals
Mar 21st, 2015, 11:05:36 PM
The Girl frowned inside. It was far from the worst part of her work, but not exactly her ideal. Eluna simply looked bored, placing a cold hand over his maneuvering fingers to halt his delusions.

"There are seventy five trillion cocks from Coruscant to Star's End, and I'm here on Ossus. Guess again."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 21st, 2015, 11:17:55 PM
Rejections were not something that Hal typically chose to store in his memory, as they often flowed together in one amazingly similar blur, but this rejection. This rejection stood out, and would remain at the forefront, just barely behind that Alderanian girl who simply said, "No thanks, I just ate."

Burn. Sick, sick burn.

I... I couldn't do anything right now if I tried. I've never been so shut down. It may never work again!

Oh, hush, you, the grown-ups need to talk, now.

Mechanically, Hal's fingers worked backwards, slipping the button back into its hole, securing his trousers, and what remained of his dignity, once more. "Sorry, what was a guy supposed to think when he comes home to a gorgeous woman in his bed, saying she heard he was talented? You really need to work on your approach, you know that? Very misleading," Hal shook his head.

Eluna Thals
Mar 21st, 2015, 11:25:28 PM
"I know what I look like, and I know where I am."

Eluna's smile oozed cool confidence. She tapped the empty side of the bed for him to sit.

"That gives me a private audience, and your full attention."

She casually dropped a pillow over his lap at that moment.

"You make it no secret that you're frustrated being on Ossus...Hal. May I call you Hal?"

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 21st, 2015, 11:33:08 PM
The pillow to the crotch was the final insult which made Hal's formidable libido finally run and hide for the time being. Crossing his arms over it, Hal wriggled for a moment until he felt comfortable in his seat. This wasn't what he was expecting his day to go like, in the least, but that wasn't to say it was a bad thing.

"Yeah, Hal's fine," he nodded. "And, yeah, this place sucks. This time sucks. But they won't let me go off-world after the stunt I pulled in The Wheel. Stuck, here."

Eluna Thals
Mar 21st, 2015, 11:36:12 PM
"You mean your mission to Ilum?"

Eluna let that line slip as casually as she pleased.

"That's a shame. It was a brilliant plan."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 21st, 2015, 11:39:34 PM
Hal threw his head back. "Oh my gosh, I know, right? And nobody got hurt, on our side, and we didn't get any of our ships that badly damaged, either! But noooOOOooo, all the rest of them could see was I forged some documents and lied to people and set up a completely unapproved mission. Off to the brig with me, but they sure seem happy to use all those crystals I got them. Ingrates. The lot of them."

Eluna Thals
Mar 21st, 2015, 11:44:58 PM
The human replica droid empathized with a shake of her head.

"And it's just when the Jedi really should be taking a more assertive stance in the galaxy, too."

She glanced at him, brown eyes glinting thoughtfully.

"And if you could go on missions offworld again? What would you do?"

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 21st, 2015, 11:51:08 PM
That brought about a chuckle from the mongoose, and a shake of his own head. "Oh, trust me, they'd never let me do what I want to do," he replied.

"They're way too busy pretending they're building an Order that means something, that can someday rival what it used to be. Not a chance. Not a spark in the dark. None of this lot know what it was really like, and they'll never get there without getting their hands dirty. Jedi weren't all noble and shit. I mean, they presented themselves, that way, but, on a mission? Hell, shit got real. And you brought it, hard. I used to be that guy, but these Jedi don't even want to imagine that those times existed. It's like they want to fight a war using kid gloves, and pretend that the Empire isn't our enemy. Well, it is our enemy. It's the enemy of anyone who wants freedom, and I'd love to stick it to them!"

His building passion faded away in a sigh that slumped him forward, resting his chin on his paw. "But, if I did that, hell, they'd probably even kick me out of this dump. I'm outdated, as far as they care."

Eluna Thals
Mar 22nd, 2015, 12:04:46 AM
Eluna listened totally to the Nehantite's impassioned explanations. She sat up fully, turning his chin upwards with her own hand to look at her.

"I understand how frustrating that can feel. I want to help you make a difference. There are a lot of people out there that could use a good Jedi like you, Hal. A lot of people who need help."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 22nd, 2015, 10:54:09 AM
The hand on his chin was unexpected, and Hal resisted at first until he realized what she was doing. For all the touch he received from others, that of actual concern was one he seldom received. His own paw slipped down to his lap, muzzle resting upon Eluna's delicate fingers until they slipped away, while a million thoughts ran through his head, a war between his two halves.

But the words that came out were from neither, instead they came from his heart. "Then a lot of people are going to be shit out of luck, aren't they. The Council are who you should be talking to, not me. You've already got my vote."

Eluna Thals
Mar 22nd, 2015, 11:02:07 AM
"I'm not asking the Council, Hal. I'm asking you."

Eluna reached in a pocket, pulling out a communications fob of some design. She pressed it into the Jedi's paw.

"If you activate this, a shuttle will arrive within an hour at your location. If you board that shuttle, I can help you find fulfilling work."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 22nd, 2015, 11:10:31 AM
Wrinkles creased the Nehantite's furred brow as he studied that fob in his paw. A mystery had just been offered to him - possibly the most dangerous thing to offer to any of his race, as once a mongoose's curiosity was piqued, it ate at them voraciously until it was satisfied with knowledge.

"What kind of work?" he asked, face snapping back to Eluna. "And just who are you? Who do you work for?"

And can we shag before you go?

"And can we shag before you go?" Hal accidentally repeated what his base natures were begging him. Immediately he winced shaking his head. "Sorry, sorry," he held up a paw. "I really didn't mean to say that out loud."

But I did! Woooo!

Eluna Thals
Mar 22nd, 2015, 12:35:54 PM
"You think the Empire is the enemy?"

Eluna closed Hal's hands over the fob gently as she spoke low.

"So do I. And so do my friends."

Her brown eyes met his.

"That's all you really need to know."

Eluna waited for his answer. In the meantime, he propositioned her with no less subtlety than he did before. The Girl inside rolled her eyes. The Machine archived the leverage. She moved close to him, lithely sliding atop into a straddle as she eased her barely open lips closer to his. She paused just short of the mark.

"Quid pro quo, Mr. Rabeak." she deferred breathily against his muzzle. Again she brought his closed paw between them.

"Show me how committed you are and I might have something to show in return."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 22nd, 2015, 01:02:24 PM
Oh, hot diggity dog!

Normally I'd say we should be worried, but... you know what? I'm gonna go with this.

Wait, you're going with this? It's got to be a trick. Watch, she'll turn out to be a dude, or something.

Like you'd actually have a problem with that.

Touche. But, on the side of caution, I'm gonna keep it in our pants, for now.

You're not messing with me, right? Like, this isn't some elaborate ruse, and just when I think we're actually going to get something real accomplished, I'm going to find myself in some kind of depraved sex orgy, or something?

That is a brilliant idea. I wish I could think of things like that. You're so smart... *sigh*

Aww, it's okay, if you just shut up a bit more often, I'm sure I could teach you. But, in the meantime, we should probably stop this pretty lady before she really seduces us.

Everything about that moment seemed so tempting, tantalizing, like something out of a dream. While his two sides conferred, Hal thought back to the countless nights he fantasized about something like this happening, and in the end, knowledge won out that those were just fantasies, and reality couldn't be handled the same way by taking his pants off. Fun was fun, but important things - and Dalmajiland - had to be done with your trousers on. Closing his eyes, Hal nodded, allowing his muzzle to briefly nuzzle the woman's cheek - his only allowed indulgence - before gently easing her back, and rolling her off of his hips and onto her side of the bed.

"Am I getting paid for this, or are you here just appealing to my good nature?" he finally asked. Surely that information would also be on the data fob, but he needed to hear it for himself.

Eluna Thals
Mar 22nd, 2015, 01:57:17 PM
Now disentangled, Eluna paused only to brush a little shed hair that had clung to her top.

"Everyone in the galaxy uses money, Hal. I don't expect that to be different for the Jedi, ideals or no."

She removed a credit chit, authorizing a figure reading 5,000cr. She showed the amount to Hal before authorizing it, pressing her thumb against the reader as her adaptive biometrics assigned an identity that would serve sufficiently as a credit source. Eluna tossed the money to the Nehantite, appearing fairly casual in the act of doing so.

"Consider it a signing bonus. I'm certain there's more available if you like the work."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 22nd, 2015, 02:06:34 PM
Hal surveyed the chit, not especially wowed by the amount, yet hardly unappreciative. After all, he hadn't technically agreed to whatever mission this strange, sexy woman had planned for him, and she was already throwing money at him. What wasn't to like?

"And I'm guessing I probably shouldn't tell anyone, right?" he asked, pocketing the chit. "After all, secret meetings, cash in my pocket, possibility of a good time when it's all over. Seems like someone found my old file. Let me review what's on this fob, and I'll let you know for sure. Until then, yeah, you basically got me."

Eluna Thals
Mar 22nd, 2015, 10:49:26 PM
"And I'm guessing I probably shouldn't tell anyone, right?"

Eluna pursed her lips slightly at the thought of a patently unwise course of action.

"I don't think either of us would like the result if you did, no."

Hal effectively considered it wait and see but was already leveraging his intention. The Human Replica Droid smiled politely as she rose.

"I'm glad you're considering it. Thank you."

She turned to the door to leave, pausing before opening the latch.

"There should be no need for us to speak here again. If it's yes, press the button. If it's no, keep the money. If a Jedi could bill for their time, I imagine it would be for large figure at any rate."

Eluna opened the door, spilling sunlight in.

"Until we meet again."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 22nd, 2015, 11:15:08 PM
That's not a data fob, you idiot. Was the first thing his higher reasoning told him the moment that Eluna was out the door. There's nothing to review. You just have to make a choice.

But what choice do we make? We don't even know who that was? And we could get a really hot date, tonight.

With who, another construction worker? Come on, even they're getting wise to us, and the Ciz... well... sure, they're reliable backups, but aren't you getting tired of the same thing?

Yeah... and, she says this can lead to some action. Like we used to do. Let's face it, Ilum was the most alive I've felt since... well, since before the big freeze. It's what we're supposed to do.

Typically I'd disagree with getting us into dangerous situations, but... you're right. It did feel good, didn't it? My planning, your action. We were a perfect team.

Except when you took the fall for it. We could have weaseled out of that one, you know.

No, we couldn't have. That was the best option.

And is this really the best option right now? We push this button, there may be no going back. We spent a long time in that cell, and we're still not really liked, here, but... these are the closest things we have to friends. Do you want to risk that?

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Yeah, they may not really like us, and never, ever come to visit, but they're all we've got. Still, they don't have to know. I've got a clever plan to make sure they don't even know we're missing.

Oh? Do tell!

You'll see.

You're no fun, anymore. Can we at least look at that last magazine, before we go?

Fiiiiine. But please, be quick about it.

Half an hour later, Halajiin Rabeak stepped out of his perma-tent, satchel over his shoulder, and boots on his footpaws. With a twist of his key, he locked the tent door, clicked the button on that fob, then slapped a flimsiplast sign onto it, for all to see. If it didn't keep people out of his business, nothing would.

"Mating Season: Keep Out."

Callomas Savoc
Mar 23rd, 2015, 10:20:20 PM
It wasn't long before movement caught Hal's eye, set against the hunter greens and adobes of the broken earth and forest ridge lines. A passing glance might have thought it was a carrion bird, but that was soon dispelled by it's persistent direction and speed. The dark form soon became unmistakeably artificial, a dark-hulled shuttlecraft with deep-swooping wings shaved the treeline as it carefully terminated it's velocity nearly on top of Hal's position. A quick descent another twenty five meters and the craft thumped on landing struts in an adjacent dell.

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 23rd, 2015, 10:32:38 PM
I hope we've made the right decision. We don't even know who that woman was, or who she works for. This could be a trap.

Trap for what? Nobody even really knows I'm alive, remember? Besides, with all the other Jedi around, why would they want us? Even the Jedi don't want us, and we're one of them.

Barely. But, you have a point, and they do seem to be in a hurry to get us. Look at that incoming...

The ion roar of engines being throttled, then shunted as the shuttlecraft descended over him filled Hal's ears, but with luck it would be drowned out by the construction noise near the main colony complex. The pilot's trajectory had been low and fast enough to avoid most sensors, and as Hal jogged over to it, he could already see a landing door easing open. This was to be a quick pick-up and run, something Hal was familiar with in his days infiltrating the Merestri crime syndicate. Holding his satchel tight beneath his arm, the yellow-furred mongoose ran, raising his signal fob as he drew close so that the pilot and crew - if it had one - would know he was their package.

If only we knew what the shipping label read...

Saarrreeaa Raurrssaatta
Mar 23rd, 2015, 11:17:15 PM
The hatch opened, a lithe Cizerack female in a tight leather outfit leaning out as the ship touched down. Saarrreeaa could only see one being in the meadow, and she waved him over quite needlessly. He was a species she'd never seen before - all covered in hair and probably smelly. "Come on jin," she called, when he got close enough, and she thumped the bulkhead when he jumped onboard, the ship already lifting up before she got the hatch closed.

"Welcome aboarrrd," she purred.

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 24th, 2015, 05:30:04 PM
Hal's left paw grabbed for a handhold and clung to it tight as the small craft leapt skyward once more, not letting go until he no longer heard wind noise from an open hatch. Only then did he give himself a chance to survey his welcome wagon.

Oh, hot damn, she is HOT!

She's also a Cizerack, and we've learned that the female Ciz are basically all really bitchy and controlling.

Mmm, she could control me all night long...

Head in the game, man! I'm taking over!

Managing to pry his eyes way from those hips and that chest, Hal gave a winning smile, smoothed back that flop of headfur that made him look like a surfer, knowing it would just fall back into place, and he extended his paw. "Thanks. I'm Hal. And you're gorgeous."

Dang it! I said I was taking over!

You snooze, you lose, Pointdexter! Early bird saves nine!

Wh... what? That doesn't even make sense!

Or maybe it makes so much sense, you just can't understand it.

You're an idiot.

Saarrreeaa Raurrssaatta
Mar 25th, 2015, 12:33:22 AM
Saa laughed, double checking the hatch lock and then gestured down the hallway. "I'm Saarrreeaa, njice to meet jyou Hal." His tail was twitching in a familiar way, and she had to concentrate to keep her own from responding. Perhaps body language wasn't the same between species... but no, the way his eyes kept falling to her chest suggested otherwise. "After jyou."

He ducked up the passage, and she hung back a little, checking out his backside. For a moment she wondered just how soft his fur was... Saa blinked and followed him, biting the inside of her cheek with her sharp teeth. Keep jyourrr head jin the game, Saa. Four dajyss jissn't that long (pluss trravel tjime)... she groaned inwardly at the thought. She'd been deprived before for over a month and she'd survived. Plus, kree-rrou couldn't last forever.

But Callomas was a decidedly distant second choice when it came to sexual partners aboard this particular ship, unless they were planning on picking up another male before they reached their destination. Saa bit her lip and told herself to behave as she walked down the hallway.

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 25th, 2015, 04:47:18 PM
Oh yes, she's totally into me.

I wonder if the whole crew is Cizerack. A whole crew of hot, available, female Cizeracks...

And you say I'm delusional...

It was a short walk from the rear hatch, past what appeared to be doors to two small crew cabins, and the head, to a reinforced cockpit door. Glancing back over his shoulder, Hal looked to Saarrreeaa for the go-ahead to open it. His smile mirrored er own as she gave it, and he pressed the shiny red button which looked like a boiled sweet.

Fssh!

Huh? Fish?

What? What are you talking about, "fish?"

You said fish. Right up there.

That was a sound effect, genius. Geez, learn to differentiate between effects and internal dialogue.

The cockpit door slid open, revealing a blue sky rapidly turning black through the windshield, and the outline of a man seated in at the controls.

"Uh, heya, I'm Hal. Guess you could say I'm your cargo, for now," the Nehantite said, stepping forward to run his paw along the back of one of the empty seats. "Mind if I ask where it is we're going?"

Callomas Savoc
Mar 25th, 2015, 06:09:23 PM
Callomas had been busy back-tracking their low altitude course toward the southern pole of the planet. Now free from the dedication it took, he turned the craft towards space to affect a proper exit from those who might otherwise be looking for the coming and going of unidentified craft.

"The ship it travels to Tanaab."

The older human glanced back at the Nehantite with a nonplussed expression, then gestured to the seat opposite.

"Please to sit. The journey it is not short."

The glance back was all it took to note the lascivious expression on his partner's face.

"You have met Saarrreeaa Raurrssatta, neita? She is a woman most interested in traveling companions."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 25th, 2015, 06:55:50 PM
Arching an eyebrow, Hal looked back at Saarrreea as he pondered just what the apparent captain may have meant by that.

He means we're totally gonna-

Just stop it. Too much from us gets obnoxious. Let's just go with dialogue and exposition for a while, okay? Thanks.

Unslinging his satchel, Hal nodded and let himself drop down into the seat he was leaning against. A single wriggle was all it took to get comfortable, and get his tail out from where it had been pinned by his leg. Before him, the stars grew ever brighter, and with a sigh, Hal knew that Ossus would soon be out of sight. Would anyone miss him? Likely not, but it would have at least felt better if he thought someone might. He had survived his own death, but was not there to see the impact it had. The worry his family must have gone through, the fruitless searches by Republic forces, and the Jedi never knowing what became of him - he had missed it all, until he had truly been forgotten by the universe. If he never came back from this mission, whatever it was, would it be the same? Was it grief he was seeking, or a grand welcome home, Hal could not decide. All he knew is that there had been no fanfare, and despite his efforts to regain what little former glory he had known, Hal was alone.

"What's Tanaab?" he asked at last, shifting his satchel to the floor so that he could lean back and stretch his legs out. "City? Space station? Ship? Planet? Cluster? Never heard of it. That where you two are from?" He glanced back to the Cizerack woman, wondering if she would be joining them for a seat.

I wish these seats were wide enough for two. Bench seats are always better than buckets...

Saarrreeaa Raurrssaatta
Mar 25th, 2015, 07:37:04 PM
"Imperrrjial borrrderrr planet," Saa said. She tossed her hair out of her eyes, and realized she was staring. "jI'll be jin the back."

Callomas and his little comments. Probably just glad to avoid an awkward late night door knock again. She managed to blush. Not her best moment. Saa fell onto the couch in the small eating/living area and crossed her arms across her chest. Her boots were artfully half laced and folded down, but she kicked them off as she closed her eyes and thought about cold showers.

Callomas Savoc
Mar 26th, 2015, 12:21:31 AM
The Caridan Mandalorian coolly aligned the ship for a hyperspace vector and waited for the navicomputer to apply micro corrections for jump.

"Tanaab it is where our mission takes us."

He searched Hal's eyes for any sign that he knew much more of it than they did - which wasn't much. Ah, but he was being rude by deferring introductions any longer. He extended a hand.

"Callomas Savoc. And I see in your eyes Mr. Rabeak you are as I am - the man in the dark."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 27th, 2015, 05:05:24 PM
Leaning forward in his seat, Hal took the offered hand in a firm shake. "Well, at least we're on the same camel," the Nehantite smiled. "And, please, just call my Hal. Mr. Rabeak was my dad; it never sounded right when people called me that."

In turn, Hal studied his pilot. Human, he guessed, and full of city miles, this Callomas appeared to be a man who was not to be messed with, and Hal could respect that. "Wonder if that means we're in this together, or if you're just my ride. Oh well, for a few days I suppose that won't matter."

Glancing around at the cockpit, then back toward the door leading to the small eating and living area, the Nehantite lowered his voice. "So, uh, I noticed there's only two cabins, back there. You and uh... Saarreeaa," Hal almost stumbled on her name, but just barely managed to pull it off, "an item, or... will I be bunking up with one or the other of you? Not that I mind, of course... Just curious."

Callomas Savoc
Mar 27th, 2015, 10:08:22 PM
"There are many pilots of considerate skill, but no, this is not a reason for hiring Savoc."

The Caridan scoffed at the notion, shaking his head decisively.

"Saarrreeaa and I, we are the hunters sens compré. This game, there is but one reason for us to play."

The navicomp blinked a course lock, and Callomas drew back the throttle, sending the starlight into a streaking kaleidoscope. About that time, the Caridan addressed the other point of Hal's observation, turning back in his seat to look at the Nehantite as he inspected the commons.

"Are we a...?"

Suddenly understanding with muted surprise, Callomas turned about in his chair, sitting a little more stiffly than he was previously.

"No. No. Items are not for Savoc."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 27th, 2015, 10:26:56 PM
Hot diggity damn!

Seriously, cut it out, there'll be time for that later. I need to focus on important stuff, right now.

The argument raged on between Hal's higher and lower functions for some time, leaving the real Hal to simply nod in understanding. So Callomas and Saarrreeaa were hunters, likely bounty hunters. That meant he wouldn't be alone on whatever Tanaab was, and he found some comfort in that. But from the way Callomas reacted to Hal's question, the Nehantite began to worry about how well the three could function as a team. Hal hated team missions.

I hate team missions.

*Ahem*

Oh, sorry.

He hated them because they were unpredictable, uncontrollable. Solo, he knew every variable available on his side, but in a group? Chaos seemed imminent.

"Sorry, didn't mean anything by it. I just didn't want to step on any toes, y'know? Man and a woman traveling together? Better to presume they're together before you make a move, and all. Been on the bad end of a few husbands for making that mistake. And a wife, now that I think about it..." Snapping back to attention, the mongoose stared forward at the stars and the effects of gravity as they washed over the hyperspace bubble the ship found itself in.

"When you hunt, is it for live game, or do you bag your targets? Also, weapon of choice?"

Callomas Savoc
Mar 27th, 2015, 10:56:17 PM
Thankful for the topic to turn away from rutting Cizeri women and increasingly-insistent midnight door-knocking, Callomas regarded the Nehantite with curiosity.

"I hunt the game most dangerous, Hal. To what result is up to the contract. The end disinterests Savoc. By the end, no sport remains."

Addressing the matter of weapon of choice, the Caridan looked perplexed.

"What question is this? Does the musician have the favorite note? The painter the favorite color? C'ais drevage, a question most trivial."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 27th, 2015, 11:01:19 PM
"A musician may not have a favorite note, but he generally sticks to one genre. A painter to a style, and even trivia is known to be divided by subject," Hal replied almost instantly.

Shifting in his seat, he reached back and withdrew his lightsaber from the sleeve where it rested across the back of his belt. "I suppose, being a Jedi, you know I prefer this," he said, holding the unlit saber hilt up. "But it's far from my arsenal. I prefer ranged weapons and tactics, to be honest. If my opponent can't reach me, they can't hurt me. Just trying to see if we're going to compliment or contrast each other, is all."

Callomas Savoc
Mar 27th, 2015, 11:10:04 PM
Callomas fixed his eyes on the saber, a thoughtful expression on his face.

"The Jedi weapon, Savoc is acquainted in a manner most familiar."

He thought of his duel with Loklorien s'Ilancy yet again, as he did so often.

"That Savoc remains is your reassurance."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 27th, 2015, 11:20:38 PM
"I'll say. Consider me reassured, Cal. Can I call you Cal? It has a nice ring to it," Hal nodded.

His lightsaber was tucked away once more, the Nehantite turned to look back into the commons, unable to keep his eyes off of Saa. "So, you really won't mind if I... if she... I mean, she is quite lovely, isn't she? And you're sure you won't mind?"

Callomas Savoc
Mar 27th, 2015, 11:34:04 PM
The hunter's expression turned a mix of dismay and disgust.

"C'ais Cal? This is a nothing. It is a syllable. Peh. No."

He shook his head with emphasis.

"No. This will not do. Not even once. Callomas is my name. It is the utterance indivisible!"

And again Hal insisted on mentioning the unmentionable, turning the hunter away from a pet peeve. He glanced back once more.

"Do not let me delay you. If the result is a full night's rest for Savoc, he will consider it a kindness."

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 28th, 2015, 12:31:04 AM
"Awesome, glad you're cool with it," Hal nodded. Standing up, he continued to look into the commons, then slapped the pad on the back of his chair. "Thanks, bro."

With that, it was only a few steps and a flick of his tail before Hal was in the commons, leaving Callomas with no chance for a polite retort.

"So..." Hal said, sliding in to half lean, half sit on the table by Saarrreeaa, "From the sounds of it, that's going to be our bedroom, for the trip." He pointed to one of the two cabin doors. "Hope that won't be a problem," he then added with a wink and a playful flick of his tail.

Saarrreeaa Raurrssaatta
Mar 28th, 2015, 01:12:31 AM
She half sat up, propping herself up on her elbows. "Well, jI hope jyou don't ssnorre." If her mother could see her now she would be furious. Saa smiled slowly, blatantly eyeing Hal's crotch, and then she jumped to her feet, standing in front of him.

"jYou arrre verrrjy exotjic," she breathed, raising her hands but stopping just short of placing them on his chest.

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 29th, 2015, 07:09:06 PM
The Nehantie's grin turned into a sly smile, and he reached up to pop a few buttons on the front of his shirt. "Mmm, I'm soft, too," he said, a rumbling chuckle is his voice as he gently took Saa's wrists and placed them against the bared fur on his chest. "And... no, I don't snore in bed," he added. "At least when I'm not sleeping, that is."

With a causal wink, he let his paws slide in to her hips, not caring if Callomas saw or not. He could smell the pheromones boiling off of the Cizerack, now, and despite being another species, he had no difficulty translating the message. "And, if you think I'm exotic, now, well..." his tail brushed up against her leg. "Maybe I ought to take you on the full safari." Nodding toward the cabin door, he winked again.

Saarrreeaa Raurrssaatta
Mar 29th, 2015, 07:13:51 PM
Instead of answering, Saa jumped on him, wrapping her legs around his hips and grabbing his face, kissing him fiercely.

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 29th, 2015, 09:39:35 PM
On pure instinct, and perhaps a fair bit of libido, Hal accepted the kiss, and responded with a good deal of tongue in return. The paws at her hips hiked up to hold her lower and mid back as he staggered briefly under the sudden weight, but by no means was it unwelcome.

I can't believe it. You found a girl who is more of a hound than you are.

Don't judge me.

The kiss didn't let up, and for once Hal actually found himself confused. Typically women didn't act like this. In fact, to his knowledge, no woman had ever acted like this to him, except in his fantasies, where women did all manner of things that no real woman ever did, most likely. But this was no fantasy, and he didn't need to pinch himself to prove it, as the uncomfortable tightness of his trousers was hint enough.

As a hint, while we may want to have all manner of sex with this woman, we will likely have to eat off of this table, later, so perhaps I can suggest taking things to the bedroom?

Ooh, good point! Thanks for watching our for us, brain-bro!

Shifting his weight - and Saa's - back to one foot, Hal awkwardly step-stumbled toward the cabin door, Saarrreeaa practically locked about his hips, and with no small measure of fumbling, he found the door switch, and together they walk-tumbled inside, crashing down onto the bed. A well-aimed kick smacked the door switch behind them, allowing the pair some privacy, and sparing Callomas the indignity of mating acts upon his dining table.

Callomas Savoc
Mar 29th, 2015, 09:47:28 PM
Callomas watched the two crazed libido bombs link up and have the good decency to seal themselves up in private quarters before detonation. He smiled, thoughts of how decent a night's sleep he was now going to get.

"C'ais z'amoré."

Turning back in his seat, the Caridan nodded.

"Bon."

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 1st, 2015, 06:25:24 PM
Morning. A loosely defined concept in space, but as long as there were alarm clocks, there would still be mornings. And, according to the alarm clock on his nightstand, it was 8:04 in the morning.

Bleary eyed, sore, fur mussed and going at least a dozen different directions, Hal stumbled out of his cabin, the bedsheet wrapped around his waist for modesty. "Holy Garfife..." he groaned, then rubbed his eyes. Blinking forcefully, he glanced back at Saa, still in bed, and barely kept modest by the remaining blanket, Hal smiled and shook his head in disbelief. But, it had certainly happened, and he had stiffness in his hips to prove it. Not looking around the lounge, he simply passed over to the refresher, and once done there, dried his paws and returned to the commons in search of some stimcaff, or anything else to give him some energy, as he knew he was certainly going to need it, again, once the girl woke up.

One paw holding fast his sheet, the other fumbled in a cabinet for a mug, then poured himself a cup of hot, black stimcaff, inhaling deeply of its strong, bitter aroma before turning to the small table in hopes to have a seat.

Callomas Savoc
Apr 4th, 2015, 08:32:38 AM
Callomas was already up and attending to matters of breaking the fast at the ship's autochef. A crêpe appeared on a plate beside the Nehantite, rolled around a mixture of macerated berries, eopie cheese, and nuts, with a spot of whipped cream dolloped on top. Currently he worked on the breakfast needs of his other passenger, arranging a finely-chopped pile of fish sauce seasoned raw dewback steak into an oval. A press of the back of a spoon into the center created a depression into which a raw nuna egg was cracked. Out of tradition, he arrayed shallots, cornichons and olives within easy reach on the plate, though he doubted Saarrreeaa would bother with proper finery.

A glance back, and Callomas noted the deficient state of attire on his Jedi passenger.

"It would not appear your night was a restful one."

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 4th, 2015, 11:17:33 AM
Hal could feel himself salivating at the sight of that crepe, and the other goodies on what he presumed to be his plate, and leaned in to reach for it. The shift, however, caused his sheet to begin to come loose, and so the Nehantite reacted quickly catching it before it could fall, then cinched it tighter into itself.This was, after all, someone's shuttle, and not some hostel where being improperly dressed was allowed, come mornings.

"Restful? Maybe not, but hell, it was needed," the mongoose chuckled, taking up his plate at last, carrying it and his stimcaff over to the small table to sit. "Is, uh... she always like that? I mean, I've known other Ciz girls, and guys, for that matter, as there's tons of them, working on Ossus, but... none are as forward as that. Hope we weren't too loud," he said before taking a sup of his still-hot stimcaff.

Callomas Savoc
Apr 4th, 2015, 12:26:14 PM
"Saarrreeaa is the woman most persistent."

Callomas put finishing touches on galletes z'tubre, a cheese-filled starchy tuber fritter that was garnished with some fresh green trimming. This too was placed before the Nehantite. He considered the question, and recalled quite lucidly a few tense exchanges. He'd been mindful to be careful with any encroachment into her personal space.

"She speaks of kree'rrou. It is the Cizerack estress, neita. Savoc he too has been pursued in the chase most amorous. Alas it is not Savoc's way."

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 4th, 2015, 04:55:16 PM
"Kree'rrou?" Hal's mouth formed the words with some effort, brow knit in confusion. Taking up his fork, he readied himself to cut away a section of crepe when he suddenly paused, pink eyes wide as he looked up to his pilot and chef. "Wait, that means she's only.... sixteen?" he asked.

The Nehantite's ears drooped, and he leaned forward to glance back into the cabin, worry written on his face. Well, she might be sixteen, but she had been the one to throw herself at Hal, not the other way around. And it certainly wasn't her first time, not by a long shot. Heaving a sigh of resignation to those facts, and the fact that there would likely be a great deal more attention required from her, Hal accepted his fate and dug in to breakfast.

"Thish ish incredible. I haven't have breakfasht like thish in yearsh!" he then found himself speaking around a mouthful, already loading up another forkful.

Callomas Savoc
Apr 7th, 2015, 08:48:19 PM
"I do not know." Callomas dismissed the inquiry into Saarrreeaa's age plainly enough, returning to his duties at the autochef. She was old enough to pick up a blaster. His father had told him that was always old enough.

"The cooking it agrees with you?" The Caridan afforded himself a smile for a job well done. "Bon. On Carida, it is the pasttime celebrated. The father, he teaches the son. Alas for Savoc his father did not cook, so the cuizên rustage I am - aha - the student self taught."

At last sitting down to his own galletes z'tubre, the Caridan examined his plate critically before piercing the golden edge of the fritter with a fork.

"It pleases me to travel in the company of a Jedi. You are the companion most singular."

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 7th, 2015, 08:58:19 PM
Callomas's voice, and his curious pattern of speech and phrasing, seemed like music perfectly suited to the consumption of Halajiin's breakfast. Each bite delivered new and spectacular flavors, complexity in their design unlike anything he had eaten in over a century. And, though he attempted to savor his meal, Hal found his plate nearing empty in short time.

"Absolutely delicious," he said, the need to re-express his previous sentiment self-evident.

"It pleases me to travel in the company of a real chef," he then grinned. "We certainly don't have one on Ossus. At all." In went his final forkful, the Nehantite closing his eyes to lose himself in the exquisite flavor, but alas, in short time it was gone, washed down with quality stimcaff.

"Though, yeah, I'm singular right now, but... I have a feeling when she wakes up," he nodded toward the cabin. "I might get dragged back into a duo. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but still... yowza. In any case, with cooking like this, I'm afraid I won't have a lot to offer in the way of help, while we're en route. Spaghetti sandwiches probably don't really rate on your menu, I'm guessing."

Saarrreeaa Raurrssaatta
Apr 7th, 2015, 09:09:57 PM
Saarrreeaa walked out of her cabin with bleary eyes, a loose fitting tank top with large armholes, a pair of tiny shorts, and slouched combat boots comprising the whole of her clothing. She zeroed in on the plate of fish sauced dewback, and sniffed in its direction on her way to pour a cup of caf. Saa plopped into the chair opposite her breakfast and used one hand to mix everything on the plate together while she sipped the hot, life giving drink.

She scooped some meat mixture into her mouth and seemed to see the two males in the room for the first time. "Morrrnjin'," she mumbled, but she gave Hal a little smile and a wink.

Callomas Savoc
Apr 8th, 2015, 02:39:04 PM
Saarrreeaa emerged from the much-abused bunk in a slightly more respectable state of undress than her Nehantite paramour, which was a relief. She then proceeded to break her fast in what the Caridan had come to realize was a distinctly Cizeri way. The eating of food with one's hands that was never meant for the hand was met with a somewhat glum expression. That she was eating was a good sign, so he offered no rebuke. Even if she did not deplete her strength last night, she would need more of it in the coming days.

Hal was singing his praises for breakfast, and Callomas bashfully deferred them with a hand wave.

"It is a little thing, ami. To cook, it keeps the mind free and the coordination of the hand true."

Callomas glanced between them.

"You also practice a ritual to prepare for battle, neita. Bon. As long as you have strength when we arrive is all Savoc asks."

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 8th, 2015, 03:34:53 PM
It was most certainly a good thing that Hal had finished his breakfast before his bedmate started hers. Immediately he lost his appetite, and looked to Callomas with a look of bewildered disgust at the Cizerack's table manners.

That... is so nasty.

Yeah, sooo glad I didn't see that before we went to bed, last night.

Like it would have made a difference.

It would have! It... er... dang it...

Quietly Hal's paws slipped away from his silverware and retreated to the underside of the table where they attempted to adjust his sheet.

Told you so.

His senses launched into a heated battle of name-calling, nuh-uhs and uh-huhs, and while they did so, Hal tried his best not to look embarassed, or draw attention to himself. "Oh, don't worry," he replied, "I'm always good to go come morning," he said with a laugh.

Oh, I'll say you certainly are!

Shut up! This isn't funny! They're gonna notice!

Maybe next time you'll actually put pants on before leaving your cabin. Serves you right, tent-boy.

Another firestorm of schoolyard insults raged, and Hal cleared his throat, attempting to change the subject. "So, uh, any update on what our mission is, yet, Callomas? Any details?" A glance over at Saa in that loos tank top certainly didn't help Hal's attempt to distract himself.

Saarrreeaa Raurrssaatta
Apr 8th, 2015, 03:47:04 PM
Saa ran her finger along the bottom of her plate, cleaning off the last bit of sauce. As Hal glanced her way she put her finger in her mouth to lick it off, and slowly pulled it out before sliding it back in. He'd been very energetic in bed the night before, almost matching her for stamina, and she was very interested in resuming their activities.

He asked Callomas about their mission, and she sighed, sitting up and leaning her elbow on the table. "Mjyssterrjiouss mjisssjion jiss mjyssterrrjiouss. At leasst we'rrre bejing pajid well."

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 8th, 2015, 03:55:35 PM
NOT HELPING! Hal's base natures cried out at the sight of that finger between those lips, and he almost whined out loud, knowing it was going to be impossible to hide his predicament once he stood up.

Resigning himself to such embarrassment in front of Callomas, he let his paws return to the table top, and asked, "Paid well? How, uh, how much are you guys netting, out of this?" It was that moment when Hal realized that he actually didn't know how much he was going to get paid beyond the five thousand credits he'd received up front. From experience, the higher the amount, the more dangerous the mission.

Again his eyes strayed back to Saarrreeaa, and this time they stayed there, passing back that wink she'd given him earlier before he even realized it.

Callomas Savoc
Apr 8th, 2015, 04:15:42 PM
Callomas ate in silence as he glanced to Saa and Hal. It was the height of ill manners to discuss pecuniary arrangements. He would leave that topic for Hal to discuss with their employer, who was not yet forthcoming. Finishing a bite, he addressed Saa's non-question.

"The particulars, they have not yet been revealed. Our contact, they meet with us on Tanaab to speak as we now speak."

In person. They wanted nothing left to chance, it seemed.

Saarrreeaa Raurrssaatta
Apr 9th, 2015, 08:08:21 PM
"jIt'ss damn mjyssterrjiouss," Saa said, affecting a posh tone. "jI assssume we'll be lajid well. ji mean, pajid." She pushed herself up from the table with a sly grin, and grabbed the dirty plates. She walked over to the dishwasher, hips swaying, and bent over further than she needed to put the dishes inside.

Halajiin Rabeak
Apr 9th, 2015, 09:12:28 PM
Helpless, and trapped in his seat by modesty, all Hal could do was watch those perfect hips sway, and he emitted an almost pathetic whine as Saa bent over.

I don't think I've ever been this ha-

Except the time when you took the wrong blue pills. Didn't exactly cure your headache, did they?

Why did we even have those?

I think you were drunk and ordering things off the holonet, most likely.

Sounds like me. In any case, we reaaaally don't need those right now. But I need some of that.

*sigh* I'll work up an apology for what Callomas is about to see, here, then. You just... do your thing.

There was nothing else for it. The visual stimuli, the pheromones rolling off the girl, the memory of what they'd been doing most of the night and into the morning... Hal could not help his animal instincts, and knew that while there would be shame in standing up at that moment, it was shame which would be soon rewarded by debauchery. Taking a deep breath, he sighed, straightened his posture and turned to Callomas. "I'm sorry. You might want to... look the other way for a moment. I'm... not exactly wearing pants."

Giving his chef and pilot a chance to let that sink in, Hal then worked out from behind the table and stood. And, though he tried to hide it under the sheet, was clearly already standing. "Saa," whatsay we head back to bed?" he asked, then darted into the cabin.

Callomas Savoc
Apr 9th, 2015, 09:58:27 PM
Averting his eyes out of his own sense of decorum and manners rather than any aversion, the Caridan muttered mon dieu as the two rut-minded aliens returned to quarters to burn off their breakfast. When the door closed mercifully, Callomas daubed his mouth with his napkin and returned to his own quarters to prepare his tools.

They would be arriving at Tanaab in hours. The hunter could only hope his colleagues would be prepared by then.