PDA

View Full Version : Portland and You in December

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 14th, 2015, 08:34:31 PM
Just want to throw out the invite to COME TO MY PLACE in <strike>Portland</strike> Sandy, OR in December to watch EPISODE VII and HANG and STUFF. There may be snowboarding. There will be tequila tastings and microbrewery visits! You can PUT A BIRD ON IT!

Dec 12-21 are the days Charley and Christin (and her sis) are coming. Also I have 3 kids so if you hate kids this may not be the trip for you. :hug

p.s. The Hicks have dibs on the spare bedroom

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 14th, 2015, 08:36:35 PM
I'll be renting a car too, so we won't have to clowncar things too awful much :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 14th, 2015, 08:55:45 PM
Oh, there will probably be a hockey game too. They go on a Christmas break but in the early part there will probably be a game to go to.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 14th, 2015, 09:25:30 PM
This event needs to be called Put A Nerd On It :D

Zereth Lancer
Mar 14th, 2015, 09:57:03 PM
I'm sure I'll pop in at some point, probably to say hi to the Hicks and for the movie itself. So if you've ever wanted to see how pale I am from living in my aunt's shadow, you should definitely come.

Charley
Mar 14th, 2015, 10:00:07 PM
Well I expect everyone in Portland is the shade of a twilight character since a wizard cast a spell to keep the sun perpetually away.

I will ship a care package in advance of our trip. Local beer, homebrew. Hopefully charcuterie and cheese if I can make it travel.

James Prent
Mar 14th, 2015, 10:00:28 PM
I'm sure I'll pop in at some point, probably to say hi to the Hicks and for the movie itself. So if you've ever wanted to see how pale I am from living in my aunt's shadow, you should definitely come.
Hahahahaha you're hilarious

Charley
Mar 14th, 2015, 10:01:31 PM
I do need to know if "Please Please Win, Meow Meow Meow" is actually a cheer used at Portland sporting events though.

James Prent
Mar 14th, 2015, 10:02:21 PM
Could be a Timbers chant! I don't soccer. I doubt it though.

Charley
Mar 14th, 2015, 10:04:31 PM
Well it was referenced at a timbers game, so perhaps. I know they show fandom with the cunning use of flags or something. Either way I'll bring my cool scarf and pretend to be a local.

Serena Laran
Mar 15th, 2015, 07:34:45 PM
I'll definitely be making pie. I go into full-on baking mode at the holidays. Cookies...chex mix...more cookies...

The movie will be experienced at www.cinetopia.com

Ilias Nytrau
Apr 13th, 2015, 09:36:52 PM
My showing up, while dependent on my getting work, may also not happen if I get work. =/

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 13th, 2015, 10:12:40 PM
Well, fingers crossed!

Ahnk Rashanagok
Apr 27th, 2015, 02:55:54 AM
I was told the movie opened Christmas Day. Was I lied to?

Edit: I was lied to. This is xcellent news. I can now take myself to this movie as a birthday gift!

This probably doesn't relate to your thread, but, I happened to be in your thread and I am excited.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 27th, 2015, 10:37:43 AM
Hey Ahnk :wave

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 29th, 2015, 11:48:32 AM
Activities to do:

Make lightsabers (I saw ;) )

Other stuff I thought would be neat, is finally mixing up a Jedi Toilet Duck, a Star Wars marathon, many tasty adult beverages (duh), and bad jokes.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 29th, 2015, 06:52:00 PM
Star Wars trivial pursuit! other board games

Also, I'm going to try to sew some Jedi robes for me and or Ty for the movie :D

Ahnk Rashanagok
Apr 30th, 2015, 02:17:15 AM
Hey Ahnk :wave
:cheers

Peter McCoy
May 1st, 2015, 01:26:19 PM
So jealous! Really wish I could make it to this. Maybe one year I'll make it over for something, even if it's just by myself - don't think the wife would enjoy nerdy antics. The one thing I don't want to do is pop over in a fleeting manner. If I ever do it, it'll likely be a one-off thing so I'd make sure I could stay as long as possible.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 9th, 2015, 11:00:26 AM
Bumping this

Karin DeLumiar
Oct 9th, 2015, 07:49:47 PM
I got confirmation yesterday that I can take the block of time represented by this off. I'm going to look into plane tickets soon, although it will be tricky given that stuff is probably starting to fill.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 9th, 2015, 08:13:10 PM
Sweet! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 16th, 2015, 08:29:49 PM
December 12th is the Winterhawks' teddy bear toss game so hopefully if you're traveling here you'll be here early enough to make it (let me know so I can get tix)

Charley
Oct 16th, 2015, 09:06:13 PM
We arrive at 10:00 in Portland on the 12th so I think we'll not be able to make the game sadly :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 16th, 2015, 09:36:26 PM
Yeah , the game starts at 7 and will be wrapping up around 9-9:30. I can probably go straight from it to meet you at the airport, maybe :)

edit: I mean I definitely can and will :p

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 17th, 2015, 12:58:24 AM
I'll be renting a car, so if you'd rather us meet you somewhere, we can :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 17th, 2015, 01:21:37 AM
I know, but it's no fun to have no one meet you at the airport.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 19th, 2015, 04:04:38 PM
Regarding tickets: I am planning on buying them tonight, if you're going to be here please decide amongst yourselves if you want to see it in IMAX 3D opening night or not. If so, let me know and I'll buy them all at once, you can paypal me back at your convenience (as long as it's tomorrow haha).

We may also want to get non-3D tickets for the next day (so properly the 18th rather than midnight or 7pm thursday), but that's up to you guys? I'm getting a babysitter for opening night but will probably want to take the kids when we see it again.

Draiya Naaianeya
Oct 19th, 2015, 07:40:33 PM
I'm easy however you choose to do this. I plan on seeing it at least three times there.

Ahnk Rashanagok
Oct 27th, 2015, 07:08:55 AM
I am surprised there are still tickets... I went and bought my tickets (for the 20th even) and managed to get the last two side by side seats in the theatre.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2015, 09:12:04 AM
Yeah, everything is selling out

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 12th, 2015, 12:34:23 PM
If there are other people planning on coming please PM me when you're arriving so we can plan accordingly for pick ups or whatever. Plus if we are going to another showing of the Movie then I need to locate a movie theatre that hasn't sold out yet and get the right number of tickets.

:eee it's close!

edit: checked the PMJ show and it's sold out - i dunno if you guys got tickets already or not, but if not I guess it's off the calendar ^_^;

Sam
Nov 25th, 2015, 12:25:43 AM
Arriving Tuesday (15th) evening and leaving Monday (21st) afternoon.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 25th, 2015, 11:10:28 AM
:D awesome!

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 21st, 2015, 04:54:32 PM
Had a wonderful time with those who came - everyone should be winging their way home or home already.

thanks for hanging out, guys. :hug

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 21st, 2015, 04:55:38 PM
And now I'm going to take a nap

Fidget
Dec 21st, 2015, 05:04:52 PM
And now I'm going to take a nap

...and then fire ze missiles? :ohno

Sam
Dec 21st, 2015, 11:57:40 PM
So, I have a secret to tell. A dirty, terrible secret.

Are you ready? Once you read this you can never go back.
Actually, it's more than one secret.
You know, I'd better put it in spoiler tags just in case anyone doesn't want to know these secrets.

Holly and Ty are incredibly gracious hosts; their kids are charming; and Brian, Charley, and Christin are still awesome.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 22nd, 2015, 01:15:53 AM
:3:

aw shucks

also the kids miss everyone (and so do I) (and Sophie said she misses Sam the most but didn't give a reason why lol)

Pierce Tondry
Dec 22nd, 2015, 05:04:58 PM
So, I have a secret to tell. A dirty, terrible secret.

Are you ready? Once you read this you can never go back.
Actually, it's more than one secret.
You know, I'd better put it in spoiler tags just in case anyone doesn't want to know these secrets.

Holly and Ty are incredibly gracious hosts; their kids are charming; and Brian, Charley, and Christin are still awesome.

omg such deep secrets

Really sorry I delayed us getting to the airport, because I'd have liked to spend a little more time with you (Sam) just hanging out. That said, it was a delightful trip and I have to echo the sentiments about the hosting family - Holly is, and has always been, a total sweetheart. Her kids have absolutely inherited that from her. And of course, Ty is my favorite Liquor Santa.

And I could never forget how Charley and Christin are among the best of my friends, even when I piss Christin off.

Looking forward to the day our paths cross again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 22nd, 2015, 09:13:41 PM
Yup, gotta say that was an absolutely fantastic trip :)

Finally got to put right the Seattle Floydd's debacle with Holly ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 23rd, 2015, 12:08:55 AM
;)

Then we realized we're too old to drink like that...

Charley
Dec 23rd, 2015, 12:57:52 AM
Had a fantastic time in Oregon! Great seeing Brian and Sam again as always, and great spending time with Holly and her family. Holly, your kids are totally awesome, and I enjoyed getting beat by them at video games and baking bread with them. Ty is a solid dude, and I'm not just saying that because he's liquor santa. Enjoyed helping with breakfast prep, and helping to liberate a little breathing room in y'all's garage.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 23rd, 2015, 02:35:55 AM
Can't wait to do it again!