PDA

View Full Version : Our Time

Lady Frygt
Jan 5th, 2015, 10:30:55 AM
She breathed in the air through her nose. Smells like nerf crap. She thought to herself and lit a cigarette, the acrid smoke overpowering the the scent of feces. She reviewed her plans in her mind once again, These idiot farmers won't know what hit them.

Despite being the largest city on planet, it was an insult to cities everywhere to call Pandath a city at all. The capital was comprised mostly of low level buildings, markets and run down space ports. The tallest building in the city was the Forum where the Senate met, the Consul had an office building adjacent to the forum and on the same block both the Republic and Empire had embassies. Tanaab was not uniquely situated on the agreed border between Empire and Republic. The Taanab people had some degree of autonomy, given their political situation, but in the end, neither superpower had much interest in occupying a plant populated by more Nerf and Roba than sentient beings. Both Empire and Republic had surpluses of food. Taanab was entirely useless to both, which was, of course why she picked it to begin a new Sith Order.

She edged near the entrance way, pondering how she might influence her guest as much as possible. Finally, a plan in her mind she entered and lit another cigarette, despite the sign clearly telling her it was illegal to do so in public buildings.

In order to secure the place of the Sith Order on Taanab, she would have to convince the Taanab Senate of the value of doing so. While she felt more than fully capable of convincing the entire Senate to hang themselves, she'd learned that it was often better to work through a proxy, especially in foreign lands. Which is why I need...

"Mr. Dakler Prown!" She said with feigned enthusiasm as she entered the office and took her seat behind her rented desk.

"Ms Frygt! I'm so delighted to meet you at last after all our long holo conversations."

"Indeed..." She replied, sensing his enthusiasm was as feigned as hers. "Let's cut the Nerf crap, shall we?"

The man mumbled an undecipherable response.

"I'm paying you a fairly large sum of credits to do what I need done, not to kiss my ass."

"Of course."

"As you know, I intend to build a university of sorts just outside the city."

"Yes, and it will generate substantial revenue for the government of Pandath and Taanab, as well as various business owners."

"Most important of these business owners being the Spaceport owners, like yourself and your family. As per my business predictions, your family company will be amongst the richest in the Inner Rim."

"And not just that, the University will be good for Taanab too as our people deserve a choice to get a first rate education."

"As is my mission, young women like your daughter, Luna, is it? deserve the best education in the galaxy. And why send her off to a dangerous planet like Coruscant or Corellia when a University can easily thrive on Taanab?" Rikke knew Luna Prown very well, the woman, girl really, was only marginally Force sensitive but her blood relations and naivety made her a useful tool.

"And education is free for Taanab."

"Free for all." She confirmed.

"Excellent, it seems the land issue needs to be dealt with first, then the grants."

"Both at once, ideally."

"I'll see to it personally."

"Well then, you have the map of the proposed site I sent to you, you know what I want, I think it's best to let you get to it, Mr. Prown."

"Yes, my lady. but before I go, I brought Luna with me and had hoped you could take some time to see her."

"Absolutely."

The man got up and frowned as Rikke lit another cigarette. As he exited, he motioned for his daughter to come in.

"Hi, um, Ms. Frygt." The girl said. She was nearly an adult with long well kept brown hair and piercing blue eyes.

"Call me Rikke." She responded and studied her future apprentice intently the cigarette smouldering between her fingers.

"My dad said you were going to be my teacher."

"I feel that teacher is the wrong word, teachers teach you about things like history, science and math. I teach about power."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean power, the ability to make events happen the way you want them to happen. How to get it, how to use it, when and where to use it, more importantly."

"Why?"

"Because simply put: being powerful feels great. Additionally, our kind, people like you and I deserve power, we have a right to rule this galaxy." Rikke smiled.

"I don't want to rule the galaxy, I just don't want to be pushed around anymore."

Which is how you end up ruling the galaxy... Rikke thought to herself. "If you want to be the one that determines the outcome of your own life, then you at least need power over your surroundings." Rikke could feel through the Force that Luna was imagining being the uncontested ruler of her own personal world.

"How do I get power?"

Rikke smiled, "You follow me."

"

Dakler Prown
Jan 7th, 2015, 04:39:57 PM
"People and Senate of Taanab!" Dakler announced from the central station in the Senate building. "Our great planet has for so long waited patiently in isolation Despite our trade position on the Perlemian and our position relative to the Imperial capital, Our planet has remained aloof aloof of our greatness. As a farming planet, we have sat in ignorant isolation. When the Empire and Alliance negotiated their treaty, they traded our planet as if we were cheap commodities! I tell, you fellow citizens that when the Alliance finds it convenient, they will trade away our sovereignty to the Empire for some petty favor or assurance. No longer can we afford to allow our planet to be so insignificant. We must rise. Trade and Industry are beyond our grasp, but there is another way.

"Tell us!" Shouted one other junior Senator."

"I shall." Dakler responded, "Education. Education is the key to our survival and fortune. Together we shall turn Taanab into the major educational planet in the Galaxy. We will offer the finest free education to all citizens of the Galaxy, Imperial and Alliance alike."

At this the Senate turned into an uproar.

"And how does the junior Senator propose we do this, we're farmers! We have no teachers!

"It's simple enough, fellow Senators. A woman, a Lady Rikke Frygt, came to me recently, seeking a place for her academy. She asks only for a small piece of land outside the city and a grant to help get her started. The university will undoubtedly repay the Senate twice and more in the tax revenue it generates. Not to mention the boost to the local economy. Education is free for all in the Galaxy, so we no longer have to send our children away to Coruscant or Corellia to get a first rate education at an exorbitant price tag."

"I propose that voting be held on the matter within the month as that will allow the Senators plenty of time to review my written proposal and ask questions or clarify points.