PDA

View Full Version : Something lost, something gained.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 4th, 2014, 09:07:31 AM
Following the events on Bespin (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?22506-Revenge-truly-is-a-dish-best-served-cold-%28Bespin%29), Zasz had returned into hiding. At least, that's what imperial records would show; he'd vanished without a trace. The Jedi had found himself consumed by his actions. So much death, so much pain! How had he allowed such a plan to come to fruition? Why had he allowed that sort've rage to consume him? Had the death of so many of his friends and brethren truly caused him to go down that dark path? In his hiding he had plenty of time for self reflection, communing with the Force. He had felt absolutely defeated. Not due to him not completing his mission; no, that hadn't been the issue at all. The hangup was in the method's used, how he had conducted himself. He was better than that! He knew better, had been taught..better.

Part of his soul felt like it had been ripped away, and he'd been unable to heal it ever since, hence the seclusion and meditation. That seemed to not be working anymore, and was the reason why he sought out the order. His former order had found a way to rebuild itself, and apparently flourish. This was a gladdening sight to behold, and just being at the Enclave seemed to lift the Jedi Master's spirits. Zasz's attire was simple, much like many of the others wore, undoubtedly; brown robes over his tan tunic- lightsaber tucked away and at his hip, if ever needed, though he seriously doubted that would be the case here. Inwardly he wondered if his resurfacing had caused any blip on the Imperial database, but he knew his tracks were covered well, his travel arrangements made very much in secret.

Of course, there was also the fact that he had managed to slip into the Academy unknown, shrouding his movements with his knowledge of the Force. But now that charade had been dropped as he moved about the gardens, heading to an area that he presumed was trafficked. The time for seclusion and hiding was no more. He had come back to his brother's and sisters. He had come home.

Now was a time for healing. For building new relationships. For a new beginning.

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 5th, 2014, 02:36:48 PM
A man in simple homespun-looking peasant clothing paused in the midst of digging a hole at the garden's outskirts. His dark hair was unruly, tamed only by being tied back into a crude ponytail. His beard, nearly long enough to tie as well, gave him the appearance of a wild man. His tan garments were stained on the chest and back with sweat, and his hands were caked with dirt. Tossing aside his shovel, the laborer raised a hand in greeting to the approaching prodigal Jedi.

"Hello there."

Zasz Grimm
Oct 6th, 2014, 01:36:45 AM
"Hello there, friend!" He'd reply with exuberance to the man.

The laborer had his attention quickly and he managed a smile at the man as he approached further. He'd come to stand in front of him, it would appear that Zasz's gaze went around the gardens, and finally back to the man in front of him..

"If you're the one responsible for the upkeep on the gardens, I commend you. You're doing quite the job."

He eyed the man carefully. Obviously he wasn't a stranger to hard labor; and from the appearances of where they were, good at it as well. Or he just took painstaking care of it.

"Perhaps you can help me? I'm looking for...friends, you see."

The statement could be considered broad, though he was seeking out members of the Order. But, who couldn't use a friend?

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 8th, 2014, 07:50:38 PM
Anbira shook his head with a dirt-smeared smile.

"Just lending a hand, really. We all carry the load when we can."

At the stranger's request for help, Anbira carefully wiped away the dirt on his hands on the sides of his pants, stepping toward Zasz. That question was one more than a few visitors tended to ask. Whether it was a petition to join the ranks or simply an earnest cry for help, that didn't matter. The heart of the matter was friendship.

"Friends in particular?"

The outsider looked like he'd seen a fair share of interesting days. Occasionally, travelers turned up who had ties back to the old order, although this man didn't appear to have that much mileage on him. Still, looks could be deceiving.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 9th, 2014, 02:14:41 AM
Didn't know how to answer that; and perhaps the garden 'attendant' could see that perplexed look on his face. Zasz was coming face to face with a matter that often haunted him; and no doubt it haunted other survivors. Trusting someone else. He'd been so used to being on his own these past years that the concept seemed so foreign. You had to start somewhere, though.

"If any of them survived, yes. If not, then that's why we make new ones."

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 12th, 2014, 07:36:58 PM
Again cryptic, but not without cause. If Anbira's instincts on this encounter spoke true, he had a good mind to the type of friends this man was looking for. He nodded in the dual understanding Zasz's statement required.

"I think I can help you, then. Or at least point you in the direction of someone who can."

Before that, however, there was the matter of making new friends.

"My name is Anbira Hicchoru."

He extended a work-calloused hand to the stranger.

"Jedi Knight."

Zasz Grimm
Oct 16th, 2014, 10:50:55 PM
Lofted a smile that seemed more genuine than anything he had done thus far. He stepped to Anbira and readily took his hand in friendship; while the other's hand was calloused and obviously used to manual labor, he would find Zasz's smooth and not used to such work. But the grip is what might've changed his mind. Obviously there was hidden strength in this newcomer that had come to Ossus, Anbira would see.

"Zasz Grimm. A pleasure to meet you. Especially a Knight! The order has flourished so much since the purge..."

He carefully released Anbira's hand.

"It seems like ages since I've been able to say who and what I am. I was a Master of the order, but, with my seclusion I doubt you could call me such anymore. Perhaps..Just Jedi is more apt."

If he was a master, as he claimed, then indeed looks were very, very deceiving. There could be a plethora of reasons why he appeared so young. Species, how close he was with the force..

"And I'd be much appreciative of being pointed in the right direction."

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 22nd, 2014, 10:37:37 AM
Practicing the Jedi arts in seclusion was a sentiment Anbira could well understand, and he nodded in affirmation.

"Jedi is enough. There's burden enough that comes with that title alone. With hope, we can all equally shoulder that burden here, and serve others as we should."

Setting off for search of a Master, Anbira beckoned Zasz onwards.

"Come. I will help you find that path."

The pair walked through the bustling streets of sanctuary one, at last arriving at one of the buildings that had been set up to train padawans. Entering, Anbira spotted the familiar ginger locks of the Jedi he was searching for.

"Master Laran?"

Serena Laran
Oct 22nd, 2014, 11:41:55 AM
Serena looked up from where she was observing a telekinesis class, and saw Anbira and someone she wasn't familiar with. She nodded, and moved away from the wall, joining the pair outside. "Anbira, I trust all is well?"

Zasz Grimm
Oct 22nd, 2014, 12:25:03 PM
Found this entire 'new' order so fascinating. Of course, it wasn't new as a whole; just to him. He was more than happy to not give an audible response to Anbira as he walked with the man, his eyes darting around carefully, taking in what sights to behold that there was. He canted his head to the side and eyed Anbira. There was something about the man. He's strong. He's seen things, like I have. These were of course innermost thoughts. There was a group of individuals that was apparently being instructed by a woman. More Jedi...

I should've come back sooner.

At the question that the female asked his companion, he somewhat narrowed his eyes. He didn't recognize this woman, but there was something about her that Zasz couldn't quite put his finger on.

"Oh, very well. As well as they've been in decades."

He interjected before Anbira could reply. He couldn't help himself- he had finally come home. His gaze went to Anbira, back into the training room with the Padawans, and finally to Serena Laran.

Anbira Hicchoru
Oct 29th, 2014, 12:46:24 PM
The words were out before Anbira could speak them, and he paused, a smile on his face as he looked from Zasz to Serena again.

"Master Laran, this is Zasz Grimm. He says he was a master of the order before..."

Well, there wasn't any need to explain what before meant. At any rate, finding such people now, so long after the purge happened, spoke for itself in terms of gravity.