PDA

View Full Version : Sittin' Pretty

Kora Tau
Sep 2nd, 2014, 12:30:51 PM
"You know, I'd bet ten credits that you've got nothing better to do."

There was no answer. Nothing from the AI squawk-box or even the digital readout. It was answer enough, and made a rather unhappy frown cross the features of Kora Tau.

"You're doing this to get back at me, aren't you."

Still no answer.

Mako was giving her the silent treatment,. She hated the silent treatment; it reminded her of her mother. The fingers of one hand danced across the front control dash in an effort to cajole the ship's AI into responding while the other lifted a glass of Corellian ale to her lips. A sip, and the Arkanian swallowed. She made a face, baring her teeth at the control layout before her.

"You know, no one likes a belligerent computer."

As before, not a single response.

"C'mon now! We've been dead in space for three days!"

Nothing.

She sighed, and sat back in her seat.

"Well fine then. Two can play at this game, you dumb rack of computer chips."

And so the Baudo-class star yacht continued to drift through space, lazily hung in the starfield like a lost marionette.

Kora Tau
Sep 18th, 2014, 12:23:17 PM
"You know, I never meant any of those horrible things I said to you, right?"

Still, not a peep from the AI.

It was enough to drive a person insane, and Kora gave a grunt, reaching out to strike the nearest control panel with the flat of her palm.

"Don't be a stubborn dewback!"

There was another moment of silence, and with an almost defeated sigh, she took another level from her drink.

"I only have so much beer in the cooler units, you know," she grumbled, "Maybe- " a quick mental calculation, "-five more days."

Five minutes passed, and Kora tried a different tactic.

"I love you, Mako."

Dave Skywalker
Sep 20th, 2014, 01:05:55 AM
Blip.

Blip.

Blip.

Blip was good. Dave could manage blip. It was one of the more polite, least offensive noises that Henrietta made. Way better than blorrt, woo-woo, or the dreaded kaaaw. Although blip could easily become kaaaw under the wrong circumstances, so, I mean, don't take blip for granted, man.

Wiping a scant dusting of cracker crumbs off the front of his shirt, Dave Skywalker sat up in his captain's seat, setting aside his tube of crackers and can of aerosol cheese. He followed blip to it's corresponding screen, a sensor readout that showed, sure enough, the signature of a nearby ship. Didn't appear to be in a hurry to get anywhere, which considering the general nowhereness of the present surroundings, seemed pretty gonzo. There was probably a perfectly good reason to drift along in dead space, but a courteous spacer was always mindful to share the stars, and to look out for other folks out in the abyss. Giving a cough to clear his voice, Dave tapped his comm switch to broadcast on local band.

"Uh, hey man. Everything copacetic over there?"

Kora Tau
Sep 21st, 2014, 12:10:12 AM
She had left the bridge, intent on a mission to inspire her disgruntled ship to begin talking to her once more. As such, the chime of an incoming transmission, followed by "Uh, hey man. Everything copecetic over there?" went unanswered.

With her cup in hand, the Arkanian grumpily made her way through her ship, muttering words that weren't so much curses as unintelligible words strung along into a laughably incoherent series of sentences.

Midway through her third sentence, Kora stopped as a wallpanel beeped at her.

'Message for you.'

Finally!

"Nice to see you do still know how to talk," came the grumbled answer as she reached a free hand up to tap at the panel.

"Maybe you should make a habit of it. Sharpish-like, you know?"

A slim finger pushed the playback button, and the sound of a man's voice sounded out. His tone seemed... lazy? She couldn't place it, but it at least didn't put her on edge. Making a face, she depressed another button to initiate a callback.

"Just sitting pretty and enjoying the view."

Dave Skywalker
Sep 21st, 2014, 11:49:32 AM
"Uh...yeah."

Dave, prompted by the woman's appreciation for the view, took a look around. They were in the booniest of deep space locales. While he'd occasionally had a bout of altered state stargazing - who hadn't? - it probably wasn't the safest boondock for that sort of thing. Even if that one patch of stars aft starboard most definitely looked like a naked lady sunbathing on the back of a giant turtle.

To top it off, the star yacht wasn't exactly stable. More like adrift. Slight variations in yaw and pitch told the tell-tale that she wasn't exactly stopped on her own power and was more or less continuing whatever inertia she had once she'd stalled.

Still, it wasn't exactly his problem. He wasn't gonna pry, and if someone wanted to drift like a sitting duck out here, he wasn't going to spend too long risking his own neck to convince them otherwise.

"Well alright man. Just figured I'd check and see if you needed anything. Don't get killed or anything out here man."

Kora Tau
Sep 21st, 2014, 11:59:21 AM
She gave the panel a funny look before shifting her body's weight to one leg.

"No of course I'm not 'copacetic'."

She took yet another sip, wobbling just a small bit on her feet before letting a grumbled "And I'm not a 'man'," out from between downturned lips.

"I'm drifting and my ship is being a stubborn dewback and won't talk to me. I've got supplies for five more days of this, but after that I'll be hitting 'Game Over' rather quick-like. So if you're not a pirate or a slaver or any other number of less-than-reputable individual types, I would positively love some assistance."

Dave Skywalker
Sep 21st, 2014, 12:35:32 PM
"Alright, sorry man-er-whatever. Uh, hang on lemme see what I can do."

Not the most ideal ship in any circumstance, Dave's CorelliSpace Gymsnor-II was a straight ticket fair-to-middling light freighter, and he wasn't exactly Han Solo. Still, he'd spent a few years in space and hadn't exploded so that had to account for something. Wiping away a few pieces of trash off a usually-unused section of his work console, Dave scrutinized the tractor control. In lieu of slaving nav computers together for a sync-up (since hers seemed to be on the fritz), he'd have to arrest her ship's yaw and align it for docking on his end.

"Alright, uh, I'm gonna like, stop your spinning around so we can dock."

Took only a second to lock the tractor beam targeting, and as an afterthought a moment before he hit engage, he muttered.

"Oh yeah you might want to hold onto something."

Kora Tau
Sep 21st, 2014, 01:11:08 PM
The warning came too late, and with a startled yelp, Kora tumbled forward as Mako lurched. Her upper torso twisted as she fell, cup still in hand and very much half-full. Her whole frame seemed to spin in the air for an eternity, white eyes wide as she kept the locked upon the rim of her drink, angrily will what was inside to stay inside.

And then she hit. Rump first, it was not the most graceful of landings, but it was a landing regardless. Better yet, her ale remained unspilled.

A moment passed, and she let out a long breath. "Not fun," came her grumped estimation, and feeling as the other ship's tractor beam moved the Mako about, Kora grunted as she slowly made her way back up to her feet. A pulled face as she sipped her drink.

"Thanks for the warning, friend."

He didn't sound too bad... a little spaced no doubt, but not bad.

Dave Skywalker
Sep 21st, 2014, 02:01:55 PM
He couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic or not. Kinda sounded that way, but he'd let it slide.

"Alright, um, hang on again. Let me, uh, oh here it is."

Working the attitude controller on the tractor beam, Dave pulsed the beam to change the shearing differential across the hull of the yacht, rather than pulling it anywhere, working to align it in a controlled way. A few seconds of pulsing and the yacht's docking port became visible in his viewscreen.

"Got it. Okay, uh, I'm gonna approach slow and align."

Moving to another console, Dave toggled his propulsion to maneuvering thrust only, and began feathering the joystick. On most ships this would be done automatically, but his auto sequence computer was busted. He'd fix that at some point. Besides, this was kinda like coloring inside the lines. Just make sure you stay inside the lines, is all.

Henrietta responded accordingly, a few quick portside bursts of thrust moved the freighter horizontally. The occasional pitch adjustment was made until Dave was confident he was on an aligned vector. A few meters before link, he fired starboard thrust to arrest his inertia, and the ship lurched a bit. A little too heavy handed. Price you pay for going manual.

"Sorry. Sorry for the bumps, man. Okay, um..."

He checked the readout on the seal. All green, solid landing.

"Yeah. You can blow that hatch. Be down in a sec."

Kora Tau
Sep 21st, 2014, 02:14:47 PM
Certainly in no hurry, Kora made sure to unlatch the holster cover latched over the blaster at her hip. Her glass was still in hand though, as she had no intentions of setting it down. If she did, there was a good chance that it'd get knocked over. She ambled her way through the Mako, in no hurry at all to get to the hatch. The end of her short journey did come about however, and Kora stopped at the heavy doorway, giving a quick look through the small transparisteel window before reaching over to pull down the release lever. With a whoosh the hatch slid open.

With one hand on the blaster's rubber grip and the other holding up her cup so that she could finish off its' contents, the Arkanian edged forward to peer through the now open doorway.

Dave Skywalker
Sep 21st, 2014, 02:49:39 PM
Dave paused before heading below deck, checking to see what condition his condition was in. Clothes were clean-ish. A brief smell test left a little to be desired, so he ducked into the refresher for a quick splashing of Bloodstripes Aftershave. A few quick puffs on the last of a mostly-spent Ithorian roller helped to level his nerves, and he scooted down the ladder to the deck below, where an ale-swigging lady was already poking about here and there.

"Oh, hey, uh..."

Padding across the decking in his bare feet, Dave rummaged around a box near the door and retrieved a pair of sandals, which he slid onto his feet. When he stood, he took a look at the woman, and the gun at her hip.

"Whoa, hey man! No trouble!"

Kora Tau
Sep 21st, 2014, 06:29:35 PM
The sudden exclamation made her freeze, wide white eyes locked on the man as both hands went up in front of her.

"Heyo mate... ain't looking for trouble."

And as an afterthought, "I'm chill if you are."

Dave Skywalker
Sep 21st, 2014, 06:55:22 PM
"Yeah, chill man! Totally! Cooler than cool! Ice cold!"

Still, wasn't every day that someone stepped on his ride with a big iron on her hip. The sudden excitement caused Dave to cough a bit of the after effects of his Ithorian green, and he took a moment to take a half step back, lest the gunslinger think that a bit of a weed hack was fightin' words.

"Name's Dave, but most folks just call me Sky. Big Sky, Sky Guy, His Royal Skyness if you're not into the whole, you know, brevity thing."

Kora Tau
Sep 21st, 2014, 07:15:36 PM
For a short moment she was speechless, taking him in and the litany of names that he presented her with. It was... not what she had expected.

Hands going down, Kora made a strange face before venturing to speak.

"Ok... Sky."

She sipped again from her drink, though mostly it was to give her time to think of something else to say. There was always the obvious, she supposed, and in a show of good faith, she reclipped the holster's cover closed.

"I'm Kora. Most people call me... Kora."

Dave Skywalker
Sep 21st, 2014, 07:27:08 PM
"Kora. Alright then. Welcome to mi casa. Uh..."

Dave seemed to lose himself in thought, and then brightened up on recollection.

"Oh yeah, computer probs. Right. Okay. Got it. Hey, you want a be-"

His eyes traced down to Kora's other notable piece of equipment, her mug of ale.

"Ah...already covered, I see. Let me just, you know, get in my element and we'll have you purrin' like a kitten. I mean your ship. Not that you don't...if that's your persuasion."

Sidling over to the far wall of the cargo hold, Dave retrieved a glass from a cabinet that looked like it had seen plenty of use, then approached what appeared to be a large refrigerator with four protrusions on the front of it. Pulling a handle down, he filled his glass from a tap.

"So yeah. Your computer. What happened to it?"

Kora Tau
Sep 21st, 2014, 08:18:53 PM
Following at a distance, Kora watched with keen curiosity at Sky's movements, and the glass that he filled with... oh by the gods above!

The sight of the taps was like some sort of vision of heaven, except for the fact that Sky's mention of Mako was enough to sour the mood, and her features instantly fell into a sour look.

"Nothing is wrong with it, it's just... "

A cough, and she took another swig.

"... I threatened to sell it to Jawas."

Dave Skywalker
Sep 21st, 2014, 08:21:46 PM
Dave made a pained face as he killed the tap, waiting for the beer's head to billow up and settle down a bit.

"You can't go threatening an artificial intelligence, man. They're sensitive souls. Well, if they had 'em."

He quaffed a few gulps of beer, leaving a thick line of foam clinging to his mustache.

"Well, I guess we start from the top then. Did you try turning it off and on again?"

Kora Tau
Sep 21st, 2014, 08:45:25 PM
"He's too smart for that," came the grumbled answer, as Kora let her body lean against a bulkhead.

She gave a shrug, and finished off the dregs of her ale.

"He'll come around in a few day's time, I hope. He usually does."

Her white eyes seemed to stare past him, to the altar of taps.

Dave Skywalker
Sep 21st, 2014, 08:51:54 PM
Dave shrugged. It was worth a try. First rule in tech support, after all. As he was about to suggest a second option, he noticed Kora's eyes gravitating toward his taps.

"Oh, sorry man, I figured with you bringin' your own you were all set. Help yourself to a bit of my old house label, sure."

He gestured towards the taps casually, again quaffing a hefty pull of beer.

"Don't have the fastest hyperdrive in the world, so it helps to pass the time going from A to B, if you know what I mean."

Kora Tau
Sep 21st, 2014, 09:00:29 PM
Something he said - house label - made her pause, and she cocked an eyebrow.

"You make your own?

"I'm impressed."

Normally she was one for the regular staples; Corellia Pale, Coruscant Light, Selonia's Best, and if she was feeling froggy, a bit of Tatooine Stripe. Nothing fancy, and certainly nothing that she had the patience to make her own self. She stepped forward, toward the taps. As she passed by him, the Arkanian caught a whiff of aftershave which made her send a sideways glance his way. Her pace slowed as she came to a stop, and leaned over only a small bit, gave his shoulder a rather obvious sniff.

A smirk, and she turned her gaze upward.

"Classy."

Dave Skywalker
Sep 21st, 2014, 09:06:23 PM
"Yeah man. Gives me something to do, and something to sell for a little scratch whenever I splash port. Earn a living creatively I guess. It's pretty good though. Won't make you blind, if that's what you're worried about."

At getting outright sniffed, Dave had little recourse but to flash a goofy grin from behind his bushy goatee.

"Can't mess with a classic. Plus it's like buy one get one free."

Kora Tau
Sep 21st, 2014, 09:13:12 PM
"It's not bad."

It was fast becoming apparent that this man was no threat, and Kora found herself easily warming up to the notion of sharing a drink with him. Wasn't the worst thing she'd done in her life, that was for sure.

"And if it's buy one get one free, all the better."

Moving on at that point, she sidled up to the taps and with little ceremony refilled her glass.

"Gotta respect a frugal man with viable hobbies and all."

A grin, and she lifted the glass up for her first sip.

Dave Skywalker
Sep 21st, 2014, 09:27:06 PM
"Well yeah man, it's like a simpler life or something. Like live off the land, man. I mean, we're in space, but you get where I'm goin and all. Ask not want not. Like be a Jedi Knight, man, but without all the violent constructs and authoritarianism."

Dave turned up his beer, and in quick order finished it. Wiping a little brew from his chin whiskers, he burped audibly, tossed his glass into a nearby shop sink, and ceremonially wiped his hands.

"But that's gettin' borderline heavy. Lemme have a look at your computer I guess."

Kora Tau
Sep 21st, 2014, 10:50:54 PM
"Jedi are crazy nuts," came her idle musing, before addressing his last words.

She shrugged, then moved past him once more. The aftershave wasn't glaring, but it was obvious regardless, and made her crack a smile as she passed by.

"Follow me then. I'll introduce the two of you."

And with that she led the way back through the hatchway into her own ship. A few paces in to the Baudo yacht, and the Arkanian suddenly stopped, turning to look at her guest.

"You're not allergic to anything, are you... ?"

Dave Skywalker
Sep 21st, 2014, 10:59:26 PM
"Not unless you're hauling pollen in this thing."

The thing about a yacht was that...it was a yacht. Digs were slightly swankier than back on Henrietta. I mean it wasn't a luxury boat or anything, but has anybody ever heard of a yacht without creature comfort? Dave gave a low whistle at the furnishings.

"Alright. That's a bit of alright, man. I really get the, you know, general flow and the energy goin on here."

It had wood grain and everything. Maybe second hand, but still, wood grain!

Kora Tau
Sep 22nd, 2014, 10:11:58 AM
"No pollen that I know of," came her answer before she moved on to his estimation of Mako's interior.

"I keep him clean, and theoretically he's supposed to keep me going from one place to another."

Leading the way further inside, Kora gave a shrug. There wasn't any real clutter, as she did her best to maintain the general openness of the ship's layout. Heading for the main galley, she gave the wall panels a few knocks.

"But, as you can see, there's been a bit of a breakdown in communication."

Dave Skywalker
Sep 22nd, 2014, 08:46:04 PM
Dave scratched his head idly. That was the real rub about AI's, wasn't it? Sure, you can get some impressive efficiency out of them compared to a standard computer system, so long as you don't hurt their feelings or threaten them or cause them to inadvertently develop a god complex by accidentally deleting their ethical constraint subroutines.

"Well, I guess the first place to go from here is your buddy's CPU and make sure all the leads look good. Maybe he's just not getting input suddenly?"

In another life, Dave had done his fair share of computer work. But like most everything else in his renaissance man reality, it paid next to nothing. Still, having another set of eyes on the problem probably couldn't hurt.

Kora Tau
Sep 24th, 2014, 09:34:26 AM
"Oh, he's getting input."

An angry slap to the bulkhead.

"He's just being a stubborn dewback and not talking."

At that Kora looked up into the empty air above.

"You here me, Mako? Stubborn! If I was smart, I'd wipe your memory banks clean and start over from scratch!"

A toothless threat, but even despite that it didn't fail to elicit a response. As if from nowhere, a spherical droid appeared. It hovered on repulsors, eye level first with the newcomer, then it angled its' single ocular port downwards to Kora. Two covers shifted to cover up most of the glowing blue 'eye' that now looked accusingly down at the Arkanian.

And then it spoke.

'Now that's just uncalled for. What would your dear mother say about such language?'

Kora didn't answer; she didn't need to.

The spherical droid let out a mechanical sigh. 'I know, I know... '

He turned back to Dave.

'And which one are you then, eh? Not many *ahem* gentlemen come 'round here. Not willingly, at any rate.'

"Hey!"

Dave Skywalker
Sep 25th, 2014, 11:18:38 PM
Well that was easy.

Dave shrugged at the sudden appearance of the AI's interface avatar. The design seemed to borrow a few Arakyd elements, but with a cooler and less intimidating aesthetic. The space bum watched it track on an eliptical orbit around the pair, its repulsors operating without so much as a sigh.

"Name's Sky, man."

Most people wouldn't bother putting on pleasantries with droids, but Dave figured that machines were looking for protocol in everything, even if that was just social protocol. Plus, you know, the golden rule and all.

"You guys were adrift and all, figured I'd make sure everything's cool."

Suspicious, Dave now side-eyed Kora.

"It's cool now, right?"

Kora Tau
Sep 25th, 2014, 11:54:46 PM
Kora only shrugged; a disinterested and helpless motion that was punctuated by both another drink, and an exasperated wave to the little droid.

"I have no idea. He's manic on the best of days, and an old maid on the not-so-great days."

She let out a sigh, blowing up an errant bang as she looked up to Mako.

"You good now, Nuna Cutlet?"

'I am functioning, yes.'

It was the best answer she'd get from him now, and Kora gave a broad smile and a wink to Sky.

"Aye, he's good."

Another sip from her cup, and she gave an appreciative nod to her guest while at the same time moving past him to head back the way they'd come.

"You know, this isn't half bad for spacer brew. You got a name for it?"

Dave Skywalker
Sep 28th, 2014, 10:36:07 AM
"That one's, uh, Red Giant Ale. I think."

Dave reached over to 'borrow' Kora's mug, glancing at the contents within and giving a sniff.

"Yeah, that's the one. Imperial Red, big sticky meal in a glass, man. You barter? I got a pony of it left over I won't miss."

Kora Tau
Sep 28th, 2014, 11:36:42 AM
Bartering, eh?

Kora gave the notion a thought.

"I've got a few things here and there that might be worth something."

Well, she hoped, anyway. In all truthfullness there wasn't much she could offer aside from her own pitiful beer stash, a few odds and ends that she'd picked up from random traders, and other random bits. She gave a shrug.

"I've got a pretty swanky Chandrilan rug if you like that kinda fancy stuff."

Dave Skywalker
Sep 28th, 2014, 12:27:04 PM
A rug didn't offer much in practical use, but Dave had to admit that there were certain intangibles that were valuable beyond making a ship faster or more survivable. Creature comforts were good for the soul. He contemplatively ran a hand through his bushy goatee.

"Sounds nice, man. Figure that's worth a tipple. Lemme take a gander."

Kora Tau
Sep 28th, 2014, 07:14:08 PM
Kora sipped at her drink, nodded, and gestured for Sky to follow as she led the way aft. A short trek brought them into a small cabin that'd been converted into a lounge area, and she moved to sit in one of the stools at the bar while letting her free hand out to indicate the intricately woven rug on the already soft carpeting. It was bordered in a deep red, and the middle was a sea of patterns entwining together in vibrant colors of blue, yellow, and accents of a dark green. The edges were fringed with delicate golden-colored tassels, and when one stepped on it, it cushioned the feet in just the right way. It truly was a wonderful rug.

"Guy I got it from said it was some sort of limited run; only a few hundred were made."

Dave Skywalker
Sep 28th, 2014, 08:36:22 PM
"Oh wow, man. That's just...yeah."

Dave wasn't exactly an appraiser. He couldn't tell a 500 credit rug from a ten credit one. Well, unless the tenner was really shitty. This looked like something he could really, you know, find himself on. Pacing into the middle of the rug, he slowly sat down cross-legged on top of it, his hands reaching down to knead at the fabric on each side of him.

"Yeah, man. I can dig this. Kinda feels like I could, you know, find my energy points here and kind of have a moment of self discovery."

Dave lay back, spreading his arms and legs on the rug like he was making a snow angel while he stared at the ceiling through half-lidded eyes. His shirt rolled up slightly in the act, exposing his belly button as he continued to make wide sweeping motions. He began to hum in monotone as he did so, wiggling his toes in his sandals.

Kora Tau
Sep 30th, 2014, 10:37:49 AM
His reaction wasn't quite what she'd expected, and Kora gave a momentary odd look in his direction before distracting herself with another sip from her cup. At least it was obvious that he liked the rug.

"So yeah. If it meets with your approval, I guess it'd be a good trade, eh?"

Dave Skywalker
Sep 30th, 2014, 11:10:36 PM
The space bum rolled himself back up to his feet, adjusting his unkempt hair as he righted himself standing once more.

"Sure, that's a fair shake."

Wandering to the rug's periphery, Dave began cinching the edge in his hands and walking it back over itself, rolling the length of the woven centerpiece up into a man-portable bundle. Given the square footage, it would still be a two person job to haul across the airlock. Lifting on a three count, Dave squared the load, and began carefully walking it back to his ship with Kora behind him.

"So hey man, where you, uh, been about lately?"

Kora Tau
Oct 5th, 2014, 01:41:25 PM
Following along behind, Kora gave an unseen shrug and another sip.

"Oh, here and there. Wherever the credits take me I suppose. Or at least, wherever I feel like going."

It wasn't much of an answer, but she had a notion that Sky would understand.

"It's just one of those things. You go wherever and do what you need to do to keep the journey going. I ain't particular, so long as I can stay one step ahead."

A smirk.

"Which, all things considered, isn't that hard."

Dave Skywalker
Oct 5th, 2014, 04:17:49 PM
"Yeah, man. Yeah."

Dave gave a sagely nod, understanding the je ne sais quoi of the spacer condition.

"Everyone's in a rush, man. You know, the grind. Point A to point B, man. What's the point? I mean, isn't our destination all the same, man? I'm not in any hurry to get there."

The rug was a pretty procedural affair in getting it aboard. The tricky question was where to put it. Dave paused, rug still in tow, considering his options.

"Alright, man. I, uh, yeah. Probably need to, you know, ruminate on this a bit. Kinda let the energy of this place speak for itself, man."

Scratching at his beard some more, he looked up the ladder. The top deck was probably the ideal place for a rug. No sense letting it get dirty in the cargo hold. Of course, figuring out how to get the damn thing up there would be all sorts of fun.

Kora Tau
Oct 9th, 2014, 12:17:14 AM
"Oh take your time. I wouldn't dream of rushing you."

This Sky fellow was certainly interesting, and Kora found herself unable to not like him. He was just so casual and laid back that she almost wondered when the other boot would drop. Was there a pet rancor somewhere? Or a hidden gang of slavers lying in wait? Or hells, a starving mynock that he fed strangers to? It was just almost too good to be true, in her mind.

"Just glad you like the rug."

Of course, if he was on the level and not banthashitting her, she was also glad to be receiving a measure of his alcohol.

Dave Skywalker
Oct 9th, 2014, 12:29:19 AM
"Oh yeah, man. Most def. It really speaks to me."

Now if it could only levitate itself up the ladder.

"Just glad you like my brew, man."

Rummaging about the cargo hold, Dave started tossing through boxes and crates for a few minutes. At last he returned with a long length of paracord, that he began to cinch around the rug. Tethering the loose end of the line up the highest rung he could reach, Dave shimmied his way up the ladder, and then lay on his stomach on the next deck above so that only his head was visible.

"Alright man, I think we got this. Just grab that end there and give it a good pull. I should be able to meet you half way."

Kora Tau
Oct 13th, 2014, 11:00:30 AM
Looking about for a moment, Kora moved to the side, setting her cup down on the deck before returning and grabbing at the length of paracord. Wrapping it around her hands to make sure her grip was solid, she held tight.

"Aight then," her arms tensed as she braced.

"One... two... "

And on the unspoken three she pulled. The rug moved up, and moving hand over hand up the cord, the Arkanian slowly hefted the rug up higher, towards Sky.

Dave Skywalker
Oct 13th, 2014, 11:35:19 AM
Dave caught the edge of the roll as it inched into arm's reach. Grunting he tried improving his grip with a few quick tugs upwards, bracing his hands further down the length of the rug as Kora took up the slack. It was still pretty poorly leveraged, but eventually he brought the top of the roll to the edge of the ladder portal, which made it easier to hold steady so that Kora could slip the rope off.

"Alright man, just meet me halfway and give a little push. We almost got this."

Man, what a hassle. If he ever had to trade this ship in for another used model, it was gonna be a bitch to move all his shit.

Kora Tau
Feb 15th, 2015, 02:12:47 AM
Mako, as always, made his presence known at always the wrong moments. The spherical droid had ventured forth from his normal stomping grounds to appear on Henrietta with no ceremony whatsoever. It was strange, if she'd thought to consider the notion, that the small construct would leave the warm confines of his familiar larger half stomping grounds, as it were.

There's a spacial displacement to our starboard.

For her part, Kora let the rug slip in her grasp only slightly, but it was enough to cause disturbance and a sudden scrambling for stability.

"What?!"

She was more annoyed at his interruption than the actual information he'd come to convey.

A disturbance.

The spherical droid 'blinked' his single ocular port.

A ship.

"What??"

The actual message was finally registering.

It's a big ship too.

Dammit.

Kora turned her white eyes up to Dave.

"Hey," she started somewhat haltingly, "... so Mako says there's a ship out there... "

Dave Skywalker
Feb 16th, 2015, 09:43:50 PM
"I know, man! I know! I just heard the blorrt!"

Dave flailed behind him to switch off the inbound realspace contact indicator, which was suddenly harshing his moment. Climbing up from his hands and knees, Dave peered over his cockpit's instrument console to get a peek out the ol' lookin glass.

"Huh."

It was a large ship, maybe a kilometer or ten, who the hell knew. He had a thing for figuring that out...somewhere. Right now he settled for staring at the behemoth, with it's orange and gunmetal hull.

"Yep. That's big alright."

Stoic-faced, Dave reached forward to his console, retrieved a half-broken snack cracker that lay on the controls, and put it in his mouth, chewing ponderously.

Kora Tau
Feb 17th, 2015, 12:33:29 AM
There was a split second after he'd let go of his end of the rug that found her mind racing. Should she stay her ground, or should she cut and dodge?

There really wasn't any decision to make, and the Arkanian ducked, pivoting away on a heel as the rug tumbled down in a less than glorious fashion. It seemed to hold itself upright for a fraction of a moment before ponderously tipping over and thudding to the deck.

Cracking one eye open, Kora peered down to the rug, then back up the ladder-way.

I would recommend that you not try to lift that rug by yourself.

She made a face at that.

"Brilliant strategy; thanks Tarkin."

Without giving the droid a chance to respond, she let out a sigh and started up the ladder. She crested the top run, her eyes falling on Dave who was thoughtfully munching on a cracker and staring out the viewport. Following his gaze, she slowly pulled herself all the way up as the sight before them only grew larger.

"Bloody hells," was all she could think of to say.

Mdharra Ceergorra
Feb 18th, 2015, 02:14:19 PM
The Pride Navy's doctrine on maritime humanitarian aid was devilishly simple.

All ships of the trade fleet were obliged, where mission objectives permitted it, to render reasonable aid to friendly or neutral vessels in distress. If, in the process of rendering such aid, any transgressions against Cizeri naval authority were to be discovered, well... the navy's obligations were perfectly clear there, as well. And if the stricken vessel were to refuse aid, or attempted to dictate the manner in which it would be received, or indeed denied being in distress at all, one simply must wonder what it was they had to hide.

Henrietta and Mako squatted a short distance away from the prowling battle-galleon Saantaurra, who was still shedding luminous wisps of hyperspace potential from his wings and weapons nacelles. The tiny interlopers should have been as insignificant as a mating pair of bitz bugs before an oncoming reek, not worth a fractional divergence off the Perlemian Trade Route. Indeed, when long-range scanners turned up a Baudo-class star yacht listing well off the hyperspace lane, Captain Mdharra Ceergorra considered simply notifying the nearest Alliance border cutter to swing by and pick up the wealthy young thrillseeker who had no doubt foolishly run out of fuel halfway between Roche and Velmor. But then it had been joined by a Corellian freighter - a favorite of pirates and smugglers alike - piloting a vector that suggested either subterfuge or an unhealthy application of mind-altering substances. Whether they were witnessing a boarding action or a transfer of contraband, Mdharra had decided there was ample reason to change course and rrrrender ajid.

The diminutive huntress captain sat like an obelisk at the center of the command dais with her human first lieutenant at her right hand, the holographic dome over their heads brilliant with the local stars and nebulae so that one might have imagined they were on the open deck of an ancient sailing vessel beneath a cloudless night sky. The unidentified ships, some ten thousand klicks distant and far too small to see with the naked eye, were framed by a magnified tactical window and surrounded by a HUD charting their trajectory and energy emissions. So far Saantaurra had received no challenge from either vessel.

"Opjinjionsss, K'ohta'rrou?"

Jorrun Cyer
Feb 18th, 2015, 04:39:39 PM
Jorrun wet his lips slightly, and glanced down to the neat parcel of summarized data on his terminal from the commscan.

"Doesn't feel like pirates."

The readouts of the Corellian freighter were rather unimpressive, although a good outer rim fringer could certainly hide their capabilities with sleeper modifications. Still, either they posed no threat, or the Corellian skipper felt it was in his best interests not to bolt outright. Commander Cyer raised an eyebrow.

"Doesn't mean it's a good samaritan either. We're well off the beaten path, and not exactly sight-seeing territory out here."

The Alliance officer keyed through as much data as they were able to glean off Henrietta's transponder.

"These registries are very sketchy. We could detain them just for that, if we're looking for a reason."

Which they were. The realities of Galactic Cold War had turned fleet priorities into interdicting space traffic rather than open combat operations. Keeping enemies from infiltrating across a porous galactic border. Keeping contraband out of circulation. Low impact assignments, but no shortage of them.

Kora Tau
Feb 19th, 2015, 12:35:07 AM
A little bit awestruck, Kora stared at the massive beast of a ship that hung in space before them like a hunter crouched, ready to strike. It made her just a little bit nervous, and she licked her lips. Mako floated up to hover over her shoulder, and his single 'eye blinked once. Then twice.

And without a sound the little droid zipped back downward, making a hasty retreat back into his larger self.

Despite being a touch perplexed, the Arkanian knew a sign when she saw one.

"That's a Cizerack boat," she got out, her brow knitting as she cast a look back down the ladder well. The thought of following after Mako was tempting, and she edged sideways, one booted foot sliding to rest on the top rung.

"Buncha Nosy Nexu's."

Dave Skywalker
Feb 20th, 2015, 12:14:27 AM
"A what-enack?"

Dusting cracker crumbs from his beard and down the front of his shirt, Dave glanced back to the other spacer. Despite being a man of the stars, he'd never really paid much mind to political power structures and authoritarian constructs. People were good people, except when they weren't.

"It's not like they own the space we're in, man. Nobody own's space. It's, I dunno, God's space or Goddess or noncorporeal deity collective or whatever your greater spiritual persuasion."

He gave a shrug, and moved to his comms terminal.

"Don't hurt nothin' to say hello."

Mdharra Ceergorra
Feb 20th, 2015, 02:29:58 AM
Running would have been a perilous proposition for either ship, well within the range of the long ion batteries even at this distance, and a wing of Taithaa-fei interceptors sitting in the launch tubes with engines hot. But to have failed to react at all to a ship-of-the-line bearing down on an intercept course - Mdharra agreed with her executive officer. Not pirates, unless they intended to hide themselves in smuggling compartments or some such foolishness.

"jInstjinct jis rrreason enough," she observed. "The rrrest jis wjindow drrrressjing. Open communjicatjionss."

"Channel open, rrou'a."

To speak from the command dais of a Korri battle galleon was to speak with the authority of the Sun Throne itself. Even Cizerack benevolence had teeth.

"Thjis jis Huntrrrress Captajin Mdharra Ceergorra of the Battle Galleon Saantaurra to cjivjiljian crrraft. Our ssssensorrss jindjicate that jyou are dereljict. We are jinbound to offer ourrr assjissstance. Please jidentjifjy jyourselves and ssstate jyour busjinesss."

Dave Skywalker
Feb 24th, 2015, 12:17:34 PM
The voice on the line came in big and loud, like you'd imagine God would sound if you believed in that sort of spiritual persuasion. Dave turned to look to Korra, a lopsided grin on his face.

"See, man? Like, they're friendly. Offering assistance and, you know, share and share alike."

Not seeing how this could be a bad thing, Dave turned to the comm and opened a reply channel. It wasn't properly tuned so a half second of intense reverb kicked in before he sussed things out.

"Oh, shit, hang on...testing testing one two."

He tapped on the mic, and the reverb seemed to diminish.

"Hey man, er, Huntress Captain mhmmmrr..."

Dave's voice tapered into an inaudible mumble as he surrendered even trying to pronounce what he'd heard.

"I'm Sky, and this is..."

The space bum elbowed Korra and gestured to the mic with a Come On look on his face.

Kora Tau
Feb 24th, 2015, 12:35:09 PM
This was a bad idea. Such a bad idea. Giving Dave a mortified look, Kora made a face as he nudged her.

"Uh," there really was no way around it now.

"Name's Kora."

Well if that wasn't a half-hearted showing, she didn't know what was.

Still though, that was a Cizerack ship they were now presented with, and things never usually went well when the Cizerack showed up.

"We're fine here, everything's fine," She desperately wanted to follow Mako and go back to her own ship.

"... how're you?

Jorrun Cyer
Feb 28th, 2015, 11:34:06 AM
A half second of feedback pierced the open comm line, causing K'ohta'rrou Cyer to wince, and half the bridge staff around him to do worse. For once, he was happy to have his dulled human hearing. What followed was unlike any open channel situation he'd ever experienced, and he stole a glance to his superior officer during the exchange.

The line was open, and as his companions were wont to say, the sajoi was squarely in Captain Ceergorra's bowl. Still, he had to project what must be happening on the two adjoined ships for this to be the response they were given. That made a pretty plausible case for distress. With his job at the moment to effectively keep his mouth shut, Jorrun forced his attention back to his monitor, continuing to pore over the telemetry they were streaming from the two vessels. No radiation leaks. No signs of combat. Aside from a few off readings that could be chalked up to wear and tear, nothing much amiss. Damned peculiar.

Mdharra Ceergorra
Mar 2nd, 2015, 06:13:26 PM
The howling interference, brief as it was, struck the Cizeri auditory cortex like a jolt from a live wire. Mdharra found her ears almost involuntarily twisting shut, and aimed a warning glance at the chief comms officer, who had taken the worst of the assault through her wireless earpiece. The poor lieutenant was still rubbing her offended ear as she keyed in a filter adjustment to ensure they wouldn't be hearing a repeat performance.

"jYou have devjiated dangerrrousljy frrom essstabljished hjyperlanesss," Mdharra continued. "How manjy bejings arrre aboarrrd jyou shjipsss?"

Another nod to her sensory officer, who sent her telemetry straight to Mdharra's right-hand console. The captain swiveled it so Jorrun could see the report. Two humanoids of average adult biomass. Which didn't rule out any number of droids, or the dead.

Dave Skywalker
Mar 2nd, 2015, 09:27:35 PM
"I know, man. That's what I told her, and she was like having a spat with her computer. You know how computers can be, man."

Dave rustled a hand through a crinkled sleeve of crackers, finding only shards and crumbs in the bottom of it. Shrugging, he crumpled it up and tossed it aside.

"But yeah, like we reached an understanding. Like, you know it's not all about inputs and algorithms and all, you have to really relate, man."

The question the alien woman asked was a head-scratcher. One might tempt the obvious, but the universe was a more interesting place than that.

"How many beings? I dunno man, that's kinda like your point of view. I mean, there's me and Korra, you know, right? And Mako. Oh yeah, that's the computer. But you know, like isn't it, you know, hubris to be that assumptive? Like, I mean there's all these bacteria and stuff and midichlorians and like what if it doesn't even stop there, man? I'm just gonna, you know, keep an open mind on that one and, and, and, yeah."

Kora Tau
Mar 5th, 2015, 01:00:13 AM
As his rambling went on and on and on, Kora slowly felt herself sink into a small bit of mire. She scowled, looking at the discarded plastic cracker wrapper that Dave had tossed to the side.

"It's just us," she finally cut in.

"Just me an' Dave."

Nothing bad, nothing illegall. Just a trade of a fancy rug and some homebrew.

She gave a forced pat to Dave's shoulder.

"Bout time for us to head out anyway, I think."

Jorrun Cyer
Mar 5th, 2015, 02:52:51 PM
One arm crossed, one arm propped on the side of his face, finger tapping his temple repetitively, Jorrun made it a point to keep his eyes glued to the readout next to him, rather than risk seeing the tempest to his left. Of course there were no real galactic standards to receiving a hail and conducting yourself in regards to encountering another ship, but one expected others to at least try to adhere to some standard of any sort, really. The kind of rambling, pseudo-metaphysical answer they were getting seemed straight out of a bad Otoh Gunga bodega. Either these two idiots had no idea who they were dealing with, or they did and were trying to play one hell of a wild card.

Either way, K'ohta'rrou Cyer had a pretty strong feeling that, no, these two weren't about to head out anywhere soon.

Mdharra Ceergorra
Mar 30th, 2015, 01:38:25 PM
Mdharra curled her lip in disgust. Glit-biters, the both of them, no doubt, though that would be enough to book them for possession and for operating a starship under the influence of controlled substances. This was work for police cutters, not a Pride navy ship of the line, but they were here, and their duty was clear. There was ample room in the hold for impounded tramp freighters and their inebriated crew.

"Lock trractor beams on both vessels," she growled. "Brrrrjing them jinto carrrrgo bay two. Brrrjidge to fljight deck, launch Taithaa patrol Agiir to ensssurre thejirr compljiance."

Per standard patrol procedures, a flight of eight Taithaa interceptors were already sitting in the launch bay, fueled and armed with pilots in their cockpits. An entire squadron of Keerta fighter-grapplers could follow at a minute's notice with a full complement of marines, but with the coupled freighters already in range of Saantaurra's batteries, she doubted they'd put up any kind of struggle. Not unless they were even higher than they appeared. A flick of a switch put her back on the broadcomm.

"Bjy the authorrrjitjy of the Marrrjitjime Code of Alljied Worrrlds, we arrrre brrrrjingjing jyou aboarrrd to rrrrender rreasonable ajid. Do not engage jyour engjiness. Do not rrrresjissst our trrractor beams. Do not decouple jyourr vesssels. Saantaurra out."

The bridge rippled with activity as the crew carried out Mdharra's last few commands. Just one more command to give.

"K'ohta'rrou, would jyou be so kjind as to jintervjiew ourrr guessts after they have been prrrrocesssed. jI darrresajy they wjill not be expectjing a hyuman jin a Cizeri unjiforrm. And take jyour adjutant wjith you. The experrrjience wjill do her good."

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 1st, 2015, 12:57:00 PM
It wasn't a request, and K'ohta'rrou Cyer dipped his head slightly in deference.

"By your command, rrou'a."

Jorrun thought about what his Captain believed their detainees expectations were, exactly. Judging by what he'd heard, he might get the same response if he wore a clown suit. Still, he'd been dismissed to carry out her orders, and Jorrun did not delay, heading for the bridge's turboshaft that would lead him down to the hangar bay. On the way down, he tapped at his comm.

"Su'taun'rrou Jitaurree, I need you in the hangar bay."

Dave Skywalker
Apr 1st, 2015, 11:14:27 PM
He was about to reply with a heartfelt Hey thanks man when the line dropped. Seemingly pleased with how things went with the exchange, Dave's smile oozed self-satisfaction as he glanced to a decidedly less-satisfied Kora.

"Seems pretty reasonable to me, man."

He again turned to the viewer.

"I like them. They're helpful!"

Kora Tau
Apr 1st, 2015, 11:42:43 PM
She stared at him, slack-jawed and in more than a healthy amount of disbelief.

Was he high??!!

"I... " her stupefied expression remained, even as the telltale jostling of a tractor beam fix rattled the cockpit around them.

"I got nothing."

Miri Jitaurree
Apr 4th, 2015, 02:06:50 PM
"Excusse me - hold the ljift!"

Midshipwoman Miri Jitaurree darted in edgewise as the doors slid shut and by Saanja's grace managed not to drop any of the four datapads she was juggling in her arms. The doors juddered open again, and the lift's safety warning howled, assaulting the ears of everyone inside and drawing a chorus of grunts and curses.

"Sorrrjy," the Meera'in said with a droop of her own white-tufted ears. She took a quick inventory - two Jaanni'saari marines in crimson duty jackets, four engine techs in mustard-yellow coveralls, and a grizzled gunnery chief. To her undying surprise, she was actually the ranking officer of the bunch. The lift doors ground shut once more, and all seven pairs of eyes bored into her.

"Wherrre to, rrou'a?" asked the gunnery chief, and Miri's ears rose again.

"Oh! Hangarrr deck!" she blurted out. The lift chimed, computed its various passengers' requests into a sorting algorithm of convenience and relative rank, and began to plummet toward the belly of the ship. The computer knew that Miri had been summoned by the K'ohta'rrou, so her request was probably delaying all of them.

The young midshipwoman stumbled out into the bustle of traffic occupying the hangar deck - Taithaa pilots rotating on patrol duty, flight crews running supplies and maintenance from one craft to the next, and of course the odd column of marines using the Saantaurra's largest open chamber as a jogging field, chanting in time with their sergeant to keep cadence. In such a dizzying environment, even a human didn't entirely stand out, but she could see the Number 6 space doors standing open, limned by the blue glow of the atmosphere shield, and the attendant landing pad dominated by two coupled freighters, like a mismatched mating pair of insects. The freighters still hovered in a halo of tractor potential to keep them suspended in relative zero-gee; otherwise their collective weight would tear apart their docking cowls and cripple both ships under the strain of artificial gravity.

Miri crossed as briskly as she dared and soon found Commander Jorrun Cyer waiting with a squad of marines and a scanning crew, a standard retinue for boarding ships seized in the wild. "Rrou'a!" she announced, and she stood to attention - only to lose one of her datapads. Her tail jumped as the pad clattered to the flight deck.

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 4th, 2015, 02:59:40 PM
"Su'taun'rrou Jitaurree, you made record time."

She moved to retrieve her spilled datapad, but a slight gesture from Commander Cyer waved her off as he tended to the matter, pulling the dropped data assistant from the decking. She looked as if she was preparing for a dissertation rather than an active entry, and curiosity bade Jorrun to intrude a little as he thumbed through the contents of the falling pad.

"Pursuant to article 87 section 41 subsection d regarding Alliance Naval disposition of capture and spoils."

K'ohta'rrou Cyer rapped a few fingers against the composite frame of the pad as the corners of his mouth turned up slightly.

"You're pushing some heavy homework from the look of it, Midshipwoman."

He carefully placed the pad back on the stack she cradled, turning to look at the pair of mated freighters held aloft on the deck. The marines adjacent to the door looked ready to go.

"If this were an Alliance ship, we might very well go that way. For now, I think I'm the one in need of an education."

Miri Jitaurree
Apr 4th, 2015, 03:15:59 PM
"jI just wanted to be sure jI had covered all the bases, rrou'a," she replied gamely. "Prjide Navjy regulatjions arrre jin thjis one herrre... and relevant CIS case law datjing from the Clone Warrrrs on, rrrjight herrre. jIt's verrrjy well jindexed. jI can fjind anjythjing jyou need jin a tajilshake."

Her eyes darted to the strange vessels. They were a ramshackle pair, the sort she imagined pirates and smugglers all over the galaxy might favor. How wonderful!

"Do we have anjy jidea who they arrrre?"

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 4th, 2015, 04:14:04 PM
The deck chief was already barking orders down the bay for a scissor lift to be maneuvered into position. Judging from the size of the lift, the K'ohta'rrou winced. Four humanoids was about all they'd be able to push in at a go. That meant him and three Jaanni'saari. No. Him, two Jaanni'saari, and Su'taun'rrou Jitaurree. If things got tetchy, it could leave them vulnerable.

Miri was still talking about her sorting schemes. He needed her to be on point.

"No we don't, Miri, and that's the problem."

He wasn't sure about how uncertain boarding actions were handled by the Pride, but he knew from Alliance experience the first thing you did when venturing into the unknown was to arm yourself. The Commander's hand went down to the low-slung holster resting mid-thigh and produced a pistol.

"I'd rather you not run a search query on rules of engagement if we have to duck a blaster bolt."

She was so eager to cross her t's and dot her i's, Jorrun wondered if she realized she might be walking into a hot encounter. Wondering further, had she ever experienced one.

Miri Jitaurree
Apr 4th, 2015, 04:36:50 PM
Miri's ears pricked at the sight of the pistol in Jorrun's hand, and she quickly readjusted her frame of mind. "Of courrrse, rrou'a."

The Meera'in midshipwoman reached for her own belt only to find it completely empty - to her chagrin, it hadn't entered her head to arm herself for a boarding action. No time to run to a weapons locker now. She turned on one heel to face one of the dour marines at their backs and said simply, "jI requjirrre jyourrr sjidearm, marrrrjine."

"Rrou'a," the marine replied, and he shifted his silver blaster carbine to one arm so he could pull his pistol from his thigh holster and present it to her. The standard Jaani'saari sidearm was a fair bit heavier than the short-barrelled navy pistol she was used to, and the grip and blocky trigger guard dwarfed her delicate hands. But after a moment to drag her academy field drills out of her long-term memories, Miri inspected the power pack, toggled both active safeties, and clipped the weapon to her belt.

Then she boarded the lift next to the commander and a pair of marines and swallowed a thrill as the platform began to rise toward Henrietta's free docking cowl.

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 4th, 2015, 05:03:05 PM
The slow pneumatic rise of the lift gave Jorrun a lot of time to spend in his head. These situations never got any easier. At least space combat left one with their senses. Up close in cramped quarters with sharp turns and a knife or a gun behind every door? The Commander's breath quickened slightly as he shifted his stance.

At last, the lift came to a rest, leaving them with three inches of clearance shy of the docking cowl. Jorrun punched the comm box on the superstructure.

"This is..." he paused mid announcement "...Commander Cyer of the Galleon Santaaura. Clear your docking hatch and prepare to be boarded. If you do not comply we are prepared to force entry. This is your only warning."

Dave Skywalker
Apr 4th, 2015, 05:25:32 PM
"Whoa man, don't force her she's sensitive."

The comm crackled as Dave hoofed it down the ladder shaft and to the lower deck where he could properly address the issue. Remembering to cinch his bathrobe, he keyed the open button and stared down the barrel of four guns.

He paused for a moment wide-eyed.

Then he laughed, snorting at first, which turned into a mirthy hoot. "AAAAAAHHHH...HAHAHAHAHA HAAA HAAA HOOOO!!!"

Dave slowly stopped laughing as he realized that he was the only person in on a joke that was...

"hahaha...haha...ha....hmmm"

...not a joke.

Some residual fight or flight reflex kicked in through all the medicinals in his system, and Dave's eyes went a little wider.

Then he peed.

Kora Tau
Apr 4th, 2015, 06:31:58 PM
She had followed Dave, but at a very much slower pace. Not exactly at the point that she was wringing her hands, Kora found herself held above that particular level by her unexpected companion's behavior.

She heard him laugh,, wincing at the sound as her white eyes traveled beyond him. It wasn't a very surprising thing to her, their reception. It was the Cizerack, after all. What confounded her was the distinctly non-Cizerack among their ranks, and the Arkanian reached up to scratch at an itch just behind her ear.

What made it even more confusing was that the man seemed to be wearing officer's colors. The mystery deepened. Course, it didn't make the current situation any better.

It was out of her peripheral vision that she saw the small puddle forming at Dave's feet. A groan, her eyes screwed shut, and her hand moved to pinch at a sudden, sharp pain at the bridge of her nose.

Just. Great.

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 4th, 2015, 08:42:56 PM
The smell inside the freighter more or less confirmed Jorrun's initial appraisal of the situation. It smelled dank. And then at the cusp of the initial reaction came a tinkling wet sound that caused the Commander's eyes to follow before his higher brain functions could tell him he didn't want to see. Jorrun grimaced. The Jaanni'saari behind him actually took a step back, and they didn't shrink away from blaster fire.

The other identified humanoid showed up at that very moment, and Jorrun had a person in his sights that was neither incoherent nor fear urinating.

"Hands where I can see them!"

The Commander waited for Dave to...finish.

Miri Jitaurree
Apr 4th, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
Disbelief mounted, and ears sank, as Miri found herself an unwilling audience to... to whatever this was. The midshipwoman couldn't help her nose wrinkling and her lips curling in abject disgust at the shameful spectacle - and the smell - and the sheer, uproarious contempt of basic hygeine. Could she shoot him for that? She really was tempted. She could probably find a precedent. Chemical warfare or something.

Taking care not to lower her oversized pistol, nor to take her eyes off the man's furry face, she called down to the marines waiting below: "Someone get usss a bjiohazard kjit. Now!"

Dave Skywalker
Apr 4th, 2015, 10:15:00 PM
The broken stream diminished to a series of drips with Dave maintaining a delirious yet frozen laugh grimace on his face. Slowly, his hands raised.

"Hi?"

Other than moving his hands to be seen, Dave didn't move. Not even his facial expression.

Kora Tau
Apr 4th, 2015, 10:29:31 PM
Being that she was of a bit of a shorter stature than Dave, compounded by the fact that he was in front of her, Kora made sure that, in her rush to comply with the order of raised hands, she threw up her arms as high as she could. The pain at the bridge of her nose wasn't going away. It didn't help that the stench slowly making itself known thanks to Dave's weak bladder was steadily becoming a distraction.

But, there are some things that override even an unpleasant scent. Being faced with the business end of a line of blasters did wonders for that, and Kora blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"Someone give him a rag, please!"

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 4th, 2015, 11:00:14 PM
"In!"

Commander Cyer gestured with his pistol, giving the man a push to the chest to get him to clear a lane. The limitation of the scissor lift made negotiating the two crewers off the craft at this juncture impossible. They'd have to settle this by literally wading through troubled waters. Thankfully Cizerack boots were high riding and robust.

"Hands against the wall and feet apart."

The Jaanni'saari were next, apparently deciding that getting upstaged by a human was no ticket to valor. They quickly fanned through the ship, clearing and checking down each nook and cranny. Past them remained Miri, a look of abject horror on her face at what she'd have to cross through. Jorrun kept his pistol and attention on the boarded crew.

"Clear the deck one way or another, Miss Jitaurree. We need to make room."

Miri Jitaurree
Apr 4th, 2015, 11:25:51 PM
To her shame, Miri hesitated. But then salvation came in the form of a marine hurrying back from below with a briefcase-sized sanitation kit raided from a nearby emergency kiosk. She reached out over the rails of the scissor lift, and the marine tossed it up into her waiting hands. She wasted no time in cracking it open and pulling out a can of foaming disinfectant rated to sterilize pathogens, neutralize acids, and even absorb certain grades of radioactive isotopes. Miri popped the lid and sprayed liberally at the puddle, covering the floor in a cloud of seething white foam. It... well, it replaced the smell. And at least the antiseptic tang encouraged clean thoughts.

Only then did she consider that the foam was probably worse for her boots than a couple millimeters of urine might have been. She'd cut herself off from her K'ohta'rrou in his time of need, and the warning label on the can said that the disinfectant required five minutes' dwell time before it could be safely vacuumed off the affected surfaces. Hoisted by her own hygienic petard!

There was nothing else for it. Miri set the kit down on the lift floor and peered back down at the waiting Jaanni'saari below. "Next squad up," she said, "fjinjish cleanjing the... spjill, then jojin us inssjide." Then she took a flying leap over the bubbling white ooze and landed with only a short skid on the deckplates of the corridor beyond.

Dave Skywalker
Apr 4th, 2015, 11:33:43 PM
Maybe it was the sobering effect of four guns pointed at your dome. Maybe it was the gradient transition of a warm liquid suddenly becoming quite cool. Either way, in Dave's position he suddenly found an ounce of clarity in his present state.

"Oh man, I peed my pants."

Kora Tau
Apr 5th, 2015, 10:28:57 AM
Kora was quick to obey, her hands slapping against the bulkhead as fingers went the extra mile and splayed out, her feet quick to follow suit. She rolled her eyes, an unseen motion even in plain sight, at Dave's revelation. With an exasperated sigh the Arkanian looked away and up, and began to count the panels in the ceiling.

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 5th, 2015, 10:55:56 AM
Jorrun glanced back briefly to note Miri's fussy solution to the problem at hand. He didn't have time to address the finer points in high speed low drag operation.

"Search her."

The Commander dipped his head towards Kora as he worked on Dave in stages. Pistol held tight in his off hand close to his body, he ran a hand down one side of the man's body from his armpits down to his hip. He pulled back a side of the bathrobe to turn out one pocket in the man's shorts, then drew back his hands to pass the pistol to the other hand and repeat the process anew from the other side. By then, the next four Jaanni'saari were inbound on the lift. True to the Su'taun'rrou's orders, they'd delayed themselves with the mess at the threshold.

"Ka taai'rra sa vao!" He winced, realizing he'd butchered the syntax of his order. Hopefully Miri would help him save face.

Miri Jitaurree
Apr 5th, 2015, 11:48:25 AM
Miri had taken her own position behind Kora, but hadn't patted her down, as one of them needed to keep a weapon trained to discourage resistance. As the Jaanni'saari poured in past the freshly-suctioned airlock, she could see their faces turn down at Cyer's lexical invention. Already peeved at herself for acting like a wet-eared whelp, Miri made up for it with ferocity:

"Leekta! Vao taai'rrii sa kanna!"

Her tone of command effected an immediate change in attitude. "Ya ve, rrou'a."

Two marines squeezed past to search the Mako while the other two stood guard by the K'ohta'rrou. Meanwhile the first two marines returned from their sweep of Henrietta and stood at attention. Neither looked particularly impressed as the senior of the two delivered his report:

{{The vessel jis emptjy of ljife, [female] Commanderrr, but jit jis fjilthjy wjith drrrug parrapheneljia. Morrre than jis rrrreasonable forrr two forrda.}}

Dave Skywalker
Apr 5th, 2015, 11:51:51 AM
Dave was vaguely aware of hands running down the length of his body and turning out his pockets. He was suddenly aware of something else however. Something more alarming.

Mori Mako
Apr 5th, 2015, 12:02:26 PM
There were foreign bodies on board. Bodies that were most certainly not Kora. It was... disconcerting.

Whe Mori Mako had left the stifling confines of Henrietta, he had retreated back to his docking cradle. It was a welcome haven from the absolutely disorienting turn of chaos that made up the Gymsnor-2 freighter. Back in the comfort of his larger self, and very much away from the clutter of barely working processors.

He had been so comforted by the thought that his sensors had neglected to truly regard the larger problem of a Cizerack cruiser swallowing him up. Of course, until there were individuals traipsing through his corridors and immaculate interior. So many subroutine packets fired at once, and the small construct burst from his cradle with a start.

'Intruders!'

Manic, Mako darted up on firing repulsors.

'Kora! Intruders!'

Kora Tau
Apr 5th, 2015, 12:06:10 PM
She wasn't entirely sure exactly what was being said, but she was rather certain it wasn't good. Craning her neck, she looked at the Cizerack who'd taken up post behind her.

"Whatever it is," she nodded to Dave, "... I'm not involved with him."

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 5th, 2015, 12:31:28 PM
Possession with likely intent to distribute seemed to be the gist of it, if Jorrun's Cizeri hadn't failed him.

"Your ship is linked up with his."

He responded to Kora's faulty defense.

"You're involved enough."

The Jaanni'saari were beginning to reach saturation and it appeared the situation was nominally under control. Jorrun parted the close contact, holstering his weapon at last.

"Pra tuu'a jandaa'lai."

Fortunately this line wasn't lost in translation. Two marines procured stun cuffs and contorted the arms of each person into position to secure. A third paused before Miri and Jorrun, rattling off a string of specific incriminating articles.

"We've got the both of you holding enough narco to make your lives hell."

Miri Jitaurree
Apr 5th, 2015, 12:58:55 PM
As the marine's inventory grew, Miri's eyes widened. She'd attended a few questionable parties during academy leave back on Syragor - never partook, of course, because random drug tests were a thing and she wasn't rai'raa - but from the sounds of things, this drifter could have supplied her whole neighborhood. Good job they'd intercepted these lowlifes before they could make it to wherever they were planning on selling!

Raised voices from down the opposite airlock rousted Miri out of her self-righteous indignation. "Ne kaai'taa!" Miri snapped, and one of the marines joined her in rushing to the threshold of the Mako, leaving three marines with Jorrun to watch the prisoners.

She found the other two marines standing their ground with their carbines leveled at a floating... eyeball? The Meera'in stepped in behind them, and the four of them fanned out to cover the strange construct.

"Rrou'a," Miri shouted, "therrre's a drrrojid herrre. Spherrrjical, ajirrborrne."

Dave Skywalker
Apr 5th, 2015, 04:13:34 PM

Mori Mako
Apr 5th, 2015, 04:53:34 PM
'Ooohh no. Oh no oh no oh no.'

Darting up, Mako zipped from one side to the other as his glowing blue ocular unfocused and zipped back to clarity, zooming in on the strangers aboard.

'Cizerack?!'

A mechanical groan, and the little droid seemed to sag, the shutters of his 'eye' opening wider before narrowing, and in the next moment he was zooming his way past a pair of Cizerack soldiers before coming to a sudden halt in front of a short-haired wisp of a uniformed Cizerack female.

A 'blink' of his blue optical, and a small whir as he accessed his memory banks.

{'Kora. I'm looking for Kora.'}

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 5th, 2015, 05:11:43 PM
Three blaster rifles pointed in unison at Mako, making the notion of Jorrun drawing his own sidearm redundant. As of yet, there didn't seem to be any deployed weapons on the droid module, and the Commander raised a hand toward the marines in momentary restraint.

He glanced to Miri, and to the subdued woman planted on the wall adjacent. From the response on the comms earlier, Kora was likely her.

Miri Jitaurree
Apr 5th, 2015, 05:44:47 PM
"Kora?"

Miri didn't know Kora from the Pride-Mother, and her heart still pounded from the thing's unannounced beeline right for her face. She slowly lowered her blaster, which had been a hair-trigger away from ventilating the thing's swiveling blue ocular.

"Who's..."

By chance she looked over her shoulder to see Jorrun's pointed glance. Only two crewers for two ships - if the drug haven belonged to the urinating wunderkind, it stood to reason this floating eyeball belonged to the Arkanian woman.

Miri turned back to face the droid with a cool, steely demeanor. "Fjirsst. jIdentjify jyourself and jyour functjion."

Mori Mako
Apr 5th, 2015, 08:01:43 PM
'Oh! So sorry! You speak basic, how delightful.'

Mako 'blinked', his shutters closing and opening once more.

'So that there back there's Kora, yes? Yes. And I'm Mako. Mori Mako, if you feel the need to go the long route of names. I've never cared for such long form, but one must be official at times, don't you agree? I knew you would. Now. About this horrible mixup. Nothing bad, nothing bad.'

Even hovering in the air, the spherical droid gave a quick shake of his body.

'I do appreciate you all looking out for myself and Kora, but she and I are very capable of taking care of ourselves.'

The shutters narrowed to slits, a glowing blue line all that was now visible of his 'eye'.

'It's that one over there, you see. The one with the beard. I never understood those, do you? They seem like they'd get in the way. Anyways, yes. He's trouble. With a triple T and letters capitalized.'

Dave Skywalker
Apr 5th, 2015, 08:54:07 PM
"Oh man, I..."

Kora Tau
Apr 5th, 2015, 08:57:23 PM
"Would you shut the HELL up!!"

She would've strangled him DEAD if it wasn't for their present company.

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 5th, 2015, 09:30:55 PM
Jorrun stared at the remarkably-chatty droid. This wasn't even the inane programming of a protocol unit. It was too off the wall to be. It must have thousands of hours of runtime to develop issues like that.

Either way, the Commander wasn't in the mood for he said / she said / it said.

"Alright, Mako. We'll take that into account as we talk to all of you. Submit to a restraining bolt."

He looked to his adjuctant and back to the droid once more. He wasn't playing or bargaining here.

"You're all under arrest."

Miri Jitaurree
Apr 5th, 2015, 09:39:12 PM
Miri wasn't carrying a restraining bolt, the marines were. She reported the K'ohta'rrou's orders in Cizeri and then regarded the floating construct. There were two loops of durasteel off the front of Mako's chassis that resembled handles. In the interest of keeping everything running smoothly, she reached up and grasped one of them.

Mori Mako
Apr 5th, 2015, 09:57:20 PM
'Oooohh goodness!'

The sudden weight holding him mostly in place was a surprise, and as if on instinct the small repulsors jumped in reaction. Firing up to their highest level, Mako strained upward, managing to pick up the small Cizerack with him. Not by a large degree, but enough that the toes of her boots were barely touching the deck.

'Oh no, no no, I just think that's a bad idea, you know! I'm a good ship, I do what I'm told, no rebellion out of me, I promise! Come on then,yeah? It'll be fine, we'll all be fine, see? No need for a restraining bolt, friends! We're all friends here, aren't we, friends!'

Behind him, unseen, one of the marines reached up, a restraining bolt in his hand.

Kora Tau
Apr 5th, 2015, 09:57:26 PM
She'd looked back at the scene Mako was making, cringing as each word came out. But it was the sight of the restraining bolt being held up by the marine behind him that set panic into her white eyes.

Kora moved, doing her best to shove her way past the human man.

"No don-!"

The device attached itself to Mako's body with a hollow clunk. The blue eye seemed to roll up as his repulsors failed him, and in the distance, she could hear her ship shutting down.

Dave Skywalker
Apr 5th, 2015, 10:17:00 PM
With his face still smooshed against the wall, Dave vaguely heard the predicament they were in. Hmm.

"Hey. Before I'm arrested and stuff can I have a beer?"

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 5th, 2015, 10:24:28 PM
Jorrun watched Miri take the initiative and attempt to wrangle the droid into compliance. At the same time, Kora made a break for the droid as well. What she planned on doing with her hands cuffed behind her wasn't immediately clear, but Jorrun checked her into the wall with a forearm drive to her shoulder.

"You'd best stow it." he whispered in her ear. "or these marines will kill you."

Deadly serious in a moment, Cyer knew the Cizerack proclivity for handling criminal noncompliance.

The Commander looked back at how Miri was negotiating things. It was a struggle until the restraining bolt was applied, but after that the droid - and Miri came tumbling back to the deck. What a circus this had become.

The remaining marines standing at the ready were trying hard to keep their war faces on, ears flicking and lips pressed too tight for comfort.

"Alright, get them out of here."

He paused, correcting as he helped Miri to her feet.

"Faa'na rau."

The marines went to work, frog-marching Dave and Kora back to the waiting lift. K'ohta'rrou Cyer remained with his Su'taun'rrou and the bizarre droid module between them.

"Good thinking on your feet, Jitaurree."

Miri Jitaurree
Apr 6th, 2015, 07:31:53 AM
Thinking on her feet had gotten her taken off her feet, and Miri wasn't entirely sure she wanted to own up to the noise she'd made when the little floating orb had started taking her for a ride, but she warmed to the compliment. The droid still dangled from her arms, now gripped securely by both handles.

"Thank jyou, sjirr," she said, her pale cheeks still flushed from the burst of excitement. "Thjis thjing jis heavjierrr than jit looksss."

She looked up from the droid to the corridor that wound back into the darkened Mako. "But whjy djid... ohhhhhh." She turned her wide, awestruck eyes back to the commander. "jIt'sss ljinked to the shjip. jIt majy even be the shjip. An AjI module. Those arrrre jillegal jin the Clusssterr, hjighljy dangerrrrous."

Her white-capped tail began to sway with excitement.

Mori Mako
Apr 6th, 2015, 10:51:45 AM
His processors moved at an agonizingly slow pace, and Mako felt suddenly very small. Cut off from the the larger half of himself, the little droid found himself unable to even fire up his repulsors to keep him aloft. He was left in the grip of the Cizerack woman.

A mechanical groan sounded.

'Hng... slow runtime... '

The glowing blue of his eye flickered before stabilizing, albeit at a much lower intensity.

'Whatever you do, be a dear and don't drop me, alright?'

Dave Skywalker
Apr 7th, 2015, 09:05:51 PM
"Hey man, that's not cool."

Dave watched the short felinoid wrangled Mako as he was easily carted away.

"Come on, man. Cybernetic rights! Restraining bolts are fascist!"

The marine taking him for a ride torqued one of his wrists a bit far and the space bum winced.

"Easy man, I'm conscientiously objecting to brutality!"

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 7th, 2015, 09:12:31 PM
The Commander resisted the urge to facepalm as one of the marines carted Dave to the waiting lift. Another marine joined him and they prepared to take the prisoner down to process him.

"Take him to the brig and let him sleep whatever he's on out of his system."

Miri dutifully picked up the slack in passing the order along in Cizeri and with that the first debarking group descended. Jorrun nodded to his adjuctant as he gripped Kora by the upper arm.

"Let's get to work on this one. We can interrogate them separately and see if anything useable shakes out of it."

The lift returned, this time with the scanning crew and their equipment piled on the frame. They slowly began to pile into the ship, setting up their equipment.

Miri Jitaurree
Apr 9th, 2015, 09:27:08 PM
A ship the size of Saantaurra was, in many respects, a space-going city with all the requisite utilities and amenities to serve its population of over eighteen thousand souls. Among those was an enormous prison block whose primary processing complex was conveniently located just off the primary hangar deck - all the better for quickly admitting prisoners wrangled off impounded vessels, or captives collared in the wild by a boarding party and shuttled back in defeat to face the sharp claws of Cizeri justice. Dave took the long route through, including a medical workup to decipher the mixture of illegal substances he'd been marinating in, but Kora received expedited service. A deep scan to ensure she wasn't hiding any contraband in her body cavities, a blood stick to catalog her genetics and run it against all known criminal databases, and then she was shuffled into a small, featureless room with a table and several chairs. The marines accompanying her sat her down, stuncuffs and all, growled a stern warning to stay put, and exited the room without a backwards glance.

Miri and Jorrun stood outside the room, observing through a one-way holoimager as a HUD displayed relevant biometrics, including body temperature, breathing rate, and pulse rate. Though Miri was no expert on Arkanian norms, she guessed from the prisoner's body language that most of the metrics were still running high.

"So jI've been rrrreadjing up on hyuman jinterrrogatjion technjiquess," Miri said, once more armed with her bevy of datapads. "jIncludjing sssomethjing called 'good cop, bad cop'? Doesss that actualljy worrrk?"

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 9th, 2015, 11:52:24 PM
K'ohta'rrou Cyer broke his attention from the Arkanian to Miri's odd question. He'd interrogated his share of Imperial prisoners of war in the past, and perhaps even done some things he'd rather not in order to extract information. The way Miri put forth the query, however, he wondered whether she'd been reading up on techniques or watching holo procedurals.

"It can." he offered evenly with a slight nod. "If you believe they're uncertain exactly how the chips can fall, you can get a captive to give up information out of panic."

The more he talked it out to the Su'taun'rrou, the more he realized there might be a lot of merit involved. Jorrun's eyebrows bobbed up as he smiled.

"And I doubt these wayfarers have any idea the kind of trouble that could come their way."

Taking Jitaurree's example into consideration, he had a pretty good idea who she had in mind for bad cop. The slightly-built Meera'in might be able to intimidate a sajoi.

"Alright, Jitaurree, that's a game plan. You watch me, and you back my play."

Miri Jitaurree
Apr 20th, 2015, 08:02:51 PM
"jYes, sjirr." Miri fought to keep an eager grin off her face, only this was parsecs more exciting than compiling personnel reports for the K'ohta'rrou's review. She made sure to school her face - and ears - and tail - before following Commander Cyer into the interrogation room where the prisoner sat in agitated silence.

Kora Tau
Apr 21st, 2015, 12:47:01 PM
She stared at her hands, clasped together in agitation as her wrists were still bound in the stuncuffs that she'd been so graciously had slapped on. Her features ran the gamut of emotion, from worry so sadness, to anger, to even a giddy disbelief at the situation she now found herself in.

A litany of transgressions no matter how small paraded themselves before her, and Kora screwed her eyes shut as let her head fall, her bangs flipping forward to obscure the top half of her face. Why her? Why??

She sucked in a breath as the door opened, and daring a look, she cracked open one eye, head angling slightly up so that she could get a look at who was coming through. The sight of the human was enough to make her groan, and the fairer-skinned - and much shorter - Cizerack woman that followed him was given the tail (ha!) end of her vocal displeasure.

She leaned back; not out of some forced bravado, but more in an effort to place more distance between herself and her interrogators. The cuffs scraped along the tabletop before pulling fully back and her hands fell to her lap.

Finally, both eyes opened, her expression one that tipped the scales of apprehension.

She didn't say a word, instead only staring at the two who she now shared the small room with.

Jorrun Cyer
Apr 22nd, 2015, 11:35:20 PM
"Well I think this is pretty much open and shut."

With more than a little steel in his jaw, Jorrun tossed the datapad in his hand flippantly to the table in front of the Arkanian. The pad contained effectively nothing - a dry sensory readout of the stellar makeup of Saantaurra's present position in space. In Cizeri glyph, however, the lady in the chair would have no idea at all.

"Possession with intent to distribute of fourteen controlled substances. That alone usually nets a summary death mark for the Cizerack...Miss Tau. In fact, I'm trying really hard to think of a way you get out of this without knowing what color your insides are."

Leaning close, the Commander slapped open palms against the table in unison as he fixed eyes on the Arkanian's seemingly blank orbs.

"Unless you give up your supplier and your smuggling routes, you're wasting my time. I'll let the Jaanni'saari sort you out."

Kora Tau
May 19th, 2015, 11:53:38 AM
Oh gods alive...

Her eyes went as wide as saucer plates at the words that the man thundered out, and Kora felt her heartrate rise to a terrifying beat. Her mouth opened as if she wanted to speak, but nothing came out as her mind seemed to be stuck in an endless loop of 'no no no no no no no'.

Finally, her voice found purchase. Of course, what came out was more of a timid, flinching squeak than anything substantial.

"I'm just a normal girl, I don't do bad things, I try to be good all the time!" She lifted her bound hands up in a show of pleading, palms open in a gesture that begged him to understand.

"I don't even know that guy, I swear I swear!"

Jorrun Cyer
Jun 9th, 2019, 03:40:56 AM
"You have to do better than that!"

Jorrun slapped a sobering hand on the desk to hopefully inject clarity into Korra's head.

"You're far enough off the Perlemeian to not be out here by mistake. This is deep space, you understand? Out here, ships only drop into sublight if they've got a good reason not to be found. A good reason like making a contraband drop. You understand me?"

Jorrun leaned over the desk, getting to eye level with Korra.

"Right now, there are a dozen Trade Navy slicers working on both of your computer cores. If they get the details before I do, you're going to get sorted out, and not the way you want to be sorted."

Kora Tau
Jun 9th, 2019, 07:54:45 PM
"I know it's deep space!!!"

There was a deep desperation to her voice, and Kora lifted her bound hands up, pleading to him with open palms.

"I was having issues with my engines, and I was drifting!"

Her fingers clenched, unclenched, then clenched again as she brought her hands back, blank white eyes going to the side.

"I mean, I know it looks bad, but it's really not!"

There was an expression that crossed her features then, and she bit her lip.

"Look, when I was in grade school, I cheated on a test. And then after that I kissed a boy behind the bushes and lied and said I liked it, and I told him he was a good kisser even though I really didn't think he was. And then after that I just sort of drifted, and I never cheated on anything after that, but I did make a few copies of some test answer sheets for friends, but that's harmless, right? RIGHT?!"

There was no going back now.

"I mean, no one died, right? After all of that though, I guess I was kind of terrible because I told a guy I was into him when I really wasn't, and then I left him and got with his best friend and I mean, it didn't really matter because I was going off to University that summer anyway!"

Everything was spilling out, and she couldn't stop it. The terrible things that he was accusing her of were utterly silly, in that she knew they were. Was he just trying to get her to admit to something? Whatever it was, she was admitting to every single discretion in her past no matter the severity.

Everything... except for what he was hoping for.

"I even once told a boy that I liked vanilla flavored ice cream the most, even though I really like namana and candied hakkanut instead!"

She didn't care if it was what he wanted to hear. It was the pure truth, and she was giving him both barrels.

"Even after schooling I was a good girl! Never found a boy to get with, and just stuck with the droids... which, ah, nothing bad there, I swear! I just like to tinker and experiment!"

Which of course didn't sound good, either.

"But not like... that sort of experimenting! I just like to make droids easier to talk to!"

Jorrun Cyer
Jun 9th, 2019, 08:39:00 PM
Jorrun closed his eyes, resisting the urge to press them into the waiting palms of his hands. Just a few seconds to collect himself, and he was able to deal with this mess. He sighed, and opened his eyes.

"I'm going to go check with the slicer teams. I hope for your sake they're not finished working."

He quietly made his exit of the interrogation chamber, slamming the door shut loudly for effect. Once hidden from view, he gave a knowing glance to Su'taun'rrou Jiitaurree.

"She's all yours. Be gentle, she's delicate."