PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone :)

Vince
Jul 15th, 2014, 05:18:05 AM
Sliced my finger on a dog food bag and beaned myself in the head with a plastic pallet on my way out of work this morning and on the way home thought, "Oh shit. How long has it been since you've been on Fans (er, the Holonet)?"

Thus I am here. Most of y'all knew I was alive, I suppose, us bein' facebook frangs and all. Just busy busy busy! Getting ready to start university for my education degree, looking at auto loans through my bank and trying to convince my granny to let me into Navy Federal so's I can get their awesome rates, said granny getting ankle surgery which resulted in a twenty seven hour sleepless day sandwiched by night shifts (I was moved to the front end, which includes water on the shelves and water displays throughout the store - normally I'd just use a power jack to move those heavy water pallets around, but both power jacks decided to shit out on us this past week, meaning I've had to drag them out of the trailer and through the store with a manual jack - I'm also the smallest damn member of the night crew and they choose me to do this), setting up to move in with a buddy of mine round the end of the year, bugging my bosses to show me how to sign up for benefits (I qualified! Suck it, Obamacare! I ain't payin' two hundred smackers a month for a seven thousand dollar deductible any more!) and get into the management program so I can actually pay the bills I am setting myself up to have, but until then looking at a potential second job to help cover expenses. Got a free little computer desk so I don't have to ruin my neck and back bent over while the monitor's shoved into my bookcase. Driving my brother into and out of work (I hate highways, because they are hypothetically supposed to make a commute easier, but instead they display how other people just make my life harder by just existing, not to mention the stupid drivers).

So yeah, I don't think I'll be up for writing (though I have written some original stuff I plan on posting up in here soon!) anything on here for a while yet until something in my life gives, which may just be my sanity. But I did miss talking to y'all.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 15th, 2014, 02:28:05 PM
It sounds like you're pretty busy, but that's good. :) take care of yourself and we'll be here when you pop in from time to time.* :)

*actually may not be true

Mayael Rakkamar
Jul 15th, 2014, 03:16:18 PM
Power jacks have a notorious reputation for breaking all the time, and then no one can find room in the budget to pay for the repairs.

Take care and come back someday maybe.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 15th, 2014, 10:58:36 PM
Here's hoping your LoJo woes are solved with some amount of expediency! Great to see you again!!

Dragon
Jul 16th, 2014, 05:55:38 AM
Vince! I am so pleased you're not dead! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 16th, 2014, 11:22:38 AM
If you ever move to Portland Ty is almost always hiring. :)

Vince
Jul 21st, 2014, 11:40:50 AM
Through a good friend I have an in with a company that does work on military bases laying down wire and cables; though it doesn't look like it has benefits, it looks to be paying about 1000 to fifteen hundred a week (though I'll have to do the taxes myself it seems). And I'll be travelling a lot; the place they're working now is a base out in North Carolina, and the one after that is in Texas, and there's even talk of overseas work (Germany and such it's looking like). The company will pay for board (not food though, and I'm waiting on more information on the other details). This was just a quick conversation with my friend and his brother (the in), so I'll be talking to them more before I make any real solid decisions.

But if I do, and I am leaning toward saying yes, I might be within hollering distance of some of y'all at some point!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 21st, 2014, 11:53:52 AM
That sounds like a heck of a lot of fun! Not to mention the money is pretty damn good. The chance to travel is awesome, and out of the country, too ^_^ Heck, even if it was only in the States that's still a good deal. If you say yes, you know the house is always open for you, even if it's just as a resting point :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 21st, 2014, 01:29:43 PM
No benefits and they don't withhold taxes for you? Sounds like a huge headache if you ask me. And you do need to buy your own health insurance, it's the law. Do do your due diligence for what your expenses will be!

Charley
Jul 21st, 2014, 01:33:02 PM
Yeah what holly said. That's a huge amount of cost and hassle you'd have to eat. Four grand a month is really nice, but less nice if you're throwing half of that toward buying your own insurance plan

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 21st, 2014, 01:52:11 PM
Also figuring out your own taxes is sort of a nightmare if you don't do it right or spend some of what you set aside, and then you owe more at the end of the year. Not to scare you off, but it's important not to skimp on the details when the government wants your money. :p

Edit:move to portland

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 22nd, 2014, 03:22:46 PM
Pay somebody to figure the tax stuff out for you? Then you get the money and you're keeping an accountant in a job too? :P

Vince
Jul 24th, 2014, 05:06:11 PM
Pay somebody to figure the tax stuff out for you? Then you get the money and you're keeping an accountant in a job too? :P

Ha! Then I'd really feel upper middle class. Side note: having my brother bug me about a job when he hasn't applied for it yet is kind of annoying, though understandable. Side side note: Even with the amount I'm getting for gas, I'm still putting forty - fifty dollars into the car every four or five days. This is killing my savings schedule.