PDA

View Full Version : Wiki Idea: Random Ship Pool

Park Kraken
May 16th, 2014, 06:32:16 AM
This is just an idea or proposal at the moment, but I was thinking it would be neat if, when done with either a Fleet RP or RP involving ships that won't be used or plan to be used in future RPs, that the ship, her commander(s), and crew could be entered into a ship pool to potentially be used by someone else in a future RP, rather than having to come up with new ships all the time. It would be a specific category I would imagine, but I thought it would be neat if NPC ships and characters kept showing up in different locations for different events and battles, and if in the future someone wanted to take command of a 'Prestigious' ship that has some history with 'Fans, then it could be removed from the pool.

Thoughts?

Captain Untouchable
May 16th, 2014, 09:49:59 AM
Effectively, you're talking about having a shared list of NPCs, so that we can all make references to the same people?

Sounds like a cool idea to me. Not just good for fleeting, but also good for if Senators want to be ferried around by a "known" ship or reference a fighter squadron with a reputation during a speech, if smugglers want to be stopped by a customs patrol with a little backstory, etc.

Heck, we could even have a list of all the ships, and just mark which ones are/aren't available for NPC use. Being able to name-drop a ship from Admiral Reshmar's fleet or a squadron from the Challenger in the backstory of your character would add a cool sense of continuity: having it all in one place / one list would make for a much more user-friendly resource than expecting people to read (and remember) absolutely everything on the wiki.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 17th, 2014, 02:58:29 PM
Great idea! Can't wait to see the rosters get built up :D

I know I've thrown out a few names for NPC folks, and Charley has as well. If you need any help scouring for them, I'll gladly help out and do some searching :)