PDA

View Full Version : Styleset facelifts

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 12th, 2014, 11:34:03 AM
In an effort to give us a facelift, I've been working on a few preliminary designs for a new default style, but that is not the only one that I feel we could work on.

Charley and myself put together a new Rebel style, and it can be found in the dropdown box under the Cloud City wip name for the time being. There is a lot that needs to be touched up with it, but it's a healthy start.

Also, I put together a quick mockup of a possible Blues style background update:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/silancy/blues1.jpg (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/silancy/media/blues1.jpg.html)

I made a list of selected stylesets that could use a touch-up or a re-badge.

Black Sun
Imperial
Cloud City
Myth - to a Naboo-inspired theme
Nual - to a Tatooine-inspired theme

If you would like to help with one, post here which style you want to work on, and I will get in touch with you so that we can start throwing out design ideas. If more than one wants to work on the same style, that's perfectly fine.

Droo
May 12th, 2014, 02:20:42 PM
I'm not here to offer my non-existant artistic talents to the cause, but I just have to say that the new Blues background is gorgeous.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 12th, 2014, 07:56:28 PM
Thanks :) I actually had you specifically on my mind while putting it together since I know how much you like Blues :)

Razielle Alastor
May 13th, 2014, 11:40:14 AM
That is gorgeous.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 13th, 2014, 11:45:22 AM
Thank you :)

I did have a sudden thought; since we have a large Cizerack presence and they are a unique facet to our forums alone, would anyone be adverse to a Cizerack styleset?

Charley
May 13th, 2014, 11:55:04 AM
I'd love to see what you'd have in mind for that

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 13th, 2014, 12:39:15 PM
Well, something like the Ciz styleset I would leave up to you, Holly, and Kale completely. You three have a perfect bead on the aesthetic of the Ciz, so I'd leave all that up to you guys. It was just a random idea I'd had :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 14th, 2014, 01:36:39 PM
That blue set is seksy.

Mu Satach
Jun 4th, 2014, 12:32:22 PM
Oooooo... blue, me likey likey

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 24th, 2014, 05:00:25 PM
Touched up blues a little bit. I'll be doing more tweaking when i get home :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 25th, 2014, 01:11:40 AM
Added new post and old post icons for the main forums page on Blues, and am in the process of giving the Rebel Alliance set its' updating. I did add new post and old post icons to the rebel set as well.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 25th, 2014, 01:18:04 AM
They look reallygood.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 25th, 2014, 05:18:11 PM
Thanks :) I'm doing buttons piecemeal as i go, so stylesets like basic light and basic dark have new/old post icons done on the main forums page.

I also am going to start working on the default style tonight, and was thinking I'd put not just staf wars pictures on the banner, but star trek, mass effect, doctor who, bsg, stargate, and other pictures in there as weel. If anyone has suggestions let me know :)

Droo
Jul 26th, 2014, 02:59:16 PM
I love your work on the Blues styleset, however, would you have any objection to returning the background of the listed forums on the frontpage to black, instead of transparent? The starry background is too busy and distracts from the white text of the forum descriptions and the latest post notifications. Also, because of the transparency, the blue text is hard to make out, such as the forum titles, the thread titles, and account names.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 26th, 2014, 05:06:27 PM
I'll do it when I get home :)

Cerie Moreau
Jul 27th, 2014, 01:02:01 AM
Changed the forum listing to black, and did a few other touch-ups as well :) I added some splashes of yellow as a sort of throwback to the classic yellow and blue SW colorings.

Droo
Jul 28th, 2014, 06:22:34 AM
It looks brilliant! That yellow is spot on! :D

Cerie Moreau
Jul 28th, 2014, 12:47:30 PM

I've done a small bit of work in the Enclave set; using a background image of Zion Nat'l. If anyone can think of other changes or if there is a clash, or if you want tweaks PLEASE let me know.

Cerie Moreau
Jul 29th, 2014, 12:04:23 PM
Have done a few more tweaks to the Enclave set. Still working on it, but I'm trying to keep a very neutral/tan look to the Enclave. Good, or bad?

Serena Laran
Jul 29th, 2014, 01:43:05 PM
Looks good for far - the grey background for threads doesn't fit as well now though. :)

Cerie Moreau
Aug 1st, 2014, 12:09:22 AM
Thanks :) Fixed the thread listing, and also the post boxes. Slowly working on replacing icons, but I usually only have time to do a few at a time in the morning, and a few more at night. Gonna try to do a clean sweep of new buttons and icons on Saturday since that's the day off I have this coming weekend.

Serena Laran
Aug 1st, 2014, 10:27:16 AM
oOoh I like the buttons :)

Droo
Aug 3rd, 2014, 10:34:02 AM
I'm going to be really awkward here and ask if there's any chance you could make a version of the Blues background that fits to a 1920x1080 display. I understand if you feel it will be stretching it too far and will compromise the image quality, but I have to ask because the background is duplicated three times on the right, bottom, and bottom-right of my screen.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 3rd, 2014, 05:01:29 PM
Shouldn't be a problem at all :) the images I used to make it are all huge and high res, so it will be easy to put together a larger version :) I'll do it when I get home tonight.

Droo
Aug 3rd, 2014, 05:06:18 PM
Legend! Thank you! :)

Abarai Loki
Aug 4th, 2014, 10:05:31 AM
This thing is gorgeous, Christin! Best forum skin ever! :D

Cerie Moreau
Aug 4th, 2014, 10:09:19 AM
Thanks ^_^ I just redid the title image in the top left, but if others prefer the older one, I can change it back :)

Cerie Moreau
Aug 5th, 2014, 12:22:41 AM
Been updating the new/old post icons for the blues style; They are of Holly's design, I just touched them up a small bit.

edit - updated the new/old post icons for the rebel style. It's slow going but I like to think some progress is being made :) If there are any issues with the background for the rebel style, let me know.

Emelie Shadowstar
Aug 15th, 2014, 04:20:35 PM
Christin... fix the shit I told you to fix. >:[

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 15th, 2014, 04:25:50 PM
howay man christin

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 28th, 2014, 10:44:07 AM
I'll get right on that you cretins :p

But first, remind me of what I'm supposed to be fixing? I remember there was an issue with the rebel background not tiling properly, but were there a few others?

Emelie Shadowstar
Aug 30th, 2014, 02:00:58 PM
Crap, you expect me to remember stuff I said when drunk two weeks ago? :p

I can't quite remember what was the issue with the rebel stuff. I think it was doing some weirdness on my ipad? But looking at it today on my computer I'm not noticing anything that is glaringly obvious so I may have to get back to you on that one.

I think the other thing was with the Blues and asked if we can adjust the transparency on the areas that contain information like the individual post date and the number since right now they seem completely transparent and the background + text gets a little wonky. A slight opaqueness I think would help there. Maybe do the same a bit more to the headers of each forum section too? Not a TON, since seeing the background through them is pretty awesome, maybe just more like a 40% transparency or something (I have no idea what they are at now).

...this probably makes no sense. :lol

So here's a handy Visual Aid (http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/Nuime/Example_zps0bf2d168.jpg~original) (ignore my typos. I'm been drinking cider) to point out the areas I'm talking about because clearly I am fail right now.

...can't you just come over here and let me point at the screen at you? :shakefist

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 30th, 2014, 04:11:06 PM
Haha then we were in the same drunken boat!!

Transparencies here I come ^_^

Cerie Moreau
Sep 18th, 2014, 12:12:55 PM
Added transparencies to post headers and forum headers. They should be darker now; they look darker on my machine, but check yours just in case :)

Emelie Shadowstar
Sep 20th, 2014, 01:40:08 AM
Yessss...much better. <3 (CHRISTIN!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! :D) I'd be tempted to say to tweak it just a shade or two darker (just to see how it looks) but I also am very aware that my screen is obscenely bright compared to some.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 20th, 2014, 11:10:44 AM
Awesome :D

I'll need to work on more of the buttons, so I'm gonna try and get to those later this evening ^_^