PDA

View Full Version : What's Going on in Our Star Wars Universe...A Very Brief Summary of SW Roleplaying.

Kei'suke Zendu
May 1st, 2014, 06:40:23 PM
It is the year 10 ABY [after battle of Yavin], and the Rebellion got it's hot little hands on some Cizerack tech called the Saanja missile. They tweaked it and created what they called the starkiller missile, which can be used to kill a star.

We like simplicity in naming our end of the world devices.

The Empire ALSO got their hands on some of this tech due to spying or [REDACTEDPLOT] and a stalemate was born. The two sides sat down and hashed out a border (see Atlas sticky thread in RP OOC forum) and now there is a Cold War situation going on.

The Jedi moved from a mobile convoy of ships (the Wheel) protected by the Alliance to the planet Ossus where they are setting up their society with continued help from the Alliance.

__________________________________________________ ________________

If anyone would like to add to this - Darksiders? Imperial Knights? Bueller? - please do! Keep it brief and maybe a Mod or something can eventually condense it into a readable little intro thread for newbs and olds alike. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 2nd, 2014, 11:26:10 PM
Crosspost incoming. I wrote this out, sort of taking a cue from the old school scrawl:

It is a delicate time. With the Empire and the Alliance of Free Planets having entered into a Cold War, a barely stable treaty has been signed between the two galactic powers. Instead of open aggression between the two, we have entered into a galaxy rife with intrigue, secrecy, and clandestine endeavors. The Jedi, once hunted to near-extinction in the wake of the Purge, have congregated on the planet of Ossus to begin the first steps of bringing their Order back from the brink of nothing.

That's just a thought about what might be able to be used as a blurb on the portal/home page. I think a stickied thread with a larger two paragraph explanation would be good; something that simplifies and allows a lot more inviting room for folks to come and write without feeling overwhelmed.

Sudoku
May 3rd, 2014, 11:10:11 AM
Thanks. :)

This is my idea for it - a blurb giving a short outline of what's going on in the universe in general. I'll probably use what you wrote because it's dramatic and makes an impact. THEN, maybe a short paragraph about the state of each RP group (Jedi, Empire, Darksiders, etc). Like, what's going on, who's in charge, whatever that group thinks is most important. That way when someone actually read this finished thread, they have a general understanding of what's going on, who's who in our little world.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 3rd, 2014, 11:51:50 AM
As far as the blurb, would you perhaps want to do the three small sections to follow closer to the scrawls to give it a bit more of that Star Wars feel?

Sudoku
May 3rd, 2014, 12:17:03 PM
It could be, but I wouldn't be writing it, since I only know the tiniest bit of what's been going on.

I just think that a little background on the jedi - like about the wheel, the alliance, the ciz- and the other groups would help people decide what they'd like to rp, or what they'd like to read more of. I'm going to assume people joining to roleplay or write would have a tiny bit of knowledge about Star Wars, but not any idea of our interpretation of it.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 3rd, 2014, 06:38:15 PM
Well, we could have the blurb be on the portal perhaps, and the more (slightly expounded) in depth explanations as a single-post sticky thread. That's my thought, at least.

Perhaps break that single post into small one paragraph sections for each faction that say what each is about and what it strives towards?

Sudoku
May 3rd, 2014, 08:12:37 PM
Basically.

The big thing people have had an issue with is not knowing what's been going on - which is why I think we need like, one-two sentences of back story per group. Explain WHY there's a civil war, link to the map, etc. Then add in what they strive for/or future plans.

Lucian Dexter
May 4th, 2014, 03:33:03 PM
I have a tech question about the nature of these here starkillers. Do they annihilate the star resulting in a supernova explosion or do they create a black hole from the star?

Rev Solomon
May 4th, 2014, 06:45:51 PM
We had a big discussion about the starkillers back when we were setting up the whole cold war concept. Despite the name, the consensus was that they're actually anti-planetary ballistic missiles. Basically, hypermatter, when used as a weapon, converts part of its target to antimatter. The starkiller missile causes a matter/antimatter chain reaction that spreads across the whole surface of the planet, turning it into a radioactive ball of cinders.

Not surprisingly, more people than not have assumed that starkillers kill stars... which makes me think we should either change the nature of the weapon or change the name, which was imported from a speculative future thread we wrote years ago. For story purposes, it doesn't matter, since the point is that it's a horrible weapon that should never ever be used and that hangs over the galaxy as a specter of mutual annihilation. We certainly should settle the question so people know how to describe them when they come up, but that's not the purpose of this thread.

Until we decide otherwise, I think we have to consider them planetkillers with delusions of grandeur. ^_^;

Lucian Dexter
May 4th, 2014, 07:18:30 PM
Thanks. I think we should call it boomstick though :)

Lady Frygt
Dec 5th, 2014, 06:05:40 PM
Is this little RP Galaxy update happening? I need to catch up ith current events and can offer my fairly good mapping skills if you think a map would be helpful.