PDA

View Full Version : Reworking ideas for after...you know.

Anna Fernandez
Apr 24th, 2014, 10:21:50 AM
Hey brother, there’s an endless road to re-discover.Hey sister, know the water's sweet but blood is thicker.
Oh, if the sky comes falling down for you,
There’s nothing in this world I wouldn’t do.

Hey brother, do you still believe in one another?
Hey sister, do you still believe in love, I wonder?

What if I'm far from home?
Oh, brother I will hear you call.
What if I lose it all?
Oh, sister I will help you out!

Hey brother, there’s an endless road to re-discover.
Hey sister, do you still believe in love, I wonder?

What if I'm far from home?
Oh, brother I will hear you call.
What if I lose it all?
Oh, sister I will help you out!

this song, (Hey Brother by Avicii) despite being a cross between country and dance music (no wonder I love it!) has lyrics that absolutely are speaking to me about possible Mutant stories to tell. If Anna goes and sets up a new house, post-riots, then creatively and narratively I'm not telling new stories with her.

If some of the mysterious world-shaper mutants (Ragnarok) have a psychic who can sense what happens in CA when Aidan does his thing, they may realize that Anna is a huge focal point of history/the future (via the baby's future which they may not realize). Strings could be pulled sending Vanguard after her (I can't remember if they're connected to Ragnarok or not) and she is forced on the run.

the whole brother/sister motif is very The Brothehood, as well. Maybe Anna has to take Saladin up on his offer of protection.

found a cover of the song I really like:
IC9HiG5Z-Sg

Dragon
Apr 24th, 2014, 04:42:59 PM
I could definitely see that happening. One of the ideas I had was that saving Eva's life is not meant to prevent Ragnarok from acting - it actually accelerates their timetable because they see her as a golden opportunity to advance their plans. With her in the picture, they move sooner, before they're truly ready, which means it's still possible - however costly - to defeat them.

I also had assumed Aidan would return to his own time after the riots. If he knows what's coming, he may not be willing to do so. Still, I really like the idea of his big "walking into the sunset/time vortex" moment.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 24th, 2014, 05:13:46 PM
He could go back to the future...only to have Francoise send him back to the past immediately, or him convince her to.

Maybe if he isn't really given any information about the 'new' future, and when he returns she realizes he is actually needed in the 'past' timeline to make everything work...and because he's not from the new timeline's future his actions don't have the reality altering consequences anymore.

that sounds complicated but it makes sense to me