PDA

View Full Version : Bothan AMA

Torrsk Oruo'rel
Feb 18th, 2014, 02:54:22 AM
I do love a good bandwagon.

Any questions about Bothans, Bothan Clans, Bothan Space, Bothawui, the Bothan SpyNet, grooming tips, fur loss products, postman pursuit tactics, technological solutions for finding lost bones, etc - ask away!

:wofl

Anne Phoenix
Feb 18th, 2014, 10:43:46 AM
Have you found the droids you're looking for yet?

Taataani Meorrrei
Feb 18th, 2014, 10:47:06 AM
Now that the bothans are a key founder of the alliance, will there be a push to nationalize the spynet, or will it continue to be a den of whores?

Torrsk Oruo'rel
Feb 18th, 2014, 08:16:04 PM
Have you found the droids you're looking for yet?

Sadly no, Miss Phoenix. As yet, we have not found a solution to the trade restrictions placed upon Industrial Automaton; nor have we found a reliable alternative to their astromechs for use in our X-Wing and Y-Wing fleets. It is a matter of urgent attention for various defense subcommittees; and I would ask that you refrain from discussing such a sensitive military issue over such insecure channels.

Now that the Bothans are a key founder of the alliance, will there be a push to nationalize the spynet, or will it continue to be a den of whores?

I'm glad that the SpyNet is somewhere you can feel at home, Senator Meorrrei. :)

As far as nationalising the Spynet, I feel that it would be unwise, impractical, and not necessarily feasible. It is no coincidence that the headquarters of the Spynet is located in the Intergalactic Trade Mission: at it's core it is a diplomatic entity, built upon trade relations, diplomatic relations, and good faith towards the Bothan people. It is made up of Bothans, and those sympathetic to the Bothans; not to the Alliance. It is not merely a collection of analysts in data centres, or operatives in the field; we have informants and assets everywhere from hospital janitors to corporate directors, all of whom have a relationship of trust and loyalty to the Spynet, and to Bothawui; not to the Cizerack, the Mon Calamari, or any other aspect of the Alliance.

Not everyone in the galaxy regards other species equally, and without prejudice. Some of our allies and assets feel an affinity towards the Bothans because of our loyalty to the Republic during the Clone Wars; many of them suffered at the hands of Separatist races, many of whom now comprise the population of the Alliance. Will their loyalty to the Spynet hold if we ask them to extend that loyalty to species who caused the deaths of loved ones? Would the Spynet even still exist after the kind of exodus such a move would cause?

I would no more ask Bothawui to nationalise the Spynet than I would ask the Pride Mother to surrender her Trade Fleet or her Marines. Those institutions are what they are because of who they are. They cannot function if they were anyone else.