PDA

View Full Version : Moral Diplomacy

Valois Al'Gray
Jan 25th, 2014, 06:45:58 AM
Two days had passed since the gathering at the Reef Fortress (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?23371-Beyond-the-Sea), but Valois Al'Gray had yet to leave Hapes prime. As had become custom in the royal court, House Al'Gray kept apartments in the royal city of Ta'a Chume'Dan, though they were rarely visited. That was custom too. Sixty-two similar residences stood vacant for the better part of the year, creating a ghost-town of sorts in the shadow of the black basalt crag that was crowned by the royal palace.

Now there were guards at doors and servants rushing to and fro to fetch and deliver whatever their mistresses desired. From her vantage point three stories above street level, Valois watched darting about like bees in the blooming season, carrying more than just goods from house to house. An hour ago, she had dispatched a busy little bee of her own, directly to House Irimore.

Valois turned from the balcony, retreating into a drawing room dominated by an elaborate, golden model of Relephon and the dozens of moons that surrounded it. The mid-day sun glittered against the tiny spheres, speckling the whole room with soft spots of warm light. Three chaise lounge bordered the model, each covered with cushions and animal skins.

“Fetch a dish of bliz eggs,” the Ducha said to no one in particular, as the reclined on one of the chairs and waited on the pleasure of Anatasie Irimore's company.

Anastasie Irimore
Jan 26th, 2014, 04:47:00 PM
The Irimore apartments within Ta'a Chume'Dan were of an older design to some of the dwellings of.. newer titles. The building itself was quite similar to others in appearance from the avenues before it. Yet it's construction was dominated by the large, airy courtyard at the heart of the house. Soft, thick green grass covered the ground here, dotted with a path stepping stones of the contrasting roughness of the black basalt that the Chume's fair city stood upon. It was there that the new young Ducha walked, barefoot against the carpet of green.

"My lady, another invitation has arrived for you."

Turning her face up to the shimmering light of the cluster above, Anastasie turned in a slow circle as a harpist played for her pleasure, the sheer material of her blue gown blowing softly against her body in the open air. "Put it with the others.."

"Yes, my lady. This one was from one of the houses you said to watch for."

Her servant spoke up, but rarely, and this was the time for her to do so. Anastasie surrendered her attention to the girl. "Which?"

"House Al'Gray, my lady."

"Hmmm..", was all she said for a moment.

"Yes.. I think I could use some.. company. Send my reply and have the Ducha expect me. Ready my sedan chair.." Her words were not rushed, but slow and deliberate.

Although others snapped to, to carry out her bidding, Anastasie remained listening to the soft plucking of the harp. Ducha's were not hurried along, and she would go as she liked.

Valois Al'Gray
Jan 27th, 2014, 03:20:00 PM
That the young Ducha of House Irimore had not been prompt in responding to her invitation should have vexed Valois, and yet it did not. If she had come running when called, it would have been a disappointment. The girl had clearly spent enough time observing at her mothers side to understand that it was the prerogative of Hapan Ducha to make others wait. Nevermind that the girl was making her wait slightly longer than was socially acceptable.

“When she arrives, let her stew a little in the heat outside,” Valois said with a remarkably pleasant smile, as she peeled the pink shell from another tiny egg.

Anastasie Irimore
Feb 3rd, 2014, 03:46:37 PM
The day was decidedly warm. Anastasie's servants had anticipated this already, the most obvious result of their diligence to her every comfort was the airy blue gown (http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/Drakania/p8563478_n604841_cc_v3_ab_zps71a58c5f.jpg) she wore. Perfectly suited to visit with her fellow ducha, the shade was both maidenly and fresh, much like her new role as the Ducha of Irimore. While the cerulean color accented her golden locks and highlighted the blush of youth clinging to her, it also kept her quite cool once she was in the shade of her sedan.

There was nothing rushed about their progression to the Al'Gray apartments. In fact, there was a bit of hold up when people slowed to watch the new ducha pass them by, hoping for a glimpse of her. Anastsie did not fret about hold-ups or traffic, ensconced within the confines of her silk draped sedan chair, she flipped through the other various invitations she had received since her arrival in Ta'a Chume'Dan with a critical eye on who it would most advantageous to receive, or be received by.

That she was being made to wait upon that first reception did not surprise the young ducha. She simply allowed her servants to tie back the drapes on her conveyance, allowing both the breeze and curious gazes within. The longer she was kept waiting the more rumors would spread regarding her first social visitations.

Anastasie smiled, turning her face toward the breeze being fanned her way by a devoted attendant. "Let them look...", she whispered to herself, resting her elbow upon a satin-covered cushion.

Valois Al'Gray
Feb 15th, 2014, 12:42:45 PM
The minutes trickled away until almost a quarter of an hour after the Ducha's arrival, the gates to House Al'Gray swung open. Servants in red and gold came forward to greet the young scion of House Irimore, adding their numbers to Anastasie's own retinue.

An elegant, curved staircase lead the way from the antechamber up to the drawing room where Valois sat, reclining still. The attendants who waited on the Ducha Al'Gray dipped their heads in respect, though Valois neglected to rise to her feet as Anastasie entered.

“Ducha Irimore,” she said, with a thin smile. She gestured to the empty chaise lounges. “How good of you to join me.”