PDA

View Full Version : I am the Pride Mother of the Cizerack, AMA

Kiattaarra Feessaarro
Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:30:34 PM
For the sake of my transcriptionist, this AMA or Ask Me Anything, shall not bother with an approximation of a Cizeri accent. Additionally, while I am answering things IC, keep in mind that this never occurred IC at all, so all would be considered OOC knowledge. If you spoke to me in real life, you would be thrown in a feeding pit and disposed of for assaulting my ears and presuming yourself my equal.

So! Ask me anything.

Sanis Prent
Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:37:38 PM
What's an average day like in your life?

Kiattaarra Feessaarro
Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:28:04 PM
What's an average day like in your life?

When I wake up I am served breakfast, usually consisting of a small bowl of sajoi, or other small rodents. Afterward, my skin is rubbed with lotion and my makeup applied, and my manservants dress me while the Emissary briefs me on my official meetings and duties for the day. If there is nothing on my schedule I usually spend the day in my gardens, reading a book or studying policies. Or bedding one of my many manservants. They are all eager to please. ;) Usually the morning is spent signing things.

Lunch is usually a communal meal with ladies of the court, a feeding pit and a group of scantily clad females, I'm sure you get the general idea. Then I worship at the temple of Saanjarra for an hour - not every day, but often enough to keep the High Priestess happy. The rest of the afternoon is spent lounging, unless we have visiting dignitaries, in which case I will still be lounging because the Emissary will be making sure our guests are comfortable.

After dinner I usually go for a swim, then watch the holonet in my rooms until I go to sleep. Also, I have sex at least once a day, we just fit it in wherever.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:51:50 PM
What is your opinion of Cizerack incorporation into the Alliance of Free Planets? Do you have an expectation of the role the Cizerack will play in the union? What do you stand to benefit, and what risks are you taking steps to minimize?

Jaden Luka
Jan 24th, 2014, 03:17:07 AM
With the exception of the Hapes Consortium, the majority of the Alliance's members live in either a patriarchy or gender neutrality, though there are a lot of women in positions of political significance and power. Do you think exposure to these other cultures and their gender roles will have an impact on Cizerack culture? Do you think the Cizerack will be expected to change, and how do you feel about that idea? Will you be trying to inspire changes to benefit women in other cultures?

Kiattaarra Feessaarro
Jan 24th, 2014, 11:09:44 AM
What is your opinion of Cizerack incorporation into the Alliance of Free Planets? Do you have an expectation of the role the Cizerack will play in the union? What do you stand to benefit, and what risks are you taking steps to minimize?

My opinion is that it was a mutually beneficial move, designed to bolster the Cluster's influence in it's sector, and indeed, the neighboring sectors, at least on the Alliance side of the border. Behind us on the Hydian Way we are keeping the Independent sectors free from Imperial and Alliance squabbling, at least for the time being. We bring our Navy, such as it is, to the Alliance, as well as access to exclusive trade from our grain stores, and we gain the friendship of many planets who might have viewed us with suspicion in the past. Being closed off from the rest of the galaxy is fine if you want to avoid all outside influences and keep yourself safe, but by taking this step we have gained information and new trade opportunities. We are expanding our shipyards at Cana'darri for the first time in a hundred years, having access to more raw materials and political friends who wish to buy ships from us.

The risk is, of course, that the Alliance will simply disintegrate under the stress of managing so many diverse star systems, each with their own baggage and needs. Our military's recent advancements in weapons laid the foundation for the starkiller missiles that currently keep our Alliance strong and the Empire at bay. By staying strong in our sector and the sectors we protect we do our part to keep the Alliance strong and safe for all it's members.

...Did that answer the question?

Kiattaarra Feessaarro
Jan 24th, 2014, 11:12:32 AM
With the exception of the Hapes Consortium, the majority of the Alliance's members live in either a patriarchy or gender neutrality, though there are a lot of women in positions of political significance and power. Do you think exposure to these other cultures and their gender roles will have an impact on Cizerack culture? Do you think the Cizerack will be expected to change, and how do you feel about that idea? Will you be trying to inspire changes to benefit women in other cultures?

In short - no. We have no wish to meddle in other cultures, just as we would hope none would try to meddle with ours. If the Cizerack are pressured to change their ways, I think the Alliance will be quite upset with the results of any such action. We would not want to withdraw our support from the Alliance, but if we cannot ensure the sovereignty of our rule within our own borders, and a respect for our traditions and... 'gender roles' as you put it, then the risks far outweigh the benefits of our alliance.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jan 24th, 2014, 11:49:24 AM
What is your appraisal of your two senators? What level of trust is there with each? Do you have any expectations of them? Any pet projects? Are their conditions made on their offices?

Kiattaarra Feessaarro
Jan 24th, 2014, 12:30:37 PM
What is your appraisal of your two senators? What level of trust is there with each? Do you have any expectations of them? Any pet projects? Are their conditions made on their offices?

Personally I find them both boring, though the Meorrrei woman at least seems to have a sharper brain than the decrepit creature the Matriarchs insisted on. Senator Meorrrei was brought up as representing the commercial interests of the Cluster, and I am quite happy to please my subjects by having her in place. Her position is more precarious, without much prior political experience in the Cluster she may find it hard to operate if she tries to expand beyond the commercial and trade matters she is an expert in. Senator Arretaura has much more experience, but is more predictable. This makes her easier to trust, because we can almost be certain of how she will represent the Cluster's interests to the rest of the Alliance.

If they prove to be too independent of the Cluster and start moving to shore up personal interests (like Meorrrei's personal businesses) rather than the good of the Cluster, they will be removed from office and replaced.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jan 25th, 2014, 12:52:53 AM
Do you have full faith in your emissary? Do you feel he's performing his sacred duties appropriately, or do you fear he may be steering you in some respects on an unsaid agenda? He's been emissary since the Clone Wars, and through two pride mothers.

Kiattaarra Feessaarro
Feb 14th, 2014, 12:44:38 PM
I would have said yes, I have full faith, but to be completely honest I am not sure anymore. He is appropriate at all times, and his dedication to his duties is such that one cannot call it into question. His loyalty to my house is great. I do sometimes feel that his loyalty is still to my mother and great-mother, not to me. So yes, he has an agenda, but I have not been able to determine if his agenda will steer me wrong. So far his interests have aligned with keeping me in power for as long as possible, which suits me fine.