PDA

View Full Version : Gotta think 'em all: random thoughts!

Pages : [1] 2

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 20th, 2013, 02:11:52 PM
yup. time for a new 'un.

Crusader
Oct 20th, 2013, 03:33:18 PM
I get a Pokemon Vibe from that title... but I can't tell why?

Ilias Nytrau
Oct 20th, 2013, 03:53:12 PM
Tim looked at me funny when I decided to finish off the cranberry juice (because he asked me to) by adding vodka... at 1400 on a Sunday, of all things. :p

Dee
Oct 20th, 2013, 04:52:01 PM
When is a healthful and nutritious juice inappropriate? ;)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 20th, 2013, 05:00:38 PM
Why, I dare say that it never is! Indeed adding alcohol only serves to enhance the cranberry's natural flavors and aromatic notes tenfold!

Charley
Oct 20th, 2013, 06:40:07 PM
cran vodka is the diet pepsi of alcoholics.

Dee
Oct 20th, 2013, 07:39:51 PM
Cranberry juice, vodka, and a splash of the syrup from a jar of maraschino cherries is quite tasty.

DAMMIT.

I don't have cranberry juice.

Charley
Oct 20th, 2013, 07:43:37 PM
best thing with cran is a red snapper, which IIRC includes amaretto, canadian rye, ginger ale, and the maraschino. It's kinda like baby's first manhattan

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 20th, 2013, 08:00:54 PM
Drink snobs are the worst. :p

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 20th, 2013, 08:04:05 PM
No two ways about it - a vodka cranberry gets the job done really really well if you drink enough. That delightfully tart cranberry flavor really masks any bity vodka aromas and pretty much makes it to where you don't know you've had too much until your ass is on the floor ^_^

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 20th, 2013, 08:12:26 PM
By the way I wore my "goal dress" to the wedding yesterday - I bought it in January in the hopes of fitting back into a 6 sometime this year. Fit perfectly.

We left right before they started dancing. :( :cry

Charley
Oct 20th, 2013, 10:17:35 PM
It looked great btw :) I like the look you're going for these days.

Also in no way is my comment about cran vodka a drink snob thing. This is from the mouths of folks who drink it, who tend to choose it *for the lack of calories*

Also I don't think it's possible for me to be a drink snob. I'm a beer drinker.

Emelie Shadowstar
Oct 21st, 2013, 01:38:43 AM
OHGOD WHY AM I STILL AWAKE?! :cry

Dee
Oct 21st, 2013, 01:46:04 AM
*hugs for Sarah*

-----

Note to self! Greek coffee after a several hour long Benadryl-induced nap means you're wide awake and yet frelling exhausted at 3:33 am. DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN, you idiot.

Vittore Montegue
Oct 21st, 2013, 02:00:10 AM
OHGOD WHY AM I STILL AWAKE?! :cry

Sorry, that's my fault. After boring so many people to sleep by talking, my brain now emits a kind of psychic caffeine effect. :|

Dahlia Ericsson
Oct 21st, 2013, 09:52:36 AM
Because Dahlia is from New Orleans and her mother is Creole, she speaks a few dialects of it. Most notably, Haitian Creole, which has some of the most creative and colorful phrases for swearing I've ever seen. For example:

Ou santi tankou swe ki sot nan pwel yon leza. (You smell like the sweat of a lizard's pubic hair.)

But my absolute favorite, which has me in the worst giggling fit ever:

Chamaux ki besoin konyen pwall couri deye ou na desert! (You will be chased across the desert by sex-starved camels!)

Emelie Shadowstar
Oct 21st, 2013, 12:17:04 PM
Galaxy News Radio full playlist makes even Mondays all better :dance

Well... You know... Except for THAT. What the fuck, people??? Knock it off. :|

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 21st, 2013, 01:50:00 PM
*pterodactyl shriek*

Ilias Nytrau
Oct 21st, 2013, 08:00:51 PM
Well, I wasn't intending on napping for quite that long... but I'll take it!

Aimee Connors
Oct 21st, 2013, 08:09:34 PM
What's a nap? O_o

its that thing I wake up from to find out that the kids took every one of their toys out and spread them out in a layer over the entire house

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 22nd, 2013, 04:11:16 PM
Kelly Sue Deconnick coming to my local comic book shop, I stand by my earlier

*pterodactyl shriek*

Blaze Revoch
Oct 22nd, 2013, 04:56:10 PM
I'm being such a rebel! At work right now because someone had to be here to unlock the building for some meetings. Quietly listening to Five Finger Death Punch featuring Rob Halford in my office here at the church.

I may be going to hell for this.

Emelie Shadowstar
Oct 22nd, 2013, 06:14:01 PM
...I just got spoiled on what happens to Loki in the next Young Avengers comic.... by Tom Hiddleston. :|

I have mixed feels.

Tom Harriman
Oct 23rd, 2013, 04:29:56 AM
Pssh, don't lie, your feelings aren't mixed. Tom Hiddleston is talking. All you feel are swoons. :|

It's nearly November guys, and you know what that means!

Prepare to say goodbye to knowing whether or not your favourite American TV shows are gonna have new episodes or not.

|I

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 23rd, 2013, 06:12:40 AM
Not burnt yet. I'll wave to you all as the TV helicopters circle overhead

Asha Vendax
Oct 23rd, 2013, 06:52:37 PM
There's nothing like new medication to make your chest ache and give you crazy ass mood swings. It's making watching the baseball game practically painful.

Don't like it.

Charley
Oct 23rd, 2013, 11:23:41 PM
Ran 6k tonight after a long hiatus and didn't miss a beat. Feelz good.

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 24th, 2013, 02:30:35 AM
Okay wait a sec.... what the thread title refers to just dawned on me. Pokemon surely isnt still a thing???

Charley
Oct 24th, 2013, 12:45:46 PM
Still is. I have grown-ass adult friends, some who are doctors and lawyers, still keeping up with the joneses on Pokemon shit.

I don't get it either.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 24th, 2013, 01:22:00 PM
I have the latest Pokemon game for my Nintendo 3DS... but then I am a Jones.

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 25th, 2013, 04:24:47 AM
Still is. I have grown-ass adult friends, some who are doctors and lawyers, still keeping up with the joneses on Pokemon shit.

I don't get it either.

What. The. Fuck?

I know most kids games and cartoons are designed to not be high art but are there to sell crappy toys (Transformers being a great example) but Pokemon took it to a whole new level of batshit crazy blatant with utterly no redeeming quality, how the hell can it still be a thing to adults??? Sure, I do things that others would find puzzling or dumb (I dropped more cash on bikes than what most pay for cars all for the idea of losing buckets of sweat riding up mountains) but...... POKEMON??????

Captain Untouchable
Oct 25th, 2013, 05:58:33 AM

I don't get it either.

What. The. Fuck?

I know most kids games and cartoons are designed to not be high art but are there to sell crappy toys (Transformers being a great example) but Pokemon took it to a whole new level of batshit crazy blatant with utterly no redeeming quality, how the hell can it still be a thing to adults??? Sure, I do things that others would find puzzling or dumb (I dropped more cash on bikes than what most pay for cars all for the idea of losing buckets of sweat riding up mountains) but...... POKEMON??????

What a surprise. Mark doesn't like something, and feels the need to insult people that do.

People like shit that you don't like. Get over it, and yourself. :|

Kara Hawkins
Oct 25th, 2013, 08:01:11 AM
I have... Concerns about what I'm doing after work today. :uhoh

Park Kraken
Oct 25th, 2013, 08:13:12 AM
Been doing some research on hybrid/super storm systems of the past. I knew about the 1993 Perfect Storm, but I hadn't even heard of the Big Blow (Columbus Day Storm of 1962). Basically like a Category 4 Hurricane hitting Washington and Oregon.

Crusader
Oct 25th, 2013, 01:31:49 PM
Charley's mum liked a comment of mine that featured the words "ass" and "tits" in the same sentence. This is kind of disturbing in a good way.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 25th, 2013, 03:32:17 PM
People with Opinions on the Internet!! :dood:

Glad you're not burnt up Mark.

Regarding Pokemon there are adults now who grew up watching and playing Pokemon so it's not really surprising they might still enjoy it. Bottom line, you're old.

Kara Hawkins
Oct 25th, 2013, 07:17:26 PM
Dear hair... I'm sorry... It wasn't working out. We needed to go our separate ways. :|

Dee
Oct 25th, 2013, 10:33:52 PM
Chicken Basil Rice, I love you.

Vince
Oct 26th, 2013, 01:17:02 AM
Is it sad that I want to make an account for my Skyrim characters so I can have a thread where I develop them more?

Kara Hawkins
Oct 26th, 2013, 01:22:26 AM
^ ...no?

Also... that way lies madness. Do not speak of such things again or accounts shall spring up overnight :|

Glen Hawkins
Oct 26th, 2013, 01:28:11 AM
...holy crap. Skyrim roleplay?

:ohno

Park Kraken
Oct 26th, 2013, 05:07:49 AM
...holy crap. Skyrim roleplay?

How many of us would be married to Lydia? :whaa

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 26th, 2013, 05:09:17 AM
Lydia's dead in my Skyrim.

I'm technically married to Marcurio, but spend all my time with Serana... :mischief

Charley
Oct 26th, 2013, 09:57:40 AM
Holy shit skyrim rp would rule so hard. Imperial Legate Darruk reporting. All Stormcloak scum prepare to meet the headman's axe. Malacath grant me victory.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 26th, 2013, 10:18:39 AM
Mmmmm Skyrim RP...

I married Ainethach, but it was mostly a marriage of convenience since he owns a mine. I spend ALL my time with Kharjo ^_^

Michael Beckett
Oct 26th, 2013, 10:27:13 AM
I didn't marry anybody...

I keep getting distracted and making new characters before I get that far through the game. :uhoh

Kara Hawkins
Oct 26th, 2013, 11:51:13 AM
I didn't marry anyone in the game...yet. I've been meaning to go back and play.

Pretty sure I'll end up going for Balimund. Someone attacked me in Riften and he just came out of nowhere and smashed their face in. Pretty sure that won him points. lol

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 26th, 2013, 06:26:39 PM
My phone is possessed I think. I got a notification that I'd missed a video chat call involving Jace, Jones, Dee, Sarah, Vince, and someone else from about an hour or so ago. Upon asking Jace about it, he informed me that he wasn't aware of one. I said a few words to Vince over chat/text on the phone, but now I can't bring it back up.

Ironically I was watching The Frighteners at the time.

Droo
Oct 26th, 2013, 06:35:56 PM
Same here, Christin. Just checked with Jace and, although I recieved an invite, none had been sent. Somebody needs to exorcise the Google demons.

Ben Merasska
Oct 26th, 2013, 06:58:00 PM
Viljo the Knight of Gondor (Yes I downloaded mods for Gondor Armor and weapons such as Anduril, Narsil, Glamdring, the Witch-King's sword, and Galadhrim bow - don't judge me!) is presently searching for Grimsever so he can impress the bootiful Mjoll the Lionness. Kharjo, also bedecked in the noble gear, is (and this is what I'd like to write up a thread of) constantly snarking and teasing his soldier/mercenary friend.

Narzhil (Yes I named him Narsil. Shut up.) has just escaped Helgen and I plan on seeing how well these mods adding voiced marriageable Khajiit work. Hopefully well.

On a side note, why can't I make Kharjo my steward?

*Kirk/Spock voice* BETHESDAAAAAAAAAAAA :shakefist

Kara Hawkins
Oct 26th, 2013, 07:03:16 PM
:|

I'm not nearly drunk enough for these shenanigans.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 26th, 2013, 07:05:23 PM
I'm currently working on correcting my sobriety problem, myself.

Maybe we should get a drunken video chat started up anyway, and play some cards against humanity?

Dee
Oct 26th, 2013, 11:43:10 PM
Skyrim? Is this something else I need to put on my OH MY GOD YOU'RE AN IDIOT YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME list?

On the other hand, I'm watching Rocky Horror...SUCH good college memories...wish I still fit into my Magenta costume >_<

Aimee Connors
Oct 27th, 2013, 02:12:24 AM
Ive been so drunk for like three hours .....!!!!!

Droo
Oct 27th, 2013, 05:50:51 AM
You're a pirate. It's your obligation!

And, Dee, yes, you must play Skyrim. Actually, don't. We may never see you again! :uhoh

Also...

Aimee Connors
Oct 27th, 2013, 12:14:44 PM
Hahaha I don't remember posting that!

I had a reasonable amount to drink but I did not have a reasonable amount of food yesterday and I got HAMMERED. Wow! I don't think I even drank anything after like eleven thirty.

my head hurts. I didn't take my Advil last night because for some reason I was convinced I had already and I didn't want to take two doses lol. Wtf Holly.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2013, 12:58:44 PM
I had a reasonable amount to drink but I did not have a reasonable amount of food yesterday and I got HAMMERED

this was me also.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2013, 02:19:46 PM
Now the hammering is in my head :(

Piotr Ustinov
Oct 28th, 2013, 10:35:34 PM
And, Dee, yes, you must play Skyrim. Actually, don't. We may never see you again! :uhoh

Also...

2653Yes...it's probably best that I do avoid it.

:D :D :D

*does the time warp in her living room....again...without shame!*

Err, slightly wrong account...go me! :p

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 31st, 2013, 08:16:23 AM
What a crappy start to the day -_-

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 31st, 2013, 12:52:52 PM
Kitty is going to be ok! :hug

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 31st, 2013, 04:12:47 PM
why isn't every day "cosplay at work" day

Charley
Oct 31st, 2013, 04:34:03 PM
Halloween costume days at my job are so milquetoast. Why no, I don't have any HR-appropriate costumes unless you're okay with a murderous slaver or a murderous meth cook.

Emelie Shadowstar
Oct 31st, 2013, 06:16:26 PM
:| We had a guy in my office dress up like Leeloo He used masking tape (cheated by wearing pants) but ...good god. The lols.

I also did the one thing that makes Halloween... Halloween for me since 2005: Mad King Says :dance

Solomon Latona
Nov 1st, 2013, 12:39:56 AM
Halloween costume days at my job are so milquetoast. Why no, I don't have any HR-appropriate costumes unless you're okay with a murderous slaver or a murderous meth cook.

Pick yourself up a cyan turtle neck, white pants, and a white sweater with light grey shoulders, and go as Colour Inverted Captain Sisko.

...wait, that's probably not HR-appropriate either.

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 1st, 2013, 01:06:47 AM
Just spent Halloween with Danny Elfman and Tim Burton.

I win. :dance

Ben Merasska
Nov 1st, 2013, 06:25:52 AM
I was Gomez Addams. Are there wins for that? I hope so, since I'm still sporting the pencil moustache at the moment.

Charley
Nov 1st, 2013, 02:24:56 PM

Pick yourself up a cyan turtle neck, white pants, and a white sweater with light grey shoulders, and go as Colour Inverted Captain Sisko.

...wait, that's probably not HR-appropriate either.

I put on a hawaiian shirt, shaved off my moustache, took out my earring, put on contacts, slipped on a DEA badge and brought a book on homebrewing beer. Boom, the laziest Hank Schrader costume.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2013, 02:57:17 PM
At least you shaved off your mustache. :)

Charley
Nov 1st, 2013, 03:27:37 PM
Whatever, my moustache was pretty awesome

Ben Merasska
Nov 1st, 2013, 04:26:04 PM
Whatever, my moustache was pretty awesome

It was pretty awesome.

Mu Satach
Nov 2nd, 2013, 03:40:29 PM
I was Gomez Addams. Are there wins for that? I hope so, since I'm still sporting the pencil moustache at the moment.

There are always wins for Gomez Addams and a pencil moustache.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 2nd, 2013, 10:36:25 PM
Are there pictures?

next year you have to do Jon Snow. :colbert

.....IM SO BORED

Kara Hawkins
Nov 2nd, 2013, 11:06:44 PM
^ I'm gonna second the John Snow thing.

Just say'in.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 3rd, 2013, 02:27:35 AM
Don't forget Daylight Savings time starts or ends or something!

Ben Merasska
Nov 3rd, 2013, 12:32:17 PM
Are there pictures?

next year you have to do Jon Snow. :colbert

.....IM SO BORED

But that costume would be so involved!

There are pictures, but since I maintain a policy of never taking pictures of myself, other people have them and haven't put them up or sent them to me.

Ndonsa
Nov 3rd, 2013, 12:58:43 PM
That's a dumb policy! :shakefist

I read/saw online a guy who made a Jon Snow costume with two belts, some fake fur, a set of black curtains and a ladies black coat they got at a thrift store. Add some white paint for snow stains and it looked pretty awesome.

Droo
Nov 3rd, 2013, 01:08:55 PM

I have to admit, I've also never taken a selfie. The thought of it makes my skin crawl!

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 3rd, 2013, 01:19:37 PM
Now you both have to take some proper selfies, duck faces and myspace angles and all!

Captain Untouchable
Nov 3rd, 2013, 01:23:48 PM

I read/saw online a guy who made a Jon Snow costume with two belts, some fake fur, a set of black curtains and a ladies black coat they got at a thrift store. Add some white paint for snow stains and it looked pretty awesome.

"snow stains", huh?

Is that what they're calling that these days? :mischief

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 4th, 2013, 06:01:40 AM
Not burnt.

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 4th, 2013, 06:03:11 AM
People with Opinions on the Internet!! :dood:

Glad you're not burnt up Mark.

Regarding Pokemon there are adults now who grew up watching and playing Pokemon so it's not really surprising they might still enjoy it. Bottom line, you're old.

Annnnnnnd that's the way to reply :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 4th, 2013, 11:52:57 AM
Not burnt.
Glad you're ok! I got a little worried when you were silent for so long.

I mean, you may be a curmudgeonly asshole, but you're OUR curmudgeonly asshole, dammit. :shakefist

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 4th, 2013, 06:05:26 PM
It was certainly an "interesting" 10 days. Evaced three times, had at one point 12 fire engines out the front, choked on smoke.....

I can say with 100% certainty that "Experience a REAL bushfire" was not on my bucket list with good reason.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 4th, 2013, 06:39:38 PM
Randomly, one of my favorite books as a small child was Kippy Koala and the Brushfire (or something, it's actually in the other room), so I am imagining you had a helpful koala show you where to run to so you could escape the fire!

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 4th, 2013, 11:20:22 PM
No, but we did have kangaroos, wallabys, possums, every kind of bird and I think even a koala invade the street at differening points seeking refuge. The cats reaction to seeing a kangaroo hopping on the driveway was priceless - cats do WTF THE FUCK IS THAT????? in a such a cute way :D

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 6th, 2013, 10:38:57 PM
Okay brain... you're going to cooperate with me tonight. :| Sleep WILL happen at a reasonable time.

(ahahaha it's cute I think that)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 7th, 2013, 08:53:21 AM
*sigh*

I wish GBS would go back to normal. 2.1 is just... asinine.

Mu Satach
Nov 8th, 2013, 08:37:40 PM
Attack of the gremlins!!! I swear, everything was working just fine and then BAM 15 min. before tip off everything and I mean EVERYTHING went to hell. All is calm now, but sheesh!

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 9th, 2013, 01:46:50 AM
Welcome to tumblr. Enjoy your stay. Wonder where the last 5 hours of your life went? You should!

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2013, 11:11:46 AM
Helena, you are not what I expected!

Morgan Jones
Nov 9th, 2013, 12:32:12 PM
Helena, you are not what I expected!

Oh god, Helena. :ohno

And also mobster Helo. Can he have a miniseries please? :uhoh

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2013, 12:34:49 PM
I am pleasantly surprised at how they are handling her character so far :)

Droo
Nov 9th, 2013, 01:09:13 PM
So I'm enjoying Supernatural. But did anyone else get annoyed by its highly inappropriate segue sound? There's a moment of emotional resolution, or a threat is over, and then, suddenly, you hear what sounds like all the kitchen knives in Hell being sharpened. Then fade to black.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2013, 01:10:33 PM
All the kitchen knives in hell ARE being sharpened. Be on the edge of your seat, Droo!

John Glayde
Nov 9th, 2013, 01:38:23 PM
That is the grating of your soul being slowly ground away. Wait a few seasons, and that noise will spontaneously trigger crying. :|

(just ask Sarah)

Kara Hawkins
Nov 9th, 2013, 01:41:34 PM

Apparently I am about to endure the doom season finale today. I expect to be catatonic by evening.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 9th, 2013, 02:40:05 PM
Looks like i need to step up my game! Just finished the witch episode in season 3.

Kara Hawkins
Nov 9th, 2013, 03:19:35 PM
I fully expect you to pass me before too awful long since I can only at best manage 1 ep or so during the weeknights. Weekends are when I go a bit off the rails. :lol

:| Today will be at least 5 eps. I will catch up to where the show actually is if it kills me (inside). lol

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 9th, 2013, 03:52:22 PM
Oh trust me, I'll be keeping you and Jace updated so that you and I eventually sync up. Then I will keep pace with you :)

Kara Hawkins
Nov 9th, 2013, 04:28:04 PM
AUGHHHH THE SONG OF FEELS :cry

I am not ready!!!

Edit: I am now dead inside. :| There will be no more feels for I have no more feels to give.

Also I am going to go sob in a heap in a corner now. WTF, show...just...WHAT THE EFF :|

Droo
Nov 9th, 2013, 08:43:42 PM
It's nice to know I'm not the only one behind, which, granted, is usually the norm for me when it comes to good television. That said, I now have an incentive to up my game and catch up with the rest of you stragglers.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 10th, 2013, 04:21:11 AM
I don't even remember where I got up to watching SPN... season 6 maybe?

Vittore Montegue
Nov 10th, 2013, 05:24:31 AM
Can you? Can you wipe out that much red?

-- me, trying to proof read a post by a character with an accent. :|

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 10th, 2013, 04:51:13 PM
:| I don't bother proof reading Cleo. That's just asking for trouble.

Droo
Nov 10th, 2013, 09:11:35 PM
Supernatural, Season 2, Episode 1: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

OMG THEY KILLED JAVIER BARDEM!

Edit: Also... CLOWNS! :dood:

Kara Hawkins
Nov 10th, 2013, 11:25:30 PM
Rewatching the first season with Kris... Amused at all the foreshadows (and kinda crappy effects that get sooooo much better)

Also ffff.... Dat car <3

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 11th, 2013, 03:41:45 PM
Ok, after the emotional rollercoaster of season three's ending, I needed Monster Movie. Coincidentally, it beats out Hollywood Babylon for my favorite episode.

Captain Untouchable
Nov 13th, 2013, 11:41:28 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/167ff8357ed95b3874daf6af7c6b7dc9/tumblr_mw3g9vxXKn1r1hnb3o5_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ed4ddec7d4c8d58dedc62d6f67e799bd/tumblr_mw3g9vxXKn1r1hnb3o6_500.png

...there we go. You may resume your activities. :|

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 14th, 2013, 07:56:59 AM
...there we go. You may resume your activities. :|

This hurts you - er, me.

With laughter.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 14th, 2013, 08:55:27 PM
Found out today that I got promoted to #1 fixer. Feeling pretty good, especially since not only is it over a dollar an hour raise, but I'm also the first woman #1 fixer in the history of Phifer.

Kara Hawkins
Nov 14th, 2013, 09:02:26 PM
^ You are awesome! :eee

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 14th, 2013, 11:25:13 PM
Found out today that I got promoted to #1 fixer. Feeling pretty good, especially since not only is it over a dollar an hour raise, but I'm also the first woman #1 fixer in the history of Phifer.
Congratulations!!!

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 15th, 2013, 05:53:49 AM
Exhausted. Kinda realized the month has been just a bit over the top for stress. At least it's raining finally and the fires are now out.

Think I'll sleep for a week

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 17th, 2013, 10:19:56 AM
^ You are awesome! :eee

Congratulations!!!

Thanks guys ^_^

Morgan Evanar
Nov 17th, 2013, 11:26:34 AM
I just made some ideal scrambled eggs. :)

Also my dad is in town and we are making deer roast.

mmmmmmmm deeeeeer.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 17th, 2013, 11:39:25 AM
OMG jealousy mode: activated

Venisoonnnnnnnn

Droo
Nov 17th, 2013, 11:48:48 AM
I just don't get Bob Dylan. His songs bore me senseless and I cannot abide the sound of his voice. I don't even like his version of All Along the Watchtower. And what annoys me about this is that I feel that, in some way, this makes me a cultural boor. He is my musical Gladiator.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 17th, 2013, 11:52:00 AM
I'm not fussed on him either, Droo. I like 'The Times They Are A Changin' but that's about it. The rest of his music does nothing for me.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 17th, 2013, 12:34:27 PM
I just don't get Bob Dylan. His songs bore me senseless and I cannot abide the sound of his voice. I don't even like his version of All Along the Watchtower. And what annoys me about this is that I feel that, in some way, this makes me a cultural boor. He is my musical Gladiator.

You're not alone. Bob Dylan is a great writer of music, but he's a an awful singer in my estimation. I love covers of his songs by people who are better singers. All Along the Watchtower is, of course, done better by Hendrix. "I liked Jimi Hendrix's record of this and ever since he died I've been doing it that way... Strange how when I sing it, I always feel it's a tribute to him in some kind of way."

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 17th, 2013, 12:44:37 PM
I've hated Neil Diamond ever since I had to watch Jonathan Seagull in Philosophy 101 :x

Captain Untouchable
Nov 17th, 2013, 01:03:46 PM

You're not alone. Bob Dylan is a great writer of music, but he's a an awful singer in my estimation. I love covers of his songs by people who are better singers. All Along the Watchtower is, of course, done better by Hendrix. "I liked Jimi Hendrix's record of this and ever since he died I've been doing it that way... Strange how when I sing it, I always feel it's a tribute to him in some kind of way."

My dad is big into folk music, so he wanted to make sure I was exposed to Dylan songs, but performed... not shitly. He bought an album called "Hollies Sing Dylan", which I'm pretty sure I found on Spotify if you have it available. Those are the versions of Dylan songs that I grew up with... a little more upbeat when appropriate, harmonies thrown in for good measure... kind of a Beatles vibe, I guess.

There are a lot of good covers of Dylan stuff like Chris says... just avoid him doing his own stuff.

Ben Merasska
Nov 17th, 2013, 06:44:33 PM
I've hated Neil Diamond ever since I had to watch Jonathan Seagull in Philosophy 101 :x

I hated Neil Diamond until I saw Saving Silverman. I still don't like him, but I don't hate his music now.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 17th, 2013, 10:22:41 PM

I hated Neil Diamond until I saw Saving Silverman. I still don't like him, but I don't hate his music now.
Oh man, I forgot about Saving Silverman. Still. I can't get over it. Jonathan Seagull is terrible. :x

Charley
Nov 18th, 2013, 07:38:09 AM
The way you guys feel about Bob Dylan is me 100%

Crusader
Nov 18th, 2013, 10:25:47 AM
I understood a Doctor Who reference in a Nick Hornby book. To put it in Sarah's precious words: THIS MAKES ME HAPPY!

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 18th, 2013, 02:12:09 PM
^ Good boy :D

Emelie Shadowstar
Nov 18th, 2013, 10:43:47 PM
I swear this youtube video will be the death of me. I hurt from laughing so hard.

Oliver Hodsson
Nov 19th, 2013, 02:09:38 AM
Yesterday was Tuesday right? :uhoh

Venator
Nov 19th, 2013, 02:09:56 AM
:ohno But today is Tuesday too!

Solomon Latona
Nov 19th, 2013, 03:37:36 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/a6067da47dab4f80e544f1c762cf61ce/tumblr_mqcuc22o3q1qlk2ulo1_500.gif

:(

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 19th, 2013, 04:12:22 PM
Christmas things starting to arrive in the post :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 19th, 2013, 04:56:46 PM
Owen had two teeth fall out today. :cry

getting too big stop please

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 20th, 2013, 01:54:58 PM
what is my life

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d6037c14d617b38c5a06778bdfc195a0/tumblr_mkrdjrAyPR1s8qgsko1_250.gif

Mu Satach
Nov 20th, 2013, 11:06:01 PM
new pet peeve - online reviews of movies or books that start with "here's the deal" or "a real review"

Darth Turbogeek
Nov 21st, 2013, 04:13:48 AM

Cant say I disagree - altho I dont find it annoying as such, just.... something I tune out as it doesnt interest me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 21st, 2013, 11:20:25 AM
Smashed the glass on my iPad when it slid off a shirt onto a counter, very gently I might add. GUESS YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT ME THAT CASE TY :shakefist

Makhaira
Nov 25th, 2013, 03:34:34 PM
Tired. So tired. Want sleep. Want to go home. Still at work.

Halp.

:cry

Dee
Nov 26th, 2013, 09:46:57 AM
Holy crap I'm cranky when I spill half my coffee across the table at work. So cranky I stressed myself into a headache over it. Yay.

Shoot me now, please.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 30th, 2013, 03:01:14 PM
one tumblr is bad enough how did i end up with three

D:

Samson
Nov 30th, 2013, 06:13:46 PM
Only three? :uhoh

Kara Hawkins
Dec 1st, 2013, 02:06:27 AM
I'm at 3... 4 if you just count the one I can post to but didn't create :uhoh

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 1st, 2013, 02:25:25 PM
Asked for a tarot reading on SA:

Ah, a quickie. This spread is particularly easy, because you barely have to cross-reference anything.

For past, you drew The Hermit, inverted. You have disconnected from yourself in order to fit in more with the world at large. Alternatively, it could show that a self-imposed isolation has brought you great advantage, but you ended up taking it too far. The light of the Hermit's lamp is near useless if he refuses to share it with others. This is an extremely spiritual card.

For present, you got the Ten of Pentacles. There's no wiki page for this. It represents culmination and fulfillment. As a 10, the message is very strong. Are you currently rich with a hot spouse who is constantly giving you oral? Even if not, this card suggests that currently you're reaping the more material sorts of rewards that your actions have brought. It is a significant reversal from the inverted Hermit.

For future, you got the Queen of Cups, which has an absolutely useless wiki page which I won't link here. This card is all about supportiveness and... uh... procreation or life-seeding, for lack of a better term. Sorry, it's still early in the morning. Everyone flowers into their own sort of glory at their given time. A more impressive feat than blooming yourself is to be the kind of person whose presence causes others to bloom too. That's the Queen of Cups, and according to the cards, your ultimate fate. You might not find it easy to see through giant creative endeavors on your own, but you have a lot of good ideas and positive contributions that will support, nourish, and empower the people you decide to grace your help with. You'll be a great teacher, mentor or baby-momma. I haven't checked your reported gender BTW, so if you have man bits just think of it figuratively.

Those three cards are sort of all over the place. It's a hazard of using few cards to do a reading. They do describe an arc of changing from an inwardly-focused person to a more outgoing, sharing one. For you, ultimately power and fulfillment will be found by sharing, inspiring, and helping to create.

i find it fascinating, even if the present card doesn't quite seem to fit.

Mu Satach
Dec 1st, 2013, 11:38:15 PM
New hobby - read all online reviews and responses of things using Glen Quagmire, Joe Swanson, Peter Griffin & Brian's voices.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 2nd, 2013, 12:29:09 PM
How high does the sycamore grow?

Droo
Dec 3rd, 2013, 05:06:53 AM
Pugs are the TARDIS of the dog world. :love

Charley
Dec 3rd, 2013, 10:45:53 AM
Pugs are the TARDIS of the dog world. :love

They're...bigger on...the inside?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR DOG??!!?

Mu Satach
Dec 3rd, 2013, 03:55:40 PM
User: Hey my laptop is being really slow and can't connect to my email.
Me: Ok. Let's take a look. *pokes things*
Me: Ummm... do you use a program called Scorpion Saver?
User: Ahhhh yeah, that was a virus. I thought I got rid of it. I guess I should have told you guys.
Me: *brains user with laptop*

Dee
Dec 3rd, 2013, 05:46:47 PM
There are just some episodes of Supernatural that need to be watched with every light in the condo switched on.

Yes, even the closet lights.

Don't judge me :ohno

Emelie Shadowstar
Dec 3rd, 2013, 08:00:12 PM
^ rofl.

You and Kris... I swear. :lol

Dee
Dec 3rd, 2013, 09:14:17 PM
We're special, dammit! :D

Captain Untouchable
Dec 4th, 2013, 04:52:28 AM
Last night's (Season 9) Supernatural.

Oh my god you guys.

Charley
Dec 4th, 2013, 09:19:01 AM
Having a slow tire leak is the freakin worst. Too slow to be able to detect, making patching impossible, so instead you dump 10 psi into the tire every 1 or 2 weeks. If only you were a bigger leak so I wouldn't have to up and replace a tire for something that should be an easy fix

Droo
Dec 4th, 2013, 05:41:54 PM
Supernatural Season 4 aokjdnhasnduainikanbnasoldnsdasbjhdaswb

[SAM STOP APOLOGISING TO DEAN! LIFE GAVE YOU LEMONS AND YOU'RE MAKING LEMONADE! FUCK THE ANGELS!]

:verymad

Emelie Shadowstar
Dec 4th, 2013, 07:53:18 PM
^ lol.... I just finished that season and I still feel that way. Combined with a healthy dose of WTF

Captain Untouchable
Dec 5th, 2013, 04:48:06 AM
By the end of Season 4, it's less Sam making lemonade, and more [Sam thinking he's making lemonade, when in fact he's been tricked into accidentally making enough Napalm to set fire to the whole world.] :uhoh

Y'all need to keep Dean's attitude from this season in mind, too. It throws things into a totally different light in later seasons.

Kara Hawkins
Dec 5th, 2013, 09:35:12 AM
:P seriously just need to make a thread for this damn show already.

Format all posts like Episode 3x10 (or whatever) followed by one giant spoiler tagged post... Since it seems a chunk of us are at various points and so you'd only see comments/rants/freakouts/soul crushed weeping if you are up to that point :|

Dee
Dec 5th, 2013, 09:38:56 AM

Clearly I need to watch faster as I think I'm the furthest behind...

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 5th, 2013, 11:21:31 AM
Ty and I are in the middle of Season 8 on Netflix with sEason 9 recording on the DVR so we just MIGHT be able to catch up this summer.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 5th, 2013, 12:00:27 PM
Yes, get out SPN nerds. Take your fandom to a thread of its own!

Kara Hawkins
Dec 5th, 2013, 12:25:55 PM
Nevar!!! You must realize the inevitability of all things to eventually reference SPN in some way! Tumblr is only the beginning! :p

Contessa Mikkelson
Dec 5th, 2013, 01:40:56 PM
Tumblr is worse than potato chips...you can't have just one...

Crusader
Dec 5th, 2013, 04:03:36 PM
Yes, get out SPN nerds. Take your fandom to a thread of its own!

Yes and give me a heads up once everyone reaches the end of season 5!

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 5th, 2013, 04:32:31 PM
I'm going to be extremely disappointed in humanity if some dead actor gets more notice than a truly great man's passing. Unlikely in Mandella's case tho. I hope.

Droo
Dec 5th, 2013, 04:36:06 PM
I highly doubt it. Mandela transcended boundaries between people, regardless of their taste in films.

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 5th, 2013, 05:27:40 PM
I highly doubt it. Mandela transcended boundaries between people, regardless of their taste in films.

I hope so. Mandela had his flaws but in the end you could apply the Batman quote to him - he truly has become something greater - immortal, an idea and a symbol. To me has has to be one of the top 10 grestest men to be born in the 20th century.

Emelie Shadowstar
Dec 7th, 2013, 04:12:44 PM
Past the point of no return. :uhoh

Droo
Dec 7th, 2013, 05:24:31 PM
Michael Bublé, I'm sure a really nice guy and all, but you're ruining Christmas with your intolerable inescapable crooning! :verymad

Delphine St. Pierre
Dec 8th, 2013, 09:52:22 AM
It's Sunday. And I am at work.

I am not at home with cocoa in front of my fireplace.

NO. I HAVE TO WORK.

And I have to miss most of, if not all of, the football game.

WHY CAN'T THESE PEOPLE FUNCTION WITHOUT ME ON A FREAKING WEEKEND?!

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 16th, 2013, 01:03:39 PM
Owen just told me he sees two of things all the time and didn't tell me because he didn't want me to be angry.

LE SIGH

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 17th, 2013, 03:52:09 AM
3 NIL!

3 to ZIP, DONUT, BLURTER, ZERO, NOUGHT, ABSENCE OF NUMBER, O ETC!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/bxMeU1b.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Made my day :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 17th, 2013, 03:13:08 PM
I'm so stressed.

Crusader
Dec 18th, 2013, 04:00:05 PM
Today in 2 years we will be watching Episode 7!

Satkia Beltrak
Dec 18th, 2013, 09:33:03 PM
Already half way done with this chapter subsection! *does happy dance*

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 21st, 2013, 01:02:19 AM
I'm sort of surprised my hair hasn't spontaneously turned white - though I have had a major migraine since getting back from the pediatrician with Owen.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 21st, 2013, 07:05:05 AM
Aaand now he's throwing up and it looks like we WERE exposed to the stomach flu on Thursday JUST WHAT I NEEDED

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 23rd, 2013, 01:37:58 AM
Also now I'm sick - carls jr I'm sorry, that was no way to treat you after a nice outing doing some Christmas shopping.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 23rd, 2013, 08:46:40 PM
Holly, feel better. Tis the season I guess.

Palara Iscandar
Dec 24th, 2013, 01:59:20 PM
I gotta stop helping my brother.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 24th, 2013, 03:34:04 PM
Now I'm all better! Except I'm exhausted because I was up all night with Olivia who threw up all over her bed!

she is better now - well, we'll know for sure in a bit because she got to eat a little cereal after being able to keep down water for a few hours.

Im treating Sophie like a ticking bomb *laughs nervously*

we had to cancel all family get-togethers.

Satkia Beltrak
Dec 25th, 2013, 08:35:36 AM
Seems that I'm finally going to start watching GoT season 3 today!

Kara Hawkins
Dec 25th, 2013, 11:42:08 PM
:ohno I was fine... totally fine...

and then....

Curse you!!!!!

Oliver Hodsson
Jan 2nd, 2014, 06:33:00 PM
It's 2014...

:mischief

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2014, 02:51:02 PM
why is it that TV shows about serial killers always have the tastiest looking food in them? :uhoh

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 5th, 2014, 03:34:35 PM
Catching up on Hannibal, eh?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2014, 04:08:20 PM
^ nope! already up to date. just watching the intro to Dexter makes me want ham ^_^;

Mu Satach
Jan 5th, 2014, 06:26:10 PM
I play that theme every morning to inspire me to make a good breakfast. :)

Satkia Beltrak
Jan 5th, 2014, 06:58:14 PM
Go away, you bleeping wind storm >:

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 6th, 2014, 12:23:43 AM
:x I don't wanna go to workkkkkk [/whine]

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 6th, 2014, 10:38:25 AM
:x I don't wanna go to workkkkkk [/whine]

Today was my first day back and I finished 2 hours early after spending the majority of the day just.. staring at things.

Jet laaaaag.

Dragon
Jan 6th, 2014, 09:32:53 PM
-6 degrees F. with a wind chill of -30.

For those of you in Celsiusland, that's -21 and -34, respectively.

When did Ohio become part of Canada?

Crusader
Jan 7th, 2014, 05:30:56 PM
http://thehothspot.com/2014/01/07/rip-star-wars-expanded-universe/

^^Great news we can start ignoring parts of the EU just like Lucasfilm has done it for years!

Dragon
Jan 7th, 2014, 09:34:27 PM
^^Great news we can start ignoring parts of the EU just like Lucasfilm has done it for years!

So at first I read that as, "Great news we can start ignoring parts of the European Union just like Lucasfilm has done it for years!"

I mean, I still can't say I'm completely against the idea?

Darth Turbogeek
Jan 7th, 2014, 10:57:49 PM
http://thehothspot.com/2014/01/07/rip-star-wars-expanded-universe/

Start ignoring? I've been ignoring that crap after I, Jedi came out, which is close to the last readable book in the entire EU. And I'm not the only one too, how many ran away in droves with that Vong excretement? They started so well with the Thraw n series and it turned to..... Oh Lord, my brain wants to strangle me to stop the recall! Most of the reasons I RP'ed years ago was to prove - successfully even if the bar was so low it could walk under a toilet door with stilts and a top hat - I could randomly pull something out of my ass and not make the reader want to drink bleach to forget the shitpile. A complete amatuer could come up with a coherent character and adventures than so called paid professionals, that's just wrong.

I even wrote in comepltely different writing styles (like first person) and even invented aternate RL personalities so I could have the freedom to experiment. At one point I had four different personalities spread over the child boards of swFans going at one time and absolutly no one had any clue - and believe me I had a lot of fun doing it and the few who know certainly had a hell of a laugh to see me dance between those pesonalities - however most personalities matched a EU author and each of those subsequent characters were written as close to the style of the author in question..... so I could take their ideas and show hey, they might stink but watch what happens when you do them properly.
Or as properly as I cared about.

In the end while there was this insane wealth of shit to mine and mock in the EU, the problem to me is that in the end the main character just wanted to be a nerf herder on Ukio and eventually that just runs out of steam and the character writes itself to have that ending, you tie off the bad guys as having nasty deaths and the Big badass Jedi hands his sabre on then tells the Universe to go fuck itself. And I imagine Turbogeek in the evening pipe in hand as the sun goes down, boots up on the table content and a peace finally.

Then what really made me drop it is that while I set out to be better than the EU, I also have a writing problem in that I dont seem to be able to do anything else after that. If I start again, guess where the character will go? I put some tragic event, there's an ass load of revenge and the character direction but it all ends the same. And you know what? I've done that story. I retread, I dont mean to but I do. And the thing about the EU is they also retread and respew the same story.

So to prove I'm better than the EU, when I worked out that problem I stopped :D Hey, I've told that story, why should it be done again?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 8th, 2014, 12:43:28 PM
But to objectively prove your writing better wouldn't you have to be published and then outsell them? ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2014, 03:24:26 PM
Foot cramp what is the point of you even

Darth Turbogeek
Jan 8th, 2014, 06:52:30 PM
But to objectively prove your writing better wouldn't you have to be published and then outsell them? ;)

Have you seen the best selling list lately???? That's like a temple to shit authors :D

Oh and remember FORCE WEDGY?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/atomic-wedgie-kills-oklahoma-man-article-1.1570024

I am a bad person for laughing :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 9th, 2014, 11:46:00 AM
It's been too long since someone was bonked on the head with a frying pan

Anna Fernandez
Jan 9th, 2014, 02:47:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b81w3tQ.gif

Sandra Hawkins
Jan 9th, 2014, 10:49:31 PM
:uhoh I said what now?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 10th, 2014, 01:27:52 AM
I just love how he bounces out of frame. :D

Almost Human is great!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 10th, 2014, 05:50:58 AM
Things happen. How you handle them at the time they happen and the aftermath is what tells others about who you really are.

In other woyds, do not cross me. I will flay you alive and leave only what the police find useful.

Which is not much.

Crusader
Jan 10th, 2014, 06:01:52 AM
Things happen. How you handle them at the time they happen and the aftermath is what tells others about who you really are.

In other woyds, do not cross me. I will flay you alive and leave only what the police find useful.

Which is not much.

Note to self don't cross Christin.

Additional note to self if you cross Charley eliminate Christin first.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 10th, 2014, 11:34:25 AM

Which is not much.

So...tips of the fingers and an intact jaw for dental records?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 10th, 2014, 11:56:06 AM

Which is not much.

Note to self don't cross Christin.

Additional note to self if you cross Charley eliminate Christin first.

a Gattuso always pays her debts.

either that or the flaying makes Christin a member of House Bolton.

either way, do not fuck with.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 11th, 2014, 05:33:11 AM
I had hit the mild anger phase when i posted that. To be honest I've maintained a slow simmer this entire week while at work. Things will truly boil over soon, i promise you all.

Droo
Jan 11th, 2014, 06:24:32 AM
"I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eye teeth to end you! I swear it: I'm coming for all of you!"

That just seemed rather apt right now. :uhoh

Vittore Montegue
Jan 11th, 2014, 08:33:10 AM
In the words of David Tennant... I don't want to go. :(

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 11th, 2014, 08:43:22 AM
^ I feel your feels :( Bout this time last week I was in the same feelzone.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 13th, 2014, 01:01:09 AM
....how long until Germany? :|

Crusader
Jan 13th, 2014, 02:50:51 AM
7 months and 3 days!

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 13th, 2014, 09:59:30 AM
I am 99% sure that Sylar getting ganked by a guy in a full body vinyl suit was something I watched and didn't dream last night... :uhoh

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 13th, 2014, 11:04:01 AM
I am 99% sure that Sylar getting ganked by a guy in a full body vinyl suit was something I watched and didn't dream last night... :uhoh

Ah, American Horror Story season 1, Murder House?

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 13th, 2014, 11:10:30 AM
Yep... I still can't figure out if I even like the show. I find myself going "WTF IS THIS EVEN??" more than anything else :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 13th, 2014, 12:04:57 PM
....how long until Germany? :|

Too long. I am bored of England already :|

Satkia Beltrak
Jan 13th, 2014, 06:14:57 PM
Please, sunny weather, don't go away already! *shakes fist*

Inyos Aamoran
Jan 13th, 2014, 06:48:16 PM
Welp. Eviction was a real great thing to arrive home to. :|

Taataani Meorrrei
Jan 13th, 2014, 09:42:42 PM
Dude what!?!

Hobgoblin
Jan 14th, 2014, 08:13:28 PM
....how long until germany? :|

GERMANY?!?!?!?!?!

Welp. Eviction was a real great thing to arrive home to. :|

Wait, what? What the heck. Let us know if we can help, I guess?

Amos Iakona
Jan 14th, 2014, 10:54:27 PM
Not anything that anyone can help with, unfortunately. There's not even anything I can do myself: it's all in the hands of local government and that sort of thing at the moment. Happy about the prospect of not having to live with this guy any more... just having to do a lot of hoop-jumping to make sure I a) have a roof over my head, and b) don't lose out on all the medical/treatment/funding/etc that I only just managed to get straightened out. >_<

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 15th, 2014, 03:31:55 AM
^^hope you can get it all sorted out. :/

... This Shia TheBeef story is so incredible http://www.avclub.com/article/shia-labeouf-plagiarizes-daniel-clowes-comic-for-h-106565

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 16th, 2014, 07:34:39 PM
auuughhhhhhhhhhh Jury Duty :grumble

Crusader
Jan 17th, 2014, 01:53:53 AM

Is that paid time off? Or do you have to take a vacation day for that?

Serrena Alcine
Jan 17th, 2014, 02:35:21 AM
Sleep...wherefore art thou...*smacks head against nearest wall...repeatedly*

Lesai Ennix
Jan 17th, 2014, 11:56:20 AM

Is that paid time off? Or do you have to take a vacation day for that?

No idea... I need to find out. :ohno

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 17th, 2014, 01:08:49 PM
Wine friiiiday

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 17th, 2014, 01:10:18 PM
I know that here in Alabama you get paid either your normal 40 or weekly indemnity. Can't remember which, but you do get paid regardless. I would imagine it's much the same for the other states.

Crusader
Jan 17th, 2014, 01:49:07 PM
I just hope that this will not affect your time off in August. :ohno

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 17th, 2014, 02:00:23 PM
I don't see why it would... unless I end up on some sort of insane case of doom that drags on forever. :whaa

Let's hope it's just a routine boring jury pool sit around and do nothing and be bored to all hell thing. lol

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 18th, 2014, 01:08:00 AM
Die, infernal cost accounting assignment, DIE!

Satkia Beltrak
Jan 18th, 2014, 07:17:24 AM
Brain, stop bouncing all over the place.

Brain, do you hear me?

*hears brain cackling* -__-

Salem Ave
Jan 18th, 2014, 07:22:54 AM
A cackling brain.. you should see a doctor about that :p

Taataani Meorrrei
Jan 18th, 2014, 04:36:30 PM
I don't see why it would... unless I end up on some sort of insane case of doom that drags on forever. :whaa

Let's hope it's just a routine boring jury pool sit around and do nothing and be bored to all hell thing. lol

Maybe you can get out of it?

http://youtu.be/bBuNvyo4j54

Captain Untouchable
Jan 18th, 2014, 06:16:29 PM

Maybe you can get out of it?

http://youtu.be/bBuNvyo4j54

^ I don't know what that link is, but if it isn't Liz Lemon dressed as Princess Leia I will be disappointed. :|

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 18th, 2014, 06:48:31 PM
It is <3

Also...

LOOKIT ALL THE DAMN ACTIVITY. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 18th, 2014, 06:54:25 PM
all this roleplayin, fuckin nerds

:3:

Crusader
Jan 18th, 2014, 09:50:06 PM

Yeah and the only roleplaying thread where I am in was not forwarded for 3 months now...

Sniff, I want to play Dark Banana again so that I can get my own fix. >D

Lesai Ennix
Jan 18th, 2014, 10:21:34 PM
Clearly you need to get involved in Star Wars threads, Peter.

You are failing to assimilate to RPer mentality. When one setting goes slow, you make characters for the other(s)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 18th, 2014, 10:29:45 PM
SW RP is where it's at.

Mal'achi Ath-Thu'ban
Jan 18th, 2014, 10:43:29 PM
Indeed.

For now. :mischief

Evelyn Cato
Jan 18th, 2014, 11:08:40 PM
Oh HO!!

ps - Good evening 'Fans, this is ancient Phoenicia calling...

Ananke
Jan 18th, 2014, 11:09:51 PM
you don't say! :D

Thesis
Jan 18th, 2014, 11:10:31 PM
Ancient she says... :rolleyes

Evelyn Cato
Jan 18th, 2014, 11:15:14 PM
Think of me as the Yo-Cat of Fans ^_^;

Thesis
Jan 18th, 2014, 11:16:43 PM
Honey if you are the Yo-Cat of Fans...

It's not nice to insult someone's age. Let's just leave it there.

Gale
Jan 18th, 2014, 11:17:32 PM
Don't you think you mutants should go retreat to your own random thoughts thread?

Just saying... :uhoh

Evelyn Cato
Jan 18th, 2014, 11:18:38 PM
Aw it's ok... I still love you tons ;)

Ento
Jan 18th, 2014, 11:35:09 PM

Yeah and the only roleplaying thread where I am in was not forwarded for 3 months now...

Sniff, I want to play Dark Banana again so that I can get my own fix. >D

fröhliche weihnachten, you filthy animal (http://theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?55180-Mass-Effect-The-Conduit&p=1020790#post1020790)

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 19th, 2014, 01:24:22 AM
I have wiiiiiiiiine in meeeeeeeee lalalala

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 19th, 2014, 04:48:16 AM
I had many wines, six hours sleep, and feel fine.

:smug: